Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1420764737600581632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the David Seville school of easy listening

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
a perfect troll

I’m convinced that’s what it always was and nothing can change my mind. no human would do that lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

papa horny michael posted:

do you listen to the Talking Simpsons podcast?

no but maybe now i will

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
what was the name of that goon that got run out of cineD because he watched movies at 1.3x speed or some other arbitrary number

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Witcher audiobook at .75 speed makes the narrator intelligible and better in general, it’s pretty funny.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

That's just listening to the Alvien and the Chipmunks versions.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

god i love/miss our trashy chinese food. i havent been able to find any around here that matched trashy chinese places of my childhood memories of our suburban cul-de-sac hole-in-the-wall chinese places called like great wall or uncle wu's, with white plastic covers on tables, lazy susans with those little two-spout soy sauce containers and getting egg flower soup and trash cheese wontons with mongolian beef or like lemon chicken

the only places here are like more "upscale actually authentic" types, which are very good, but it's also not the same, and certainly a lot more expensive.

go to chef chu's in los altos

their "general chicken" is probably the best general tso's i've ever had in my entire life, that place is an americanized chinese food paragon

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Huego posted:

Effusively praising several cultures that were/are monstrously misogynistic and also handwaving away the only century that produced significant improvements to women's rights with a reference to that lovely more! women! guards! meme every chapo bro has tattooed on his eyeballs lmao
lol this makes a lot of sense that it's slashie/tb

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

their "general chicken" is probably the best general tso's i've ever had in my entire life, that place is an americanized chinese food paragon

good to know, i dont get down to south bay much for many good reasons, but maybe next time i go to santa cruz or monterey i'll try to go there

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

does that mean they have the really good chow mein with the crispy noodles

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

loving lol, dead on

i figured it was a leftistmuslimobama rereg

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Xaris posted:

one of the worst posters of all time. wish them nothing but misery :)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

so she strolled into YOSPOS to find that no one falls for that poo poo?

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Why doesn't slashie have an entry in sa encyclopedia? I want to know more!

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

not if you use an audio player that does resampling

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

loving lol, dead on

i figured it was a leftistmuslimobama rereg
things have been a lot better since lmo left and i think it'd be patently obvious bitterly scolding at everyone if she came back. but it was a solid guess

Beard Dandruff posted:

Why doesn't slashie have an entry in sa encyclopedia? I want to know more!
not really interesting enough to bother. i guess you regged in 2017 you probably don't know about the Ozma-admin era, but similar to that: just your very typical tumblr-esque person tutting everyone trying to be the Arbiter of Woke while actually being a super rich heiress to some major hollywood executive. The gist of it could be gleaned by popping open twitter n' reading the replies to any glenn or virgil/felix tweet, or just reading any jude sade doyles tweets; or rather just think of every person you know complaining about Bernie Bros.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 20:23 on Jul 29, 2021

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
dummy speeding it up when they should be slowing it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK8TQ11uJ_4

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

good taste hell yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-MYe0SL9Q

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Best ALAB episodes?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Yossarian-22 posted:

Best ALAB episodes?

All of them

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Yossarian-22 posted:

Best ALAB episodes?

The fairly recent one about race based lawsuit payouts is good.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

things have been a lot better since lmo left and i think it'd be patently obvious bitterly scolding at everyone if she came back. but it was a solid guess

not really interesting enough to bother. i guess you regged in 2017 you probably don't know about the Ozma-admin era, but similar to that: just your very typical tumblr-esque person tutting everyone trying to be the Arbiter of Woke while actually being a super rich heiress to some major hollywood executive. The gist of it could be gleaned by popping open twitter n' reading the replies to any glenn or virgil/felix tweet, or just reading any jude sade doyles tweets; or rather just think of every person you know complaining about Bernie Bros.

yeah twitter was always her natural home and iunno why she doesn't have a small cult there. maybe she's in blackhammer now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smythe posted:

no but maybe now i will

It's pretty good and Matt and *snicker* Virgil have guested on multiple episodes

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Yossarian-22 posted:

Best ALAB episodes?

The “Weeb wars” ones.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TheMightyBoops posted:

The “Weeb wars” ones.

I'm still amazed that a lawyer that practices a completely different type and profession of law can just one day saddle up and attempt to do something else without anyone really looking too strangely at them

from inheritance law executor to... civil rights?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Victory Position posted:

I'm still amazed that a lawyer that practices a completely different type and profession of law can just one day saddle up and attempt to do something else without anyone really looking too strangely at them

from inheritance law executor to... civil rights?

Also the lawyer raising all the money for the defense so he could hire the wrong type of lawyer and hand the case off so he can YouTube commentate on the case he banked and created.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I honestly feel like every episode of ALAB is extremely funny and entertaining and informative, except for the back to back episodes they did about sanctions, which i found literally exhausting to listen to. I tried 2-3 times and just couldn't absorb any of it. Every other episode including the most recent has a lot of energy and good back and forth.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

uber_stoat posted:

dummy speeding it up when they should be slowing it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK8TQ11uJ_4

whoa this slaps

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

TheMightyBoops posted:

Also the lawyer raising all the money for the defense so he could hire the wrong type of lawyer and hand the case off so he can YouTube commentate on the case he banked and created.

And that the lawyer the YouTube guy hired just happens to be the executor of his Texas oil money trust fund, because this is clearly not a money laundering scheme or anything...

Some 4D chess poo poo

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
a man unfairly lain low by the #MeToo extremists

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Butter cookies are the S tier of confused old person snack, but relative the rest of the snack world it's in the damned shadow realm. They're so bad lol. How do they even sell enough to justify making them? It's up there with pre cooked popcorn.

I enjoy perusing the Something Awful forums while nibbling on several large and small butter cookies with Earl Grey in the middle of my day, so imagine my surprise reading this poo poo. I almost choked on a little butter cokkie, gently caress you. My dog was watching me die, waiting for the cookie to come out so that he could eat it.

In the Butter Cookie World, we call your type "Dansk Eaters," people who have only had Royal Dansk "butter" cookies with more oil and artificial flavars than actual BUTTER and paint all butter cookies with this foul brush. In fact we've been making fun of you on the Official Discord. Enjoy your palm oil cookie trash while I'll continue eating unadulterated BUTTER you freak.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1420867164710576133

Yes please.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

small butter posted:

I enjoy perusing the Something Awful forums while nibbling on several large and small butter cookies with Earl Grey in the middle of my day, so imagine my surprise reading this poo poo. I almost choked on a little butter cokkie, gently caress you. My dog was watching me die, waiting for the cookie to come out so that he could eat it.

In the Butter Cookie World, we call your type "Dansk Eaters," people who have only had Royal Dansk "butter" cookies with more oil and artificial flavars than actual BUTTER and paint all butter cookies with this foul brush. In fact we've been making fun of you on the Official Discord. Enjoy your palm oil cookie trash while I'll continue eating unadulterated BUTTER you freak.

Why are you like this.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
His name is even "small butter". This rules

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Also he's right those cookies are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

small butter posted:

and to what house and allegiance do pepparkakor eaters hail and salute?