Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

The Stroker Ace posted:

I don’t like anime. I do not care for it.

write that down on a sign and buy a ticket, my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Juvi is a luchador and Jericho isn't and to win Jericho has to do a top rope move, a thing that will be hard at his age and against someone used to top rope moves. MJF is trying to embarrass him.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Wintermutant posted:

As little interest I have in seeing Shane in AEW, it'd almost be worth it for the subsequent meltdowns

look they made dean "the wacky line" ambrose cool, aew can achieve anything. Mac Daddy Shane would be getting the biggest pops on the show within 3 months

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NutShellBill posted:

Juventud Guerrera: Was a top 3 flier in the world... 22 years ago. Now at age 46, he's kind of a punchline of wasted potential. Legit chance he no-shows or starts a fight backstage.

there is like zero chance he is going to no-show or start any trouble

https://twitter.com/JUVENTUDGUERRE2/status/1420578463170367488?s=20

he has like a hundred tweets and retweets about the match right now and he even made it his twitter header, he knows this is a chance to have a little late career resurgence

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1420599392629792771

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Such is my faith in AEW that I trust this match will be at least OK, even though my only exposure to Juventud is Bryan and Vinny talking through old WCW shows and saying "well this match wasn't very good either".

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1420842043300065285

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Such is my faith in AEW that I trust this match will be at least OK, even though my only exposure to Juventud is Bryan and Vinny talking through old WCW shows and saying "well this match wasn't very good either".

Despite Bryans brain worms Juvi was one of the best and while his life is often a mess, this should be fun.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

number good

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That seems like a pretty great number, especially with the Olympics

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Just imagine how high it would have been if Yuta was on the show

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/RealEstateYoan/status/1420842519437496326

:sickos:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

touch tips

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Just imagine how high it would have been if Yuta was on the show

I know i was worried because the steel drum boy was not on the show that it wouldn't stay above a million.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Me chomping like pac-man: NUMBERNUMBERNUMBERNUMBERNUMBERNUMBERNUMBERNUMBERNUMBERNUMBERNUMBERNUMBER

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bless the Holy Number, ever rising.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

over a million people watched a show main evented by nick gage very cool

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I think all of you loving marks will find the show actually lost tens of thousands of viewers from last week. AEW is dead

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

Bless the Holy Number, ever rising.

Number be with you

And also with you

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
top rope Judas Effect...

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

more people in the demo watched Nick Gage than watched NXT total

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shard posted:

Number be with you

And with your spirit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Ringo Roadagain posted:

over a million people watched a show main evented by nick gage very cool

This is the real triumph right here.

I wouldn't want AEW to do deathmatch stuff every week, but I think that they had this is a good sign of the variety that AEW allows- they can have a deathmatch, they can have lucha libre stuff, they can have big meat slappin' meat brawls, and of course Cody gets to do his Southern wrasslin' segment.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Karma Tornado posted:

more people in the demo watched Nick Gage than watched NXT total

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Doing The Last Dance memes after the Tune Squad bit? Truly their is no limit to Kenny's greatness.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Doing The Last Dance memes after the Tune Squad bit? Truly their is no limit to Kenny's greatness.

Kenny Omega managed to get to the end of that documentary.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can I just say - Kenny is looking in amazing shape. Like he looked like a beast last night.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

Can I just say - Kenny is looking in amazing shape. Like he looked like a beast last night.

He hit some of the cleanest V-triggers I've seen him hit in AEW.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

NutShellBill posted:

Only kinda following the Jericho stuff.

But the logical progression here is not great.

I'm so confused why anyone would knowingly pick him, even in kayfabe.

MJF didn't think Jericho would get past Gage. He called Juvie for the third labor thinking that Jericho wouldn't actually make it to him.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

three straight weeks in the millions, god drat. not out of the question that they could actually beat RAW this year at least once.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

three straight weeks in the millions, god drat. not out of the question that they could actually beat RAW this year at least once.

If Raw dips again and AEW stays even they could beat them next week.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

If Raw dips again and AEW stays even they could beat them next week.

That demo chart.

:sickos:

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

AEW stays winning, even against the Olympics

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What I'm real happy to see is despite the crowd being deflated - it didn't turn out that the Dark Order loss made people turn off their tvs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's beautiful.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

Apparently he got some stem cell treatment that's helped him a lot. He looks like he's moving a lot better out there nowadays.

Anyway,

NUM-BER

RO-SA

RRRRAAAAAAAAAUGH

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1420851525761441792

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's kinda funny to me that Nick Gage could drop 2 pounds and shoot compete in 205 Live and if WWE weren't such fuckups an era of Nick Gage forcing the other cruiserweights into death matches sounds rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy