Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Clicker Heroes 2, the idle game that they charged $30 for on Early Access release (it's still in EA lol), is now dead. Most of these problems were pointed out three years ago when it was first released, but I guess making a decent first game doesn't make you a good game dev or smart enough to see problems when they're pointed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Clicker Heroes 2, the idle game that they charged $30 for on Early Access release (it's still in EA lol), is now dead. Most of these problems were pointed out three years ago when it was first released, but I guess making a decent first game doesn't make you a good game dev or smart enough to see problems when they're pointed out.

drat, definitely a lot went wrong here but it still sucks to read this. That said they seemingly throw users who expected a more complete game under the bus instead of positing that maybe they should've released a more complete game into early access.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Yup. I mean, even back on release I was one of the people complaining on their subreddit that 2-3 days worth of content for an idle game you just charged me $30 for is absolutely pathetic, and it took them months to get anywhere passed that. And even after a year plus of development, the game was just....never fun. The skill systems weren't fun, the passive tree was really irritating to navigate and figure out, the macro system was a horrible pain in the rear end that locked QOL features for it behind huge grinds. It was just so bad compared to CH1 and was one of my big Steam EA regret.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

drat, definitely a lot went wrong here but it still sucks to read this. That said they seemingly throw users who expected a more complete game under the bus instead of positing that maybe they should've released a more complete game into early access.

I pre-ordered this game after a few years of playing the first one, and it wasn't good, but I had figured that even if I hated it, I probably owed them for the amount I enjoyed the first one.

I think their heart was really in the right place, they didn't like the predatory nature of the free-to-play model.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Since there doesn't seem to be a "when to try c15" pin anywhere i followed the guide in the sticky and tried c15.

And after significantly longer than it said to idle i accomplished the same as before i idled on auto reincarnations? anyone know what i'm missing here?

quote:

c15 Runs:

Corruption Setup: Irrelevant. c15 automatically sets you to all 11.

Challenge 15 gives you bonuses to the rest of your runs the further you get in it, based off of your coin exponent when you exit the run. Due to the extreme amount of corruption, however, you won’t be able to make it nearly as far as you can in a normal run. In order to mitigate this, we use a strategy via your auto-challenge sweeper.

First, set the sweeper to 0/0/0; you want to run through the challenges as quickly as possible. Turn challenge 1-5 off for the auto challenge sweeper, because you only want to do the reincarnation challenges. Then turn the sweeper on. This will generate obtanium rapidly, allowing you to buy researches. The most important ones to buy are 1x21, 2x3, and 2x4, but any of the cheap accelerator, multiplier, building cost reduction, crystal production, and building power upgrade are fine. Do not purchase the obtanium, offering, offline, or mythos -> multiplier upgrades. They’re too expensive to be worthwhile at this stage of the game. This will take between 5 and 10 minutes, depending on your CPU power.

After you’ve purchased your research, turn auto reincarnate to 2 seconds and wait for about five minutes. Do any challenges you can during this, but you won’t be able to do many at first. Once you’ve spent about five minutes doing auto reincarnate, turn it off, then exit c15 and go into a cube run. You’ll get bonuses that carry over between all of your runs.

edit:

turns out i'm just an idiot, and the purple text isn't implying that at 40k i get the first bonus

Len fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 30, 2021

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Thanatosian posted:

I pre-ordered this game after a few years of playing the first one, and it wasn't good, but I had figured that even if I hated it, I probably owed them for the amount I enjoyed the first one.

I think their heart was really in the right place, they didn't like the predatory nature of the free-to-play model.

Yeah this is my take on it. They hosed up, but I don't have any reason to believe they were assholes, just...well, boy it's dumb to make a game in flash in the year of our lord 2018.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Falcon2001 posted:

Yeah this is my take on it. They hosed up, but I don't have any reason to believe they were assholes, just...well, boy it's dumb to make a game in flash in the year of our lord 2018.

flash? oh Christ want it already slated for death then?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I bought it for cheap for I think around 10$, and didn't feel like I got my money worth but didn't feel like I got outright ripped off.

I feel like the play is to do something like what Realm grinder did, which was to start replacing your graphics with fancier ones -after- the money starts rolling in. I can't blame them for not throwing good money after bad though, a lot of studios abandon their games looooong before this point.

Feline Mind Meld posted:

You can play it on Steam fine. I dunno if there was a browser version which might have been hosed by the swapover.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Feline Mind Meld posted:

yeah, eos was announced in mid 2017.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
So, some dude decided to revamp Space Company's UI + start adding updates:

NG Space Company!
https://ngspacecompany.exileng.com/

It still suffers from Space Company's storage mechanic, so I highly recommend dumping this into the console whenever you idle:

code:
setInterval(() => {
 document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragecarbonS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragemetalS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragegemS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragewoodS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragesiliconS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageuraniumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragelavaS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragelunariteS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragemethaneS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragetitaniumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragegoldS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragesilverS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragehydrogenS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageheliumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageiceS1').click()
}, 3000)
(this automatically clicks all the storage upgrade buttons every 3 seconds. reload the page to turn it off)

also, if you'd like to auto-build dyson sphere stuff
code:
var btns = document.getElementsByClassName('btn')
setInterval(() => { btns[FIGURE OUT WHICH BUTTON HERE] }, 3000)
(the button doesnt have an ID as of this post, so you'll have to find it yourself sorry)

crime weed fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 30, 2021

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I'm reasonably confident that's flash can still be used for non-browser applications, since the big problems were with the whole 'load and run arbitrary things from the internet'.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

ErIog posted:

I'm not going to argue that anyone should like something they already know they don't like, but I would like to quibble with the idea that corruptions in Synergism are unintuitive.

I agree with what you say here, and should amend: I find the corruptions themselves intuitive in what their impact is.

What I do not find to be intuitive, is determining an effective overall corruption strategy. It's very much trial-and-error or look-at-the-pins, as opposed to a case of "well it clearly makes more sense to max out the research giving me more rune exp, then spend my offerings" which is all the more complicated it really got earlier on.

Especially not once you get to the point where you have to start raising the third corruption (the one that lowers time speed) past the point of its impact being negligibly trivial. That in turn makes the trial-and-error part go from "let's see how it goes in a few seconds/minutes" to "let's see if it actually goes anywhere after an hour or two, or if it doesn't". Which in turn makes it less trial-and-error and more look-at-the-pins.

I'm fine with long runs: I'm less fine with not knowing whether or not a long run will actually pay off until quite some time into the run.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Vil posted:

I agree with what you say here, and should amend: I find the corruptions themselves intuitive in what their impact is.

What I do not find to be intuitive, is determining an effective overall corruption strategy. It's very much trial-and-error or look-at-the-pins, as opposed to a case of "well it clearly makes more sense to max out the research giving me more rune exp, then spend my offerings" which is all the more complicated it really got earlier on.

Especially not once you get to the point where you have to start raising the third corruption (the one that lowers time speed) past the point of its impact being negligibly trivial. That in turn makes the trial-and-error part go from "let's see how it goes in a few seconds/minutes" to "let's see if it actually goes anywhere after an hour or two, or if it doesn't". Which in turn makes it less trial-and-error and more look-at-the-pins.

I'm fine with long runs: I'm less fine with not knowing whether or not a long run will actually pay off until quite some time into the run.

If you haven’t gotten it already there is a early cube research that adds a bar at the top of the screen that tells you how many of each cube you are earning per second. When messing around with corruptions I find it only takes one or two minutes to see if the current set up is better or worse than the last one.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Red Minjo posted:

there's no way they want me to wait nearly 200x as long as the full day spent getting to a round number like 10 to instead have progress be at a number like 11.

New to the genre, huh?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Tainen posted:

If you haven’t gotten it already there is a early cube research that adds a bar at the top of the screen that tells you how many of each cube you are earning per second. When messing around with corruptions I find it only takes one or two minutes to see if the current set up is better or worse than the last one.

This is great and all, but at a certain point, somewhere around Space Dilation 8, this no longer tells you anything for quite a long time, because time ticks up nearly imperceptibly. Which makes coming up with a strategy very frustrating. So, you can squabble with the word intuitive, but there's not in game feedback like there'd been for the rest of the game up until that point. Playing a game and figuring things out shouldn't mean you have to run 6-7 different builds in a day to figure out what feedback you get from your numbers. Then there's the part where to see that feedback you're messing with tricking game mechanics to even gain enough diamonds to start progressing into C10 in these runs.

There's an okay base there, but it's missing the important part of the game-player feedback when it takes 1-3 hours to even figure out if you set up something good or not. It became frustrating to me too, because I couldn't set up a run for the day in 10-15 minutes either. It took 2-3 ant sacrifices to even get the run progressing, and when they're most useful in one short, one medium, and one long sequence, for people who don't sit at the computer all day it turned a 24 hour run into something longer.

As a note about game design, it's not that corruptions are inherently bad, it's that you don't get feedback on your run until you're getting C10 completions and that's where it broke down for me. I need feedback to make choices, and that feedback shouldn't be stretched out to 12 hours from now, because otherwise I'm feeling like I just wasted a day of not making any progress.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Claiming that it made sense to develop a game in Flash in 2014 shows how short sighted they were. Flash had been effectively dead as a development platform for years at that point and it wasn't getting any less dead.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I just now figured out that Trimps is an actual game and not some elaborate Trump joke.

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Claiming that it made sense to develop a game in Flash in 2014 shows how short sighted they were. Flash had been effectively dead as a development platform for years at that point and it wasn't getting any less dead.

I'm going to disagree with that. The team was already familiar with flash from developing CH1, and given that CH2 was never going to be released on the web, it didn't have any issues with it being EOLd. Don't fix what ain't broken. :colbert:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

crime weed posted:

So, some dude decided to revamp Space Company's UI + start adding updates:

Boy progress in this sure falls off a cliff when you are pushing towards the last wonder, huh

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Most idle games are massive slogs when you hit the "current" end game wall, which eventually becomes the last thing in the game because devs rarely neatly finish up idle games. If you are done with the game please close it out and make the end game doable. Someone will stumble upon it and want to play it, nothing worse than enjoying a game then suddenly "the last bit of content requires a 200 day grind and it has been that way for 6 years now and probably will not change"

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Kyrosiris posted:

Boy progress in this sure falls off a cliff when you are pushing towards the last wonder, huh

if you are on your first run, don't complete all wonder floors. look elsewhere for progress

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A few days into WAMI and I am really enjoying it now that I know what the hell everything is, but the online saves are kinda hosed right now so switching between the phone and steam versions are a bit of a pain in the rear end. Not to mention the UI is completely different and they seemingly change some mechanics like leveling both offense and defense spells at once on the phone version despite the saves being cross compatible. It's kinda weird. It's been a long time since I played NGU but I remember the rollout of mechanics being far more gradual in NGU so you weren't overwhelmed with options that are locked and a ton of tabs. I bounced off it the first time because it felt overwhelming to me, but I'm also realizing that starting with the Android version probably wasn't doing myself any favors now that I know how different the two are and that the steam version is by far the easier one to comprehend and interact with from someone who played a lot of NGU.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

You do, admittedly, get rather bombarded with mechanics during the first 60 or so stages. Luckily, it slows down quite a bit after that, and you actually have time to slow down and take a look at all the stuff you're doing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arzaac posted:

You do, admittedly, get rather bombarded with mechanics during the first 60 or so stages. Luckily, it slows down quite a bit after that, and you actually have time to slow down and take a look at all the stuff you're doing.

Yeah I am past that point now where I know what to set up to actually leave it idling for a while, that initial shotgun blast of toggles and features was initially pretty off-putting. Especially on the phone where there's no tooltips. Glad it wasn't just me.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, mobile does have the question marks which can answer some questions, but they're pretty much all...worded poorly. A few mechanics I had go to discord/wiki for though, because I seriously just could not understand what the in-game help was trying to say.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Jhet posted:

This is great and all, but at a certain point, somewhere around Space Dilation 8, this no longer tells you anything for quite a long time, because time ticks up nearly imperceptibly. Which makes coming up with a strategy very frustrating. So, you can squabble with the word intuitive, but there's not in game feedback like there'd been for the rest of the game up until that point. Playing a game and figuring things out shouldn't mean you have to run 6-7 different builds in a day to figure out what feedback you get from your numbers. Then there's the part where to see that feedback you're messing with tricking game mechanics to even gain enough diamonds to start progressing into C10 in these runs.

There's an okay base there, but it's missing the important part of the game-player feedback when it takes 1-3 hours to even figure out if you set up something good or not. It became frustrating to me too, because I couldn't set up a run for the day in 10-15 minutes either. It took 2-3 ant sacrifices to even get the run progressing, and when they're most useful in one short, one medium, and one long sequence, for people who don't sit at the computer all day it turned a 24 hour run into something longer.

As a note about game design, it's not that corruptions are inherently bad, it's that you don't get feedback on your run until you're getting C10 completions and that's where it broke down for me. I need feedback to make choices, and that feedback shouldn't be stretched out to 12 hours from now, because otherwise I'm feeling like I just wasted a day of not making any progress.

I'm sure this was your experience with the game, but my experience is basically what Tainen said. I've never needed to wait longer than a couple minutes, at any point, to see if a corruption setup was good or not. Once you find a good corruption setup you don't really need to mess with it that much until you have time, either. Like you could mess with it every day, but you don't have to at all in order to make decent progress.

So I'm sorry that happened to you, but what you're describing isn't something inherent to the game. It was just the way you decided to play it.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Yeah my guess is it sounds like you are pushing corruptions too hard. I set mine to where after my first sacrifice (i have set to 30 seconds) my c10 gets to 66/70. Then I just go back like two minutes later and make sure all the other challenges are topped off to bump up the cubes per second then I just let it idle for a few hours. I am currently sitting at around 3.41e9 cubes per second which is enough to see significant gains in 5x10 cube research which I currently have at 23,440/100,000

I’m only bumping corruptions up when I can max out all the researches in the corruption runs.

Edit: I guess I will put my current corruption set up as well

2/2/5/4/2/4/12/9/13

That gets me
6.16e12 wow! cubes
4.05e6 Tesseracts
109,000 Hypercubes
3,316 Platonic Cubes

Per hour.

Tainen fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 30, 2021

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I opened it up to see where my last run was leaving me. It's into the C10 completions and is at 71/80. It's running at 1.59e12 C/s 552532 T/s 5124 Hy/s and 400 P/s. But I'm also sitting in the middle of the second row of Platonic upgrades. So Tainen, you're not quite to where I got burned out on it. I'm sitting in a generic build from the discord here because I'd hit a wall trying to hit p1x5 before the last big update.

It does leave a sore spot with me, because up until that point the game was really fun to run. You could see how the choices you made affected your income, and you could jump around and try stuff. It just hit a wall for me, and chasing diminishing returns on 100 levels of upgrades that give only a very minor bonus wasn't a blast. Trying to push C15 to the next level is also an exercise in annoyance.

Erlog, I'd be all ears for ways to get past this section, but because 5/5/8/11/12/5/11/12/11 is where the gains are good, and lowering it makes my gains much lower, I don't see a way past it. SD8+ just makes for frustrating game play. There wasn't a 13'th corruption when I last played, so there's a change I haven't seen at least. I'll give it a day to see if it's any better, and this 16d run since it was open last will help soften it a little. Maybe I just need p2x2 to make it move again, but the start of platonic upgrades was just unpleasant.

*I currently have 16 seconds of time for my ant sac* This just makes me lol.

Edit:
SD9 was terrible for me and I went back to SD8 after a day. The gains weren't there and I'd even over bought benedictions and statues.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 30, 2021

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

The elephant they are trying really hard not to mention is that the deckbuilding poker game they just released on Steam Early Access went through 53 versions starting a few months after CH2 'released' (aka the update schedule you'd expect from a game a team of people are actually working on.) In this time CH2 got 1 or 2 tiny updates pitched as 'major reworks' a year.

ErIog posted:

So I'm sorry that happened to you, but what you're describing isn't something inherent to the game. It was just the way you decided to play it.

Completely disagree. The gameplay loop of corruptions is 'now that you have more stuff, different corruptions might be better, so experiment and see' and requiring hours for feedback on whether 'something else' is better is inherently in contradiction with the core design of corruptions. This slowly becomes more of a problem as you progress into corruptions but eventually you need hours of realtime per one ingame second and that feedback loop is completely broken, requiring you to run multiple instances of the game with different corruption setups to have any basis to compare things.

Tainen posted:

Corruptions 2/2/5/4/2/4/12/9/13

You are at SD5 (the 3rd number) and a few weeks away from seeing what Jhet is talking about, the problem starts to appear at SD6/7 and becomes seriously bad at SD8+. For example: I am currently testing whether SD8 or SD9 is better. I have to run two browser instances to do this and I will have absolutely no idea until I end the runs tomorrow whether the few dozen seconds of ingame time that passed in SD8 was better than 1-2 seconds of SD9.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I normally know drat quickly if a run is going to be a problem like 10 minutes in. It opens way the gently caress back up.

I'm not positive it will be better but it will be within 10% or so. I usually try running with Hyper Challenged +/- 1 from my current once a week to test if it has better gains and run it the entire day backing out if it's not anywhere near my 10 minute normal which is like 80% of the way to the final number always.

Currently running 6/6/13/8/13/13/13/13/13

The discord totally tries to convince you you need to do that stupid wait an hour bullshit thing to get over the wall, I just kept doing my own thing it took longer (probably a month instead of a week) but I didn't have to do bullshit I didn't want.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Voxx posted:

if you are on your first run, don't complete all wonder floors. look elsewhere for progress

Oh so don't mess with the meteorite tech? I figured that would be important.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

pixaal posted:

I normally know drat quickly if a run is going to be a problem like 10 minutes in. It opens way the gently caress back up.

I'm not positive it will be better but it will be within 10% or so. I usually try running with Hyper Challenged +/- 1 from my current once a week to test if it has better gains and run it the entire day backing out if it's not anywhere near my 10 minute normal which is like 80% of the way to the final number always.

Currently running 6/6/13/8/13/13/13/13/13

The discord totally tries to convince you you need to do that stupid wait an hour bullshit thing to get over the wall, I just kept doing my own thing it took longer (probably a month instead of a week) but I didn't have to do bullshit I didn't want.

That's good to hear that it opens back up and gives feedback again. If it's just this middle corruption section that has poor feedback then maybe it's possible. I will say that last big update did increase hyper and plat cubes, so that should help the section a lot. The game was really jiving with me up until platonic upgrades, and then it was just not good fast and progress dropped off a cliff.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

crime weed posted:

setInterval(() => {
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragecarbonS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageoilS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragegemS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragewoodS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragesiliconS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageuraniumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragelavaS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragelunariteS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragemethaneS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragetitaniumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragegoldS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragesilverS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragehydrogenS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageheliumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageiceS1').click()
}, 3000)[/code]

Fixed

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh so don't mess with the meteorite tech? I figured that would be important.

i meant the floors after finishing the "first floor" which ends with the meteorite tech. it sounded like you had just hit the wall that happens past that

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Voxx posted:

i meant the floors after finishing the "first floor" which ends with the meteorite tech. it sounded like you had just hit the wall that happens past that

Ah, no, trying to get towards the last relic of floor one and the last alien research.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I wonder if it was intentional that the first 2 corruptions are locked at 6 for loving ever.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Kyrosiris posted:

Ah, no, trying to get towards the last relic of floor one and the last alien research.

Concentrate more on energy generation so you can take heavier advantage of t3 production buildings. Lunarite and Titanium are your most used resources in that case. Pushing Uranium for Nuclear Power Stations will loop you into Fusion Reactors since you can poo poo out H and He and you're happily into EMC.

Oh and don't forget Silicon along the way because you'll need it for Plasma production and for later buildings!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Falcon2001 posted:

In their defense, they said the game started development in 2014, so it's a bit more forgivable.

What's odd is that they couldn't somehow port to Unity, though. A single solo indie dev could pull it off.. and I say that because I've played their game and I can envision how to rebuild it in Unity. I have to assume they were constantly in the grey area of profitability. Edit: Oh, wait, they were apparently constantly in the red. Ouch.

In any case, if you've never played it, check out the OST. They got some really good music in that thing. In the end, I actually thought it was a pretty fun game that never gained a decent progression curve because, when it comes to idle/incremental games, determining progression curves is one of the hardest drat things to do.

Also... I'm not sure calling it "dead" is the right call here. They're simply not going to provide major updates anymore. In other words, it's "done before they, and many players, wanted it to be done." It's still for sale, it's still decently fun (though not at the price they're selling it at) and ... I seriously think if they handed it over to like... one dedicated dude, they could probably turn it into a F2P MTX machine and recoup some costs.

I mean they literally have a meta-currency in the game that could be sold for cash. If you aren't making any more sales, just do it.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 31, 2021

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
For Sadistic NGU, i've pretty much just been using my mayo for adventure stat cards (yeeting everything else for extra Mayo).

I was wondering if i'm actually gimping myself a little and should instead maybe be focusing on QP/PP/Wishes or something. My rationale for adventure stats is that it's generally the most important as far as i'm aware so figured the direct boosts to them daily was the best use for the cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kin posted:

For Sadistic NGU, i've pretty much just been using my mayo for adventure stat cards (yeeting everything else for extra Mayo).

I was wondering if i'm actually gimping myself a little and should instead maybe be focusing on QP/PP/Wishes or something. My rationale for adventure stats is that it's generally the most important as far as i'm aware so figured the direct boosts to them daily was the best use for the cards.

adventure stats are the best use, but remember that the less bonus you have the better overall% gain you'll achieve when you cast. in the long run, though, it won't matter very much because when you have card tiers high you get a much, much bigger bonus because the tier is an exponent.

iirc i started with mostly adventure cards, and at a certain point just started doing everything good+ or great+ depending on my mayo