Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I like how even with monsters that generally don't get along, they all especially hate Fuhrer Ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

the worst translator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

serious gaylord posted:

King is one of the best characters ever imo.
it's such a great loving bit and it's never gonna get old

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I don't think my opinion about a character has ever swerved as hard as it did with King. When he was introduced I thought he was garbage. I didn't know why the manga was wasting so much time on him. I hated his face. Now I love him. I love his face. King is awesome.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Maxwell Adams posted:

I don't think my opinion about a character has ever swerved as hard as it did with King. When he was introduced I thought he was garbage. I didn't know why the manga was wasting so much time on him. I hated his face. Now I love him. I love his face. King is awesome.

I only got on the King hype train for real after the diner chapter with all the assassins. That was gold. He’s invincible

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I keep forgetting The Homeless Emperor is a baddie and not a hero.

But then again he looks too normal for to be a S Class Hero (besides Tornado, Child Emperor, Mask, and Bat)

bees x1000 posted:

Which boy is best? Watchdog or robodog?

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 10, 2021

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Which boy is best? Watchdog or robodog?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

That is a really impressive Fubuki

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That gif is of Watchdog Man, not Fubuki. But yes, he is very impressive

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

They better do something with Watchdog Man in the story or I'm gonna be ticked

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

YggdrasilTM posted:

That is a really impressive Fubuki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY3Pe6tigrc

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hail to the K I N G

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
They've got King surrounded. That means they can't run away.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

They've got King surrounded. That means they can't run away.

A classic tactical blunder, I cannot wait to see how this goes.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Raw redraw of chapter 151

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496422589122

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Wow. That feels... uh, a lot different than before.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Wait, what? Is this a redraw where he only changed a few things? I don't remember literally any of this happening before.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

Wait, what? Is this a redraw where he only changed a few things? I don't remember literally any of this happening before.

Literally the entire fight is different now. There wasn't any lore to the initial one and Saitama stayed completely clothed in the first one. We also lost the shot of the train stopping before the freshly melted hole in the tunnel and Saitama running through it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

Literally the entire fight is different now. There wasn't any lore to the initial one and Saitama stayed completely clothed in the first one. We also lost the shot of the train stopping before the freshly melted hole in the tunnel and Saitama running through it.
Okay, good, I thought I had somehow missed an entire chapter. I'm so used to Murata just changing relatively minor details in these redraws.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh I am all in for this redraw. This is the good poo poo.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I have no idea what part of the story this was.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Schwarzwald posted:

I have no idea what part of the story this was.

Do you remember the completely forgettable Saitama / Orochi fight, where it wasn't very stupid and it took several punches before Orochi was defeated? It's been replaced with something way bigger and dumber, which is better.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mystic Mongol posted:

Do you remember the completely forgettable Saitama / Orochi fight, where it wasn't very stupid and it took several punches before Orochi was defeated? It's been replaced with something way bigger and dumber, which is better.

No, no, I do remember that. I just can't remember where/when that fight was located in the storyline.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't remember the exact timeline either but I'm pretty sure Saitama exploding Orochi was one of the first things that happened after the heroes entered the giant underground lair.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

That sure is different hopefully Viz puts that up cause it seems like there is a lot more going on there than the kinda confusing quick battle they had originally.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/tUE1KAa/1/1/

Haven't had time to check (on my phone) hope this is the correct link for the translation

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Notorious ZSB posted:

That sure is different hopefully Viz puts that up cause it seems like there is a lot more going on there than the kinda confusing quick battle they had originally.

How is Viz handling this? Have any of the reredraws shown up on their site?

Does One Punch Man have volume releases? How would that work?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This redraw is both weird, and dumb, but I like it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Murata just wanted to draw hot Saitama and I'm glad of it

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
lmao, just read it back and it looks like Oochi is the sacrifice instead of the god.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Not sure how I feel about this, Saitama is a little too goofy/zany here

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

bees x1000 posted:

Not sure how I feel about this, Saitama is a little too goofy/zany here

You sure were reading the same manga hoss

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I mean until Orochi attacks him he's just in his home making a noise complaint.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Man, I was ready to roll my eyes that we got a new lore chapter until I realized where this was going and man Orochi expositing all this bullshit about being a chosen one while Saitama takes a bath in magma culminating in Serious Squirt Gun is the hardest I’ve laughed at this series in a minute.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Huh. That was neat.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I've occasionally been iffy on the constant redraws but this was an improvement on every level. :hai:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
saitama was a little too playful, but that probably didn't have anything to do with orochi. he's never had a chance to bathe in lava before and wanted to see if he could.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
BTW we saw that altar before, it was a little cameo when Tatsumaki tatsumaki'd the entire Monster Association HQ.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The mural reveal was hype AF

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
only complaint I have about the redraw is they removed the death glare Saitama gives Rover just before he runs away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop