Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
And I thought I was impressive when I managed to kick a boat to death :(

Been messing around in the Daily Challenges just for the two achievements and I'm digging how you can build up some crazy combos in just a few minutes with the 'enhanced' mechanics and drops.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

iiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

:toot:

Only had a few left so figured, gently caress it, I'll do it. I'm still baffled it has to be 1,000 enemies 30m or more away, but you do kill a surprisingly large amount of enemies in a given run. Still could knock it down to 500 tbh.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I keep forgetting to ask, what's up with those Elite rooms where you're defending a cube? Is it just that if the box dies you don't get the chest at the end?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Takes No Damage posted:

I keep forgetting to ask, what's up with those Elite rooms where you're defending a cube? Is it just that if the box dies you don't get the chest at the end?

It's Game Over.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Evil Kit posted:

It's Game Over.

??? Pretty sure I've lost the box a few times and it just didn't unlock the blue chest, I still went through the portal to the next area. I could only find one clip online of someone failing that room and yeah it blew them up, maybe I just didn't notice and thought an enemy killed me.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I think there are some ways you can fail it and survive, like having one of the resurrection scrolls, but otherwise it's game over

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I think there are some ways you can fail it and survive, like having one of the resurrection scrolls, but otherwise it's game over

Must have been something like that, I just ran away before it exploded and thought it was OK...

In other news, today's patch:

GR Update Notes posted:

In this update, we have added several spiritual blessings and enhanced occult scrolls, and tweaked the difficulty of the boss [Abyssal Serpent]. Meanwhile, we’ve also improved the game experience when using controllers. The optimization of controllers is a long-term mission for us and we will spare no effort to further polish the controller way to play the game. Thank you for your support and feedback!
——Gunfire Studio, Duoyi

If you encounter issues such as game crashes, failure to start, etc., and you cannot use the feedback function, please send your Steam name with detailed description of the issue or screenshots to our email (qhstaff@2980.com). We will check and fix the issue as soon as possible.

Talents & Reincarnation:
Tweaked the effect of the talent [Golden Touch], players can now only recycle their own drops (weapons and scrolls)
The minimum time until death is decreased from 6s to 2s
Any soul essence spent will be refunded if a player abandons their adventure in [Longling Tomb-Entrance]
The accumulated stacks will be carried over when occult scrolls that can stack bonus are replaced with their respective enhanced version
For spiritual blessings that have their effects applied to all squad members such as [Royal Guard], if one of the teammates has purchased these spiritual blessings, other teammates will no longer be capable of buying them. Other [Spiritual Remnants] in later stages will no longer offer the same spiritual blessing(s).

New Spiritual Blessings:
Thorny Bloom (exclusive to Tao): Deal Skill DMG to the enemy when the mark of [Fatal Bloom] vanishes. (Skill DMG = Amount of additional DMG triggered within the mark duration * base [Fatal Bloom] DMG)
Supreme Craftsman:You can [reroll] all inscrptions of a weapon at the craftsman. Each craftsman can [reroll] up to 3 times
Copycat:After killing an enhanced monster, you obtain their enhanced effect, which lasts for some time. Different enhanced effects will apply at the same time
Ultimate Gambler:You can refresh all available ascensions once when interacting with a golden goblet
Overconsumption: +300% weapon and skill DMG. -5% weapon and skill DMG for every owned scroll (including cursed scroll); -20% weapon and skill DMG for every activated ascension. (DMG penalty won't exceed -300%)
Craftsman's Inheritor:You can upgrade/reforge/etch/reroll weapons for free, but you can only own up to 15 non-cursed scrolls

New Enhanced Occult Scrolls:
【Enhanced】 Brutal Gloves:+35% weapon DMG and skill DMG
【Enhanced】 Terminal Lucidity:Reset the cooldown of all skills when you lose 20% total HP (the sum of max HP and max Shield/Armor) or more in a single hit (CD: 2s)
【Enhanced】 Flesh and Bones:Converts all Shield/Armor to HP and recover 2% max HP every second. Increases HP recovery from this scroll by +2% for every 1% HP lost
【Enhanced】 Paranormality:Max Shield/Armor gets doubled
【Enhanced】 Deflection Shield:-90% DMG taken from enemies 15 meters away and +90% DMG taken from enemies within 15 meters when holding weapon #1. -90% DMG taken from enemies within 15 meters and +90% DMG taken from enemies 15 meters away when holding weapon #2
【Enhanced】 Lifesaver:HP is fixed at 1 for 5s when taking lethal DMG, then recovers 100% Max HP and 100% Max Shield/Armor. This occult scroll will be destroyed once the effect is triggered
【Enhanced】 On the House:Your first purchase at any Peddler does not cost any copper; A random item at the Spiritual Remnant & Phantom Peddler does not cost any soul essence
【Enhanced】 Bloody Ammo:You can hold Fire button to continue shooting even though the magazine of the automatic weapon is empty, but you will take 1 normal DMG from each shot you fire
【Enhanced】 Preemptive Strike:+60% weapon DMG for the first 30% ammo in the magazine, including the first shot
【Enhanced】 Improved Clip:Whenever an ammo pack is being picked up, the ammo is doubled and it directly goes into the magazine instead of your backpack. Increases your Movement Speed by 25% until reloading
【Enhanced】 Elemental Relic:+5% Elemental DMG & +5% Elemental Effect Chance for 10s whenever you kill an enemy affected by Elemental Effect.
【Enhanced】 Elemental Bestowment:Recover 1% Max HP, 1% Shield/Armor, and 10 ammo of the equipped weapon whenever you kill an enemy affected by Elemental Effect
【Enhanced】 Elemental Power:+25% Elemental DMG; When triggering Elemental Effect, it will also affect all nearby enemies within 5m of the target
【Enhanced】 Sanguine Relic:+3% Life Steal. +50% DMG taken when HP is full
【Enhanced】 Double Exhilaration:Secondary Skill Capacity gets doubled, and there's a 50% chance to not consume any use upon using secondary skill
【Enhanced】 Resolute:+50% Movement Speed and +50% DMG for at least 10s when your Shield/Armor is 0.

Monster:
Fixed an issue where the max HP of [YORUHIME-MARU] & [Abyssal Serpent] is capped at 21,474,836 in multiplayer reincarnation mode
[Abyssal Serpent] Balancing Changes:
Reduces skill delay of [Abyssal Serpent] in normal and elite difficulty
Increases the number of tongues summoned in one summoning by [Abyssal Serpent] and the upper limit of tongues alive at the same time
Increases skill cooldown of [Abyssal Serpent]’s tongue summoning
Increases accuracy and max distance of [tongue]’s ranged attack
When tongues drill out of the ground again, they will launch projectiles non-stop with rather high frequency
Decreases upper limit of [Abyssal Serpent]’s max HP in 3-player/4-player reincarnation mode
Adjusts DMG of [Nihilation Monk] and [Elite Monk]’s life-steal skill. Players will now take increasing DMG when they start to steal life, and take the most DMG after 1s.
Improves [Elite Spearman]’s AI. They will not only perform melee attack when players get close to them.
Optimizes [Abyssal Serpent]’s AI. [Abyssal Serpent] will now start to attack players 2s after the cutscene ends

Weapon:
Balancing Changes:
[Angelic Aura]
Removes both firing modes of 5-shots per burst and 8 shots per burst. The firing mode is now full-auto.
DMG:44→60
RoF:1600→2400
Reload Time:1.8s→1.5s
Max Attack Range:120m→70m
DMG Drop-off Distance:10m→7m
Magazine Capacity:40→28
Effect Chance:8%→5%
Reduces vertical recoil
Increases horizontal recoil
[Thunder Storm]
Increases flying speed of lightning balls summoned via weapon skill
Decreases the time it takes to launch a lightning ball (0.8s->0.5s)
Adjusted the effect of the exclusive inscription: The lightning ball will self-explode when it's near multiple enemies
[Golden Bow]
CritX will be increased when charging (up to +1.5x)
Decreases weapon max DMG(500->400)
Changed the weapon DMG increment while charging from fixed number to percentage
Optimized hit detection against bosses of melee weapons. Now all melee weapons can hit bosses

Controller:
Added controller vibration support for hero skills
Added several controller slider options including deadzone, outer threshold, turning boost, turning boost ramp time and turning boost ramp delay.
Added support for linear response curve
Optimized the slider range of turning speed
Optimized controller sensitivity formula
Optimized the increase/decrease speed of value when using a controller to adjust each slider option
Optimized vibration when firing with some weapons

UI:
You can now unready at the portals in [Longling Tomb-Entrance], [Anxi Desert-Entrance] and [Duo Fjord-Entrance]
Optimized the presentation of emoticons
The display of occult scrolls shown in backpack will be sorted by quality
You can now tag items in team information panel
Added 1440*900 resolution support
Added weapon skill icon variants for non-ADS weapon skills
Optimized the special effect of HP bar when [YORUHIME-MARU] is invincible
Added shortest clearance time record of reincarnation mode in player information panel
Weapon comparison panel can be closed by pressing weapon comparison key (Z by default)
Added descriptions of weapon comparison and item recycle in key mapping setting
Centered the position of weapon image shown in the weapon tab in backpack

Special Effect & Model:
Optimized special effects of recyclable items
Optimized special effects of lightning traps
Optimized [Abyssal Serpent]’s appearance cutscene
Optimized special effect of the lightning circle displayed on monsters with [Lightning] enhancement
Tweaked the size of [Nihilation Monk] in the logbook
Optimized death animation of [Golem], [Elite Kappa], [Elite Spearman], [Elite Monk] and [Corrupt Monk]
Fixed missing special effect of [Lightning Blast] and [Hell]
Removed the entry [Rogue Swordsman] in the logbook

Level:
Removed Guard Seal event in reincarnation mode
Added 2 new vaults in [Basement of Longling]
Added a new vault in [Desert Ruins]
Optimized Guard Seal event in [Anxi Desert-Stage 2]
Optimized 3 routes in [Longling Tomb-Stage 4]
Tweaked trap spawn locations in [Longling Tomb-Stage 2]
Optimized special effect of a blocking wall in [Duo Fjord-Stage 3]

Hero:
Lei Luo finds another patrimonial sniper rifle Strike Wing by accident.
(Players may now obtain Strike Wing from the talent Gifted Man)

Audio:
Added a space reverb toggle in audio setting
Added sound effect of lightning traps

BUG Fixes:
Fixed inconsistent background color for locked talent in the talent interface
Fixed abnormal [Tao]’s ascension counter color in golden goblet selection panel
Fixed abnormal special effect of [Qing Yan]’s ascension [Nova Release]
Fixed an issue where flying swords are unable to attack the tail of [ICHTHYOSAURUS OFFSPRING] when Tao activates the ascension [No Escape]
Fixed an issue where the special effects of [Lei Luo]'s [Fatal Current] and [Ao Bai]'s [Dual-Wield] may persist when entering the next stage during the effect
Fixed an issue where after [Dual-Wield] ends, using either weapon skill while putting away weapons may cause abnormal animation
Fixed an issue where [Ao Bai]’s [Explosive Grenades] would disappear when hitting stone monsters
Fixed an issue where [Crown Prince]’s [Smoke Grenade] is unable to hit the small cannons on [YORUHIME-MARU]
Fixed an issue where the HP recovery effect from the scroll [Airbag] may not work when players have a temporary max shield/armor bonus
Fixed an issue where near-death special effect may occur despite full shield/armor when players have the scroll [Airbag]
Fixed an issue where after carrying the scroll [Bullet Bank]. players may pick up ammo more than intended
Fixed an issue where the scroll [Improved Clip] may not work when reserve ammo is full
Fixed an issue where traps may consume stacks of [Phantom Skin] and [Lightless Shield] when players carry the scroll [Enhanced- Snow Boots]
Fixed an issue where in the daily challenge theme [Unpredictable Fortune], the bonus effect [Tiny Backpack] may be abnormal when players pick up the scroll [Effective Split] or [Mysterious Chest]
Fixed an issue where crit hits with [Double Caliber] may not trigger ammo recovery effect when carrying the scroll [Fish or Bear Paw]
Fixed an issue where the lightning ball, triggered by the inscription “80% chance to create a lightning ball to hit nearby enemies whenever you make a Crit Hit”, may attack portals
Fixed abnormal special effect occurred when the projectiles of [Bloody Drill] hit chests
Fixed abnormal Critx bonus applied due to the exclusive inscription of [Pupil] “Lucky Shot Chance +20%. When fully charged, +100% CritX.”
Fixed an issue where [Glimmering] and [Prism] are unable to break the portal cracks
Fixed abnormal projectile special effect of [Tiger Cannon]
Fixed an issue where [Thunder Storm] may display abnormal special effect under certain circumstances
Fixed abnormal rotation of some dropped weapon models
Fixed an issue where the color of the previous weapon's inscriptions may abnormally persist in the weapon information panel
Fixed an issue where the weapon info panel may disappear abnormally
Fixed an issue where special effects on teammates' firing weapons may not be seen after multiple weapon switches performed by the teammate
Fixed an issue where the monster enhancement prefix [Aggressive] may reduce attack frequency of some monsters
Fixed an issue where camera on death may be locked in an abnormal position after a player is killed by [Abyssal Serpent]
Fixed an issue where a knocked player may fall off the map by being bitten by [Abyssal Serpent]
Fixed an issue where after the invincibility phase ends, bosses’ exact HP may not match the HP shown on the bar
Fixed an issue where [YORUHIME-MARU] and [Abyssal Serpent] may attack players at the peddler
Fixed an issue where the skill animation of [Elite Spearman] may be missing
Fixed an issue where the golden goblet, dropped from [Elite Beetle] in [Basement of Longling] may sink into the ground
Fixed an issue where spike traps may be invisible in a stone monster level of [Basement of Longling]
Fixed an issue where reconnecting may cause knock-down counter to be reset

e:
Bolded some stuff that sound pretty great.

e2:
Turns out 'Tweaked the effect of the talent [Golden Touch], players can now only recycle their own drops (weapons and scrolls)' means putting a giant rotating coin around every drop you can recycle. Maybe useful in multi but kind of distracting in single player...

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 30, 2021

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Gearing for steam deck I see.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

That sounds like a good update. I have to get better to reach the Reincarnation difficulty.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 30, 2021

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Reincarnation mode is honestly the most fun I've had with the game at levels 1 and 2, level 3+ is where is starts to approach unfun territory with how much health and damage enemies start to have. Enhanced Scrolls and Spiritual Blessings are both super fun and interesting mechanics and finally give you a way to just dump all the metaprog currency you no longer need after maxing out the talent tree.

That said, some of those Enhanced Scrolls range from "only slightly better" to "why even bother". Looking at you Enhanced Bloody Ammo. Enhanced Paranormality though is :eyepop: double shield/armor and no downside? Yes please!

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

So I think I like new Angelic Aura. (Just took it out on Normal with rabbit, it's a plain good-feeling gun. Rework helped it a lot.)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally got an Elite run with dog, all it took was 3x dash + -50% dash cooldown + reload on dash + regen 15% shield on dash. After that it was easy :downsgun:

Oh and getting two guns with complimentary elements, one fully auto so I can just hold down shift during Dual Wield to fire forever while fishing for lightning shotgun headshots with LMB. But yeah after that no problems at all.

(I just picked up that Firescale right before the final boss, the one I had before that would have been the other 45% damage this run.)

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I've been trying to get better with the bird but not having much luck. I think I get too aggressive and end up too close to everyone. I like him better than the dog, though the dog's survivability makes it easy to get further in a run with. I should probably do some more dog runs and learn to use the dual wield.

I think my favorite is still the first cat with the orb that chains enemies.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Bird is loving amazin' but of all the heros is probably the one who requires all his Hero specific talents the most. The extra damage and slight armor regen from shooting really help him out. He's def the best tank by far and the only hero that can eventually drop using guns altogether with a certain build.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like to split the difference and get one sword and one shotgun for bird if I can. Like now, when I just cleared Elite with him for the first time :hellyeah:

I just kept stacking up shotgun/multi-hit based damage perks and eventually melted the last boss, didn't even have to empty a clip into BoatBoss for each phase :getin:

Though I could do with the game not dropping currency outside of the arena where I can't get it :argh:

A Strange Aeon posted:

I've been trying to get better with the bird but not having much luck. I think I get too aggressive and end up too close to everyone.

That's how he's meant to be played, but protip: start out ignoring all the damage skills and focus entirely on armor regen. Armor regen on kick, armor regen on wing hit, all of it. Eventually you'll be able to just strafe around in a mass of enemies shooting them in the face and every few seconds slap them with your wings or kick them and you'll be almost invincible. DPS doesn't matter when you can't die :v:

e:
And Elite cat down, from what started out as a thoroughly unremarkable run. If you an stack crits enough the lizard shooter can do pretty good headshot damage even lategame:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 12, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

The 1.0 version is still under development and is expected to be released sometime between late October to November. Thank you all for your patience and support!

--- Gunfire Studio, Duoyi

Spiritual Blessings & Occult Scrolls:
New Spiritual Blessings:
[Eye of Providence]: Vaults and golden treasure chests are visible on the minimap.
[Occult Booster]: There is a 50% chance for scrolls dropped by enemies to become [Enhanced].
Spiritual Blessing Adjustments:
Adjusted the effect of [Unstoppable Momentum] (Qing Yan): +100% base DMG for the next leap when you hit an enemy with a leap (up to 5 stacks). Removes all stacks on a miss.
Adjusted the effect of [Weapon Genius] (Ao Bai): When dual-wielding, +30% RoF and 30% chance not to consume ammo when both weapons are the same type, otherwise +50% Lucky Shot Chance.
While holding [Craftsman's Inheritor], if a player still picks up occult scrolls after meeting the upper limit he can carry, a random discardable occult scroll will then be dropped. This discard will not be considered as sharing.
New Enhanced Occult Scrolls:
[Enhanced] Elemental Weave: Elemental DMG will always cause an Elemental Effect for 6s after swapping weapons.
[Enhanced] Fountain of Life: Recovers 1 HP whenever you pick up copper or ammo. Increases max HP by 1 for 10s.
[Enhanced] Flowing Wind: While moving, the faster you move, the less DMG you take (up to -20% DMG taken) and the higher you deal (up to +50% weapon and skill DMG).
[Enhanced] Persistent: -0.8% DMG taken for every 1% total HP (Max HP and Max Shield/Armor) missing.
[Enhanced] Arms Dealer: -20% DMG taken and +30% weapon and skill DMG for 3s whenever you consume 10 ammo.
[Enhanced] Lightless Shield: Gain 3 stacks of Lightless Shield every 30s. Each stack prevents an attack and is consumed afterward, granting +75% weapon and skill DMG for 3s. You can only have up to 3 stacks at any given time.
[Enhanced] Phantom Skin: Gain 1 stack of Phantom Skin every 10s. 1 stack is consumed whenever you take DMG, restoring 50% Shield/Armor and granting +30% movement speed for 3s. You can only have up to 3 stacks at any given time.
[Enhanced] Magic Watch: There's a 33% chance to reset the cooldown when you use Primary Skill or Dash, and a 15% chance to reset the primary skill's cooldown upon using a Secondary Skill.
[Enhanced] Magnetic Coil: Every 6s release an electromagnetic pulse that inflicts the Shock Effect for 6s on all enemy it passes through.
[Enhanced] Abnormal Speed: +5% Movement Speed for every 10% total HP (Max HP + Max Shield/Armor) you currently have.
[Enhanced] Coin Shot: Consumes 2 copper with +60% weapon DMG on each hit. (Can't be triggered when you don't have any copper.) Killing an enemy in 5 hits refunds all copper spent on the enemy. If you trigger a crit hit, lucky shot, or elemental effect on hit, you will be refunded with the copper you spent on that hit.
[Enhanced] Mid-Air Strike: +50% Weapon and skill DMG and -90% DMG taken while in mid-air.
[Enhanced] Casual Gunsmanship: +20% Lucky Shot Chance, and there is still a 20% chance to inflict a crit hit if you don't hit weak spots.
[Enhanced] Elemental Torment: +20% Lucky Shot Chance against enemies under an elemental effect; There's a 20% chance to apply an elemental effect when hitting an enemy not affected by any elemental effect.
[Enhanced] Brief Respite: Gain immunity to all DMG for 0.5s after swapping weapons.
[Enhanced] Speedy Pursuit: +50% Lucky Shot Chance for 2s after dashing; -1s Dash cooldown after inflicting a lucky shot.
[Enhanced] Berserk Soul: +1% Lucky Shot Chance for every 1% total HP (Max HP + Max Shield/Armor) missing.
[Enhanced] Merciless Strike: +50% Lucky Shot Chance on a crit hit; +0.5x CritX on a lucky shot.
[Enhanced] Reinforced Eggshell: -30% DMG taken when your Shield/Armor is not 0.
[Enhanced] Blazing Hoop: Every 6s releases a flame pulse that deals 200 Fire DMG and inflicts the Burning Effect for 3s on all enemies it passes through.
[Enhanced] Realm of Corrosion: Every 6s releases a corrosive pulse that inflicts the Decay Effect for 5s on all enemies it passes through.
Occult scrolls that obtain effects after a certain time interval will start counting time after being picked up, for example [Magnetic Coil] and [Lightless Shield].
Optimized the description of [Deadly Curse]: +75% weapon and skill DMG; -75% Max HP.

Weapons:
Optimized [Shrieker]:
Description Change: "Charge up a shot that causes a small-area explosion after hitting enemies and generates a larger-area explosion when hitting a barrier." -> "Guarantees critical explosion DMG after hitting a weak spot. Hitting a barrier causes a massive explosion."
CritX: 1.5x -> 2.0x
Reduced vertical recoil and slightly accelerated recovery speed
Decreased attack interval and optimized burst experience (RoF 145 -> 175)
Exclusive Inscription Adjustments:
①Removed an exclusive inscription on [Shrieker] : “Charge Time -50%, Reload Speed +50%.”
②New exclusive inscription on [Shrieker]: "Piercing +1. Guarantees critical explosion DMG after piercing a weak spot."
③New exclusive inscription on [Shrieker]: "For every enemy hit, +25% DMG Dealt (up to +100%) to current attack."
Optimized the firing animation and camera shake of [Rainbow]
Optimized the reload animation of [Lightning Blast]
Optimized [Sting]'s recoil in two-shot mode. It’s now 60% the recoil in three-shot mode.
Optimized the mechanic of [Talisman]. Regular fire and the weapon skill can now home in on unopened vaults’ cracks.

Inscription Adjustment:
[Frenzied Shark]’s exclusive inscription: "+50% DMG for every bounce the projectile made. (Max+100% DMG)." -> "+50% DMG Dealt for every bounce the projectile made. (Max+100% DMG)."
Inscription Description Change:
[Bloody Drill]’s exclusive inscription: "Hits on a bleeding enemy deal +50% damage " -> "Hits on a bleeding enemy gain +50% DMG Dealt."
[Dual Fang]’s exclusive inscription: "During shooting, +40% elemental effect chance for each second (up to 400%), reset when the charge clears" -> "When the charge is full, +40% elemental effect chance every second. (Up to +400%, resets when the charge resets)"
Optimized pickup range of some weapons.
Simplified descriptions of some weapons and inscriptions
Optimized gunfight experience with [Cavalry], [Rainbow Arch], [Lightning Blast] and [Crimson Firescale]
Optimized the special effect of [Laser Gloves] when the beam hits trees and boards
New Weapon Enhancement:
[Elemental] : Increases elemental effect chance of an elemental weapon by 60% - 80%

Hero:
Adjusted the mechanism of Lei Luo’s ascension 【Magical Supply】: After players trigger 【Magical Supply】 and recast 【Fatal Current】, projectiles that have already launched (e.g., additional arrows from 【Strike Wing】) won’t trigger 【Thunderstrike】 again. Only shots that fire after 【Fatal Current】 is recast can trigger 【Thunderstrike】.

Controller:
"Dynamic" is added into the setting of Response Curve:
Dynamic: Reverse S-curve mapping for more accurate aim rate control.
Optimized aim assist: It will no longer interfere with the vertical direction of the crosshair.
Optimized recycle process when using a controller: Players will no longer have to switch to [Foundry] before recycling an item.
Optimized controller vibration with some weapons.

UI:
The info of enhanced occult scrolls can be inspected in the logbook.
Added crosshair color customization in gameplay setting.
Optimized near-death special effect.
Optimized main menu to solve the issue of certain UI elements clipping out of the screen in some resolutions.
Optimized icons of some effects.

Levels:
Monsters in [Duo Fjord - Stage 2] will no longer run out of the map.
Adjusted the combat difficulty in [Longling Tomb - Stage 3].
Adjusted the difficulty of a route in [Basement of Longling].
Adjusted the difficulty of boulder challenges in [Basement of Longling] and [Desert Ruins].
Adjusted spawn parameter of [Elite Spearman]. This monster will no longer show up in tiny rooms.

Monster:
Reduced the life-steal skill range of [Nihilation Monk] and [Elite Monk]

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Game's getting a "moderate" price increase and going to start costing $79.99 CAD before tax sometime mid-October, with v1.0 dropping sometime mid-November. So better get your gift buys in while you can. Oh and some other things.

Update Notes - 9/25/2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Im_Special posted:

Game's getting a "moderate" price increase and going to start costing $79.99 CAD before tax sometime mid-October, with v1.0 dropping sometime mid-November. So better get your gift buys in while you can. Oh and some other things.

Update Notes - 9/25/2021

Still worth it! :P

I will put a post in the roguelike thread, to warn people.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Where did you see the new price? I just see that there's an increase coming in the notes.

$12 is far too cheap for this game, so a price increase before 1.0 is definitely warranted. But if the developers decide to go with AAA game pricing, I don't think it will go well for them.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Where did you see the new price? I just see that there's an increase coming in the notes.

He was joking, of course.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

It sounds like they're increasing the base to the full release price early, and then will be putting it on sale for the 1.0 out of early access release.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

After the recent patch I can safely say that Nade Dog is now extremely viable, but only if you play on the Reincarnation difficulty. That makes two characters that could entirely eskew guns to win a game, though I feel Nade Dog is a bit more reliant on having two specific ascensions to really shine. You really need Double Grenade toss and at least
one level in the ascension that boosts base grenade damage AND gives you a chance to not consume a grenade when throwing it to totally eskew using guns.

Who knew that changing a blessing from "throw all your remaining grenade stockpile at once" to "throw all your remaining grenade stockpile at once, also it doesn't cost you your remaining grenades and each grenade explosion that hits enhances your grenade damage" was going to make a build not only viable but extremely busted? Finally beat Reincarnation 5 using Nade Dog and my only regret was never seeing Double Exhilaration drop so I could throw 32 grenades at once instead of just a measly 16.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
I haven't played in a good while and only just skimmed the latest patch notes, but :drat: those are a lot of straight, and :awesome: buffs to a lot of things, basically all things, like no nerfs... They sure are bringing the difficulty down for Reincarnation mode with those (wish I waited!), maybe it's all in prep for the final act coming. I image by then we're going to be seeing some nutty damage numbers from scaling.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Well, the real news is in this link
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1217060/view/3003329868988004243

They mention having six heroes and 48 weapons in the final 1.0 version. I counted 46 weapons on the wiki, right now, so that means two new weapons apart from the new region and new hero.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 13, 2021

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Anyone have any tips for making it past nightmare more consistently?

I have a decent grasp on most heroes but most success with Tao, especially the bloom based builds. I can't get bird to work for me at all but he's supposedly real tanky? FWIW I have maxed the hero talents but not all of the generic talents

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Fishstick posted:

Anyone have any tips for making it past nightmare more consistently?

I have a decent grasp on most heroes but most success with Tao, especially the bloom based builds. I can't get bird to work for me at all but he's supposedly real tanky? FWIW I have maxed the hero talents but not all of the generic talents

The key to survivability with the bird is to take the Ascensions that restore armor on melee attacks and leaps. When you get low on armor, you just punch something or leap at them. The leap also works on barrels -- even if you don't hit an enemy, you still restore armor.0

You'll also want Ascensions that increase primary/secondary charges and/or reduce cooldown times.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

If you have a chance list which generic talents you haven't gotten yet, some can help a lot more than you'd expect.

Generally for Nightmare you need to identify both a strong ascension build based on your character, the kinds of weapons they prefer based on that build, and knowing when you need to prioritize offensive occult scrolls, defensive occult scrolls or ammo/movement occult scrolls. Understanding what weapon inscriptions are both good and synergize massively with each other also helps, though really it mostly boils down to "did the weapon you want roll an exclusive inscription?".

For Tao specifically I prioritize specific ascensions: Sword Enthusiast, Warlike Blade, Sword Guard(most important), Luminous Heart, Sword Shadow, Cursed Mark. Sword Guard is the most important by far because it can make you almost literally unkillable and vastly improves your survival rate. Sword Enthusiast and Warlike Blade are your DPS improving ascensions, with Luminous Heart and Sword Shadow being there to make Sword Enthusiast and Sword Guard snowball out of control.
Cursed Mark is just straight up good and along the lines of old Hex Smoke in terms of crippling enemies from hurting you as well as making them easier targets.

I typically look for large magazine, high firerate weapons as restacking your primary ability Swords Out after casting it is one of the most important parts of Tao's gameplay. I personally enjoy using one of: Big Hippo, Scalpel (it fires hella fast and the multishot means you can stack passive twice as fast despite the lacking mag size), and Fire Dragon. My secondary weapon is usually one of the melee weapons for the extra movement speed and traveling.

In terms of occult scrolls, this is one of those parts where you kind of just need to learn yourself what scrolls are good and what aren't, but for Tao specifically... if you find Against The Flow? TAKE IT. Tao is the only hero I will take that scroll with and it is 100% necessary every time, the bunny is very ammo hungry and with her +mag size talent and one of the huge mag size weapons you can easily never worry about ammo again, especially with Warlike Blade ascension levels.

If you'd like me to focus on more specific stuff feel free to ask, this post is getting a bit long and I don't want to get too wall of text.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Double posting because Bird is worth it: the only build worth doing as Bird is the Cleave build. :bird: :black101:

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Evil Kit posted:

Double posting because Bird is worth it: the only build worth doing as Bird is the Cleave build. :bird: :black101:

Agreed, but it doesn't really shine unless you can find the Easy Kill ascension early in a run.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

WhiteHowler posted:

Agreed, but it doesn't really shine unless you can find the Easy Kill ascension early in a run.

I disagree a bit, I've done a cleave build where I picked up Easy Kill in the desert and still done just fine. The only real thing it needs is some kind of sustainability (Max Cleave, one of a couple of occult scrolls) and Fierce Wings, the +base dmg% ascension so you can actually keep killing things. If you don't get Easy Kill at all you can't actually kill bosses with it of course, and will probably need to use your guns too.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

If you have a chance list which generic talents you haven't gotten yet, some can help a lot more than you'd expect.

I usually duo with a buddy so I went in early on some of the rez/defensive talents

Got real lucky yesterday with a Tiger Cannon and a bunch of "+dmg when low ammo in mag" ascensions/scrolls to top with Dog's explosion buffs, a lot of fun oneshotting enemies with a thrown Concealed Ammo, Borderlands style

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Been a bit busy lately, sorry for the delayed response. That's less filled out than I expected, I'm pretty sure the devs expect you to have nearly completed or totally completed your talent tree to beat Nightmare reliably. Hell, a huge invisible power is just finishing upgrading your merchant so you can refresh the shop once per merchant, gives you a double the chances to get more occult scrolls or a good weapon from each merchant you visit.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

We've since made it to the end of reincarnation I, but not having those talents filled out really does start to hurt by that point :v:. What are the big wins to get?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fishstick posted:

We've since made it to the end of reincarnation I, but not having those talents filled out really does start to hurt by that point :v:. What are the big wins to get?

Grats! Ironically I think Reincarnation is way easier of a difficulty set because of the Spiritual Blessings and Enhanced Occult Scrolls, but those are more for if you max out your talents and have metacurrency to spare.

In order of most important talents to grab: Unexpected Luck (+% lucky shot chance), Dazzling Treasures > New Look for more merchant inventory as well as getting to reroll inventory once per merchant, then Life Guardian > Emergency Protocol.

And since you're already level 90+ you can just put a single point into Dazzling Treasures to get to New Look faster, same for Life Guardian to Emergency Protocol. I think EP is a better defensive measure as the things that will genuinely 1 shot you from 80% are few and far between.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

double postin' to say

I finally did it.

Solo cleared Reincarnation 7 finally with Bunny. While the early levels of Reincarnation are pretty much a cake walk because of how broken some of the Spiritual Blessings can be, Reincarnation 4+ really starts to bare its teeth. It's hard to notice at first but by level 5 it's obvious that on top of the extra HP and damage enemies deal, they also move faster. At level 7 it was significant enough to be noticeable despite not having played the game for a while.

I tried to clear it with Bird a number of tries using a slap build but kept getting slapped myself. Of course I only saw Easy Kill once, it was on a good run that promptly ate poo poo to Golem boss because I brought in the wrong weapons to the fight. Bunny ended up being the winner (despite a few rough starts) because of the sheer DPS her Spiritual Blessings can provide early on, I rocked the % Current HP true damage on sword hit and it carried me through the early game. That combined with getting Spirit Feline, Triple Comeback and Enhanced Gold Medal as my first Enhanced scroll I was almost literally unkillable along with a couple of levels of Sword Guard. Literally only lost one Triple Comeback revive to a double Nilitation Monk because both life drain dots ticking killed me real quick through Spirit Feline's protection.

The winning weapon combo to carry me at the end was that Fire Dragon I picked up from the Desert boss which had two Exclusive inscriptions on it right off the bat, and giving it a new etch at a weaponsmith gave it a third exclusive inscription. Then scrounged up enough money to find both a corrosion weapon with "Shares Elemental Type" gemini inscription and reforge the Fire Dragon to also have it and I started to go from quickly grinding things down to things I look at keel over dead instantly. The Enhanced Shock Coil scroll also helped, a pulse every 6 seconds that causes a 6 second shock status effect? Don't mind if I just explode, blight and manipulate everything I come across.

I'm still honestly in awe how poo poo just came together to help me win that.

If anyone is interested, I did record the final boss fight and can post it.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 21, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

In my effort of finding a similar game to Gunfire Reborn, I have been playing Ziggurat 2, but yeah, still nothing that compares favorably against GR. And I actually went for it *trying* to like it.

-The weapons are fantasy themed, and it happens the same that happens with almost every fantasy FPS since the beginnings of the genre (Heretic onwards), where firing a magic wand that does 'psh psh psh' feels less good than firing a badass smg. Same with the magical books, staffs, etc. Even when you have a magical spells that seems like broadly based on the idea of a shotgun, with a wide fire pattern, it still doesn't feel as good as a good shotgun.
-Even if we were to forget that issue, in general, weapons are less animated and sound less good. They aren't terrible, but they are a bit mediocre.
-They also offer less what I feel is weapon variety, with all of them being pretty similar as they all fit inside 4 niches: starting wands (that you will forget once you have two normal weapons), staffs, books, and alchemy (crossbows, Blunderbuss, cannons). So all staffs feel similar, except the elemental type changes and some small gameplay difference (short burst vs long burst, auto, projectiles fired in a cross pattern, etc).
-Nor they change as as much as in GR with random properties or upgrades. And forget anything fancy like elemental combos or gemini inscriptions.
-Gameplay wise, not having weapon reloads nor grenades nor melee hurts the depth.
-It has 11 heroes, but again, less depth in in GR, stats wise they only vary in health and ammo capacity, not in movement/shields. They only have one usable ability and the rest are small passive effects. They of course, don't have the ascensions of GR that make each run more unique. IMO they should have halved the number of heroes and made them even more different.
-The metaprogression is terrible, it's the standard straight, small and boring ugprades: "+5 hp", "+5% gold", "+2% exp" , "+4% ammo", "+2% dmg". etc
-Perks are also less interesting that scrolls. They have a good numbers of them!, and they aren't bad, but they are... standard in the genre. Should i take "Minions move 5% slower" , "Champion enemies have -10% health" ," -5% Fire Rate. +12% Damage", "Armor: -10% Basic damage received" , "Increases Damage dealt by Alchemy weapons by 15%. Decreases damage for other weapon categories by 5%", "You earn some Mana when picking up Coins" or "Increases Fire Rate while stationary by 20%" ? (All taken from the wiki) Whatever.
-Enemy variety seems good seeing the number in the encyclopedia. But each one has two or even three reskinned versions, so the real variety is notably smaller. Even worse, 80% aren't very interesting, you have three 'melee rushers', that makes you run backwards while firing, and you have lots and lots of projectile throwers. Only a few do something extra, like exploding upon death, or firing with a beam instead of a projectile, or having a shield, or being able to side strafe sometimes. Heck, I think I have spoiled most already.
-Something I noticed in my last games is that lots of enemies are just... boring to fight. In reality, with a few exceptions, lots of them move very slowly, so the moment to moment gameplay is similar to firing immobile turrets. If they hit you sometimes is because they know to aim to where you will be, not to your current position, apart from spawning all around (and behind you).
-Another contributing factor is the enemy encounter design (if design is the word...). Lots of times they just throw a bunch of enemies of two types and that's it.
-Environments are all different themes applied to the same procedural dungeon, it doesn't get to break the pace like GR with small pieces of open world in beaches or in a desert.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 30, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

See you in Nov 18th (1.0 release)

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Have there been any hints at what the campaign mode will be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

No idea.