Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Usually RWM does better when Republicans aren't in power so this seems like its significant, or are their viewers just going back to Fox for their 1440 minute hate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

DIE CROWDER DIE

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Usually RWM does better when Republicans aren't in power so this seems like its significant, or are their viewers just going back to Fox for their 1440 minute hate?

They're just going back to Fox. The article is about how they had a brief upsurge in popularity when Fox kinda-sorta acknowledged that Biden was technically the president-elect, but it's all been downhill ever since their predictions that Trump would stay in the White House were proven wrong.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

DIE CROWDER DIE

Stealing another goons joke "lung chowder with Crowder"

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mercury_Storm posted:

Given the tone of RWM they're probably all dropping dead of COVID.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Stealing another goons joke "lung chowder with Crowder"

Crowder doesn't have a rib to stand on.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Despite all his rage, Crowder's still going to lose his ribcage.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Angry_Ed posted:

Despite all his rage, Crowder's still going to lose his ribcage.

He's going to look like the virgin Chad comic unable to lift his head over his waist.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Also, what little I've seen of Newsmax has incredibly lovely production values and just looks...cheap. I mean, so does FOX, but at least most of the eagles and flags they swoosh around Cobert Report style are reasonably well done.

I have a hard time believing it's due to their content just hitting rock bottom in terms of journalistic integrity or anything like that.

Since there is no bottom.

It's hard for me to sit here and think that a large enough percentage of CHUDS just up and decided "Yeah, this is trash" but I guess it's possible.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i mean this is the logical brain drain outcome when you only self select for loyal regressive tools from a Bible U to Regressive org pipeline.

gently caress them.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Also it's a dying business model regardless. There are only so many Boomers. I don't believe, and I know I've said as much, that Conservatism will be killed or even crippled when the Boomers are finally done plaguing the world, because there are plenty of Nazis my age and younger, but the younger Nazis don't get their news from the TV. If they even bother with a source of news at all, it's likely some sort of podcast or youtube thing like Infowars or Shapiro, and I imagine a lot of them don't even bother with that and just get told what to think and who to hate by their visits to 4chan and Reddit.

Newsmax and Fox are flashes in the pan and maybe people like Shapiro and Jones will continue to thrive on Youtube, podcasting, and Bitchute, but frankly I think even that's only got so much of a lifespan because as we've seen over the last few decades, Conservatism selects for more and more radical and extreme positions over time and that includes stupidity. I think soon we'll have Conservatives who simply lack the attention span or intellectual rigor - for want of a better word - to engage with any sort of 'news' show and simply want to be told in mocking cruel terms who to hate and 'why.'

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Clay Travis posted:

When you know you’re bringing a lawsuit that is bound to lose, it’s really a show-and-sham lawsuit, and he has to know that and he has to recognize it.

It's bold of them to admit that Trump's lawsuit against social media is a show and sham lawsuit.

I'm kidding of course, they're actually talking about the DOJ suit against Georgia for their voter suppression.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
I kinda feel bad for Crowder - someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the typical lifespan for his condition is 47? years. Imagine knowing your life is effectively cut in half and deciding to spend it being a complete shithead.

Of course I don't feel bad enough to say that I hope his lungs go and take the rest of him with them, and that I hope more RWM cool boys take up cigars after Rush and now Crowder get owned by them.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He scrambled a friend’s brains, so gently caress him I hope he dies in a lot of pain.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

SetSliRol posted:

I kinda feel bad for Crowder - someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the typical lifespan for his condition is 47? years. Imagine knowing your life is effectively cut in half and deciding to spend it being a complete shithead.

Of course I don't feel bad enough to say that I hope his lungs go and take the rest of him with them, and that I hope more RWM cool boys take up cigars after Rush and now Crowder get owned by them.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SetSliRol posted:

I feel sorry for all the people he's hurt directly or indirectly with his words and actions like Casimir Radon's friend but Steven Crowder himself to can gently caress off into the sun. I have no sympathy for the plights of those who have willfully chosen to make others' lives miserable.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

I laughed. Solid effort.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

i've had partners with EDS

among its many unforgivable crimes as a hell disease is that it sucks so much i can't even feel easy mirth at crowder having it

crowder still fortunately has plenty of time to hopefully die of something much more schadenfreudy like getting fatally injured in a prank to own the libs for his channel

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Would Crowder feel sorry if, say, AOC or Bernie Sanders was diagnosed with this ailment and suffering greatly from it?

Ponder this before you decide if he’s worthy of your compassion. I know where I stand and I know I’m completely comfortable with it.

Like, to be clear: Crowder would monetize the suffering of others in a heart beat. We know this.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I refuse to watch the Olympics out of disgust with the IOC in general and the Japanese government's willingness to throw their entire population into a meat grinder for those sweet sweet attention marbles, but I happened to see the medal table on the Grauniad today, and the US was third. Third! After two Asian countries, to boot!

Now the medal table is always ordered by number of golds, then number of silvers, then number of bronzes. I thought gosh, how's old Fox News doing with this affront to US supremacy? I fired up incognito mode, held my breath, and took a look at the header of their medal page:

"Team USA remains by far the all-time leader in medal records, totaling 2,827 medals, including the most in gold, silver and bronze"

Ahahahahaha cry some more delicious tears, you whiny, tiny-dicked little losers

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Weatherman posted:

"Team USA remains by far the all-time leader in medal records, totaling 2,827 medals, including the most in gold, silver and bronze"

I'm surprised to hear they're not going with "It's all Joe Biden's fault and the liberal elite who like to cancel culture and do critical race theory thus weakening America's stance in the world if Trump were still making America Great Again we'd be sweeping the Olympics and winning all the medals is Joe Biden destroying the Olympics? Yes he is because we're just asking questions it's those Democrats...we ask you decide no doubt it's all the fault of liberals why we suck at the Olympics now!" hot takes. :cry:

Or are they leaving that up to the YouTubers and the AM radio guys?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I do not feel bad when bad people suffer.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

He should look on the bright side: his last couple of tweets brought a lot of people joy.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

BigglesSWE posted:

Would Crowder feel sorry if, say, AOC or Bernie Sanders was diagnosed with this ailment and suffering greatly from it?

Ponder this before you decide if he’s worthy of your compassion. I know where I stand and I know I’m completely comfortable with it.

Like, to be clear: Crowder would monetize the suffering of others in a heart beat. We know this.

Exactly. Look at Simone Biles as an example. She's doing what's best for her health and she's being called "weak" by conservatives who can't wear a cloth mask because "my breathing".

gently caress a fascist and they're feelings.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Exactly. Look at Simone Biles as an example. She's doing what's best for her health and she's being called "weak" by conservatives who can't wear a cloth mask because "my breathing".

gently caress a fascist and they're feelings.

Especially since Fash don't care about your feelings :v:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Especially since Fash don't care about your feelings :v:

And I don't care about their feelings, either. :v:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Groovelord Neato posted:

I do not feel bad when bad people suffer.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

And I don't care about their feelings, either. :v:

I was attempting a play on words I guess it didn't work oh well.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Yeah like if could snap my fingers and give every fascist ghoul EDS I’d do it. It’s a terrible disease, but these are terrible people that actually want to hurt me and the people I love and anything that impedes their quest to turn America into a white fascist ethnostate works for me.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Human compassion and sympathy are finite. Nobody has a bottomless well of compassion.

Therefore, the opportunity cost of providing any kind of sympathy or compassion towards Steven Crowder, is the missed opportunity to provide sympathy or compassion towards someone actually deserving.

Ergo, you are robbing a decent person somewhere on the planet of whatever the value of your sympathy and compassion total up to be.

Thus, anyone providing sympathy or compassion towards Steven Crowder is a bad person.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
there’s just so much undeserved misery in the world, I just can’t spare any tears for the suffering of people who are actively trying to make it a worse place.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It is so funny to know that conservatives think fox news is a liberal establishment because they want a north Korean style broadcasting network to tell them they are good little rubes

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It is so funny to know that conservatives think fox news is a liberal establishment because they want a north Korean style broadcasting network to tell them they are good little rubes

They probably don't. It's just a symptom of the never ending doubling down they like to do and how that leads to them chewing up and spitting out their "stars". When was the last time you heard of anyone on Newsmax, FOX or anywhere else seeking the opinion(s) of Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter or Glen Beck? Or half the people in my OP? Nobody looks to Paul Ryan as an economics wizard now. Rush Limbaugh is dead and nobody talks about him anymore. Herman Cain is also dead. Rudy is a disgrace. Romney and the Cheney's are persona non grata. W is never mentioned.

I guess this happens on the left too but we're simply not as rabid most of the time so as they come and go it doesn't resonate nearly as much. Michael Moore, Obermann, Maddow, Franken, Maher...you don't hear much from them anymore either so I dunno. Maybe it's the systematic nature of media as entertainment that's constantly in need of new faces and, in the right's case, constantly raising the bar of saying outrageous poo poo to garner attention.

Actually, no "maybe" about it but with RWM, the contrasting levels of devotion and memory holing dismissal seem more extreme to me. Eventually we'll have to hit the wall of diminishing returns with this poo poo, I feel, but maybe not. The American public is incredibly dumb, ignorant, heavily armed, mad, broke and increasingly rather easily distracted. Curious to see if Trump turns out to be the exception as far as sticking around goes because I think he will. Not sure what makes him so special for his sycophants beyond actually winning the WH over Hillary but he's probably the dumbest out of a really dumb bunch and still has a scarily solid base to work with.

They LOVE that NY elitist rich draft dodging motherfucker and if he runs again and wins in 2024 (which is very possible), we'll be right back to square one again.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 31, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

BiggerBoat posted:

When was the last time you heard of anyone on Newsmax, FOX or anywhere else seeking the opinion(s) of Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter or Glen Beck?

Hannity has O'Reilly on his radio show somewhat frequently actually, though I suppose not on his TV show.

quote:

NY elitist rich draft dodging motherfucker

Even though he only got out of it for being rich I'm still completely fine with him dodging the draft, like I'm not going to be upset he didn't go kill Vietnamese soldiers. It makes him lovely for attacking people who didn't dodge the draft or military people in general, but to me that's a completely separate issue.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I get why dodging Vietnam is objectively good, but my dad volunteered for Vietnam to get citizenship faster and eventually shot himself from the PTSD. I cannot hand it to Donald and his bone spurs, no matter how bullshit and awful the war was. Send the fat gently caress to the kids of the Viet Cong now for all I care.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

They probably don't. It's just a symptom of the never ending doubling down they like to do and how that leads to them chewing up and spitting out their "stars". When was the last time you heard of anyone on Newsmax, FOX or anywhere else seeking the opinion(s) of Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter or Glen Beck? Or half the people in my OP? Nobody looks to Paul Ryan as an economics wizard now. Rush Limbaugh is dead and nobody talks about him anymore. Herman Cain is also dead. Rudy is a disgrace. Romney and the Cheney's are persona non grata. W is never mentioned.

I guess this happens on the left too but we're simply not as rabid most of the time so as they come and go it doesn't resonate nearly as much. Michael Moore, Obermann, Maddow, Franken, Maher...you don't hear much from them anymore either so I dunno. Maybe it's the systematic nature of media as entertainment that's constantly in need of new faces and, in the right's case, constantly raising the bar of saying outrageous poo poo to garner attention.

Actually, no "maybe" about it but with RWM, the contrasting levels of devotion and memory holing dismissal seem more extreme to me. Eventually we'll have to hit the wall of diminishing returns with this poo poo, I feel, but maybe not. The American public is incredibly dumb, ignorant, heavily armed, mad, broke and increasingly rather easily distracted. Curious to see if Trump turns out to be the exception as far as sticking around goes because I think he will. Not sure what makes him so special for his sycophants beyond actually winning the WH over Hillary but he's probably the dumbest out of a really dumb bunch and still has a scarily solid base to work with.

They LOVE that NY elitist rich draft dodging motherfucker and if he runs again and wins in 2024 (which is very possible), we'll be right back to square one again.

GOOD NEWS

https://twitter.com/realTuckFrumper/status/1421179771447300100

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

"I can be useless and give up half way through again!"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Even though he only got out of it for being rich I'm still completely fine with him dodging the draft,

Oh, I am too. Just seems like the sort of thing RWM consumers like to get upset about.
At least when it's convenient. I don't give a gently caress if he worked his way out of having to serve.

Donald Trump successfully avoiding combat in Vietnam is WAYYYY down far on the list of things that I hate about him and "avoiding having to murder anyone" is probably overall a good thing no matter how who it is and. how one goes about it. I'm 54 and plan on living out the rest of my life without killing anybody.

Sorry...I'm babbling.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Could 'propaganda as entertainment' as we have in right wing mass media now be considered a unique invention of the 20th/21st century?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Mercury_Storm posted:

Could 'propaganda as entertainment' as we have in right wing mass media now be considered a unique invention of the 20th/21st century?

You could argue that it was invented with the late 18th-century "scandal sheets" in the UK, some of which were made to elicit outrage in the same way as any modern broadcast.