Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the twist in dd was also stupid as well however, to be fair. the dlc case was sweet tho iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i liked dd a lot. actully hows spirit of justice, i never played that one

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the goth prosecutor was boring and didnt do anything and his entire thing about being a murderer and also a prosecutor was stupid as poo poo. not to say klavier was much better or anything but blackquill sux. i like athena but they barely do anything with her until the final case bc they dont want to take away too much screentime from phoenix and apollo and then the final case is also stupid as poo poo. and then in the next game they do worse than nothing with her and stop the pacing of the game dead in its tracks for hours to do her awful rakugo case. gently caress you capcom! give athena a real game that isnt stupid. anyway fullbright is also cool and then oops he was actually dead the whole time. nothing else was cool and the dlc case was good but mostly by comparison to the regular cases

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

its good overall i like it

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Fungah! posted:

its good, liked it better thanm DD. the prosectuer in it isnt very good however on the flipside ytou get to see maya again

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i just finished spirit of justice the other day and its great, easily the best of 4-6

playing great ace attorney now and this one seems like its gonna be good too, feels really fresh compared to the apollo games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I started DD but I'm finding it hard to get into. The switch to 3D is jarring and the super aliased text on a low res 3DS screen bugs me lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love the sprite animations and they don't have the same charm in polygonal form

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I love the sprite animations and they don't have the same charm in polygonal form

some of the later ones are really good, plus l like phoenix's vest and watch combo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

yeah the 3d style gets better the more games into doing it they get, the animations in great ace attorney are all fantastic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i didn't like much of great ace attorney in japanese or the english fan patches so i shan't be playing it again :shrug:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

some of the later ones are really good, plus l like phoenix's vest and watch combo

You vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

the goth prosecutor was boring and didnt do anything and his entire thing about being a murderer and also a prosecutor was stupid as poo poo. not to say klavier was much better or anything but blackquill sux.

klavier does air guitar

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i didnt say he wasnt better at all

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

aa4 has the best sprites/models of the series

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

AA4 has a bitching soundtrack so I like it. DD felt fairly milquetoast and a bit too hand holdy. 6 was great. Probably the best of the latter day trilogy. I want an HD collection of 4-6 next.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I found Blackquill uninteresting as a prosecutor but it was cool when he came back to help Athena on a case in Spirit.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have bought the trilogy on switch as work was hellacious this week. Namaste pals

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Apollo justice cant ever be forgiven for making you rewind tge lamiroir footage 30000 times to say indeed the trick was *this*!
Miserable

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

I have bought the trilogy on switch as work was hellacious this week. Namaste pals

perfect de-stress gaming :cheersdoge: enjoy

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Ace Attorney Trilogy remains the only switch game I've imported because I wanted a physical copy. I remember struggling through the trilogy on GBA in like 2005 with incomplete fan translation patches and GameFAQs guides that basically cliffnoted the japanese text and directed you on which dialogue choices to select.

It was a massive pain in the rear end and sucked, but I think the belief at the time was that the sequels might not ever be localized, so I felt like I had no other choice. Anyways I fell off super hard after the first 3, I really should check the newer entries out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the goth prosecutor was boring and didnt do anything and his entire thing about being a murderer and also a prosecutor was stupid as poo poo.
I only played the first three and maybe an hour of the dreadful Apollo Justice, but that feels like a well that has been thoroughly mined before now lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I only played the first three and maybe an hour of the dreadful Apollo Justice, but that feels like a well that has been thoroughly mined before now lol

its not lke von karma and godot where its revealed they did murder his thing is he is already a convicted murderer who is in jail and they bring him out of jail to prosecute murders. its all very dumb

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

neway i just finished the 3rd case of great ace attorney 1 and im enjoying it overall so far but case 1 is a drag and the overall gameplay pacing is so weird. all the cases have either been nothing but court or nothing but investigating

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

its not lke von karma and godot where its revealed they did murder his thing is he is already a convicted murderer who is in jail and they bring him out of jail to prosecute murders. its all very dumb
Oh, um. I thought it was implied that all the murderers get the death sentence lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Oh, um. I thought it was implied that all the murderers get the death sentence lol

they do I think, he's on death row iirc

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Doing the tutorial case of the first game and it’s fun as hell. Wracking my brains over this clock

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
If youre struggling with ace attorbey heres my advice:
-things might not always be what they seem
-think things through carefully
-the most logical option is usually the correct one
-always check the court records
-be prepared to look at things from a different persoective
-sometimes new information comes from the most unexpected places
-the crazy possibility is usually the correct one

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Wracking my brains over this clock

Much like Cindy Stone

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I picked the passport for the final examination because it was the only I chosen item lol and it worked

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ArfJason posted:

If youre struggling with ace attorbey heres my advice:
-things might not always be what they seem
-think things through carefully
-the most logical option is usually the correct one
-always check the court records
-be prepared to look at things from a different persoective
-sometimes new information comes from the most unexpected places
-the crazy possibility is usually the correct one

-Phoenix's balls change size depending on proximity to clues

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

phoenix wright freakin owns

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmfao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

Doing the tutorial case of the first game and it’s fun as hell. Wracking my brains over this clock

the trilogy is epic. enjoy gamer

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

gently caress you! Nintendo please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted: