Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Phew. That was brutal, took me a few hours' worth of battles, spread out across most of today and a little bit of yesterday to finally do. Scramble Slams on the first go-around are definitely viable, but I'd be lying if I said it was easy. I had about four rival team fights left after I hit 400k points, so I took it easy and stopped chaining battles after that—as such, I wasn't as close to the points requirements as it seems, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
are What A Shock and Just Keep Swimming any good as pins?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei posted:

are What A Shock and Just Keep Swimming any good as pins?

Individually? Just Keep Swimmin'! is fairly good for most of Week 1 and early Week 2, though it falls off. What a Shock! is just sort of bad.

However, all three pins form an ensemble with Stop the Music!, another Scramble Slam reward. When worn together, the damage they deal is doubled, turning them into an endgame and even postgame-viable pin set. What a Shock! is still sort of bad, but it can be okay for remotely activating beatdrops.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So are healing pins worth using in this game? Because unless there’s a few later on that can also damage enemies it seems with the new battle system whoever has one equipped will basically become a sitting duck for the entire fight.

Also since it’s canon to this game I just finished watching A New Day from TWEWY Switch, based on the end it seems like Neku’s been dead/in the UG for the last 3 years

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Larryb posted:

So are healing pins worth using in this game? Because unless there’s a few later on that can also damage enemies it seems with the new battle system whoever has one equipped will basically become a sitting duck for the entire fight.

They're good for long chains of random fights, Final Time Attack, and the final boss, because it's an incredibly long fight with no checkpoints.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Simple question, missed all 3 quests first time on W1D5 and doing it to get them. Came up to a guy in a red shirt and the gang went 'no time to worry about this guy lol' and then he vanishes.

How do I activate that quest

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Simple question, missed all 3 quests first time on W1D5 and doing it to get them. Came up to a guy in a red shirt and the gang went 'no time to worry about this guy lol' and then he vanishes.

That's not a quest, that's the guy you have to get to TOWER RECORDS as part of the Replay segment.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's not the sidequest, that's one of the time travel things you do for the nerds.

The sidequest in Spain Hill is a kid up some stairs in the back.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Anyone have any tips on how to defeat the secret boss Super Sho in another day? Even info about his mechanics would be good since he pretty much just instagibs me even on normal.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So gameplay question: is there some penalty for wearing threads you don’t have the Style for?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You don't get the skill from them.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

So gameplay question: is there some penalty for wearing threads you don’t have the Style for?

You don't get the benefits of the ability only the stats if you don't have enough style for it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Drashin posted:

Anyone have any tips on how to defeat the secret boss Super Sho in another day? Even info about his mechanics would be good since he pretty much just instagibs me even on normal.

Speaking of, is there anything else to do in Another Day or is it mostly just a boss rush?

Regalingualius posted:

No, you just won’t get the extra ability for wearing it until you have enough Style points. You still get the HP, Attack, and Defense boosts regardless.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, is there anything else to do in Another Day or is it mostly just a boss rush?

Its pretty much the same as the version of it in the first game though it has Harder versions of four bosses and a super difficult dive as well as the bonus boss

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
i miss Tin Pin Slammer

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Drashin posted:

Its pretty much the same as the version of it in the first game though it has Harder versions of four bosses and a super difficult dive as well as the bonus boss

What replaces the Tin Pin arc in that case? Speaking of Tin Pin, is Shoto Dan in this game?

Is that also where the Final Time Attack is located? If so, where do you have to go this time to access it?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 30, 2021

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In addition to what the other folks said, the side quest in the Scramble is over by Hachiko. The last one is in Dogenzaka (a place the plot of day 5 never makes you go; if you forget how to get there head north from the Scramble to 104, then it's the exit on the left. There was a side quest on day 4 in the exact same spot as this one).

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Junpei posted:

i miss Tin Pin Slammer

I'm deeply invested in knowing how life has been treating Shoto Dan and am keeping my eyes peeled.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
reached W1D4 and this game is deeply unkind to people with the "gotta buy everything right now" compulsion

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

reached W1D4 and this game is deeply unkind to people with the "gotta buy everything right now" compulsion

To help with that be sure to do the sidequest to unlock a social link with Prince from the first game, doing so gives you the handy ability to automatically cash in money pins as soon as you get them. I forget when during the first week he shows up though

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

W1D4: where are the” sinful ramen” and “backstreet refreshments”?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Vending machines in the ally on central, and sinful ramen is one of the two ramen dives in that area.

Also I've been monitoring everyone's food preferences and I have to say I'm pretty amazed no one is put off by "eating" a 4000 yen can of air so overloaded with pollutants that it has 480 calories.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

For the second one there’s a vending machine you can find in an alley, I forget about the first one though

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Made it to W2D3 I feel like that's way too long to be without a fourth party member. Kept getting cool poo poo I couldn't mix that well from not having an input. That said, it made the Beat reveal all the sweeter. God, what a glow-up. And I love how he and Fret vibe. Gonna loving tear down the whole town and make a gazillion yen and buy everything and finally eat that loving curry.

A bit too much combat, but I am hooked now that the real twewy begins

oh yeah and someone upthread mentioned that there should be a sub-chapter select when you do the chapter select stuff. I completely agree. Took me way too long to get the one thing I missed in W1D5

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 30, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

At least they give you the ability to skip cutscenes from previous days which can save some time.

Having Beat (though he still looks weird to me without his hat) and Fret on the same team is amazing, yes.

Does the former stay with you the whole game or do you get another partner on Week 3 as per the first game? Also do you ever get to fight Minamimoto (or at least get him back in the group)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 30, 2021

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Oxxidation posted:

it's totally normal to put the game on hold every time you get a new pin and grind until that pin and all its evolutions are mastered, right

this is a normal thing to do

I am going to warn you right now. You will be stuck on week 2 for a while because they start showering new pins on you there.

MorningMoon posted:

Made it to W2D3 I feel like that's way too long to be without a fourth party member. Kept getting cool poo poo I couldn't mix that well from not having an input. That said, it made the Beat reveal all the sweeter. God, what a glow-up. And I love how he and Fret vibe. Gonna loving tear down the whole town and make a gazillion yen and buy everything and finally eat that loving curry.

A bit too much combat, but I am hooked now that the real twewy begins

oh yeah and someone upthread mentioned that there should be a sub-chapter select when you do the chapter select stuff. I completely agree. Took me way too long to get the one thing I missed in W1D5

Yeah I just did the bare minimum of combat to snag new pins and such since going with only 3/4s of your DPS slowed things down a ton.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay, it's official. I'm shipping Rindo x Shoka.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Alright I'm only on day 5. I got the ability to equip my first Uber pin. Should I know what that actually is yet?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

Alright I'm only on day 5. I got the ability to equip my first Uber pin. Should I know what that actually is yet?

It's just a pin that's usually buffer then others of it's type. Your limited on how many you can wear at first, for quite some time.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
W1D7 Honesty I'm kinda impressed that Minamimoto managed to use Rindo's time travel to abandon our team twice.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Larryb posted:

At least they give you the ability to skip cutscenes from previous days which can save some time.

Unless I'm missing something really obvious, you can skip the start/end of day eyecatches, but not the actual cutscenes. All you can do there is fast-forward.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Should I do dives on Normal difficulty? It seems the only thing that matters is time.

Second question: I've gained VIP levels while fighting. Does anyone know how this works? I'm not sure whether you have to fight on the map where the shop is or whether it's a matter of fighting while using threads/pins of that brand.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Pretty sure it's the latter since I had ConyxCony go up while fighting on Center Street and Top o Topo go up somewhere that was not 104.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Just fight in areas with the brands equipped, yeah. It's a replacement mechanic for brand district affinity from TWEWY.

Also holy poo poo it's much easier to topscore in Scramble Slam when Noise actually has HP and you can make longer chains. Getting about 20k+ per chain in the second scramble slam without having to sandbag.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
SUPER MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS FOR THE NEO ENDGAME (but not postgame yet) AND ALSO ORIGINAL TWEWY BELOW, DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU HAVE NOT BEATEN THE GAME

Wow, Kubo is a foil to Hanekoma in so many ways. They're both Angels with a special hand in running the game, they both hover around the group teaching them about things with their own agendas.... but where Hanekoma was friendly and trying to save Shibuya, Kubo is a complete goddamn sleaze and is actively trying to kill Shibuya. Wild poo poo.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Is Hanekoma himself in this game at all? I know he at least gets a few mentions here and there.

Lotus Aura posted:

Unless I'm missing something really obvious, you can skip the start/end of day eyecatches, but not the actual cutscenes. All you can do there is fast-forward.

Oh, maybe I misread but I thought the game said something about you being able to skip cutscenes by pressing R2 (or the equivalent button in the other versions), I haven’t actually gone back to a previous day to confirm this though.

Speaking of, if you’re in like the middle of a particular day and go back to a previous one to do a sidequest or something will you then have to start your current day over from the beginning again when you return?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Larryb posted:

Is Hanekoma himself in this game at all? I know he at least gets a few mentions here and there.

Oh, maybe I misread but I thought the game said something about you being able to skip cutscenes by pressing R2 (or the equivalent button in the other versions), I haven’t actually gone back to a previous day to confirm this though.

Speaking of, if you’re in like the middle of a particular day and go back to a previous one to do a sidequest or something will you then have to start your current day over from the beginning again when you return?

Hanekoma is still the writer of the Secret Reports, but he doesn't physically show up.

The R2/ZR thing is for rapidly skipping through dialogue boxes, like what the original game let you do with the d-pad/face buttons after finishing the game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rea posted:

Hanekoma is still the writer of the Secret Reports, but he doesn't physically show up.

The R2/ZR thing is for rapidly skipping through dialogue boxes, like what the original game let you do with the d-pad/face buttons after finishing the game.

Ah ok, nevermind that part then (it would have been a nice feature though, a lot of these days are long enough as it is)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm getting closer to the endgame but I'm starting to feel a bit underleveled and like I'm not doing much damage, what's the best food and clothing you can get pre-postgame? Planning on getting a grinding session.(Currently on W3D6)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Man, the mammoth Noises do not gently caress around do they?