Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My opinion on fragile resins is to not worry about it and spend them whenever you feel like you'd like to do more resin stuff. You're probably going to be playing this game for months (maybe years!) so it's not worth trying to optimize that poo poo to maybe progress marginally faster.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I know it's antithetical to the gatcha model, but I wish (ha!) there was way to earn constellations aside from randomly winning a slot pull, no matter how grindy it would be

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If you're really concerned about spending resin "optimally" on the way to AR45, leylines and world boss rewards scale the least with their rewards as world rank increases and talent book domains cap out at AR40.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Kale posted:

So far in Inazuma it seems like there's not much rebellious spirit outside of the Kamisato faction regarding the state of things and even that's more like just wanting to restore things to the way they were before the Vision Hunt Decree. People just kind of seem to accept that things suck now and still revere their shogun and just kind of hope she stops being mean and selfish, but if she doesn't that's okay too because it's not their place to say anyway. Obviously there's got to be more too it as it seems at one point the people really did revere the shogun for more than just out of fear and made dolls of and celebrated her but they can't even do that anymore it seems. Looking forward to finally meeting her and hearing her side of things obviously.

As stated by Ayaka in the story, most people in Inazuma don't care about the Vision Hunt Decree. Most people don't have visions, after all. The thing troubling the common folk is the Sakoku Decree, which also seems to have mixed reception as there's also a lot of Inazuma people who are highly suspicious of outsiders. This would seem unwarranted, except for the Traveler who literally comes in and picks a fight with their god almost immediately, and the Fatui, who are undoubtedly up to no good, so there's certainly reason for them to think outsiders are dangerous and the Sakoku Decree is protecting them. Besides, the Sakoku decree doesn't affect everyone equally either, as mainly the foreigners living in Inazuma are the ones impacted the most, and merchants who rely on imports.

There certainly is an air of oppression that lingers in Inazuma and unsettles the commoners, but to most, this is just business as usual with the Raiden Shogun. To the less ambitious, or more religious people, defying their actual, literal god is madness.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I assume I have fragile resin equivalent to 5 days' original resin or 50 gold artifacts. It'll take me 100 days' original resin to get to 45, and I don't have another source of adventure exp

I can wait 100 days, then spend my fragile resin to get 50 artifacts

I can spend my fragile resin now. I 'jump ahead' in world level, and for the next 95 days I'm getting (very slightly) increased rewards from my original resin. At 95 days I'm at AR 45. I spend the next 5 days farming artifacts, and at day 100 I have 50 gold artifacts

In both instances I have 50 artifacts at day 100. But in the second plan, I've got slightly more mora or whatever

Am I missing something?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

bandaid.friend posted:

I assume I have fragile resin equivalent to 5 days' original resin or 50 gold artifacts. It'll take me 100 days' original resin to get to 45, and I don't have another source of adventure exp

I can spend my fragile resin now. I 'jump ahead' in world level, and for the next 95 days I'm getting (very slightly) increased rewards from my original resin. At 95 days I'm at AR 45. I spend the next 5 days farming artifacts, and at day 100 I have 50 gold artifacts

In both instances I have 50 artifacts at day 100. But in the second plan, I've got slightly more mora or whatever

Am I missing something?
Most of your AR XP comes from daily commissions. You would have to spend 120 gold artifacts' worth of fragile resin in scenario 1 to advance 5 days.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

hiddenriverninja posted:

I know it's antithetical to the gatcha model, but I wish (ha!) there was way to earn constellations aside from randomly winning a slot pull, no matter how grindy it would be

I think we may see this eventually for 4 stars. Honkai has grindable fragments for some characters, including a few meta ones. I doubt it will happen for limited 5 stars, maybe for standard 5 stars.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the starglitter shop has some issues but it is basically that already

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

No Wave posted:

Most of your AR XP comes from daily commissions. You would have to spend 120 gold artifacts' worth of fragile resin in scenario 1 to advance 5 days.

Also there's enough poo poo to do out in the world by now that unless you're hardcore marathoning all the content immediately, you're probably gonna hit AR45 before you run out of random chests/quests/etc anyway.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think the most likely things are some kind of meta content (like the housing or abyss) that rewards some new currency that you can spend at another shop that has characters/weapons. if they ever get around to actually making that boss fight mode a biweekly thing like abyss it could be something like that rather than going for more pull currency to keep the rate of attaining 5 stars consistent but making it a bit more possible to get a chase 4 star (since that pool should in theory grow much faster and be way harder to target.)

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

No Wave posted:

For the sake of the imaginary game I made up the numbers and ignored other sources of adventure exp. I don't understand how daily commission AR EXP would change things, when both scenarios spend 100 days getting 50 artifacts? They both would get the same amount of exp in that time so I ignored it. Also I don't understand the second thing you said sorry

Regarding hitting a large amount of artifacts feeling good etc, I'm only questioning the min-max logic. As I said before, I don't think the min-max stuff is good advice in reality

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I have to say that after using her in the trial, Ayaka is my jam. Debating on spending :10bux: to get her.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

For the sake of the imaginary game I made up the numbers and ignored other sources of adventure exp. I don't understand how daily commission AR EXP would change things, when both scenarios spend 100 days getting 50 artifacts? They both would get the same amount of exp in that time so I ignored it. Also I don't understand the second thing you said sorry

Regarding hitting a large amount of artifacts feeling good etc, I'm only questioning the min-max logic. As I said before, I don't think the min-max stuff is good advice in reality
I'm saying in scenario 1 you would run the AR45 artifact domain 50 times. In scenario 2 you would run it 120 times.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 30, 2021

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
On my journey through the ARs there was definitely a period in the low 40s that I used a few fragile resin for artifact domains to finish certain sets in chars in my main team. I'm guessing I used less than 10% of my total. I think saving them all is the optimal choice, but using them then made things less of a slog.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

End of this event is odd, just the same fight every time. TONS of rewards though wow was not expecting a million mora.
The end of the event is super weird because I killed the boss twice before I realized, oh no it's actually dead and respawned, it's not bugging out and kicking me back to the beginning. The only way you can even tell you got it is quick-menu to the events/inventory tabs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I was immensely disappointed the domain didnt heal you+charge your ultas. I had a tp all set up to do damage tests on the primo geovishap.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I think this is in part to avoid the weirdness in the abyss later. Because when they added the cryo cube to the abyss it seemed like a lot of people didn't know how to fight it since it was only linked to Eula for progression.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

No Wave posted:

I'm saying in scenario 1 you would run the AR45 artifact domain 50 times. In scenario 2 you would run it 120 times.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. The assumption of my game is that my fragile resin hoard is worth 50 artifacts, or 5 days worth of original resin. It follows that 5 days of spending original resin gets me 50 artifacts. I don't know where 120 comes from?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. The assumption of my game is that my fragile resin hoard is worth 50 artifacts, or 5 days worth of original resin. It follows that 5 days of spending original resin gets me 50 artifacts. I don't know where 120 comes from?
Spending 15 fragile resin will only advance you two days' worth of AR XP, but is five days' worth of resin. I don't know how else to explain it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 30, 2021

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

bandaid.friend posted:

Am I missing something?

How would spending fragile resin worth 5 days original resin allow you to reach a higher world rank 95 days earlier? Your math is WAY off. Burning them all early gets you to AR45 at most a week early, at which point you'll be sad at the 100+ gold artifacts you've given up the chance to get.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
You get around 1,500 AR every day from commissions. Spending 20 resin gets you 100 AR, so one fragile is 300 AR so you need 5 fragiles to speed things up by one day which imo is not worth it compared to waiting and doing all the new inazuma stuff for AR.

To go from 40 to 45 is approximately 50,000 XP, so I don't know where you're starting at to need 100 days.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Just farm artifacts enough until you can beat the content, that's the best advice.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

the numbers are made up, and other sources of adventure exp, such as dailies, are removed, to make the example simple. it is imaginary

Taratang posted:

How would spending fragile resin worth 5 days original resin allow you to reach a higher world rank 95 days earlier? Your math is WAY off. Burning them all early gets you to AR45 at most a week early, at which point you'll be sad at the 100+ gold artifacts you've given up the chance to get.
spending the fragile resin doesn't take me all the way to ar 45 on day five, it just levels my world up an intermediate step. ar 45 is reached day 95. the math is off because the numbers are made up. the artifacts are gained from days 95 to 100, which is when the scenario ends

Hackan Slash posted:

You get around 1,500 AR every day from commissions. Spending 20 resin gets you 100 AR, so one fragile is 300 AR so you need 5 fragiles to speed things up by one day which imo is not worth it compared to waiting and doing all the new inazuma stuff for AR.

To go from 40 to 45 is approximately 50,000 XP, so I don't know where you're starting at to need 100 days.

i don't care

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why make things up when there are hard numbers you can use

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The daily commissiom xp you're ignoring is really, really important. Without it the example does not reflect reality and isn't useful for anything.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

I don't see how, and I've already asked you how? Both scenarios get the same amount of daily exp in 100 days

In fact, the scenario that spends the 5 fragile resin immediately might have gained more daily commission adventure exp by day 100, because the adventure exp gained from spending that resin might take it over an adventure rank that awards extra daily commission exp earlier than the scenario that waited

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Run your simulation with daily commission XP added and maybe you'll find out!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Kale posted:

Fischl is obviously still a bit better cause of Oz and being able to recall and summon him without a burst which Lisa can't do with her Lightning Rose (I find enemies get knocked out of or leave it's range far too often) and being able to fill that support DPS role perfectly because of him, but I really don't see the whole Lisa sucks thing. Of the characters that the game gives you at the start she's basically the only one I still use regularly.

Ignoring dumb reasons like "she's free, therefore she sucks" it mostly comes down to mechanics and eventual 4* replacements. She's got the niche benefit of being a catalyst user (nonstop autoaim electro) but her E and Q both have issues. Eventually you're looking at a question of using her or Beidou/Fish, and that isn't a comparison you want to stand against.

In terms of 100% gacha-free characters I'd rate Kaeya as the best non-MC one, but he's completely interchangeable with Rosaria now and she's better than him in certain situations so welp.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The end of the event is super weird because I killed the boss twice before I realized, oh no it's actually dead and respawned, it's not bugging out and kicking me back to the beginning. The only way you can even tell you got it is quick-menu to the events/inventory tabs.

Something is bugging out for you regardless because there’s definitely a splash screen showing how much currency you got and challenge again/exit buttons.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Re: Lisa, I think the primary problem with her is that her kit is built around to a large extent around powering up a single, slow nuke with a long cooldown, but that type of attack does nothing for electro. With electro you want to be hitting constantly because all its reactions do flat damage. (Continuous application is exactly why Fischl and Beidou are universally regarded as superior).

If Lisa had identical numbers but did her 800% DMG nuke as pyro or hydro I think she'd be considered much more usable; compare against say Childe's burst for an analogous attack.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Bussamove posted:

Something is bugging out for you regardless because there’s definitely a splash screen showing how much currency you got and challenge again/exit buttons.
Hell yeah, speedrunner mode unlocked.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Bussamove posted:

Probably 80% or so of the most recent event boss fights I ended without a splash screen because I was attacking when it died. Having the button you spam to deal damage also be the button you press to confirm will do that.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

No Wave posted:

Run your simulation with daily commission XP added and maybe you'll find out!
I'm not trying to argue, I want to know if this old advice of "saving resin until 45 for minmax" actually stacks up or if we've simply been repeating it to each other because it's the common thing to say. I don't see how this helps, and I've asked you twice. I am not trying to be unfriendly. Please explain how the daily commission exp changes anything here

I assume I have fragile resin equivalent to 5 days' original resin or 50 gold artifacts. Assuming I do my daily commissions and spend all my original resin each day, and no quests are finished, I will hit AR 45 on day 100

1) I do my dailies and spend original resin for 100 days. I hit AR 45 on day 100, and spend my fragile resin for 50 artifacts
I have 50 artifacts, 105 days' worth of AEXP from resin, and 100 days' worth of AEXP from daily commissions

2) I spend my fragile resin immediately and gain 5 days' worth of AEXP. I have gained an intermediate world level, and will receive higher rewards than scenario 1 over the next 100 days from daily commissions and from spending my original resin. I'm also five days closer to hitting AR 45. I do my dailies and spend my original resin for 95 days. At day 95, I hit AR 45. Over the next 5 days, I spend my original resin for 50 artifacts. It is now day 100
I have 50 artifacts, 105 days' worth of AEXP from resin, and 100 days' worth of AEXP from daily commissions
I have additional rewards from my original resin/daily commissions because I was at a higher world level/adventure rank when spent/completed

Both scenarios are assumed to be getting intermediate adventure ranks and world levels, so "105 days' worth of AEXP" is really sort of a scale as they level up, but whatever, it's the same for both so it doesn't matter. Also it doesn't really matter if the intermediate world level is gained on day 5 or whenever, the point is it'll happen slightly sooner to scenario 2 than scenario 1

Scenario two will actually have reached AR 45 slightly earlier than day 95 due to the accelerated rate of AEXP from higher-tier daily commissions

This is basically the same as the first time I posted it, but with more text getting in the way of the point. There's substantively no difference to the first time I wrote it - the second scenario is slightly better off. Not enough to make changing your habits worth it, but saving your resin for 45 is worse in terms of maximising rewards and should not be recommended

So yeah I think the best advice for fragile resin is "spend it when you have free time"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

quote:

2) I spend my fragile resin immediately and gain 5 days' worth of AEXP.
This assumption is wrong. You would get 2 days' worth of AR XP by spending the same # of fragiles you used in scenario 1.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 30, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Fragiles are best:

1) Doing things with friends when you've already spent your resin. You remembered to have friends... right?

2) Ascending/leveling talents on characters/weapons you weren't sure you'd roll

I find spending fragiles for artifact domains really demoralizing since the RNG can just screw you. Spending a limited resource to get trash feels bad.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mostly use them to grind up weapons anymore

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Starting at AR 36, you get the same amount of Adventure Exp as AR 60 from dailies, so no need to rush.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I know when you hit AR 60, all adventuring exp turns to Mora, but I kinda wish there was more. Like every level after 60, something silly or stupid, like a 3* NPC character joining your team :P Granted 60 is so far off it's pretty much fantasy at this point.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so does anybody else like Yashiori Island the most of the three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

dogsicle posted:

so does anybody else like Yashiori Island the most of the three

I do think it has the most interesting set of stuff. Speaking of, a lot of the world quests in Inazuma give me a strong Dark Souls style vibe. Like the doctor who just disappears after you give him a few days worth of naku and you find his notes about how he was just giving a placebo to aid their pain because he had no idea how to cure the corruption, and now he has to go try and figure out a real cure for the tatarigami or Washizu who turns out he was sacrificing people and you kill him and go see the village that has basically been decimated because the tatarigami followed by the sacrifices. Quests that either are just kind of sad or don't have any real closure to them, with maybe just a hint of hope for the future.