Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm disappointed but not enough to stop watching or not get the next PPV. The show is good enough to where even if it doesn't have exactly what I want in one section I can still enjoy other parts of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

As I was clicking seats, they vanished. Then i got a "you can't checkout on this device" so I gave up.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Got my Chicago Rampage ticket. I have a feeling scalpers are out in force.

This poo poo sells out too fast. I hate how bad online presales and scalpers have ruined the market.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Crapple! posted:

I'm not buying this loving ppv unless it has hangman vs kenny.

looks like youre not going to be buying it, then

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Whatever they do with Daniel Bryan and especially CM Punk is Chicago is going to overshadow everything else on the card no matter what. I don’t at all mind them pushing back Omega/Hangman to a PPV where it won’t be stuck as the third-most talked about thing.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Having Hangman beat Kenny after Daniel Bryan is unable to beat him makes it even more impactful and checks off the high stakes dream match along the way

And Full Gear is literally named after Hangman

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Hangman cooling off is not a concern to me, but I do think pushing the Omega match off runs the risk of 1) other championship matches/stories feeling underwhelming 2) The Elite's heel dominance shifting into "alright this is getting old" territory

That being said, I can't imagine changing direction on something this big without an alternate story or long-term payoff that you're pretty dang confident in. Unless signing Bryan/Punk has Tony on Booking Tilt and he's gone mad with power

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

Whatever they do with Daniel Bryan and especially CM Punk is Chicago is going to overshadow everything else on the card no matter what. I don’t at all mind them pushing back Omega/Hangman to a PPV where it won’t be stuck as the third-most talked about thing.

Then maybe don't heavily imply that's going to be the match.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The impatience over a 2+ year storyline possibly extending another month or two is very funny to me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm getting All Out regardless because I trust that there will be a whole lot of good stuff on there and not getting one specific match isn't that big of a deal.

Also Hangman will bounce back and Kenny/Hangman can be used as a massive draw for Full Gear or some other big show where the tickets aren't flying off the shelves already.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

The impatience over a 2+ year storyline possibly extending another month or two is very funny to me.

It's honestly blowing my mind

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Having Hangman beat Kenny after Daniel Bryan is unable to beat him makes it even more impactful and checks off the high stakes dream match along the way

If Hangman isnt winning at Arthur Ashe, Bryan should show up and immediately start beating the poo poo out of Hangman and screaming at him that he's not ready. Basically trying to beat Hangman either until he dies or is ready to beat Kenny.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

JUNGLE BOY posted:

why would I care that Kenny beat someone who already had their time in the sun

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

tao of lmao posted:

MRT brought up Tyler Black. That was a multi-year title hunt that was left too late and it was only a couple of months between Final Battle and 8th anniversary. It did irreparable damage to Tyler's reign as champion. I hope I'm wrong but the crowd is never going to be hotter than this.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

tony khan is sending adam page back to catering, hate to see it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1421132090385567751

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Me when someone says they're not buying All Out:
https://youtu.be/lE5bAlfs4eg

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Some of y’all Wait and See’d for years and now you finally have an opportunity to do it with the likelihood of a real payoff

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

MRT brought up Tyler Black. That was a multi-year title hunt that was left too late and it was only a couple of months between Final Battle and 8th anniversary. It did irreparable damage to Tyler's reign as champion. I hope I'm wrong but the crowd is never going to be hotter than this.

If they don't pull the trigger on Hangman now they run the real risk of him becoming very bad at Twitter

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

if hangman didn't cool off after a 6 months + being on hold, it won't cool off til Full Gear or Revolution. look at it this way - if CM Punk and Danielson are being used to elevate AEW's profile and sales (clearly as the United Center seems to be selling out rapidly), Hangman will be winning the title off Kenny in a stadium as opposed to just an arena. That, and Kenny seems to be saying he might be taking a break/retiring soon with his injuries. they could be running all the dream matches now while Kenny can still go

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The crowd gets hotter every week.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Irreparable? You mean the dude who went on to become one of the 3 people wwe bother to push?

The horror.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Then maybe don't heavily imply that's going to be the match.

Hangman / Kenny started before these acquisitions and probably was the plan before they signed Punk/DBry. Once news of the signings leaked, they knew if they didn’t do something with Punk in Chicago, they run the risk of fans hijacking the show and not paying attention to anything else. So they had Hangman put up his title shot to try and get his friends a shot, and lose, so they can push Omega/Hangman back to a PPV where it’ll be the clear #1 big story. It’s pretty straightforward booking and makes sense in light of a sudden bounty of huge name signings. Hangman’s gonna get his, but this no longer feels like the PPV to do it to me.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

tao of lmao posted:

Irreparable? You mean the dude who went on to become one of the 3 people wwe bother to push?

The horror.

The crowd went from being white hot for Tyler to booing him on every defence after he won. What WWE did with him after is irrelevant

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It's not about impatience. It's about loving up a story. We'll see how they follow this week up, but you can't just stop/start this sort of thing without huge risk. If they had decided a month ago that they wanted to hold off on the Hangman match, I bet everyone would be fine with it. But heating up the feud for a few weeks only to pivot to something else (especially if it's something like Christian or Kingston) could be a disaster.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The crowd went from being white hot for Tyler to booing him on every defence after he won.

Oh no!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

MassRafTer posted:

If he had won on the previous attempt you don't get the later business nor do you get the other champions in between who did good business?

are you asking me? I'm saying you cannot possibly know how business would have gone in the other universe. you know that this one they did well, and that's great, but it's not evidence that crowning naito over okada at wk12 would have done any worse. Like there would have just not been world champions over the same time period, or that they definitely would have been bad business, theres literally no way to know.

hangman could be the same. and I have faith that it will be good business when it happens.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I also like deconstructing wrestling and all the unwritten rules but at the end of the day just sit down, watch the stories, and enjoy them for what they are instead of worrying about if they're following the unwritten rules right about the proper time to put someone over for buys and heat. Hangman solidifies his friendship with the Dark Order and you're all worried about heat.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Snacksmaniac posted:

As I was clicking seats, they vanished. Then i got a "you can't checkout on this device" so I gave up.

I've had HUGE problems buying Tickets on Ticketmaster with a computer, have needed to use the mobile app the past few times

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

DeepDickPizza posted:

It's not about impatience. It's about loving up a story.

lmao relax

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DeepDickPizza posted:

But heating up the feud for a few weeks only to pivot to something else (especially if it's something like Christian or Kingston) could be a disaster.

its not going to be a disaster, jesus

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I hope we get a segment with Kenny lording over the crowd about how he's ruined Page's life, sent him back into a spiral, and reveals that he's had Cutler secretly filming Page's descent. Then when he orders Cutler to play the footage, the footage shows Page and the Dark Order having a wonderful time together at an amusement park.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

It's not about impatience. It's about loving up a story. We'll see how they follow this week up, but you can't just stop/start this sort of thing without huge risk. If they had decided a month ago that they wanted to hold off on the Hangman match, I bet everyone would be fine with it. But heating up the feud for a few weeks only to pivot to something else (especially if it's something like Christian or Kingston) could be a disaster.

it's just another chapter bro

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

safe bet this show is a sellout

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If there was literally a single example of AEW completely loving up and not being able to successfully salvage a main event storyline you might have a point

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alcoholics shouldn't hold championship belts anyways, it'll make the sponsors mad.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gumball Gumption posted:

I also like deconstructing wrestling and all the unwritten rules but at the end of the day just sit down, watch the stories, and enjoy them for what they are instead of worrying about if they're following the unwritten rules right about the proper time to put someone over for buys and heat. Hangman solidifies his friendship with the Dark Order and you're all worried about heat.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i wish adam page well in his future endeavors

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I keep seeing them add tickets to the presale, and then they go just as fast... this is loving crazy. So proud of this little t-shirt company.

Edit: Literally 17 tickets available 45 minutes after they went on sale

Edit 2: Ticketmaster selling $90 seats for $450 "Official Platinum" seats should be criminal. They just keep popping up and going just as quickly

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Reminded of that matt hardy tweet about how the easiest people to work are the ones who think they know the industry.