Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

The partially-abandoned ruin of the Line will be the setting of a major part of 2032's Call Of Duty episode.

a long corridor shaped map is more suited to the Rush mode of the Battlefield series imo

though I would also take a Warzone map where instead of a circle you just try to outrun a moving wall of fire starting from one end of THE LINE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Spec Ops: The Line was ahead of its time

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Larry Parrish posted:

I simply use GIMP. I dont know why it gets so much hate. It has all the same tools. Maybe because the default canvas is small and several windows. You can set up a more Photoshop style workflow if you want and save it as the default.
I hate GIMP because the keyboard shortcuts are all wrong.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

BattleMaster posted:

Spec Ops: The Line was ahead of its time

you know i saw that on gamefly years ago and breezed right by it thinking it was another OORAH call of duty clone but someone recommended it and i played thru it and it's an ok shooter with an amazing story, can't recommend it enough

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BattleMaster posted:

Spec Ops: The Line was ahead of its timeabout an actual line

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The Nastier Nate posted:

you know i saw that on gamefly years ago and breezed right by it thinking it was another OORAH call of duty clone but someone recommended it and i played thru it and it's an ok shooter with an amazing story, can't recommend it enough

it and alpha protocol are two games with great stories that I think got really overshadowed because people thought they were basic ooh rah shooting people in a desert games - the latter only had that as its opening segment before the story really happens but first impressions matter

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The gameplay was bad and boring in spec ops the line

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Fart Car '97 posted:

The gameplay was bad and boring in spec ops the line

it was fine, it was nothing special but it got the job done.

I've never played Alpha Protocol but i'll add it to my backlog, currently working my way thru Communist Simulator 6 aka Tropico 6

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

I've never played Alpha Protocol but i'll add it to my backlog, currently working my way thru Communist Simulator 6 aka Tropico 6

yeah you should reorder that.

Alpha Protocol is real good, close to original Dues Ex good.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Alpha Protocol needs a remake. There’s too much junk for a simple remaster imo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

it's also tricky to get bc they lost the license to the music that plays when you fistfight a coked up russian mobster

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

it was fine, it was nothing special but it got the job done.

The mechanics in Alpha Protocol are janky as gently caress, but the story and dialogue are loving great.

EDIT: I played through that game three times in a row. So loving good.

Ham Equity has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Jul 30, 2021

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Alpha Protocol was pulled from steam a while ago, if you don't already have it on steam it's :filez: time.

Alpha Protocol is utterly fantastic and utterly broken, look up a gameplay guide before you start because the frustrating gameplay parts will definitely distract from the insanely good writing and interactivity.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
the CIA dude who owns the Laundromat in Shanghai or wherever is loving awesome lol

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

pnumoman posted:

Alpha Protocol was pulled from steam a while ago, if you don't already have it on steam it's :filez: time.

Alpha Protocol is utterly fantastic and utterly broken, look up a gameplay guide before you start because the frustrating gameplay parts will definitely distract from the insanely good writing and interactivity.

the only gameplay guide anyone needs for alpha protocol is "pistols with chain shot"

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
this might belong here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR6lP5hMnV2/?utm_medium=copy_link

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
do the Bluetooth diapers come inn adult sizes.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

shoulda gone with the example of attention tracking clothes that have haptic feedback for 'inattention'

love to be choked by my shirt because I didn't keep my eyes on my monitor

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Julius CSAR posted:

the CIA dude who owns the Laundromat in Shanghai or wherever is loving awesome lol

Steven Heck, and yeah, he's the loving best.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'm a fan of the gelato guy, personally

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

so they're using UHF tags which sadly means you cant reprogram them with your phone, but i wouldnt be shocked if you could make them give you unlimited drinks
sure looks like it. depending on how much they bothered to secure sector 00 in the memory, it shouldn't be too hard to break. i'll bet you could find a way to pass an invalid value to the dispenser and just unlock unlimited refills for everyone.

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 00:53 on Jul 31, 2021

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Cool we needed more ewaste in disposable items

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

"the internet of bodies" no thx

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Gonna hack your cute top to make it boil your organs inside

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
How the hell is it supposed to react? I'm pretty sure we don't have any temp control metamaterials around.

Also it will be hacked and used to cause nipslips within the first week if it isn't 100% vapor

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
you misunderstand, this is just adding a fitbit to your shirts so you can sell them for a hundred dollars or more

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

tokin opposition posted:

How the hell is it supposed to react? I'm pretty sure we don't have any temp control metamaterials around.

Also it will be hacked and used to cause nipslips within the first week if it isn't 100% vapor

power tool companies sell jackets that get heated w battery packs, probably something like that

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lil poopendorfer posted:

power tool companies sell jackets that get heated w battery packs, probably something like that

it mines bitcoins

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Shear Modulus posted:

it mines bitcoins

It's the matrix where people are batteries but the electricity is just for bit coins

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

it mines bitcoins

It heats you by mining bitcoings

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

withak posted:

do the Bluetooth diapers come inn adult sizes.

No, but I'll wager you do.

street doc
Feb 20, 2019

The Nastier Nate posted:

loving creative cloud

remember when you used to be able to buy photoshop for like $500 and you could own it forever?

well now for the low cost of like $250 you can use it for a whole year!

you’ll own nothing, and love it!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

it mines bitcoins

self-drying jackets from back to the future but they actually just give you third-degree burns

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Yeah but the strawberries you keep in your pockets will be delicious

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

MrUnderbridge posted:

No, but I'll wager you do.

I'm not getting the burn. :confused:

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

how about a shirt that gets itchy when you're unproductive

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

street doc posted:

you’ll own nothing, and love it!

i have photoshop CS2 on my computer and that does 90% of everything i need on the rare occasion I need photoshop, but apparently some of my coworkers have qualms about using 16 year old software

I mean it still runs on Windows 10...sorta

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
If Adobe didn't want people using cs2 for decades they shouldn't have given it away for free.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

i have photoshop CS2 on my computer and that does 90% of everything i need on the rare occasion I need photoshop, but apparently some of my coworkers have qualms about using 16 year old software

I mean it still runs on Windows 10...sorta

surely GIMP is better than 16 year old photoshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
GIMP sucks if only for the awful name that the maintainers refuse to do anything about.