Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

StarkRavingMad posted:

You know, there’s a lot of things happening in AEW today…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I will also make poo poo up wholesale on what people are annoyed about

Well, let’s see it, smartass

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Everytime I see this I think of that scene from Dodgeball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqQ1UmDPvgA&t=30s

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hangman is my dad and the badguys beat up my dad and now I'm trying to convince my dad to quit his job and go to japan

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Hangman is my dad and the badguys beat up my dad and now I'm trying to convince my dad to quit his job and go to japan

Woah your dad is my uncle. We’re related!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I always wondered

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Thank you it’s beautiful

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I definitely think Page/Jackson would be a great step for his story. You could have Matt rub it in Page's face that he lost, Page boast that he pinned him, lots of back and forth. Have Jackson throw it in Page's face that he screwed them while they were trying to hold the Elite together. Have Page own his mistakes and say he's learned to move on instead of wallowing in it and point out that the Bucks have basically regressed and gone back to their old cheating ways where they're willing to do anything for fear of losing. Page says he almost slipped to that place but he came out stronger.

I'd get really behind that in terms of really fleshing out Page's journey to be about himself instead of his friends.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

Woah your dad is my uncle. We’re related!

His dad is my son. I'm your granddaddy

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

I will also make poo poo up wholesale on what people are annoyed about

You got worked by a wrestling storyline, do you want a freakin medal?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

drat marvez does a hell of a can can

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

everything makes more sense when you realize this is likely Kenny Omega's last big title run, maybe ever. dude's body has taken an absurd amount of abuse and I really doubt he's going to get to hold the AEW world title again when they have Hangman, MJF, Pac (god willing) and others lined up to get a taste of the gold.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

this entire thread turned into "no, it is you who is the mark" and you're all gigantic nerds lol

the show will be good regardless of who is on it

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I am excited for the next month of AEW TV as they fill out the card.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
kenny can fight anyone in the building and it'll be one of the best matches of the year. i'm not worried about who he fights next as long as they have an rear end to kick.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

his matches with Janela were pretty great thoufh

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gaz-L posted:

I dunno about doing two AEW title changes in a row on free tv.

I like that AEW only has 4 PPVs and none of the PPVs feel any bigger than the others. Then we don't get this poo poo like "Page need to have his coronation at PPV X!" when we could just get it on Dynamite.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've never watched an episode of AEW in my life and I know what they're doing with Hangman and anyone acting differently is disingenuous or dangerously stupid.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You could argue, relatively successfully, that AEW should never do a title change on anything except free TV ever again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I've never watched an episode of AEW in my life

Yeah well we'll see about that when Suzuki is announced as the next labor of Jericho. :colbert:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

MJeff posted:

Yeah well we'll see about that when Suzuki is announced as the next labor of Jericho. :colbert:

simply have someone describe it over the phone, like people used to listen to boxing on the radio

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I already had tickets to Dynamite, Rampage and All Out and just impluse bought tickets for the United Center show. I don't even know if I'm going to go to all four shows but I had to jump on it while I could.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jesus WEP posted:

drat marvez does a hell of a can can

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Draxion posted:

simply have someone describe it over the phone, like people used to listen to boxing on the radio

Those are called discord calls now-a-days.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

I mean it'd still be on Thursday morning for me (I've watched AEW PPVs on Sunday morning and they've been great)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Does anyone else get the feeling that some people are like, extremely hypersensitive to all the things that bad wrestling companies have done over the years and so any time there's even a remote whiff of something that might vaguely remind them of something WCW or TNA or WWE did the immediate response is to go into full on "Oh no ITS HAPPENING AGAIN" mode?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Does anyone else get the feeling that some people are like, extremely hypersensitive to all the things that bad wrestling companies have done over the years and so any time there's even a remote whiff of something that might vaguely remind them of something WCW or TNA or WWE did the immediate response is to go into full on "Oh no ITS HAPPENING AGAIN" mode?

Absolutely 100% companies will do something that WWE has done badly and people will complain about it thinking the thing is bad as opposed to WWE is bad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Can't believe the sub filled with people obsessed with a niche piece of media is also really anxious

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJeff posted:

Uh, no, his AEW appearance has to be to finally get his match with Orange Cassidy.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Why did this thread have like a 6 page meltdown over something not working for some people

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Oh Snapple! posted:

Why did this thread have like a 6 page meltdown over something not working for some people

um excuse me his gimmick is Outwork Everyone it isnt "not work"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

I stopped watching wrestling between 2002 and 2016 and I only gave WWE a good faith effort for like a year before I realized it was loving stupid and bad. I generally trust what AEW is doing so it feels like there might be something to this theory!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Drakkel posted:

I definitely get this impression from the number of people insanely thinking Bryan and/or Punk are going straight into the title picture.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Oh Snapple! posted:

This happens every week.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MotU posted:

um excuse me his gimmick is Outwork Everyone it isnt "not work"

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

karmicknight posted:

Those are called discord calls now-a-days.

I was thinking specifically of it also sounding terrible, but you can do that by turning down discord's voice bitrate so it'd work

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Draxion posted:

I was thinking specifically of it also sounding terrible, but you can do that by turning down discord's voice bitrate so it'd work

The people watching the show can even put on old timey voices for maximum verisimilitude.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

your friend wicka posted:

I definitely get this impression from the number of people insanely thinking Bryan and/or Punk are going straight into the title picture.

I mean Darby's promo on Dynamite was pretty much "I'm calling out Punk in Chicago in every way I can without saying the word Punk", I don't know about Bryan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

People who care deeply about something have big reactions to it. I personally like the decision and think there's lots of great room for stuff with Page here that still keeps him on track to beat Kenny. But I also came at it as someone who felt like his story wasn't complete. For people who did feel his story was complete they're upset and worried that things might have gotten delayed. That's understandable and reasonable. So let people voice their thoughts and vent their concerns. I don't get why this place is s resistant to that and prefers to just insult people and act above it all.