Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medieval Thinker
Nov 6, 2010
Ready to sell, black on black German luxury.

[img]
https://ibb.co/s94Bbg8
[img]

2005 Mercedes Benz E500 (4 door)
5.0L V8 RWD, 146K miles.
Obsidian black exterior, black all leather interior.
$5000 Cash
Fairfax County, Virginia, local pick-up

Good:
* Engine: Has been bulletproof, no issues, just passed emissions inspection.
* Exterior: Paint and trim all in great shape
* Interior: Great shape, no rips or tears in leather, very fresh and clean
* Tires: Brand new tires in the front, pretty good tread still on the rears. Extra full size wheel and regular tire with purchase
* Transmission/clutch: Transmission fluid flushed and replaced 20K miles ago, working well.
* Brakes: Brakes replaced last year, and the entire SBC brake system is 100% paid to fix under warranty from Mercedes for 25 years (through 2030!)
* Heater and AC: Working well
* Have full maintenance history from 67K until now, all regular oil changes and services performed.
* Legal & driveable, registered through Jan 2022.

Bad:
* Suspension: The right rear air strut has a slow leak in it, falls down after a few hours. It will need to be replaced at some point but at the moment it just pumps back up within 20 seconds of turning the car over. Control arm bushings a bit worn too.
* Electrical: Some of the electrical luxuries don't operate anymore (overhead light inside, rear window sunshade, sunroof opener). It could be just be fuse issues, but I don't have inclination to dig around in the electricals or the desire to pay someone a ton of money to figure it out.
* Wear and tear: Some of the rubber elements (cooling system hoses, brake hydraulic lines, breather hoses) are original to manufacture and somewhat worn.
* Drive axle Boot: the rubber for drive axle (the boot) has a tear in it which will need replacing eventually
* Spark plugs: Probably should replace spark plugs next 10K, somewhat worn

Ugly:
* History: Car was totaled by the the insurance company back in 2017, as apparently replacing two wheels, two tires, two air struts and fixing dent in hood and front fascia was too expensive for them. Car was off side of road, hitting wooden reflector, but no crash or hitting other vehicles etc. After repairs has been just fine. I have been daily driving it the past 35K since then

I would like to keep it, but I need something less interesting and less German to drive the family around in without looming fear of unplanned expensive repairs. I would much rather sell this to someone who will get the fun of driving effectively a luxurious German muscle car then someone who will part it out, especially to one of the Goons here who is happy to wrench on it. Please message me directly for extra pictures or any unanswered questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Does anyone near Northeast Ohio (or who wants to visit) have any interest in a 2016 Kia Forte 6-speed with about 53k miles in a fairly nice blue-grey color? I’ve added the factory cruise control buttons, tinted the windows, and had Bridgestone Quietrack tires (excellent tires, decent in the snow and very quiet) installed recently. It’s very much not beat to poo poo, didn’t look like it has any rust, plus I get an undercarriage wash fairly often, and drives great without any issues.

I’ll be selling it in a couple months when I move back to Oregon and would like to see it go to a good home. Awful app doesn’t let me post pictures but I’m happy to share with any interested parties. There’s also a good chance I’ll get around to doing a paint correction and detail at a friend’s house, so it’ll look bangin’.

For a goon, I’d entertain something in the ballpark of 8k. I’m into it for $9500 or so after tires/tint and that awful awful garbage called “sales tax” that Oregon doesn’t have.

Edit:// if I am asking too much, I’m open to offers.

RIP Paul Walker fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 11, 2021

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

EDIT: SOLD!

Not to steal any of RIP Paul Walker's thunder, but I also have a Kia I need to move.
Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area.
2008 Kia Spectra5 SX, 5-speed, blue outside, grey interior. All the options (because SX) except CD-changer, sunroof, and ABS (which were a package.) ~145K miles
Cruise, AC, PW, PDL w/ remote keyless, adjustable steering column. Everything works, but the keyless is sometimes spastic - I think the switch that lets you do central locking with the driver's door lock is playing up. It likes to re-lock after unlocking. AC is acceptable, heater is great. Radio has been replaced with a double DIN Pioneer with Bluetooth - factory radio will be included if desired.
Currently wearing Konig Rated-R wheels in the factory size (16x7, but a better offset, appearance-wise, in my opinion) with decent tires (Road Hugger eco tires, which are rebranded Kumhos, as I recall.) Factory wheels can be included if you pay to swap tires, or don't mind the completely worn out, dry-rotted tires on the original wheels. to be clear - with this option, you will need to stop by the tire shop on the way home.
Paint is decent. Clear coat has failed on the plastic parts (door handles, mirrors, rear spoiler, gas door,) which appears to be typical for this gen Kia Spectra. No idea why. The clear coat is fine on all the metal bits. It has been in a minor fender-bender, and the front bumper cover and driver's fender were replaced and resprayed, and the driver's headlight replaced. I keep records, so I can provide a spreadsheet. It runs great, drives great. Probably needs an alignment - I never did so after replacing the struts and lower control arms - and may need a clutch in another 10-20K miles. It's fine at the moment, but was replaced some time ago (can get exact date/mileage, of course.)

I really like the car. It's surprisingly fun to drive with the manual trans, and reasonably fuel-efficient, but I have an excess of cars, and something needs to go.

I could give more detail about anything if requested - just ask. This post is already long enough.

Asking $3500 as is, possible Goon discount. I still drive it ever couple of weeks to keep it from sitting too much, so mileage will increase slightly.
Pictures:

edit: had 'er washed and cleaned, oil changed, an I changed the timing belt. New pics after the wash.
Didn't clean the engine bay so potential buyer could see I'm not hiding any leaks or anything.

EDIT: SOLD!

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 2, 2021

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

RIP Paul Walker posted:

that awful awful garbage called “sales tax” that Oregon doesn’t have.

:whatup:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
What: 2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD Long Range with enhanced autopilot.

Price: $35,000 (What I owe on the loan.)
Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/17DazTA

The good:
- Excellent paint. It was just clayed, polished, and waxed.
- Excellent interior. No rips, tears, or damage to anything.
- No mechanical issues.
- Referral wheels! These are forged aluminum and quite unique!
- No panel alignment issues!

The not so good:
- A month ago a construction barrel hit the passenger side of the car on the freeway. The front bumper, door, and rear QP were replaced at the Tesla shop. There was no frame damage and I have full receipts of the repairs.

Thanks!

Edit* Sold to Spyder! What a great guy!

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 13, 2021

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Edit: the fuckers that run the F1 event website finally gave me my money back

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 22, 2021

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Any Canada goons interested in going to see the F1 race in Montreal, June 10-13? I bought tickets but Canada won’t let us filthy Americans into the country for tourism. It’s a pair of four-day passes including some pit lane/paddock access on Thursday, practice on Friday, qualifying on Saturday and race on Sunday. I paid $699 per ticket but I’d give a nice discount to a goon. Just have to figure out how to transfer them. PM me if interested.

I was planning on going with my mom... but yeah. America!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Any Canada goons interested in going to see the F1 race in Montreal, June 10-13? I bought tickets but Canada won’t let us filthy Americans into the country for tourism. It’s a pair of four-day passes including some pit lane/paddock access on Thursday, practice on Friday, qualifying on Saturday and race on Sunday. I paid $699 per ticket but I’d give a nice discount to a goon. Just have to figure out how to transfer them. PM me if interested.

Don't know if it's kosher / you've tried but you might find some takers in Canada LAN threads.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Don't know if it's kosher / you've tried but you might find some takers in Canada LAN threads.

I don’t venture much outside of AI. What are these threads?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I don’t venture much outside of AI. What are these threads?

Whole subform for regional threads:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=241

Toronto thread seems pretty active, but the others seem dead: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531349

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Whole subform for regional threads:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=241

Toronto thread seems pretty active, but the others seem dead: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531349

Best bet is to post it on the F1 thread in SaS: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963322

Just don't sell them to Literally Lewis Hamilton. He's already got the best seat in the house: Top step of the podium.

Or Khablam.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 1, 2021

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’m getting in there

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Never seemed to get around to the timing on my VW so I had it done professionally and they wouldn't use my parts.

Audi 2.8L 30Valve Timing Set
http://ebay.us/pAAkqB?cmpnId=5338273189
I think this is CONTITECH TB297LK1MI Pro Series on rockauto - $187.99 + cam seals and pulley tool

Goon price: $50 + shipping
Also buy a thermostat because its behind the timing belt.
Instructions: https://www.blauparts.com/blog/how-to-replace-audi-a4-timing-belt-installation-guide.html

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Selling the least AI car ever, my mom's 2007 Lexus ES 350. One owner, regularly serviced, 115k miles, grandma car - $8k goon price, PM me for more info. Located in Oregon.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

If you're in SEMI and you want a pair of Rhino ramps or a perfectly adequate Harbor Freight jack, I'm moving out of A2 and don't want to pay the movers to bring them to Boston so they can sit in the storage space under the stairs. Show up and give me like ten bucks and it's all yours. If you want me to bring them to you, within about an hour's drive, 20 bucks.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Sold! I'm very happy to hand it over to an AI poster :)

Is anybody in the Seattle area interested in a 1994 Mercedes Benz C220 with 106,000 miles? It's in pretty good shape, but being an old German car, has some stuff and some maintenance that needs to be done. In terms of actual driving it's been 100% reliable drivetrain, so far. I can elaborate if anybody is interested, otherwise I'm gonna sell it to Carmax.

edit: pic.

edit: I have someone coming to look at it Sunday! Thank you AI :)

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 14, 2021

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Just sold my '18 Civic Si coupe to Carvana, but I have some parts left over - should fit any 2016+ Honda Civic Coupe -
Album: https://imgur.com/a/ANR5lO6

Everything sold except the snow tires+wheels.

4X 17X8 ACHTUNG DM85 SILVER 17" alloy wheels with 225/50R-17 UNIROYAL TIGER PAW ICE & SNOW 3 Tires mounted - good life left, minor curb rash on 2 , used for 2 seasons - $600+ shipping (local pickup strongly preferred)

I can do local pickup or deliver in the NYC or Poconos, PA area, or ship.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Voltage fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 23, 2021

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I seem to be driving the minivan mostly these days, I need new homes for one or both of these before another child arrives in November:

Sold
For Sale: my 2002 VW Passat Wagon (182,000 miles) in Portland, OR
WVWWH63B72E109855 - CLEAN TITLE - $2700 or best offer - 5 speed manual

Picture album: https://imgur.com/a/iycIYoh

2019-12-23 Motor Mounts Replaced
2019-12-23 Transmission Mounts Replaced
2021-01-29 Timing Belt + Water Pump + Tensioner + Thermostat (MEINEKE)
2021-02-02 Shift knob
2021-03-01 Cargo Net
2021-03-01 LED plate lights
2021-03-20 Spark plugs replaced (platinum NGK)
2021-03-31 Oil Changed
2021-03-31 Oil Filter Changed

Engine Codes: P0036 (bad o2 or short in heater circuit)
I also have a carfax pdf from 2019 with more history

Sold
Also For Sale: my 2006 Scion xB (201,000 miles) in Portland, OR
JTLKT334X64121060 - REBUILT TITLE - $2500 or best offer - 5 speed manual

Picture album: https://imgur.com/a/2qHdPWY

2019-11-30 Thermostat
2019-11-18 Silicone Wiper Blades
2019-12-06 Spark Plugs (NGK Platinum)
2019-12-07 Changed brakes (RayBestos)
2019-12-14 Dashcam and HUD installed
2019-12-14 Undercarriage protection (Fluid Film)
2020-07-11 Clutch Kit (LUK 16079 {#16121, 622325500, L16079} RepSet)
2020-11-23 Rear wiper and Washer removal
2020-12-28 DIY color and clear (fender and hatch)

AC line needs repair or replacement. I know where the leak is if that is brazable
If you don't want the vanity plates, $200 discount

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 6, 2021

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Edit: SOLD

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 23, 2021

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Darchangel posted:

Not to steal any of RIP Paul Walker's thunder, but I also have a Kia I need to move.
Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area.
2008 Kia Spectra5 SX, 5-speed, blue outside, grey interior. All the options (because SX) except CD-changer, sunroof, and ABS (which were a package.) ~145K miles
Cruise, AC, PW, PDL w/ remote keyless, adjustable steering column. Everything works, but the keyless is sometimes spastic - I think the switch that lets you do central locking with the driver's door lock is playing up. It likes to re-lock after unlocking. AC is acceptable, heater is great. Radio has been replaced with a double DIN Pioneer with Bluetooth - factory radio will be included if desired.
Currently wearing Konig Rated-R wheels in the factory size (16x7, but a better offset, appearance-wise, in my opinion) with decent tires (Road Hugger eco tires, which are rebranded Kumhos, as I recall.) Factory wheels can be included if you pay to swap tires, or don't mind the completely worn out, dry-rotted tires on the original wheels. to be clear - with this option, you will need to stop by the tire shop on the way home.
Paint is decent. Clear coat has failed on the plastic parts (door handles, mirrors, rear spoiler, gas door,) which appears to be typical for this gen Kia Spectra. No idea why. The clear coat is fine on all the metal bits. It has been in a minor fender-bender, and the front bumper cover and driver's fender were replaced and resprayed, and the driver's headlight replaced. I keep records, so I can provide a spreadsheet. It runs great, drives great. Probably needs an alignment - I never did so after replacing the struts and lower control arms - and may need a clutch in another 10-20K miles. It's fine at the moment, but was replaced some time ago (can get exact date/mileage, of course.)

I really like the car. It's surprisingly fun to drive with the manual trans, and reasonably fuel-efficient, but I have an excess of cars, and something needs to go.

I could give more detail about anything if requested - just ask. This post is already long enough.

Asking $3500 as is, possible Goon discount. I still drive it ever couple of weeks to keep it from sitting too much, so mileage will increase slightly.
Pictures:

edit: had 'er washed and cleaned, oil changed, an I changed the timing belt. New pics after the wash.
Didn't clean the engine bay so potential buyer could see I'm not hiding any leaks or anything.

Up on Tred now, which handles $$ and paperwork: tred.co/8tYT

EDIT: SOLD! (via Tred)

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 2, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
poo poo wrong as gently caress thread

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 13, 2021

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Who needs an alignment machine?!

I’ve got an old FMC Visualiner II laser alignment machine in my shop in Portland that works fine but takes up too much space. I’ve got an entire second machine in boxes for parts.

$1000 if anyone is interested. The awful app is awful at uploading photos but I’ve got some I can text to you.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I have this old VW bug poster that I don't want to throw away. It's super loving hippy trippy poo poo but pretty neat. Was given to me by a boomer years ago so it's probably period correct. I will ship it for cost to some enthusiast. Just the poster in a tube, no frame.

Edit: gone!

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Oct 25, 2021

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Suburban Dad posted:

I have this old VW bug poster that I don't want to throw away. It's super loving hippy trippy poo poo but pretty neat. Was given to me by a boomer years ago so it's probably period correct. I will ship it for cost to some enthusiast. Just the poster in a tube, no frame.

PM sent

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I can do $2000 if deal is done before Wednesday (8/11) on my 2002 Passat

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 12, 2021

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Chunjee posted:

I can do $2000 if deal is done before Wednesday (8/11) on my 2002 Passat

Man, I was just thinking the other day about how those existed.

Too bad you're on the other coast.

Good luck with everything.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

SOLD

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 17, 2021

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

For years, I've wanted an alignment machine. That dream was realized several years ago, and in the meantime I learned that doing alignments on a 2-post lift is a real pain.

If anyone from SA is interested, I'm happy to entertain such things as lowball offers and trades for weird cars.

Pics can be found in the CL ad here: https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/tls/d/beaverton-alignment-machine/7373466303.html

Not too many more details I can share, I've only used it a small handful of times over the years and it seems to work fine.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Focus RS2 for sale Ft. Drum NY
54k miles injen intake, awe exhaust. Roof rack and Thule carrier. $33k

Melthir fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 28, 2021

MrDeSaussure
Jul 20, 2008
Just judging any interest. I've had a heck of a time finding a buyer on local Craigslist or Ebay.

I bought an Axis Air HobbyAir Buddy 80 complete kit for a project that never got off the ground, (a respray of a boat using 2K paint)

As I'm sure most of you know, there is NO safe respirator per all of the paint manufacturers and respirator manufacturers for spraying modern 2K paint, containing Isocyanates. This is a complete supplied air system designed for home hobbiests to spray toxic paints and finishes without killing themselves.

This is the manufacturers website and details about that specific model. I bought it with both a half-face standard mask, as well as a full Tyvek style hood to be work with a full paint suit.

They have never been used, never been work, never used for anything. Some parts of the kit are still in the original boxes.

https://axispro.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=42

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

edit: no longer available.

Man_of_Teflon fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 24, 2021

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Hi, thread, is there anyone here interested in old cars? I mean, proper old? I have these seven vintage car mags. Vintage, in terms of topics, and vintage in terms of publishing dates - these were all produced in the 1960s, and mainly focus on European cars, although there is some N. American interest. The bottom right, for example, has a great photo article on NY in the 1920s.

If you want them, claim them in the thread and PM me an address. I'll cover shipping.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I feel like LobsterBoyX should get right of first refusal on those ... he's definitely the old car guy.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I wouldn't be surprised if my dad had read those as a kid. His first car was a Model T. Are these for sale or gifts? I'd be interested in the one with "The International Story" on it for the cost of shipping rounded up.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
They're freebies - if it's only that one you want, let me have an address by PM, and I'll get it to you.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.

Krakkles posted:

I feel like LobsterBoyX should get right of first refusal on those ... he's definitely the old car guy.

ears were burning - as much as I would love to take those mags, euro cars don't really do it for me, and I have about 600lbs of vintage paper/mags already

but thank you nonetheless!

Copernic
Sep 16, 2006

...A Champion, who by mettle of his glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe...
My Dad got ahold of a 51 Chevrolet 3100 and is restoring it. Evidently he has been able to find originals or replica parts for every bit of it -- except for the horn. He says that finding the horn is next to impossible. They've got a horn from like a Nissan in there now.

I know little about vintage cars. But I thought I'd try to find this horn. Anyone have any idea where I could get one -- or where to find someone who might know?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I'd be really tempted to build a modern unit that provides the same sound if you can't find the original, but I'm also slowly working on doing that so I can make mine make weird noises at people.

Hell, I'd be tempted to load that sound - that's pretty cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qreQRydFw&t=54s (warning, loud)

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.

Copernic posted:

My Dad got ahold of a 51 Chevrolet 3100 and is restoring it. Evidently he has been able to find originals or replica parts for every bit of it -- except for the horn. He says that finding the horn is next to impossible. They've got a horn from like a Nissan in there now.

I know little about vintage cars. But I thought I'd try to find this horn. Anyone have any idea where I could get one -- or where to find someone who might know?

I know the one your talking about, its a big rear end horn with a huge mouth that bolts to the exhaust manifold.... finding them by name may be a bit difficult, if you know what they look like you may be able to snag one on ebay by searching things like "vintage car horn" or "old car horn" - lots of times I score big deals on high dollar vintage parts by searching for them with vague terms.

also, you could try Forebush - https://www.forbushvintageautoparts.com/ - he doesn't list everything he has on his site, but you can call or email and deal with his granddaughter who is very helpful, but guys like this know what they have so expect to pay for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I have a new in box dash cam: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NP8XQ31/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I paid $120 for it. The day it arrived I thought "I don't have time to install this, I'll do it later." The next day a Ford Ranger hit my Miata while I was parked and there was no way to prove he was at fault :(

Anyways, it's stayed unused in it's box and I'd like to pass it on to someone who will use it. Make me an offer!