Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Salean posted:

skippin 30000 posts to say buy my tanks guy

Clean clan history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Mahasamatman posted:

Started playing this again for the first time in 6 years. I'm lost. I have a lot of clan gold and premiums though. Is there a discord? Where do I look up stats for tank winrates? Are there mods I need to have like the old bush remover?

I sent you a private message. We can help you here and on the Discord if you like.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Mods are also being policed so use cheating mods at your own peril.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Mods are also being policed so use cheating mods at your own peril.

Mods are being policed the same way that Donald Trump is being the President.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Also beware. The official WoT discord and the community has gone full loving Chud. I was preaching about some of the WoT clans in our discord being incredibly racist when I went into clan wars for a little while. I decided it wasn't for me because the toxic behavior is just wrong. Of course WoT is going to do nothing about it so I would only play the game to have fun and stick with us.

Pansy is the most hated clan in all of WoT and we love it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

With this non-sense crew 2.0 system, is there anyway to game the system with crews? I got people just living in the barracks that aren't assigned to anything but do I need to buy low tier tanks and toss them in it to get maximum value?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BadLlama posted:

With this non-sense crew 2.0 system, is there anyway to game the system with crews? I got people just living in the barracks that aren't assigned to anything but do I need to buy low tier tanks and toss them in it to get maximum value?

No matter where they are they will be munched.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
World of Warplanes is mostly MAGA free and is still all chat. It's also mostly bots though so trash talk isn't viable.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

RandomPauI posted:

World of Warplanes is mostly MAGA free and is still all chat. It's also mostly bots though so trash talk isn't viable.

It's just not a WG if there's not someone calling me an "F***** N***** HACKER!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!" in a message after each match.

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!
I started playing this a bit when it hit Steam and it's been fun-ish. I only just figured out that your crew doesn't lose their skills when you retrain them to another tank. So yeah, that's how it's going.

Are there any other basic mechanics I should know that might not be obvious?
And could I get an invite to the discord and whichever clan is active in NA?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Do you understand the spotting mechanics? That's probably the most important aspect for being good at the game.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

Do you understand the spotting mechanics? That's probably the most important aspect for being good at the game.

I don't even think the people who coded the spotting mechanics understand them, and it's only going to get worse *when* Crew 2.0 and field modifications goes live.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I mean, they're dumb as hell, but I understand them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdFSuP6HSTU&t=1471s

:allears:

I do love that tank.

Caf
May 21, 2004

McGavin posted:

Maybe?

It seems like you spot from above your tank and you can see tanks if they are behind one bush but not multiple.

E: \/\/ Thanks, that was super helpful.

Caf fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 8, 2021

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This is a pretty good overview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qrQ1UPltXg

Also, make sure you have the view range circles on your minimap turned on.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007

Caf posted:

I started playing this a bit when it hit Steam and it's been fun-ish. I only just figured out that your crew doesn't lose their skills when you retrain them to another tank. So yeah, that's how it's going.

I also would be interested in the discord/clan if possible.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Caf posted:

Hoppy Goodness posted:

I also would be interested in the discord/clan if possible.

Post your IGNs here, I'll send you clan invites if one of the recruiters doesn't get to it first.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Looked through my imgur files and forgot i had this

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007

Atomizer posted:

Post your IGNs here, I'll send you clan invites if one of the recruiters doesn't get to it first.

IGN JesusMondo , thanks!

Caf
May 21, 2004

Atomizer posted:

_Caf

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
I managed to get keep a tryhard reroll going on a tier 10/9 Studzianki. They complained from the start about the team and did it all game, without doing anything much else.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5983451#studzianki-foxtrot_13-object_705

Plus his stats are very interesting. Almost nothing played below tier 8.

https://en.wot-life.com/eu/player/Schollii-510581079/

After talking poo poo about me no follow up message.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Might be a try hard, but 30k games is a bit much for a reroll.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Anyone who kills you is a re-roll.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Anyone who kills you is a re-roll.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I was called a re-roll. It always brought a smile to my face considering I have a beta account :allears:.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of beta, I found a folder of old WoT screenshot from at least ten years ago.

Matchmaking wonders:

Old battle result screen:

End of closed beta stats:

First battle after the game went live:

More MM wonders:

Trigger warning - before WG implemented artillery limit of three, battles like this were common:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

I can count on one hand the amount of times I was called a re-roll. It always brought a smile to my face considering I have a beta account :allears:.

Yeah, as do I, but I have sub-10k battles even now, so I got called one a LOT despite a first-day April 2011 reg date.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I never get called a reroll. I do get people who encourage me to uninstall

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Going up the Czech heavy line. Whose with me

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

By going up the line you mean just using all your millions of blue prints right?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

By going up the line you mean just using all your millions of blue prints right?

I do not have a lot of Universal blueprints. I have a ton of the national blueprints but it does not matter if you dont have the universal ones.

So no.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hoppy Goodness posted:

IGN JesusMondo , thanks!

Alright, invites sent. Once you accept you can ask anyone in the clan chat for a discord invite.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Katamari Democracy posted:

I do not have a lot of Universal blueprints. I have a ton of the national blueprints but it does not matter if you dont have the universal ones.

So no.

That's impossible, Wargaming specifically said that people have too many universal fragments and BEGGED them not to give them any more.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Anyone with most of the tech trees researched has thousands of universal blueprints that they can't use.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wow, Skoda T 25 just as worthless as I remember from before.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

This is a bad opinion.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The worst opinion.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

:hmmwrong:

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007

Atomizer posted:

Alright, invites sent. Once you accept you can ask anyone in the clan chat for a discord invite.

Didn't seem to arrive on JesusMondo for some reason.

EDIT: Disregard, I found it, thanks!

Hoppy Goodness fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

brb, turning off accelerated crew training on 368 tanks.