Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I've never seen Roman's Twitter threads, are they always this horny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

projecthalaxy posted:

AEW Heroclix, why not done?

Wrong company, and Wizkids has got a deal with the WWE already for WWE 'clix already. The first set was pretty good! The second has apparently been infinitely delayed, presumably because of the pandemic. :negative:

(I would 100% buy into some kind of AEW tabletop game if it happened though.)

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

JT Smiley posted:

I've never seen Roman's Twitter threads, are they always this horny?

https://twitter.com/JeffVsTheWorld/status/1417148880752463872

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vandar posted:

Wrong company, and Wizkids has got a deal with the WWE already for WWE 'clix already. The first set was pretty good! The second has apparently been infinitely delayed, presumably because of the pandemic. :negative:

(I would 100% buy into some kind of AEW tabletop game if it happened though.)

Get Cutler and Leva on this, stat!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alan_Shore posted:

You couldn't be more wrong lol

Wow so special! Hangman beat a guy that already got beat by a bunch of losers

So special
lol if only there was some kind of context to what I said, like Page costing him titles like I said in the post you quoted.

Antagonist slowly crumbling due to hubris is a perfectly fine story. "Protagonist gets a shot, wins" is special to you?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

lol if only there was some kind of context to what I said, like Page costing him titles like I said in the post you quoted.

Antagonist slowly crumbling due to hubris is a perfectly fine story. "Protagonist gets a shot, wins" is special to you?

WWE booking has dulled your senses

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
it's very good and heroic to show up to places you don't work to help people cheat to beat your rival, so you can cause him stress in order to make beating him yourself easier

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Really dumb to change things last minute like this and make Hangman look weak now that we know they scrapped the main event. Real Lex Luger Express poo poo. Might have been smarter to have DB and/or Punk get the rub from Omega and then lose to the new dominant baby face champion.

Because what's the draw or even build for All Out now? CM Punk is going to make his first appearance on Rampage on August 20th and they aren't going to hotshot him into the main with such a short build, even if they give him a nice spot. Jericho vs MJF sounds great, but that's a (amazing) opener, not a main event match? Is it going to be Christian and Omega now? Come on! Likewise what's the feud for the other tag belt holders: Miro and the Young Bucks? They just have ONE big match now, and I dunno maybe a hint DB is going to appear in New York?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mox is apparently promising something wild for the Cincinatti show. Are they gonna get Onita?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

NutritiousSnack posted:

make Hangman look weak

please stop

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the rub.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly TK putting death matches on TV has me, a death match lover, feeling too strong. When do I get G-Raver on AEW? When does Kenny take the Zona 23 hardcore championship?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

This is a feud you can stretch out but NOT put on the back burner though! Page is going to be spinning his wheels while Omega fights Christan or from a more wild card main eventer like Kingston. I mean I'd like the later and if ANYONE could make a quick, but great build towards it: it would be him, but not when the result would be so obvious.

Ask yourself this: if this doesn't resolve or at least continue at All Out, who does Hangman wrestle with that doesn't make look like he ceded to the Elite or is sulking? How do you get both of them good matches with heat behind them at All Out? What are the big matches at All Out outside of the MJF/Jericho one?

Cavauro posted:

the rub.

Good own? What big things is going to happen at All-Out then outside of either Punk having his second or first match with Darby and Jericho/MJF?

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 31, 2021

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
AEW has some weird stuff like Abaddon, but I’ve never had someone sign a contract that wasn’t theirs in order to get a match. John Cena did that on SmackDown, and I really wish I could confine my bafflement to one thread but I can’t.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

This is a feud you can stretch out but NOT put on the back burner though! Page is going to be spinning his wheels while Omega fights Christan or from a more wild card main eventer like Kingston. I mean I'd like the later and if ANYONE could make a quick, but great build towards it: it would be him, but not when the result would be so obvious.

Ask yourself this: if this doesn't resolve or at least continue at All Out, who does Hangman wrestle with that doesn't make look like he ceded to the Elite or is sulking? How do you get both of them good matches with heat behind them at All Out? What are the big matches at All Out outside of the MJF/Jericho one?

Punk vs. Darby

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

(Reiterating) A few more takes from the elimanation match unrelated to Hangman or his push.

1) Am I the only one that noticed that Team Dark order couldn't even properly eliminate both Good Brothers. Anderson gets pinned then Gallows is all 'yeah him and Stu are counted out whatever'. They wouldn't even give them that much. Gallows too drat important to eat pins I guess.
2) They're actually telegraphing Elite match results based on whether Don is on commentary. GB vs Mox/Eddie, no Don. Mox vs Karl, no Don. Eddie/Penta vs Young Bucks? No Don. If the Elite lose and it's not Cutler or Nak eating the pin Don isn't there.
3) So The Bucks literally* dunking on a returning John Silver then pinning him. The End. No moral. I didn't like it. Well I sorta did. It was a fun as hell spot and visual. But I feel like if any other booker (or EVP) in any company did that we'd be making GBS threads on it much harder.

*Or at least trying and failing.

Unrelated thoughts:
1) So Cody beating Black and saving Shotty from Miro later in the night, setting him up to potentially win back the TNT title? Is this on the table? Should it be? (probably not).
2) Have we heard any word on how Cash Wheeler is doing?
3) Ok so there are 3 kinds of dental professionals. Dental hygenists do cleanings, DDS's do extractions, root canals and the like. What does a DMD do? I mean I figure fillings and braces but what else?
4) Why are we bothering with QT Marshall and Tony Schiavone? Why are we bothering with QT Marshall? There are way better people grinding on the Dark shows to put on TV than him. Where does this go? Who saves Tony? Britt can't because no intergender (And we talk about her being a face but does that seem in-character for her?). If she somehow does; are they going to ditch the whole Mark Sterling thing and just have Jade join The Factory?

One Hangmin-related thought:
1) Hangmin clobbering Matt at All-Out would do a lot to quell my umbrage. Hangmin directly calling Matt out for his bullshit (instead of just punching him) would also help. Hangman actually saying 'You guys were lovely friends' is long overdue.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Unless Matt pulls double duty that would mean no tag title defense at All Out and the tag titles are spinning their wheels enough as it is.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I demand them getting Onita to make their next exploding ring match

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Doing Hangman vs Matt Jackson is some real "We have a Hangman vs Elite feud at home" poo poo. Everyone was absolutely red hot for the Kenny match after several weeks of great segments and if you don't deliver that match, anything else is going to be disappointing. I'm not dropping money on All Out to see Hangman Page wrestle Matt loving Jackson or Omega wrestle Christian (who I love, but this isn't the time). Luckily I still think they're going to do Kenny vs Hangman because they'd be idiots to tee it up like they have and then just not go through with it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A talking coyote posted:

Unless Matt pulls double duty that would mean no tag title defense at All Out and the tag titles are spinning their wheels enough as it is.

I think an FTR vs. Santana and Ortiz match would be an acceptable replacement with enough stakes. Especially if Santana and Ortiz are being built up to take the titles off of the Bucks.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 31, 2021

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

I'm in camp "Dark Order Shouldn't Have Lost" too but to assume that Kenny gets a title defense against anyone and they won't somehow tie Page to that match, even if only to show his reactions or something to push the story along, let alone do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with him to further his character in the month between now and All Out, is insanely pessimistic. Page has beef with everyone in the Elite, you could send him against any of them if you need to hold off on his Omega fight.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NutritiousSnack posted:

Good own? What big things is going to happen at All-Out then outside of either Punk having his second or first match with Darby and Jericho/MJF?

what do you mean?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Hangman should beat both bucks 2v1 on his way to Kenny imo.
They're just as much bastard men as him.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

We don't know but they have time to build up the match card. They've delivered on PPVs so why sweat it?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Lethrom posted:

I'm in camp "Dark Order Shouldn't Have Lost" too but to assume that Kenny gets a title defense against anyone and they won't somehow tie Page to that match, even if only to show his reactions or something to push the story along, let alone do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with him to further his character in the month between now and All Out, is insanely pessimistic. Page has beef with everyone in the Elite, you could send him against any of them if you need to hold off on his Omega fight.

Having make a weepy loser face at a PPV isn't exactly going to help.

Like again: having lost but now upping the ante and PUTTING HIS ENTIRE CAREER ON THE LINE is a great story even if there is a Dusty finish (just put the match lower on the card) so it doesn't get upstaged by Punk wrestling and either a Daniel Bryan promo/appearance/hint for Ashe. That's fair now the cat is out of the bag. But beating one of the goon squad in a mid card match isn't really riveting or important. That's why they are there.

I mean here's a solution (and also why it won't work unless they REALLY work on it) Hangman doesn't just wrestler Matt; he and some other member of the Dark Order win the tag belts off them and Kenny is successfully baited into challenging him. EXCEPT...well how is Omega going to get that match after the previous strip? Is going to put his career on the line so he could own people Omega is still friends with. And it makes the Tag-Belts looks less important. He needs to do something that hurts The Elite big time to not look like a chump from his previous loss, and remind people after Omega beats his holdover feud that he is still in the title picture and on Omega's radar.

Beating a tag wrestler in a single's match doesn't do that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I would really love a Hangman vs Matt Jackson singles match, that sounds really good. Him vs both of the Bucks in singles matches actually. The 5 Elite Labors of Hangman, in which the final labor is getting Gallows to do a clean job.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Crapple! posted:

I'm not dropping money on All Out

thank you for posting this again today

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Crapple! posted:

Doing Hangman vs Matt Jackson is some real "We have a Hangman vs Elite feud at home" poo poo. Everyone was absolutely red hot for the Kenny match after several weeks of great segments and if you don't deliver that match, anything else is going to be disappointing. I'm not dropping money on All Out to see Hangman Page wrestle Matt loving Jackson or Omega wrestle Christian (who I love, but this isn't the time). Luckily I still think they're going to do Kenny vs Hangman because they'd be idiots to tee it up like they have and then just not go through with it.

I don't love it but if they're not pulling the trigger at All-Out it's the best we can hope for there. The problem with the tag titles is the Bucks have either beaten every credible contender or said contenders are injured. It's hard to call Fenix/Penta credible at this point because the Elite spent most of this year beating almost every other configuration of Death Triangle. And they seem to be busy with Andrade anyway. PnP could have used the momentum from beating FTR to get into the title picture but that...didn't happen. (Wardlow should have gone over Hager instead if you don't want every non-MJF person in the Pinnacle to eat a loss). Dark Order needed a big win here to become even remotely credible title threats, stipulations aside. At this point pretty much every tag team in the company fails the 'credible challenger' optics test. Except FTR but they almost botched the build to their last match because Matt and Nick were playing heel and there was no rooting interest. Now that they're the biggest heels in the company it will be even worse.

MassRafTer posted:

I would really love a Hangman vs Matt Jackson singles match, that sounds really good. Him vs both of the Bucks in singles matches actually. The 5 Elite Labors of Hangman, in which the final labor is getting Gallows to do a clean job.

I don't get it. Festus don't need protecting. Festus needs to look at the drat lights.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alan_Shore posted:

WWE booking has dulled your senses
"WWE brain" is really the go-to for "I disagree" in AEW threads, isn't it. I haven't watched WWE in years. I was thinking more along the lines of paralleling Ibushi's booking after the first Golden Lovers split, where he spread himself too thin between multiple promotions. But yeah sure, my idea is totally to have Kenny job to the jobbiest jobbers in the world with no booking or context. You sure got me there.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

graph posted:

thank you for posting this again today

Crapple is progressing through grief, give it time.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

We don't know but they have time to build up the match card. They've delivered on PPVs so why sweat it?

I'm not doubting they can and will, but they sucked out a lot of heat from this PPV for no reason. There is a middle ground between: Five and four star matches back and back, making a classic PPV or WWE Monthly PPV number #4

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, sounds great for Rampage and Dynamite, not for All Out.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't know why people are assuming FTR vs. Santana and Ortiz was a one-and-done.

https://twitter.com/Santana_Proud/status/1421145229797859330

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
its friday night time to relax and post about how mad i am

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It's a bad idea. Let it go.

You want Hangman to be the absolute first person to beat Omega. Not the loving second or third. Come on

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

it's funny how nobody lost their poo poo when hangman lost to brian cage in 6 minutes even though he was more protected in his loss in the 10-man

but now apparently he's a big weak loser despite only losing 3v1, after they cheated, and getting hit with the move nobody has kicked out of

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I have faith in AEW's booking. This whole thing is pretty weird.
We haven't even seen Hangman's reaction.

e:

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

it's funny how nobody lost their poo poo when hangman lost to brian cage in 6 minutes even though he was more protected in his loss in the 10-man

but now apparently he's a big weak loser despite only losing 3v1, after they cheated, and getting hit with the move nobody has kicked out of

Exactly. It's not like Kenny beat him 1v1 clean.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

yeah lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hangman is a cool handsome guy I wanna hang out with and maybe he'll let me touch his world title when he wins it in a couple of months

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

neoaxd posted:

I have faith in AEW's booking. This whole thing is pretty weird.
We haven't even seen Hangman's reaction.

e:

Exactly. It's not like Kenny beat him 1v1 clean.

We actually did, some BTE spoilers leaked as Hangman cut a promo in front of the crowd after Elevation. The mods gave me permission to post it without tags.

Adam "Hangman" Page: "I'm a Stupid Moron With an Ugly Face and a Big Butt and My Butt Smells and I Like to Smell My Own Butt."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Looking like you lost a big, hot feud vs setting up a temporary back-burner one to tease a faction split up and give some time for the top guy in the company to hold onto the belt and increase credibility is a big one.