Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

probably making it a bigger deal than it is outside my little bubble. i'll stop being a debbie downer now

that undertaker tweet looks like a wwe.com headline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/yukasakazaki/status/1421040713077202945?s=21

What happened? Was she only here for a couple of shows?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
A month long excursion, partially at least to keep her out of the Princess Cup while also heat checking how crowds react to the joshi after a long layover.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I think Emi Sakura's one way ticket might have gotten an assist form Yuka having a good showing.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I was hoping Yuka would get a shot at revenge on Britt, but alas.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

PublicOpinion posted:

I was hoping Yuka would get a shot at revenge on Britt, but alas.

I wonder if her wrist injury prevented that from happening.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Ghetto vaccinations? How is the vaccine rollout going in Japan?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

Ghetto vaccinations? How is the vaccine rollout going in Japan?

Cyberfight's people got their second jab (TJPW included) of the vaccine while Yuka was in the US.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

I wonder if her wrist injury prevented that from happening.

I don't think it was ever the plan because Britt was busy with Nyla. I think it was probably mostly a way to gauge reactions and reintroduce her to the AEW audience to see if it would be worth bringing her back later in the year if possible to reignite that feud.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

karmicknight posted:

I think Emi Sakura's one way ticket might have gotten an assist form Yuka having a good showing.

The funny thing is the story Emi told in her livestream interview is that she's been waiting for interest from AEW and finally decided to check in with Nakazawa if AEW still wanted her and he said there was basically an open invitation and she could have asked way earlier.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

lol that reminds me of her getting signed in that she thought it was a one off but it was actually something more.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lmao.

powerful stuff out of Jacksonville.

I can see now why Emi is coming around.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

emi is cool but yuka is def the person that I wish stuck around longer, crowd was actually shockingly into her in Texas

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Did Yuka work heel in AEW? She's at her best when being a relentless bully

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

Did Yuka work heel in AEW? She's at her best when being a relentless bully

Sadly, Yuka's form in AEW is happy beloved babyface.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 31, 2021

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

TJPW doesn’t really have a face/heel dynamic at play (except for Neo-Bishiikigun, who are heel by default), but that said yes, if you love Bully Yuka, you’ll find a ton more to love with her TJPW matches.

E: gently caress, misread the sentence. Pretend they were asking the opposite question :v:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

karmicknight posted:

Sadly, Yuka's form in AEW is happy beloved babyface.

fuckin boo, that's like 10% of her full power

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

fuckin boo, that's like 10% of her full power

She got a match with AEW's Mechanic Rookie that I was hoping would turn into prime level Yuka.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

If you don't like Yuka at her AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY you don't deserve her at her AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY. :colbert:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Shard posted:

I swear to god you'll probably see this "Well it didn't beat Smackdown so it doesn't count." Then when it does beat Smackdown if it didn't beat raw that same week "Well it didn't beat Raw no big deal." Then when it beats both in the same week, "it was only one week, who cares."

Inevitable. We're going to be dealing with this until Khan sells WWE to Bezos or something.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

yuka is a aew legend for the sad wrestling face after riho pushed her over that one time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NuclearPotato posted:

TJPW doesn’t really have a face/heel dynamic at play (except for Neo-Bishiikigun, who are heel by default)

Not too sure about that, large swaths of the roster have got rude as hell in the month Yuka's been away

bartok
May 10, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

Inevitable. We're going to be dealing with this until Khan sells WWE to Bezos or something.

read that as Khan sells WWE for Benzos

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

bartok posted:

tk gonna black out and buy a grand piano on ebay like that one poor goon

only instead of a grand piano on ebay it's a baseball team

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

bartok posted:

At this rate, this is also somehow a possibility

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/m4rvelgirl/status/1420984872852668418

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Leaving your home to go to another hemisphere to wrestle 3(?) matches over the course of a month seems somewhat...counterproductive?
Did she wrestle elsewhere?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Leaving your home to go to another hemisphere to wrestle 3(?) matches over the course of a month seems somewhat...counterproductive?
Did she wrestle elsewhere?

Nope, it was pretty much just a good excuse to keep her from eating a loss in the tournament.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Unless something drastic has happened, Joshis make very little in direct payments from promotions. Even at her height of success in Stardom, Io made most of her money from photobooks and the like

Going to the US to raise your profile and make American booking rates is a pretty good deal for the AEW affiliated Joshi

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Critical posted:

maybe i'm pearl clutching here, but continuing to be horny on main for someone who does not want the attention, whether it be kayfabe or not, is not a good look. esp when all the blizzard poo poo hit the fan earlier this week and is making national news
you're pearl clutching, they're super tight and came up through brian myers wrestling school together

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

DLC Inc posted:

emi is cool but yuka is def the person that I wish stuck around longer, crowd was actually shockingly into her in Texas

Emi has strong ties with Riho and Shida, so I am way more interested in what they have in store with her. Also, I think she is a much better wrestler and she can help train some of the greener women talent AEW has

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Duke Pukem posted:

Emi has strong ties with Riho and Shida, so I am way more interested in what they have in store with her. Also, I think she is a much better wrestler and she can help train some of the greener women talent AEW has

She's also over for a much longer period of time.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
mjf's last labor for jericho is just to please beat up max caster for him

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you're pearl clutching, they're super tight and came up through brian myers wrestling school together

ah cool! didn't know they had history together

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Critical posted:

ah cool! didn't know they had history together

Well, they'd have to since MJF is Max's boyfriend.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

That's more about their future together.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Cerebral Bore posted:

This needs to stop.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Critical posted:

maybe i'm pearl clutching here, but continuing to be horny on main for someone who does not want the attention, whether it be kayfabe or not, is not a good look.

yah

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1421331220160520194?s=20

Sami working heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

looks like a face tweet to me