Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

Hangman is a cool handsome guy I wanna hang out with and maybe he'll let me touch his world title when he wins it in a couple of months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gently caress hangman!!!! he sucks!!! i never want to see him on my screen ever again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sticklefifer posted:

"WWE brain" is really the go-to for "I disagree" in AEW threads, isn't it. I haven't watched WWE in years. I was thinking more along the lines of paralleling Ibushi's booking after the first Golden Lovers split, where he spread himself too thin between multiple promotions. But yeah sure, my idea is totally to have Kenny job to the jobbiest jobbers in the world with no booking or context. You sure got me there.

Your idea is for Kenny to, after not being pinned for over a year, after beating Hangman, both Lucha Bros, PAC, Orange Cassidy, Jungle Boy, and Jon Moxley twice to give all of the creative capital for that to a different company and to do it in a way where the guy from the other company isn't even beating Omega clean, he's getting Hangman's help to do it. And Hangman's triumphant catharsis over Omega comes in a match he's not involved in, where he gains nothing from the result.

It is an idea that gets literally nobody over. It's the kind of thing someone would say if you said "lol how would WWE book Omega's belt collector storyline" as a joke.

It's so bad. Please keep defending it, it's really funny.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

everyone who fantasy books in these threads is the dumbest person alive and then they get really mad and accuse you of fantasy booking when you call them that its really funny

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Y'all think next Wednesday will have story beats continuing what we saw this week?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Y'all think next Wednesday will have story beats continuing what we saw this week?

GEE I DUNNO

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, probably not

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

I don't get it. Festus don't need protecting. Festus needs to look at the drat lights.

That doesn’t work for me, brother.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

no, next week they're gonna have Tony Khan and Cody out in the ring with all the other wrestlers and they're gonna announce all of the titles are vacated and every storyline is being dumped and restarted fresh

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Big if.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

no, next week they're gonna have Tony Khan and Cody out in the ring with all the other wrestlers and they're gonna announce all of the titles are vacated and every storyline is being dumped and restarted fresh

Cody: "And Fuego's gone. We cut him. It wasn't working. Oh boo hoo this is real life not the vlog"

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

I don't know why people are assuming FTR vs. Santana and Ortiz was a one-and-done.

https://twitter.com/Santana_Proud/status/1421145229797859330

They obviously didn't get to do the match they wanted to do, so I would be shocked if they didn't run it back. They should really have PnP win the next one though.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dynamite is now an anthology series with a new storyline and characters ever week.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Crapple! posted:

They obviously didn't get to do the match they wanted to do, so I would be shocked if they didn't run it back. They should really have PnP win the next one though.

I've been assuming they're gonna have a match at All Out which is 2/3 falls and that's always been the plan.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gumball Gumption posted:

Pretty sure we’re due for a Chaos Project main event, so they’ll probably just keep up with Snakeman and Pointman and their backstage hijinks.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hell, I'll one-up you and say we'll get something on Monday!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Dynamite is now an anthology series with a new storyline and characters ever week.

Red Shoe Diaries from NJPW

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

I've been assuming they're gonna have a match at All Out which is 2/3 falls and that's always been the plan.

This would honestly be pretty rad. I can't recall ever seeing a 2/3 falls tag match.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

AEW Dynamite Presents

Les Misérables

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Crapple! posted:

This would honestly be pretty rad. I can't recall ever seeing a 2/3 falls tag match.

If you've never watched the Okada vs Omega series check it out. They do a 2/3 falls match.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Could someone post the modern warfare 2 boycott steam group screenshot but make it say “not buying all out 2021” but then everyone is actually watching it, thanks

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Crapple! posted:

FTR had 2/3 falls matches against both American Alpha and DIY in NXT and both were very good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Crapple! posted:

One of The Revival's most lauded matches is a 2/3 falls with DIY.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I've seen a few singles 2/3 falls (not Omega vs Okada though) just never a tag one....I don't think. Unless I saw one back when I watched WWE and forgot about it because they make everything completely forgettable

Edit: Yeah I never saw FTR vs DIY but I heard it whips.

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 31, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

As someone who loves tag team wrestling, I cannot stress enough how much I love the finish to this one especially,

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Crapple! posted:

I've seen a few singles 2/3 falls (not Omega vs Okada though) just never a tag one....I don't think. Unless I saw one back when I watched WWE and forgot about it because they make everything completely forgettable

Oh shoot gotcha! Uh yeah, Revival vs DIY is absolutely the one I would recommend like people said. Incredible match.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

God, that era of NXT was so good. A real shame about... everything.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

NutritiousSnack posted:

I'm not doubting they can and will, but they sucked out a lot of heat from this PPV for no reason. There is a middle ground between: Five and four star matches back and back, making a classic PPV or WWE Monthly PPV number #4

Yeah, sounds great for Rampage and Dynamite, not for All Out.

Is the issue with the potential of Hangman not being in the main event of All Out against Kenny?

All Out 2021 is September 5. With Rampage coming soon, they have a potential of 8 shows to build Hangman up again for the PPV. Let's see how Hangman deals with the loss before not being happy about this.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Just to reiterate, WWE doesn't consider AEW competition and they are extremely not gotten to

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1421323155055030275

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Crapple! posted:

Boy, is this your lucky day.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60rh7x

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nah we all know AEW is just a reboot of Wrestling Society X with a bigger budget

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Crapple! posted:

Just to reiterate, WWE doesn't consider AEW competition and they are extremely not gotten to

please let it be really funny

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Crapple! posted:

lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It would be lame but very easy to just straightforwardly say "We don't think it's good that our competitor has people legitimately cutting themselves and using ungimmicked weapons on a regular basis," and you could probably get people to bite on that being kind of weird to put on TV

Instead they ran a clandestine operation trying to tsk tsk the very funny juxtaposition of a pizza cutter spot and an actual pizza commercial, and they managed to only get it planted in a poorly written article on a weird website nobody's heard of, making it easy for multiple people to immediately connect the dots. In this moment, I am very glad WWE works in the bizarre way that it does

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

This was awesome! I had a feeling DIY were going to win because of how much punishment Gargano took. Would have felt very lopsided if FTR won after that. That chop block near the end was brutal as hell and it was refreshing to see someone sell a leg "injury" the way he did rather than just ignore it after a point which I think happens too much.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Crapple! posted:

Oh hey they're bringing back the classics they used back during the war with JCP. I'm not shocked at all...

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MJeff posted:

It's so bad. Please keep defending it, it's really funny.
Right back at your weird hyperbole, because I guess you're trying to make me mad about this or something? :confused: The kayfabe reason Kenny has all those wins isn't his in-ring ability. The question has never been whether he's beatable, it's whether he's beatable by Page. And he's not, for as long as he's got his full armor. Not sure how slowly taking away his armor over time is "WWE", but you can agree to disagree without being a douche about it.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

just watched this for the first time and while it is indeed very excellent, my main takeaway was how impressive shape hair ftr got into since then

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if there's one thing people posting in the aew discussion thread loves its hyperbole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

if there's one thing people posting in the aew discussion thread loves its hyperbole

gently caress you, this is the absolute worst thing anyone has posted in this thread