Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have now bet all of my savings that we get Kenny Omega versus Luther at All Out

It's the only option left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
👉 😛

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

🤪👈

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Crapple! posted:

Just to reiterate, WWE doesn't consider AEW competition and they are extremely not gotten to

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1421323155055030275

Going through back channels to gently caress with sponsors is the exact same thing as making fun of something in a promo. I'm a very smart and serious person who understands things, as evidenced by the skull profile picture on this Twitter account.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NutritiousSnack posted:

Good own? What big things is going to happen at All-Out then outside of either Punk having his second or first match with Darby and Jericho/MJF?

probably nothing, tony schiavone said all out is a "two match card" and now we finally know what he meant

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

Right back at your weird hyperbole, because I guess you're trying to make me mad about this or something? :confused: The kayfabe reason Kenny has all those wins isn't his in-ring ability. The question has never been whether he's beatable, it's whether he's beatable by Page. And he's not, for as long as he's got his full armor. Not sure how slowly taking away his armor over time is "WWE", but you can agree to disagree without being a douche about it.

its bad. it was explained why it was bad. youre focused on the wwe part of the explanation but i think wwe would even have more sense. its bad booking because it makes everyone look like a fool, including the booker

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I just want the cowboy to win and this "Storytelling" thing is just an excuse by cowards to not give me what I want big yeehaw.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
tony khan had a chance for this to be a big yeehawt story but now its big yeecold

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ppl are a lot nicer in the wwe thread

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Crapple! posted:

Just to reiterate, WWE doesn't consider AEW competition and they are extremely not gotten to

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1421323155055030275

vince back on his old scooby doo villain schtick

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You should note down everyone who said they're not gonna get the PPV and probate them for :files: if you see them post in the gdt

I don't know what that emote code is and I'm not looking it up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MotU posted:

its bad. it was explained why it was bad. youre focused on the wwe part of the explanation but i think wwe would even have more sense. its bad booking because it makes everyone look like a fool, including the booker

just because they're too far gone off the deep end to make the mistake doesn't really count, that's unfair

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

The posters who are insistent that Adam Page has now been banished to mid card hell are very tedious

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hangman Page is a midcarder. And I don't know how to accept that.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JT Smiley posted:

The Elite coming down to the ring looking like Extras in a Jock Jams ad might be my favorite moment in the history of professional wrestling.

I'm getting tired of the Elite winning constantly by cheating, but that ring entrance was insanely good. And also turbo-lol at some Twitter idiots trying to do a "when WWE has zombies eat a guy it's bad but when AEW promotes Space Jam it's supposed to be good".

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

who the gently caress wants zombies in anything anymore

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Cavauro posted:

This week broke a lot of people

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I want zombies in hell!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

IcePhoenix posted:

You should note down everyone who said they're not gonna get the PPV and probate them for :files: if you see them post in the gdt

its :filez: : filez : op

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Cavauro posted:

I want zombies in hell!
perfect for wwe then

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

IcePhoenix posted:

Some real strong WWE snitching to Dominos energy here.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I cant believe Adam Page didnt overcome the odds and beat 3 main event level talent who had not only the superior numbers on their side but also had to cheat to win.

What a jabroni.

Can we go back to discussing whether or not Jerichos mask was blackface-adjacent? Its too early to pivot to womens division dissatisfaction.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Cavauro posted:

There's a whole wrestling subforum for people who like to be nice and have fun, friend

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
This can all be saved with a battle royale to determine Omega's next opponent, the winner being a masked luchador, who unmasks to reveal...

Dean Malenko!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Alaois posted:

everyone who fantasy books in these threads is the dumbest person alive and then they get really mad and accuse you of fantasy booking when you call them that its really funny

:yeah:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

let's go hangman hangman sucks

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
hangman and frankie vs. good brothers, if they win good brothers leave AEW

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Can we discuss that Nick Gage was in a TV main event and managed to upset the management of Dominos pizza. Wrestling has crossed into TEW/e-fed territory in a major way.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Everyone's mad about Hangman, but I'm over here steamed that DO didn't get the pin on a single member of The Elite.

Also p sure that Hangman is gonna be fine rofl

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm exited about next AEW Dynamite and I'll watch everything they throw at me at this point :buddy:

But I demand Silver and Maki Itoh being a tag team!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I really, really, really want MJF to try and stiff Nick Gage on his payment because he didn't beat Jericho, and now Nick Gage is the loving paperboy from Better Off Dead.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Extremely lol that WWE tried to sabotage AEW through back-channels but instead revealed themselves and only accomplished giving AEW (and Domino's, those ingrates) free publicity.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Extremely lol that WWE tried to sabotage AEW through back-channels but instead revealed themselves and only accomplished giving AEW (and Domino's, those ingrates) free publicity.

You know in EWR/TEW when you try "dirty tricks" but it backfires

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Saul Goode posted:

This can all be saved with a battle royale to determine Omega's next opponent, the winner being a masked luchador, who unmasks to reveal...

Dean Malenko!

Then Dean Malenko unmasks to reveal Ciclope.

Jerusalem posted:

I really, really, really want MJF to try and stiff Nick Gage on his payment because he didn't beat Jericho, and now Nick Gage is the loving paperboy from Better Off Dead.

MJF said something to the effect of "MDK no loving pay" on Twitter after the match. I'm hoping they go somewhere with it too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zombie Lemur posted:

MJF said something to the effect of "MDK no loving pay" on Twitter after the match. I'm hoping they go somewhere with it too.

Yessssssss :hellyeah:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

Then Dean Malenko unmasks to reveal Ciclope.

I want Nick Gage to show up at MJF's locker room disguised as a pizza delivery guy to collect his money.

Btw, I watched Chris Van Vliet interview with Nick Gage now and I admit that I regret not knowing about Nick before. (i don't know this thread's stance on CVV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdWieXlNdqw

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

The kayfabe reason Kenny has all those wins isn't his in-ring ability. The question has never been whether he's beatable, it's whether he's beatable by Page. And he's not, for as long as he's got his full armor. Not sure how slowly taking away his armor over time is "WWE", but you can agree to disagree without being a douche about it.

kenny's last singles losses were November 2019 to Moxley in an unsanctioned match, passing out in PAC's Brutalizer at All Out in August 2019, Chris Jericho at Double or Nothing in May 2019, and Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom 13 in January 2019. it should probably at this point be a question of whether he's beatable or not! his armor is being a very good wrestler who beats all the dudes. his first loss in ~2 years should definitely happen in AEW, and it should definitely happen to someone AEW is trying to push, and that someone should be ORANGE CASSIDY push him coward tony but Hangman will be an adequate substitute. having him lose twice before Hangman gets his shot at him diminishes what Hangman actually gets out of the victory

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

hangman should go to WWE and lose to Ricochet

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I think you can do something with the rules of the Labors of Jericho in regards to Gage, because I'm pretty sure MJF said no Inner Circle members can help or the deal is off. I don't think there's anything in the rules about other people.

Gage is kind of a loophole there, they'd just have to reference MJF stiffing him on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Aye Doc posted:

having him lose twice before Hangman gets his shot at him diminishes what Hangman actually gets out of the victory
Ehh, the logic I was working from is that Triplemania is in 2 weeks and fewer than 1% of AEW fans probably even know it's happening, and much fewer will even be able to watch it. If AAA puts the belt on Andrade (which I'm not sure TK has any control over), AEW can use that. Callis says he got screwed, or Page was in his head or something. It's not going to invalidate either of them. I'm also 100% cool with none of that happening, so :shrug: