Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i'm still amazed there hasn't been a peep from virgil texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

We should get used to the probability that there never will be.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

soon Ovid Ohio is featuring as a new guest on Vaush

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

All these idiot Twitch streamers are like the Platonic ideal of smug Dunning-Kruger debate team people. The fact that more than 10 people watch them is baffling

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stuff like this video makes Vaush seem like one of the "left media" personalities most likely to be some sort of op. He's one of the ones most consistent about always translating every issue into supporting Democrats and pushing against any opinion outside of the mainstream.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Stuff like this video makes Vaush seem like one of the "left media" personalities most likely to be some sort of op. He's one of the ones most consistent about always translating every issue into supporting Democrats and pushing against any opinion outside of the mainstream.

jesus christ i rarely see vaush clips and he sounds like a boring motherfucker why are these twitch zoomers enthralled with him

matt's goofing around and having fun

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i'm not sure what grouping vaush and chapo under some kind of left media umbrella gets you

if anything i think chapo is doing better content now that they're just doing jokes and not doing mediocre campaign bits (bernie)

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

The only content of Vaush's I've ever watched was him claiming that reddit femboy memes did significant damage to the Left, and that Trans people "participate in their own oppression" by liking them. Very convenient, told me right away that he was a contemptuous nerd with nothing worth listening to.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

shrike82 posted:

i'm not sure what grouping vaush and chapo under some kind of left media umbrella gets you

if anything i think chapo is doing better content now that they're just doing jokes and not doing mediocre campaign bits (bernie)
the year and a half where chapo was bernie campaign hour was not very good in retrospect yeah

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shipon posted:

the year and a half where chapo was bernie campaign hour was not very good in retrospect yeah

they were not good at the time, but it was still probably the right thing for them to try even if its cringe

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the bed wetters here and elsewhere wouldve absolutely lost their poo poo if they didnt make a couple lame bernie episodes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shipon posted:

you're right, it wasn't "very good" ... it was loving epic and based

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KillerQueen posted:

The only content of Vaush's I've ever watched was him claiming that reddit femboy memes did significant damage to the Left, and that Trans people "participate in their own oppression" by liking them. Very convenient, told me right away that he was a contemptuous nerd with nothing worth listening to.

who is that take convenient for exactly. if you meant it let you skip listening to him then friend one look should have told you that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Trabisnikof posted:

they were not good at the time, but it was still probably the right thing for them to try even if its cringe

yea I mean I think it would have been kinda dumb for them to not at least try to use their massive platform to actually support a candidate they agreed with, it's funny now in retrospect especially now that sanders has completely gone back to being a cookie cutter dem calling Biden's bullshit 'the most progressive since FDR' and all, but it was the right thing to do overall.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

soon Ovid Ohio is featuring as a new guest on Vaush

So I don’t know who that is and google just gives me stuff about Covid numbers in Ohio

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HashtagGirlboss posted:

So I don’t know who that is and google just gives me stuff about Covid numbers in Ohio

It’s a joke on Virgil Texas, Roman poet + US state

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

oy mate you got the 'ovid in Ohio, right mental innit

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s a joke on Virgil Texas, Roman poet + US state

Oh goddamnit I’m embarrassed now

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

chapo has a big podcast following but "massive platform" is a bit of an overstatement

they're a fun listen but i think people keep forgetting that entertainment isn't politics. matt had enough self-awareness during the jimmy dore stuff to comment that the various "leftist" podcasts are there to cater to different consumer demographics and not meaningful political sub-groups

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

shrike82 posted:

chapo has a big podcast following but "massive platform" is a bit of an overstatement

they're a fun listen but i think people keep forgetting that entertainment isn't politics. matt had enough self-awareness during the jimmy dore stuff to comment that the various "leftist" podcasts are there to cater to different consumer demographics and not meaningful political sub-groups

A typical twitter leftist has difficulty distinguishing the two because they are indoctrinated in consumerism to their very bones and believe your politics IS what you consume

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

podcasts aren't politics. I listen to and enjoy Chapo. However, I realize that my work in Senator Schumer's office is far more worthwhile for advancing leftist causes than my choice in podcast.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

podcasts aren't politics. I listen to and enjoy Chapo. However, I realize that my work in Senator Schumer's office is far more worthwhile for advancing leftist causes than my choice in podcast.

:blastu:

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Atrocious Joe posted:

What are the Baileys thoughts on Nu Metal?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

did you take a poo poo on his desk?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

gently caress this is how I learn Schumer died?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

get that money joe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

finally watycheed this after 900 peope quoted it to prove merit and i liked it.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i have now watched it too and imo it was not worth seeing and hearing vaush speak

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like in Time for My Stories it should have been Matt leading it and Felix just doing the jokes and commentary, instead of the other way around.

Judging from his MMA documentary Felix can do good things if it's 100% scripted, but he can't really be a Will (which is what he was trying to do in Time for My Stories).

He can definitely get too indulgent without someone to rope him in. The last non-Will episode of Chapo I listened to Felix did some endless bit about being good at gambling that just got exhausting. It goes on about ten minutes after Will would have moved things along.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

MeatwadIsGod posted:

All these idiot Twitch streamers are like the Platonic ideal of smug Dunning-Kruger debate team people. The fact that more than 10 people watch them is baffling

Hey #notallsmugdebateteampeople

Rude

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

After listening to that Chapo episode I watched that Woodstock 99 documentary, its loving wretched, they did not exaggerate at all

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
this doc will succeed at a revival for Fred Durst as “Break Stuff” sees a brief Billboard resurgence or becomes a huge streaming success on Spotify and Durst will receive a Venmo from Spotify for $14.75 from his 9,000,000 downloads

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

There was some clip going around a while ago where IIRC he seemed to be reading off some prepared talking points and had no idea what any of it meant. I don't follow any of this closely but if you want evidence that he's an op, that's probably it.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

lol that a smattering of twitch kids saw Sargon and though: “that looks cool, I’ll be that for the left.” Dire stuff.

I’m listening to P.O.D Cast and I’ve actually stopped to listen to some albums as I go through it. Limp Bizcuit album felt like listening to a novelty cd or something, Deftones’ fur coat or whatever it was called was boring in general (there may be okay stuff later I stopped after
2 songs), the first Korn album I think might actually be good. For context the only Nu Metal I’ve heard was on the radio in the early 2000s.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

lol that a smattering of twitch kids saw Sargon and though: “that looks cool, I’ll be that for the left.” Dire stuff.

I’m listening to P.O.D Cast and I’ve actually stopped to listen to some albums as I go through it. Limp Bizcuit album felt like listening to a novelty cd or something, Deftones’ fur coat or whatever it was called was boring in general (there may be okay stuff later I stopped after
2 songs), the first Korn album I think might actually be good. For context the only Nu Metal I’ve heard was on the radio in the early 2000s.

did you miss this absolute loving banger on Around The Fur?

https://youtu.be/KvknOXGPzCQ

which also had this awesome acoustic version

https://youtu.be/tl_810fWawM

all of which reminds me of this seminal text

https://youtu.be/CuqEpjcBfaU

selec has issued a correction as of 15:54 on Jul 31, 2021

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Figured I'd spend some money on Brendan's Blowback soundtrack (not like I've chucked him any money for the show itself) and it owns.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

selec posted:

did you miss this absolute loving banger on Around The Fur?

https://youtu.be/KvknOXGPzCQ

which also had this awesome acoustic version

https://youtu.be/tl_810fWawM

all of which reminds me of this seminal text

https://youtu.be/CuqEpjcBfaU

That first song has a really cool breakdown and the rest of the song sort of sounded like Radiohead to me; I also really like Slint so idk why it just doesn’t do it for me.

edit: I’m suspecting it’s either how it’s mixed or my headphones are just lovely.

TheMightyBoops has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Jul 31, 2021

selec
Sep 6, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

That first song has a really cool breakdown and the rest of the song sort of sounded like Radiohead to me; I also really like Slint so idk why it just doesn’t do it for me.

edit: I’m suspecting it’s either how it’s mixed or my headphones are just lovely.

good cans are a QOL issue. I have a pair of Sony MDR headphones that I’ve had for about 25 years now that are kingly, and I got a pair of Bluetooth over ear headphones for my phone that do alright for like 30 bucks

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Hybrid Theory is next, which I think I’ve actually heard all of before because it had what looked like a Gundam on the cover.

edit: never mind that was a remixes album I was thinking of, I’ve only heard the singles on this one.

double edit: lol I hate this.

TheMightyBoops has issued a correction as of 16:08 on Jul 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

9/11 wreaked hell on rock music