Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

They play down gender in order to reduce everything to ‘produces sperm’ and ‘can get pregnant’

Which also means they ignore the very existence of a bunch of cis people, because these stupid TERF fucks care only about reproduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

DigitalRaven posted:

Which also means they ignore the very existence of a bunch of cis people, because these stupid TERF fucks care only about reproduction.hating trans people

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kit Walker posted:

Eh, he is still being dumb. It’s a bad statistic much like when republicans said “corona’s death rate is only 0.001%” because they were comparing the number of deaths vs the total population and not the total infected. Like, yes, the vaccine prevents infections and mitigates the effect of the disease for those who get it anyway, but he’s comparing the number of breakthrough infections vs the total vaccinated population

Yeah and in fact the CDC presentation that has everyone talking recommends not downplaying the prevalence of breakthrough infections because it’s backfiring when people see them happen and think thatl the vaccine isn’t working as it was supposed to.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

It really does come down to hating trans people and working absolutely everything backwards from that.

They tend to end up being amazingly sexist, homophobic, and racist in the process, currently their big thing is a conspiracy theory book that claims the trans is a plot by Jewish billionaires.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

teddust posted:

Or maybe you could actually read actual news about it instead of spreading unsourced misinformation.
. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020/12/6/22156988/havana-syndrome-micowave-weapons-report

Come on now you can’t really believe Cuba invented completely new technology just to gently caress with some diplomats.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
There’s a split in the terf community because the author of the book full of antisemitism said she did not at all copy another antisemitic terfs blog post and they’re beefing now. Suing has been mentioned!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

You’re right. I should have said “claim to”, to make clear that I agree they’re all about hating trans people and using regressive :biotruths: as a lovely justification.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'd still say at their core, chuds and transphobes are all just constantly mad about anyone other than them ~getting something~ they're not getting, and in their hosed up lizard brains, people who transition are trying to get some kind of nebulous advantage that they can't get. That's why they're always trying to complain about men transitioning to women and then ~getting to use a different bathroom~ or ~getting to just switch back and forth as it suits them~. That's why weirdo up there is preoccupied with making sure nobody can "go back" after they transition. They have the emotional processing power of toddlers.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

What the gently caress is wrong with these people.

https://twitter.com/setoacnna/status/1421199737676513283

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Terry Pratchett making people self-own from beyond the grave is extremely powerful (in the replies, obviously his daughter turned out alright).

endocriminologist posted:

There’s a split in the terf community because the author of the book full of antisemitism said she did not at all copy another antisemitic terfs blog post and they’re beefing now. Suing has been mentioned!
letthemfight.gif

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

DigitalRaven posted:

Which also means they ignore the very existence of a bunch of cis people, because these stupid TERF fucks care only about reproduction.

Yeah, I've had to have this exact discussion with a few people. As soon as you start trying to drill down to some biological sex essentialism the whole thing becomes a mess, because evidently reproduction doesn't determine your sex (infertile people), genitals don't determine your sex (intersex people) and even your chromosomes don't necessarily determine your sex (XY fertile women for example). You can take them through the whole process, watching them trying to find some way to define a "man" and "woman" and failing, because most of human biology is a hacked together mess, until, if they're not a TERF, they realise it's a social thing, not a biology one. I teach this stuff to high school students when we do genetics and reproduction.

If they are a TERF, they don't come to this realisation, and you tell them they can gently caress right off.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tiggum posted:

IIRC the argument goes something like "if gender is socially constructed and not biological then you can't be 'transgender' because gender's not real".

Perhaps a better term would be "gender sovcit" then because that's basically what they try to do with the government.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Perhaps a better term would be "gender sovcit" then because that's basically what they try to do with the government.

All power to the gender soviets.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Let the ruling classes tremble at a gender revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their pronouns.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Californian wildifires also known as a gender criticality incident.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DigitalRaven posted:

I don't see what's so crazy about claiming every single cis woman turns into a man when they hit menopause.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

OwlFancier posted:

Californian wildifires also known as a gender criticality incident.
Gender reveal parties literally killed more people than the flu over the past year and a half

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

hooman posted:

Yeah, I've had to have this exact discussion with a few people. As soon as you start trying to drill down to some biological sex essentialism the whole thing becomes a mess, because evidently reproduction doesn't determine your sex (infertile people), genitals don't determine your sex (intersex people) and even your chromosomes don't necessarily determine your sex (XY fertile women for example). You can take them through the whole process, watching them trying to find some way to define a "man" and "woman" and failing, because most of human biology is a hacked together mess, until, if they're not a TERF, they realise it's a social thing, not a biology one. I teach this stuff to high school students when we do genetics and reproduction.

If they are a TERF, they don't come to this realisation, and you tell them they can gently caress right off.

Transphobes will either ignore it or counter by saying science is on their side because they are only going to examine it deeply enough to justify what they already believe. When you point out these counter examples they are going to dismiss it as being tiny outliers irrelevant to the discussion.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Gender reveal parties literally killed more people than the flu over the past year and a half

They've each killed more people in the last ~2 years than antifa has in 25

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pththya-lyi posted:

They've each killed more people in the last ~2 years than antifa has in 25

Antifa has just killed that one guy in Oregon, and the guy who did it was assassinated by the government, right?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Antifa has just killed that one guy in Oregon, and the guy who did it was assassinated by the government, right?

that was some weird poo poo we'll never know the full details of. You don't get a fed death squad for whacking a random chud.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You get a fed death squad for acting out of station. The victim isn’t important

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Skwirl posted:

There was this little thing called WWII, and also some orgs in the later decades that did some needful, but yeah.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

gbut posted:

There was this little thing called WWII, and also some orgs in the later decades that did some needful, but yeah.

I meant in context of "the last 25 years"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

that was some weird poo poo we'll never know the full details of. You don't get a fed death squad for whacking a random chud.

Nah, you absolutely get a fed death squad for that poo poo if the guy you kill was a supporter of President Trump and Trump is still the president.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Yeah, like the fed dead squad needs anything beyond a green-ish light.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Regarde Aduck posted:

If you think the guy who was taken out by the fed death squad was a chud, you may want to double check your definition of chud

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

grittyreboot posted:

I don't know anything about Meijer but in this instance at least he isn't the idiot
https://twitter.com/RepMeijer/status/1421214612616359936?s=19

He's a Republican, so he still sucks, but it's the old-school pro-buisiness evil and not the new "overt fascism" evil.

Also I won't be surprised if he gets primaried because the Michigan GOP has been trying to purge anyone who isn't a ride-or-die conspiracy cultist.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that is to be parsed as the target of the fed death squad does not become the target of the fed death squad, as a consequence of having whacked a random chud.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

RFC2324 posted:

If you think the guy who was taken out by the fed death squad was a chud, you may want to double check your definition of chud
Pretty sure they're referring to the feds being the death squad executing the guy who killed the chud.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Acute Grill posted:

He's a Republican, so he still sucks, but it's the old-school pro-buisiness evil and not the new "overt fascism" evil.

Here's a secret: they're the same thing.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Oh my bad, sorry

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, a guy killed a CHUD because the CHUD threatened his friend with a knife, then a fed death squad killed the guy who was trying to protect his friend.

I have no idea on the veracity of his claim it was because the CHUD threatened his friend with a knife, because he was assassinated by a fed death squad before any sort of facts could be presented to a court of law, so I just assume that's true. If the feds didn't want me to believe that they shouldn't have murdered him before they could prove his claim was false.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, a guy killed a CHUD because the CHUD threatened his friend with a knife, then a fed death squad killed the guy who was trying to protect his friend.

I have no idea on the veracity of his claim it was because the CHUD threatened his friend with a knife, because he was assassinated by a fed death squad before any sort of facts could be presented to a court of law, so I just assume that's true. If the feds didn't want me to believe that they shouldn't have murdered him before they could prove his claim was false.

I remember the incident, i misread aduck's post as calling the dude who got merked a chud which is obviously backward.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

hooman posted:

and even your chromosomes don't necessarily determine your sex (XY fertile women for example).

Wait, is that a thing? I know that XY people with androgen insensitivity develop into women, but I've never heard of any being fertile.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Viscous Soda posted:

Wait, is that a thing? I know that XY people with androgen insensitivity develop into women, but I've never heard of any being fertile.

There was apparently at least one: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2190741/

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Viscous Soda posted:

I remember reading that 'normally' this situation ends with a dead end vagina, so I am super curious myself

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

There are other reasons an apparent cis woman could have XY chromosomes than androgen insensitivity. Off the top of my head, a defective SRY gene on the Y chromosome.

Honestly, it's important to realise that we very rarely test people's sex chromosomes unless we already have reason to suspect something is unusual, such as being visibly intersex or fertility problems. There's probably quite a lot of people running around who have no idea their chromosomes don't match their assigned sex.

Edit: god, why is "chromosome" one of those words that never looks spelled right to me?

RoboRodent has a new favorite as of 17:44 on Jul 31, 2021

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Huh! That's pretty interesting, it makes you wonder how many times that's actually happened, since intersex people have been around a lot longer than we knew the genetics and detection of many of those conditions. Like would this woman have ever known something was unusual about herself otherwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

RoboRodent posted:

There are other reasons an apparent cis woman could have XY chromosomes than androgen insensitivity. Off the top of my head, a defective SRY gene on the Y chromosome.

Honestly, it's important to realise that we very rarely test people's sex chromosomes unless we already have reason to suspect something is unusual, such as being visibly intersex or fertility problems. There's probably quite a lot of people running around who have no idea their chromosomes don't match their assigned sex.

Edit: god, why is "chromosome" one of those words that never looks spelled right to me?

do those 'ancestry' services like 23andme identify any of that stuff? seems like they'd be a pretty good data pool