Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

What is Eve Beeper doing in the Impact Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eat My Fuc posted:

gently caress dude…

Can't have a drunk on screen, the sponsors are already getting antsy.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
going to call the whole Kenny storyline right now the "One Winged Angle" because it just doesn't fly with me

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
THATB

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Guillermus posted:

AEW needs to sign Sami Callihan so you all can enjoy his work.

callihan vs hangman page in a "losers leave town" match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MotU posted:

going to call the whole Kenny storyline right now the "One Winged Angle" because it just doesn't fly with me

I imagined you leaning against a wall with a cigarette in your mouth while you said this. It looked very cool.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
so unrelated to anything, what is Jade cargill actually doing? why do they keep showing her to us if she is never gonna wrestle? it would make sense if she had more matches under her belt but she's done little to get anyone's attention thus far.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

so unrelated to anything, what is Jade cargill actually doing? why do they keep showing her to us if she is never gonna wrestle? it would make sense if she had more matches under her belt but she's done little to get anyone's attention thus far.

She's hot and she's that bitch

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if I was Tony I'd be so overjoyed at the knowledge that WWE is so loving shook they actually tried to get me cancelled for that Dominoes thing, which is going to become a legendary, priceless meme forever, getting over Nick Gage to improbable heights and helping secure a third week running of a million views + loving pabst blue ribbon replacing that ad anyway. Just having the palpable truth that WWE really did try to gently caress me over would embolden me even more, because at that point you know you've got them on the ropes and people are going to tune in even moreso to see what crazy poo poo comes next. The Dominoes thing is really a huge loving mistake because it definitively shows yes, they care a lot about us doing well, which I don't believe WWE ever bothered to do with TNA at its peak(?)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think it'd own if Dominos went to AEW and made a one-off commercial with a working promo code featuring Nick Gage for All Out weekend

I haven't had dominos in years, maybe even close to a decade but that'd be what convinced me to buy a pizza.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

zimbomonkey posted:

I think Mark Henry mentioned that she's injured right now.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Hangman would still rank number 1 because it goes by singles loses.

Every member of Dark Order lost by cheating or other shenanigans.

Rewatching the challenge promo and how hot the crowd is for Hangman I trust Tony knows what he’s doing and will deliver

https://youtu.be/3cYdHXVuAPs

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I thought the stipulation was that Hangman just drops out of the Top 5 and has to start over again and earn another title shot

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

I think it'd own if Dominos went to AEW and made a one-off commercial with a working promo code featuring Nick Gage for All Out weekend

I haven't had dominos in years, maybe even close to a decade but that'd be what convinced me to buy a pizza.

nick gage 2021 dominos pizza pitchman is some fever dream poo poo lmao

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

I thought the stipulation was that Hangman just drops out of the Top 5 and has to start over again and earn another title shot

the only verbiage used on the show was "loses his number 1 contender title shot" afaik

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

Yeah I think they're lying about him being stuck in the UK.

I'm pretty sure they did this relatively recently with Henare?

Not really, they never advertised him for the post-NJC tour and Henare just kayfabed going home on social media

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like New Japan wouldn't outright false advertise like that. If they wanted Shota as a surprise, they could've just not announced him for LA in the first place. I think Dickinson or Eddie are much more likely.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Eagerly anticipating this thread's reaction when Hangman's title win is pushed back again so they can do Kenny vs Bray Wyatt first

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna laugh if Dominos does nothing (pretty likely) and AEW walks away with an extra sponsor in a very desperate Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Put Bray in charge of DO, but basically make him Hank Scorpio

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

don’t put bray wyatt in the good wrestling company AEW please

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Bray and Braun coming in to refresh the tag division

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I will say this, all the scummy back scenes moves WWE are pulling by attacking sponsors is going to feed Eddie Kingston some great material for the fans in the building during his go home promo.

Gotta be firing up the wrestlers as well.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Put Bray Wyatt in AEW, but as a ref.

He can still look like a swamp shaman, but he still wears the stripes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tony Khan has already said he regrets indulging Matt Hardy's goofy shtick like the teleporting. If Windham Rotunda went to AEW, it would probably be fine. I don't know what the matches would look like, but, he's a creative guy, there's smart people there, they would encourage his creativity while keeping away from his goofiest indulgences that were encouraged in WWE. The only thing you need to point to as proof is how they have perfectly presented Malakai Black so far.

If they even want to sign, if he even wants to go there, if he even wants to keep wrestling at all. Which I kinda doubt, honestly? But, anyway,

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Raffles posted:

Bray and Braun coming in to refresh the tag division

counterargument: The Rotunda Boyz

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MJeff posted:

Tony Khan has already said he regrets indulging Matt Hardy's goofy shtick like the teleporting. If Windham Rotunda went to AEW, it would probably be fine. I don't know what the matches would look like, but, he's a creative guy, there's smart people there, they would encourage his creativity while keeping away from his goofiest indulgences that were encouraged in WWE. The only thing you need to point to as proof is how they have perfectly presented Malakai Black so far.

If they even want to sign, if he even wants to go there, if he even wants to keep wrestling at all. Which I kinda doubt, honestly? But, anyway,

they have supernatural acts like Abadon and Orange Cassidy I don't think spooky bray wyatt would be out of place

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I have no idea if Bray would be interested in AEW or any other wrestling gig, or if AEW would be interested in him, but the dude has gotten himself in shape.

(E: that's him on the left)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

zero desire to see braun/bray in AEW, they absolutely do not need those guys and already have great big men (WARDLOW, Lance, Miro) as well as spooky weirdos (Abadon, Malakai, PAC)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MotU posted:

they have supernatural acts like Abadon and Orange Cassidy I don't think spooky bray wyatt would be out of place
Abadon isn't supernatural and they never treated her like she is, just a terrifying woman.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tony I know you love TEWing your action figures together but please don't hire Bray

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
I think if Bray just did his Muscle Man gimmick on the indies and was having fun and being goofy that'd be awesome. Enough serious guy spooky edgelord stuff already

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

MJeff posted:

Tony was right about the teleporting. Broken Matt had run it’s course twice at that point and the current Big Money Matt gimmick is a way better fit for AEW and Matt is doing his best work in years with it while elevating a bunch of other performers.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

I will say this, all the scummy back scenes moves WWE are pulling by attacking sponsors is going to feed Eddie Kingston some great material for the fans in the building during his go home promo.

Gotta be firing up the wrestlers as well.

bulletin board material, bay bee.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MotU posted:

Abadon is canonically just a woman in make-up, Orange Cassidy is the only supernatural gimmick in AEW.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm not gonna sit here and Always Bad Bray when the only company he's wrestled for of note could gently caress up the greatest wrestler alive

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Abadon is canonically just a woman in make-up, Orange Cassidy is the only supernatural gimmick in AEW.

Orange Cassidy is supernatural in the way that Batman is supernatural.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DeathChicken posted:

I'm not gonna sit here and Always Bad Bray when the only company he's wrestled for of note did gently caress up the greatest wrestler alive

ftfy

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

DeathChicken posted:

I'm not gonna sit here and Always Bad Bray when the only company he's wrestled for of note could gently caress up the greatest wrestler alive

That's a fair assessment, and hopefully Trent? will be back soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Bray is probably heading for Impact. We'll see him on AEW but uh...