Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Hoping some of the other spiders will have guest spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Does anyone know what the best way to watch the Fleischer Superman shorts is?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Are the Blu-Rays still available? That's what I have. Wouldn't be surprised if they were all up on YouTube as well.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

this guy has most of them up on YouTube

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
All of them are also available on the free streaming site Tubi, along with a boggling variety of other stuff.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I’m trying to watch this Long Halloween animated adaption and it’s almost good but just too padded out and lacking the tone of the comics by half.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Ccs posted:

I’m trying to watch this Long Halloween animated adaption and it’s almost good but just too padded out and lacking the tone of the comics by half.

I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Shame about Catwoman's VA though.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Vakal posted:

Oh?

Edit: Oh :smith:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vakal posted:

Oh poo poo I remember when that happened, just horrible.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
don't worry they'll just deep fake her voice for the sequel

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Vakal posted:

What happened?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

What happened?

She drowned.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Rhyno posted:

She drowned.

Well that sucks

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's terrible.

To be honest when I was reading through the posts I was assuming it was something like she turned out to be a huge bigot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was extremely tragic.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Lobok posted:

That's terrible.

To be honest when I was reading through the posts I was assuming it was something like she turned out to be a huge bigot.

IIRC she saved her son's life.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
this sounds cute

quote:

“Merry Little Batman” is an animated family action comedy. When a six-year-old Damian Wayne finds himself alone in Wayne Manor, he must transform into “Little Batman” in order to defend his home and Gotham City from the crooks and super-villains intent on destroying Christmas. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based on characters from DC, the film is executive produced and directed by Mike Roth from a screenplay by Morgan Evans.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNX6ybKqlqA

Sounds like Home Alone will never die

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

if there's anyrhing a kid wants to do, it's beat up the adults around him

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
gently caress. I just found out Ed Asner died. :(

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

AlternateNu posted:

gently caress. I just found out Ed Asner died. :(
:rip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrk7eRslwm4

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Finished watching Beware the Batman, thought it was pretty good overall. I liked its take on Anarky, just properly smarmy with his smug Philosophy 101 dickbag monologuing. In general I think they had some good choices for villains and characters in general. Wish it could have gotten a second season, but then again I wish that about a lot of DC Nation stuff.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This looks cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdjG44HX7Fc

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/sofiaealexander/status/1437836156402495488?s=19

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Good for that person, I guess?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/comicsbeat/status/1437477189868560387

Year One is getting a 4K UHD release. This was one of the better DC animated adaptations. Ten years? Geez, time flies. Bryan Cranston was a good pick for Gordon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That can't be right. Year One couldn't have been ten years ago... :stare:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Was the year one adaption even that good? I vaguely recall it was pretty by the numbers adaption

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

McCloud posted:

Was the year one adaption even that good? I vaguely recall it was pretty by the numbers adaption

It was really solid. The comic was short enough that they just used it for the storyboards and didn't have to add much at all to get it up to a proper length.

It was as good of an adaptation of Year Old as you could possibly do.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I thought it was up there with the DKR adaptation. It didn't disappoint like the All Star Superman or New Frontier, which should have been miniseries.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

I thought it was up there with the DKR adaptation. It didn't disappoint like the All Star Superman or New Frontier, which should have been miniseries.

Agreed that Year One and DKR were both fantastic, though personally I think New Frontier is still pretty good(and there was at least one or two moments it changed something for the better from the original comic)

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Finally watched The Batman vs Dracula. That one went surprisingly hard for TV-PG, that blood bank scene was fun.

Also watched a couple episodes of season one Super Friends and it's... interesting, finally seeing it after having Wendy be a supporting character in the Stephanie Brown Batgirl run. Also I assumed that only having four heroes was a cost cutting measure as far as animation, so I was completely caught off guard when Plastic Man showed up for a single scene.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Turns out the HBO Aquaman cartoon isn't for me, but kudos to DC for throwing poo poo at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

catlord posted:

Finally watched The Batman vs Dracula. That one went surprisingly hard for TV-PG, that blood bank scene was fun.

Also watched a couple episodes of season one Super Friends and it's... interesting, finally seeing it after having Wendy be a supporting character in the Stephanie Brown Batgirl run. Also I assumed that only having four heroes was a cost cutting measure as far as animation, so I was completely caught off guard when Plastic Man showed up for a single scene.

the batman vs dracula owns and I felt like a crazy person for years because everyone was too dismissive of the batman to give it a shot

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

the batman vs dracula owns and I felt like a crazy person for years because everyone was too dismissive of the batman to give it a shot

Which is crazy because The Batman is overall a really good show

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Hit Monkey Trailer is something I didn't know I really wanted until now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb72HBB1QbA

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think anything could have followed up Batman TAS/Batman Beyond and had people NOT be dismissive of it. The Batman is really good, it just came out at the worst possible time that it could have.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vandar posted:

I don't think anything could have followed up Batman TAS/Batman Beyond and had people NOT be dismissive of it. The Batman is really good, it just came out at the worst possible time that it could have.

Beware the Batman was good too but came out right when the last thing it seemed like Cartoon Network wanted to do was have action shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Vandar posted:

Dawgstar posted:

Beware the Batman was good too but came out right when the last thing it seemed like Cartoon Network wanted to do was have action shows.

Hard agree to both of these. Admittedly, I do give The Batman some slack since it was the first Batman series I got to regularly watch, but I think it largely holds up well, and Beware the Batman was great, I watched it all on HBO Max and it definitely deserved better.