Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm really feeling this whole "Bray as Hardy's accountant" idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I believe it was suspected or inferred. Sad news, dude rules.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I only want Bray in AEW if he dresses exactly like his dad, glasses and all. Sign Bo and have him do the same too. Hell, bring in the whole Rotunda family in suits to audit the Elite.

It'll be like Gum Club but with taxes instead of butts.

Nea posted:

TBH i wish AEW had more spooky poo poo I thought it was very sick when Malakai black showed up. I think that Darby Allin should have lost the coffin match and kayfabe died doing it, but only so he could come back as a frankenstein

Good news, Lucha Underground's getting a semi-reboot in MLW.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

FakePoet posted:

Bray should absolutely show up and join the Dark Order. But not to try and take over as a leader; just because he wants (and maybe needs) to be around Brodie's friends.

F it, just go full feel-good with it.

They let him be spooky too because they like spooky. When things bet bad in the ring, they just yell at Wyatt "Do the spooky poo poo!" This gets the crowd to chant "SPOO-KY poo poo! SPOO-KY poo poo!" and pop when a plastic skelton jumps into the ring

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I do not see AEW as Bray’s first stop.

He is not a veteran like Christian/Sting and he does not have the indie background (buildings those relationships) like Black/Brodie.

Now, I could see a one stop like Rowan or Cardona but not a full time stop. impact would be the place I see him go.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I think Danny Limelight leaving AEW to work in higher card matches at smaller promotions is going to be the model for people who feel they can do better than Dark matches.

People can 100% get very over on Dark but it's usually with a BTE/Vlog assist. No matter how many great match ups Limelight was getting, the reaction was fairly muted. He was another super-talented young guy who could be the future in a roster bursting at the seams with them.

WWE is clearly not the place to bet on yourself but if you're good enough you can probably get more over working the indies and small scale tv.

AEW is increasingly a place where you'll disappear if you're just a great worker with no strong character hook and no programme.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 31, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Waffleopolis posted:

They let him be spooky too because they like spooky. When things bet bad in the ring, they just yell at Wyatt "Do the spooky poo poo!" This gets the crowd to chant "SPOO-KY poo poo! SPOO-KY poo poo!" and pop when a plastic skelton jumps into the ring

And then Penta does the mirror spot with the plastic skeleton like he did with Daniels that one time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

a certain scoopster has been suggesting something SiNiStEr happened

I never said that

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Windham Lawrence Rotunda the sleazy southern businessman who gets brought in by Matt Hardy to help manage the HFO as it increases in size, but starts to exert more and more control until he is cutting members, citing budget concerns. This could lead to a feud with Matt Hardy over control of the HFO, where Matt turns face when he for the first time shows genuine concern for his underlings who are now being unceremoniously discarded.

He can just be Big Daddy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

a certain scoopster has been suggesting something SiNiStEr happened

Rarity how could you

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Limelight feels like the biggest miss since Ben Carter but whatever. Guy is just dripping charisma. He can go to MLW, do NJPW dates, and keep working on his craft.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Rarity posted:

I never said that

you're not a scoopster you're a canned hamburger enthusiast

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Rarity posted:

I never said that

You said that you son of a bitch

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

dsriggs posted:

You said that you daughter of a bastard

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

fez_machine posted:

I think Danny Limelight leaving AEW to work in higher card matches at smaller promotions is going to be the model for people who feel they can do better than Dark matches.

People can 100% get very over on Dark but it's usually with a BTE/Vlog assist. No matter how many great match ups Limelight was getting, the reaction was fairly muted. He was another super-talented young guy who could be the future in a roster bursting at the seams with them.

WWE is clearly not the place to bet on yourself but if you're good enough you can probably get more over working the indies and small scale tv.

AEW is increasingly a place where you'll disappear if you're just a great worker with no strong character hook and no programme.

In addition, there are just only so many spots on the roster. There have seemingly been a bunch of big signings recently, the card is so crowded with talent, and AEW even features guest appearances from people who are big on the indies or work for other promotions. If you feel like you can be doing more than DARK you probably have to go out there on the indies or to Japan and raise your profile at this point.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jordan7hm posted:

Limelight feels like the biggest miss since Ben Carter but whatever. Guy is just dripping charisma. He can go to MLW, do NJPW dates, and keep working on his craft.

i feel like he must have been right at the chopping line when they were figuring out everything as touring got put back together and maybe he wanted just a bit too much or AEW wasn't offering enough for him to tag along, it sounds like they'll work together again some day :shrug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jordan7hm posted:

Limelight doesn't really feel like a miss. He's young and won't be looking to stay in MLW forever and he's talented enough that getting reps in on Dark is going to do less for him than him having a feature role in a smaller pond. There's nothing stopping him hooking back up with AEW in a few years time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Joey McChrist posted:

Mods, please stop people from making these baseless attacks on my character

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

Limelight doesn't really feel like a miss. He's young and won't be looking to stay in MLW forever and he's talented enough that getting reps in on Dark is going to do less for him than him having a feature role in a smaller pond. There's nothing stopping him hooking back up with AEW in a few years time

Yeah, agree completely. He had a couple matches that totally blew me away and then a few matches where he looked kind of sloppy. I think he has the potential to be a huge star in the future, but getting some experience in a higher-tier role elsewhere seems like a plus for him all around.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

sticklefifer posted:

I only want Bray in AEW if he dresses exactly like his dad, glasses and all. Sign Bo and have him do the same too. Hell, bring in the whole Rotunda family in suits to audit the Elite.

It'll be like Gum Club but with taxes instead of butts.

Good news, Lucha Underground's getting a semi-reboot in MLW.

Yeah i'm excited it's the first other promotion i'm gonna watch aside from the original lucha underground.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shard posted:

You said that you daughter of a bastard

Pac is Rarity's dad? :monocle:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

sticklefifer posted:

Canned burgers are the only kind they have under the bridges. It all adds up.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Eh, I mean as much as a miss as any male wrestler can be for this company. They don’t actually need any male wrestlers, their roster rules already. But from an enjoyment factor I liked watching his matches more than just about anyone else who got some time and moved on.

Like you say though I don’t think it’s a big deal. He can go somewhere else and get more reps and AEW will still be here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sticklefifer posted:

Would explain why I grew up under a bridge :thunkher:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jordan7hm posted:

I'd love to see him do a BoSJ. I think he'd be better off somewhere with a junior division but tag team would be another good option.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah, agree completely. He had a couple matches that totally blew me away and then a few matches where he looked kind of sloppy. I think he has the potential to be a huge star in the future, but getting some experience in a higher-tier role elsewhere seems like a plus for him all around.

I think the sloppier matches were after coming back from a longish hiatus after catching covid. Those aside I thought he was pretty consistent.
I agree with the general consensus that it's not a crushing blow for him nor AEW, but it's bad news for me as I enjoyed his wrestling and there's no way I'm figuring out whatever a MLW is.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
At this point I'm in the camp that unless it is literally a CM Punk level guy they really don't need any more dudes on this roster.

Unless they can get LA Park of course.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

At this point I'm in the camp that unless it is literally a CM Punk level guy they really don't need any more dudes on this roster.

Unless they can get LA Park of course.

I disagree. Get as many talented tv experienced wrestlers as possible. Imagine if in 99 and 00 WWF passed on Jericho, Big Show, The Radicalz and the folks from ECW. The more talent they have the better. I'm not saying they have to sign everyone because you don't want to get to a point where you are never using the people you sign but you also dont want to pass one someone that could get new eyeballs on you.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

You only have to look at all the WWE stans sobbing on Twitter to realize that not bringing Bray to AEW would be a huge missed opportunity

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

STAC Goat posted:

I'm really feeling this whole "Bray as Hardy's accountant" idea.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

You only have to look at all the WWE stans sobbing on Twitter to realize that not bringing Bray to AEW would be a huge missed opportunity

But for all of his great character work Bray Wyatt loving sucks at wrestling.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

blunt posted:

In Dustin We Trust

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lethrom posted:

In Dustin We Trust

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

blunt posted:

Tay Conti

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

blunt posted:

I'd rather watch Bray than Roman loving Reigns

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Sign Buddy Murphy and then that's it imo

Or he can just go straight to Japan

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bray had some great moments ringwork-wise but it seemed he started and stopped and regressed constantly. He kept getting himself into better shape but had less and less reason to improve with the kind of work they had him doing. He just never had the chance to spar with anyone----tough to do when you're made to be a frankenstein'd monster who shrugs poo poo off and does like 4 moves before winning.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Joey McChrist posted:

Scooping because that’s the action required to get the burger out

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rarity posted:

I never said that

And your complicity in the coverup or Danny Limelight’s deeds is damning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hey what's going on with Ruby Soho? joker in the women's battle royale we think?