Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Tbf we’ve all paid our :10bux: for the privilege of being rude so that’s not free either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Play posted:

was that rude little question mark at the end really necessary? ;)

;)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Play posted:

was that rude little question mark at the end really necessary?
I felt it was entirely appropriate.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!
For the price of your email I'll send you all the rudeness you can handle

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
This rudeness is free: The recent turn of this thread is bollocks.

Spoilered to spare those of sensitive dispositions such terrible profanity.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

SnakesRevenge posted:

For the price of your email I'll send you all the rudeness you can handle

Sorry but this price is too high for anything, even free rudeness.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hammerfight is free now. https://store.steampowered.com/app/41100/Hammerfight/ It has physics based melee combat with dieselpunk heliicopter thingos. It's also incredibly janky but quite fun when it works.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

:siren::siren: FREE WITH GOLD, NOT FREE FREE :siren::siren:

If you have Xbox gold, Diablo 3 and The necromancer expansion are free to play. May only work on Xbox One/series.

base game

Expansion

You may have to be logged in for the links to pop up to install for free. Some people have reported it only worked for them through console not through the website. I had no issues on the website. Ymmv.

Cross posting in all relevant threads.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Worth noting that the Diablo 3 Xbox stuff is marked as "Included with Gold", which is typically used for poo poo like free trial weekends where it's not properly tied to your account and can be yanked at any time. Best theory I heard in the Xbox thread was that this was planned as a promo free weekend kinda thing in the leadup to the release of the Diablo 2 remaster, but it got cancelled after a few things came up and someone at Microsoft didn't get the memo.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
cant even believe how much the rudeness has intensified since my last comment, you manner-less donkey sickos are glorifying ill behavior and i will not stand for it

dis astranagant posted:

Hammerfight is free now. https://store.steampowered.com/app/41100/Hammerfight/ It has physics based melee combat with dieselpunk heliicopter thingos. It's also incredibly janky but quite fun when it works.

Highfleet is cool so I have to at least check this out and see what it evolved from, thank you

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Battlefield V is up on amazon prime.

Ah, stupid question - how do I terminate my prime trial to see whether I've retained access to the games on Origin? Or do I just have to wait for the trial to run out?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also on Twitch Prime, but through their own client (that you can run the games without):

Lost Horizon 2
A Normal Lost Phone
Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story
Planet Alpha
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Metamorphosis
Secret Files: Tunguska

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
drat, thanks the head's up about Amazon. I totally forgot about their games, because they're usually crap, but there's some nice ones here.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Xander77 posted:

Battlefield V is up on amazon prime.

Ah, stupid question - how do I terminate my prime trial to see whether I've retained access to the games on Origin? Or do I just have to wait for the trial to run out?

If you let the trial expire, it’ll flip to a full paid sub.
There’s a prime bit of the Amazon control panel on their website.
Ed: looks like you can cancel it from their mobile app now. Bring up your profile page, then Your Account, then Prime Membership then Manage Membership right at the top.

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 3, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Welp, finally did it, bought a game on steam that I already got for free from Epic. Control complete edition was on sale right after I got my first pay check at a new job. Then a week later Epic had a pop-up about the Control DLC being on sale so I checked and apparently owned the base game. I'm actually playing control, which is rare enough for games I buy, but I hadn't reached the DLC yet.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Kerbtree posted:

If you let the trial expire, it’ll flip to a full paid sub.
There’s a prime bit of the Amazon control panel on their website.
Heading to the prime section of my profile on the website just offers a 30 day trial of amazon prime.

This works though.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I'm on Amazon Student. I'm a professor. I regret nothing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, your students teach you as much as you teach them :hai:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

it's amazon, the only thing we should regret is that they get any of our money at all

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, your students teach you as much as you teach them :hai:

Depending on the school there's a decent chance most their students have more disposable cash.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Breadallelogram posted:

it's amazon, the only thing we should regret is that they get any of our money at all

that seems like a pretty big regret to have, all things considered

I use my parents' account which I am going to deem ethical as long as I'm the one doing it

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Breadallelogram posted:

Amazon is one of those things that Is great in theory, horrid in execution, but I could say the same thing for capitalism itself. I genuinely like the idea of a neutral-ground online superstore with fast shipping where everyone can put products, but it's not really a neutral ground, Amazon has too much power, it's full of shoddy products and false advertising and, as with everything, the people who to the real work are beaten to death for no wages.

I take pride in 'stealing' as much as I can from the rich as possible. They started it.

Skwirl posted:

Depending on the school there's a decent chance most their students have more disposable cash.

Don't get me started. Firstly, in my salad days I was accepted to two elite 'Ivy League' type universities, and I do not regret going to neither. They are nothing more than ways to perpetuate classism and neoliberalism and keep the rich rich. Secondly, I recently applied for a position at a very prestigious private school which is not either of the above elite schools. I'm reasonably content at my current gig, and I only really applied due to the geographical location of said private university and a lower cost of living in said geographical location; I couldn't give less of a poo poo about their 'reputation' as it's mostly due to sport. The tuition at this place is, not exaggerating, 10-11 times that where I work now. The position was identical to my current one in every way that matters, and I found out that rich kid school paid slightly less than my current one. Utter bullshit.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Welp, finally did it, bought a game on steam that I already got for free from Epic. Control complete edition was on sale right after I got my first pay check at a new job. Then a week later Epic had a pop-up about the Control DLC being on sale so I checked and apparently owned the base game. I'm actually playing control, which is rare enough for games I buy, but I hadn't reached the DLC yet.

Just wait until you accidentally buy a game twice on two storefronts.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

In case anyone cares, got an email that my prime trial has ended, and I still seem to have access to Battlefield 1, including multiplayer (don't have Battlefield 5 installed)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Trickyblackjack posted:

Achievement unlocked: Double Dipping the Bad Way

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Trickyblackjack posted:

Nah that isn't it, wait until you have multiple copies of the same game redeemed on Origin.
I have 2 copies of Alice: Madness Returns for some reason.

Don't recall where the first BF1 came from, but I don't remember buying it:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Nah that isn't it, wait until you have multiple copies of the same game redeemed on Origin.

I have a copy of Metro Exodus and Metro Exodus: Extended Edition on steam. Because I bought the season pass, I guess?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Xander77 posted:

I have a copy of Metro Exodus and Metro Exodus: Extended Edition on steam. Because I bought the season pass, I guess?

That is at least different versions though! These are the same game, with no version difference. The content is the same in both.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Xander77 posted:

Everyone got Enhanced Edition, which requires ray tracing capable hardware.

I don't think you can buy it separately.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Some insane number like 60% of all internet traffic routes through AWS, too. Even if you were to buycott Amazon proper, you're still using something like, say, cloud front when you're streaming video from wherever that has their resources on AWS. People handwring about the government "shutting off" the internet, but if any one company actually has that power...it's Amazon.

Capitalism bad, free stuff good. Do crimes, be gay.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I think I have two copies of Dead Space 2 on origin, somehow

Maybe one was from when they'd link your Stream purchases and the other was a giveaway or bundle

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

That is at least different versions though! These are the same game, with no version difference. The content is the same in both.
Ah.

There are also two copies of Blood Dragon one screen down.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Xander77 posted:

In case anyone cares, got an email that my prime trial has ended, and I still seem to have access to Battlefield 1, including multiplayer (don't have Battlefield 5 installed)

Unless it was for some special version of BF1, EA has no way of knowing that your prime expired.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Xander77 posted:

Ah.

There are also two copies of Blood Dragon one screen down.

Looking forward to being able to trade in my repeated games for gems or even combine them for the chance to get a slightly better quality version of the game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Assassassassinin's Creecreed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

Do crimes, be gay.

:hmmyes:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Free Games Thread: Robin Hood and His Merry Men

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Well I tried Hammerfight and it doesn't even want to work on my computer. The window it opens in is minuscule and then it grabs my mouse pointer and holds it in the middle so I can't even try to do anything. I knew people said it was kinda janky but drat

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Play posted:

Well I tried Hammerfight and it doesn't even want to work on my computer. The window it opens in is minuscule and then it grabs my mouse pointer and holds it in the middle so I can't even try to do anything. I knew people said it was kinda janky but drat

Yeah, time hasn't been kind to it. I can get ingame but then the physics bug out in ways that make progress impossible, like cutscene npcs and defense targets exploding for no reason. It works for some people but I've never figured out what they're doing different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Lib and let die posted: