Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Superstore's greatest crime is getting rid of those key lime flavoured Peek Freans knockoffs

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

gently caress superstore and loblaws, they discontinued the vanilla cola sparkling water

What the gently caress?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Palette cleanser!

The Green Party has an online store, to buy things that are branded so people know you support Green Party .

Let us buy something that shows our support for our wonderful leader, Annamie!

https://gpc-gear.myshopify.com/collections/gpc-clothing/products/next-level-3600

oh christ

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Drunk Canuck posted:

Palette cleanser!

The Green Party has an online store, to buy things that are branded so people know you support Green Party .

https://gpc-gear.myshopify.com/collections/gpc-clothing/products/next-level-3600

oh christ

lmaoooooooo

at least this one had a modicum of thought put into it https://gpc-gear.myshopify.com/collections/gpc-clothing/products/em4pm-organic-cotton-t-shirt-em4pm-t-shirt-en-coton-bio-1

they're so terrible

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

so update, what makes this even funnier is that it's the Internal Party Store for official party stuff, not meant to be public consumption (or at least easily found by the public) which this was!

they're SO loving INEPT AT EVERY GOD drat ASPECT LMFAO

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Drunk Canuck posted:

so update, what makes this even funnier is that it's the Internal Party Store for official party stuff, not meant to be public consumption (or at least easily found by the public) which this was!

they're SO loving INEPT AT EVERY GOD drat ASPECT LMFAO

lmao

that makes a lot of sense as to why they had the custom branding order options up

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Drunk Canuck posted:

oh christ

I love this totally real t-shirt that exists in the real world and is owned by someone.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

The loving Greens official campaigning store, which has a statement on the bottom about the specter of a snap election and this is For That Immediate Moment It's Time To Influence Votes

still has Elizabeth May on a whole bunch of poo poo.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Drunk Canuck posted:

The loving Greens official campaigning store, which has a statement on the bottom about the specter of a snap election and this is For That Immediate Moment It's Time To Influence Votes

still has Elizabeth May on a whole bunch of poo poo.

I wish the Green Party would campaign entirely on slogans lifted from AliExpress ads.

or maybe this one

the Greens would be a huge hit in New Gork and Pawis.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

New Gork is so much nicer than Old Gork.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lassitude posted:

I’m sick and tired of people talking poo poo about Old Gork

They’re trying their best.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Powershift posted:

I’m sick and tired of people talking poo poo about Old Gork

They’re trying their best.

....Mork is best!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Lassitude posted:

Even Old New Gork was once New Slamsterdam

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Which one is brutally cunning, and which is cunningly brutal?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/tombossert/status/1421551061286985741?s=21

Alberta has way less population and slightly better vaccination rates 64.5 single and 55.3 double vs 57.7 and 48.9 but it’s loving amazing we can’t just look down south and realize the pandemic is not over yet

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

canada finally got off it's rear end and got me my vaccine, gettin' it now

if I die remember me as I was: an okay, if occasionally extremely embarrassing, poster

e: back and oops we literally have a covid thread for posts like this

well the embarrassing part checks out!!!!

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 20:35 on Aug 1, 2021

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

canada finally got off it's rear end and got me my vaccine, gettin' it now

if I die remember me as I was: an okay, if occasionally extremely embarrassing, poster

e: back and oops we literally have a covid thread for posts like this

well the embarrassing part checks out!!!!

i'll remember you OP

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Albertans, if you have a kid born in 2009, they can get the vaccine whether or not they've turned 12. Do it now, and they'll be almost fully protected by the time Jason Kenney shoves them into the covid mines.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
shameful indeed

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/tombossert/status/1421551061286985741?s=21

Alberta has way less population and slightly better vaccination rates 64.5 single and 55.3 double vs 57.7 and 48.9 but it’s loving amazing we can’t just look down south and realize the pandemic is not over yet

Can't wait for Alberta to get so bad we ought to fence it off and then have Pallister go 'our turn!'

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Lmao owned

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Another blunder by TRUDOPE!!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This isn't news, but I was reading about Fahrenheit 451 and book censorship. I learned that it is illegal in Canada to publish the following sentence:

"On August 7, 1996, Sutton Resources of Vancouver buried 52 gold miners alive in Bulyahulu, Tanzania using bulldozers."

You can't write that! Their parent company did an investigation that determined this didn't happen, and barred Amnesty International from being allowed to visit the site, so they got a court order that blocked any mention of the incident.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chamale posted:

This isn't news, but I was reading about Fahrenheit 451 and book censorship. I learned that it is illegal in Canada to publish the following sentence:

"On August 7, 1996, Sutton Resources of Vancouver buried 52 gold miners alive in Bulyahulu, Tanzania using bulldozers."

You can't write that! Their parent company did an investigation that determined this didn't happen, and barred Amnesty International from being allowed to visit the site, so they got a court order that blocked any mention of the incident.

the idea that a court can do a gag order on anything is just cute in the internet age

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I was kinda hoping Canada would lose because the chuds are gonna be out en masse decrying Rapinoe since she had the gall to ask for equal pay. I left a few soccer groups on Facebook because it is filled to the loving brim with misogynists and racists. Not even just in the US - all over Africa and Asia. It's insanity and makes me ashamed to even like the sport.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

yeah i think that's just humans

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

heard a rumour that alberta is ending public testing as much as possible because a company that a bunch of upc members have a stake in is going to start offering drive thru tests at $18 a pop

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

filled with existential dread over the brian pallister press conference in 24 minutes where he declares the pandemic over, airs his grievances and insults the province for not liking him for an hour and then retires

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

DariusLikewise posted:

heard a rumour that alberta is ending public testing as much as possible because a company that a bunch of upc members have a stake in is going to start offering drive thru tests at $18 a pop

Yeah. The name of the company is Rapid Test and Trace. Jack Mintz is one of their board members, and he recently joined the board of AHS.

https://twitter.com/Hatjuice1/status/1422012935879098372

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gut punch all Conservatives till they puke.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

Nice. It'll work double duty; directly extracting cash from Albertans and put it in their pockets, and making the covid numbers appear to drop off in the face of the fourth wave since nobody will want to hand over a 20 to get tested.

I'm never taking my mask off.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Same, gonna get a cool one now. Don't give a gently caress if I get accosted in public - loving plague rats.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol at going in public. join me in the underworld among the rat-people. the surface world is ruin, leave it

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Same, gonna get a cool one now. Don't give a gently caress if I get accosted in public - loving plague rats.

In the last month I went on Etsy and bought a heap of really cute masks, since many are on sale.

Boring black mask for work, razzle dazzle for shopping or whatever.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

welp manitoba is essentially at 100% capacity for everything now except museums, movie theatres and art galleries. mask mandate is done and it's only a strong recommendation now. they removed all the sticks for unvaccinated people so lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol at being at 100% for stores and malls and restaurants, but not a museum

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the last thing we can afford in these unprecedented times is for people to have a sense of history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

welp manitoba is essentially at 100% capacity for everything now except museums, movie theatres and art galleries

how about hospitals?