Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Nipponophile posted:

The Fiend belt might actually be a better investment.

Going for a job interview and slapping the Fiend belt across the table when they ask what your qualifications are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Did Bray come out of any feud looking better than he did going in?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Seams posted:

Maybe the SHIELD/Wyatt Family feud but that's it

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Does anyone else remember Randy talking about having ideas for new gear and stuff and being into his whole joining the Wyatt family thing? But then he just kept coming out in his sleeveless hoodies.

I have to admit it was a pretty funny image having these filthy, bearded, swamp hobos and one overly tan baby oiled bodybuilder in a speedo chilling out with them.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Not gonna lie, Randy Orton with a massive hobo beard would have been pretty funny.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

TheKingslayer posted:

Does anyone else remember Randy talking about having ideas for new gear and stuff and being into his whole joining the Wyatt family thing? But then he just kept coming out in his sleeveless hoodies.

I have to admit it was a pretty funny image having these filthy, bearded, swamp hobos and one overly tan baby oiled bodybuilder in a speedo chilling out with them.

I’m pretty sure any time Randy’s gotten to do anything outside of being just Randy Orton he’s gotten pretty pumped about the idea. But always within months they put him back in the same mold he’s been in since the “I Hear Voices/The Viper” gimmick started, which, Jesus, that gimmick was introduced ahead of like Mania 25. That was 2009!

Sorta like when Cena was pencilled in to turn heel at one point many years ago and jumped the gun well ahead of the turn and bought several colors of a set of new gear only to be told that they scrapped the plan and were keeping him face for the foreseeable future. And no one knew this ring gear existed until he wore it as a goof during a Total Divas episode where he and Nikki had some competition for something or other.

It really must be mind numbing after a certain point to find yourself circling the same stories for like a decade straight. Any of those guys being told “we’re gonna change your presentation” probably bound over the moon in excitement over the possibility of leaving their assigned rut.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Seams posted:

He beat Cena and Finn pretty soundly. Coincidental that both returned to smackdown at the same time after The Fiend banished both of them, then the fiend is fired.

We're never getting an explanation how Cena escaped that pocket dimension are we

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 1, 2021

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Were I a billionaire running a rival promotion (and it's probably a good thing I'm not) I'd probably just throw (inflation-adjusted) prime-years-hogan-level money and a multi million-dollar signing bonus+contract payout/breach legal fees Roman's way because that would if not outright kill at least terminally cripple the WWE at this point. They've sacrificed all of their other wrestlers' credibility to a bunch of part-timers and to Roman, what else do they have left?

If Roman got seriously injured Vince would poo poo.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Cameo posted:

I’m pretty sure any time Randy’s gotten to do anything outside of being just Randy Orton he’s gotten pretty pumped about the idea. But always within months they put him back in the same mold he’s been in since the “I Hear Voices/The Viper” gimmick started, which, Jesus, that gimmick was introduced ahead of like Mania 25. That was 2009!

Sorta like when Cena was pencilled in to turn heel at one point many years ago and jumped the gun well ahead of the turn and bought several colors of a set of new gear only to be told that they scrapped the plan and were keeping him face for the foreseeable future. And no one knew this ring gear existed until he wore it as a goof during a Total Divas episode where he and Nikki had some competition for something or other.

It really must be mind numbing after a certain point to find yourself circling the same stories for like a decade straight. Any of those guys being told “we’re gonna change your presentation” probably bound over the moon in excitement over the possibility of leaving their assigned rut.

Yep. I still like Randy.

Remember when he did the jumping jack just to troll the backstage guy that told him he needed more "babyface fire"? That was cool. Remember his "anger issues" feud vs Christian? That was also cool. Hell, anyone remember way back to "get well Randy"? That was very cool.

But I get your point that he only gets to be cool and fun when he is allowed to be different from the "Viper" that he has been for most of the last decade or so.

I also get your point about how soul destroying it must be to get tastes of artistic freedom, to try and expand yourself, only to be told to "shut up, say the lines, and do the same thing we have told you to do for the last ten years." But that applies to anyone working for the WWE, not just my beautiful boy Randy.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Breetai posted:

Were I a billionaire running a rival promotion (and it's probably a good thing I'm not) I'd probably just throw (inflation-adjusted) prime-years-hogan-level money and a multi million-dollar signing bonus+contract payout/breach legal fees Roman's way because that would if not outright kill at least terminally cripple the WWE at this point. They've sacrificed all of their other wrestlers' credibility to a bunch of part-timers and to Roman, what else do they have left?

If Roman got seriously injured Vince would poo poo.

Bobby has to have 1v2 handicap matches now and he's only lost like 3 matches in 2 years (funny enough, one was to Ricochet). Basically its up to MVP to save WWE if Roman leaves. I guess Drew would be the star of the show The Hurt Business isn't on.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Blaise330 posted:

He beat Cena and Finn pretty soundly. Coincidental that both returned to smackdown at the same time after The Fiend banished both of them, then the fiend is fired.

We're never getting an explanation how Cena escaped that pocket dimension are we

I can accept that once Bray lost his Fiend powers to Alexa all the gates opened up, feels like a comic or anime thing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Having to finish the lore of the fiend through fan theories feels like one of those shows that has 50 unresolved plots and a season finale with a massive plot twist that can only be explained on the season premier.... then the show doesn't get renewed for a new season.

Although I guess finishing the lore of the fiend on tv woulda been like finishing game of thrones

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Fiend seemed designed for the kind of people that read way too much into the details of something like Five Nights at Freddy's

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

those people read way too much into the details of like a fake rare sonic 2 cartridge that tells you to gently caress off if you try to play it and sends you to hell. it just has to be any really simple idea to start with and feature some kind of mascot like the fiend or Manic the Hedgehog (a real character who is sonic's brother and insensitive to ppl struggling with their mental health)

then people will create a huge world of lore around it. It's cool

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Cavauro posted:

those people read way too much into the details of like a fake rare sonic 2 cartridge that tells you to gently caress off if you try to play it and sends you to hell. it just has to be any really simple idea to start with and feature some kind of mascot like the fiend or Manic the Hedgehog (a real character who is sonic's brother and insensitive to ppl struggling with their mental health)

then people will create a huge world of lore around it. It's cool

try falling down this fuckin rabbit hole https://weegeepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Malleo

1863 articles

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

linking me the second most famous character of the fandom? i deserve enough respect to be linked to zogen

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Cavauro posted:

linking me the second most famous character of the fandom? i deserve enough respect to be linked to zogen

its me who is the scrub

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am being a little goblin. in truth i only knew the luigi meme image, who i did not even know was not just named that luigi meme image

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Cavauro posted:

i am being a little goblin. in truth i only knew the luigi meme image, who i did not even know was not just named that luigi meme image

you clever bastard!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/FiendWWE/status/1421523579535953920

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1421821767543189509?s=20

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Why not? Nobody loving watches it anyways.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

consider this. right heah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I thought FOX only scheduled shows from 8-10pm and then it went to the local affiliates?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

a third hour of Smackdown on a different channel than the first two hours of Smackdown would turn into a second hour of Main Event in like three weeks

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Isn’t 205 live on after smackdown already?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol wwe might be the only wrestling company where you can order merch from your favorite wrestlers and theres a good chance they will no longer be employed there by the time it arrives in the mail

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The Cameo posted:

Should've built a gimmick off of his "oops" face post-Singh-beatdown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUNZYy5_nVM

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

They could make the show one hour or three hours. I’m still not watching it.

The shame in all this is that between all 4 brands they could probably put on a compelling 3 hour show with all their top tier talent. But 3 hour Smackdown just mean more Reginald and Big E/Apollo rematches.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I laughed at this comment from Dave and Bryan's vid about Bray's release:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Bless the heart of anyone who has to translate Meltzer’s word salad to a cogent thought.

I don’t know why Fox would even humor this, even on FS1.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

El Generico posted:

try falling down this fuckin rabbit hole https://weegeepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Malleo

1863 articles

what in the drat hell did i just read

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

El Generico posted:

1863 articles

When you get back from your ban+30….

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rarity posted:

I thought FOX only scheduled shows from 8-10pm and then it went to the local affiliates?

Yes and most Fox affiliates air local news at 10pm so that would piss them off. I think they should go for it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bartok posted:

Yes and most Fox affiliates air local news at 10pm so that would piss them off. I think they should go for it.

It would be on FS1. When Smackdown moved to Fox they at one point discussed this.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1421861476298485763?s=20

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1421861890477543433?s=20

So I guess the house shows are filling up now that they've got Cena on them.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Blaise330 posted:

Having to finish the lore of the fiend through fan theories feels like one of those shows that has 50 unresolved plots

My second favorite version of this is in season two of heroes. Peter Petrelli falls in love with an Irish girl, and accidentally gets teleported with to her to a dystopian future. He leaves her there by accident, changes history, then never mentions again. This series does not follow up on this.

My favorite version of this season one of heroes, where Nathan runs for Congress. It’s one of the major plot lines, Patrelli for Congress is on multiple banners. Season two opens with everyone calling him senator.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The one I always remember was that time in Firefly when River was reading everyone's mind, she gets to Book and hears some bizarre dark poo poo about how he's putting up an act and no one can see through it. Then it was never addressed again

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DeathChicken posted:

The one I always remember was that time in Firefly when River was reading everyone's mind, she gets to Book and hears some bizarre dark poo poo about how he's putting up an act and no one can see through it. Then it was never addressed again

Wasn’t that only never addressed again because they had two episodes and a movie left after that point, and they just didn’t have time? I think whedon even helped write a comic book to detail where he was gonna go with Book. He did that with Buffy, and it was apparently awful

How come they haven’t done comic books for wwe characters lately

Someone get a jhonen vasquez knockoff to do a fiend comic boo-

Oh, I guess a Lily comic book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

boxcarhobo posted:

what in the drat hell did i just read
I don't know either but it reminded me of a wiki I stumbled on once that was just a ton of super detailed press releases for made up video game sequels/crossovers. Like not concept art or describing plots, just

"WCW/ECW Revenge Tour will be released on the PS5/XBox Series S on November 14, 2021 in the United States. No date announced for EU/JP. Sources say this game will use the same engine as Def Jam vs. Marvel 2. Pre-order bonus characters include Goldberg Jr. and Waluigi. This is the first time Goldberg Jr. has appeared in a video game since ROH Even Less Mercy 3.

No Mortal Kombat characters will appear due to a falling out between the developers and Colecovision/Sega. The game will feature over 100 wrestlers, but no career mode. An E3 panel hinted at online play."

I wish I could find it again.