Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I got three billets this week, I should buy a lottery ticket.

2x Bow and Claymore, for the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Is it weird that I've never pulled a non 3 star polearm from the gacha? 4 star polearms exist right?

Still running black tassel on my shield beef bot Zhongli. Is there even any gacha 4 star polearms that are better for that? Pretty much just running hp artifacts and a geo cup. Possibky a crit helm. I guess his burst takes decent damage hit using a 3 star weapon tho.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fav is the only supportive 4* weapon you'd really use on Zhongli. high atk and it lets him go from burst to burst quicker or battery a teammate. Lithic and Deathmatch also work if you just want to push his damage.

but yeah, nothing in the 4* tier is going to help his shielding like BT or Homa.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

SiKboy posted:

My team is Anemo Traveller, Razor, Bennet and Zhongli, I also have Kaeya, Fishil and Xingqui at a reasonable level, and I'm in the process of leveling Diluc, Diona, Sucrose and Beidou as a B-team, so could theoretically sub some of them in.

You've got Diluc, XQ, ZL, Bennet. There's your heavy team. I'm assuming everyone at C0 so no Bei/Fish/XQ/Suc shenanigans. In terms of who you have leveled, Razor/Fish/Kaeya/ZL would probably be fine to wreck the event.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Is it weird that I've never pulled a non 3 star polearm from the gacha? 4 star polearms exist right?

I went eight months of pulling multiple fav lances, sac bows, and flutes before finally getting a sac sword for my day one XQ. There's only the two spears, but in general it's just the desire sensor screwing you.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

El Generico posted:

it'd be nice if the visionless got a champion

a rock lee equivalent

he has a vision... for punching

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm psyched for Fontaine, because the one Venice based anime city I've seen was incredible.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Pretty rad, got a Wolf's Gravestone off the monthly wishes on the standard banner. That, the sword for Jean, or either bow was at the top of my wishlist.

I have both Eula and Diluc; who is it better on?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It's Diluc's best weapon and Eula's second best (behind Broken Pines) so really whoever you like using more.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I have a really important question:

If the characters in GI had to eat the Ascension materials needed to level, whose "meal" would be the worst, and whose would be the best?

Based just on the characters I have, I think Zhongli's is the worst because he would have to eat literal rocks that are so hard it takes a meteor to break them instantly.

I think the least awful meal would be Xiangling, but only because she can cook really well so I think she would prepare it good.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

don longjohns posted:

I have a really important question:

If the characters in GI had to eat the Ascension materials needed to level, whose "meal" would be the worst, and whose would be the best?

Based just on the characters I have, I think Zhongli's is the worst because he would have to eat literal rocks that are so hard it takes a meteor to break them instantly.

I think the least awful meal would be Xiangling, but only because she can cook really well so I think she would prepare it good.

Zhongli is the Geo archon, so he can presumably eat any rock with no problem. I will not be taking questions at this time.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sayu wins because she has to eat rocks but they also contain curse energy

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

Zhongli is the Geo archon, so he can presumably eat any rock with no problem. I will not be taking questions at this time.

But I thought he lost his ability to transform? Like how human is his human body now?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Best would be Lisa/Noelle/Rosaria with Valberries, since they're supposedly very sweet and can be eaten raw.

Aside for rocks, the worst might be the Philanemo mushroom or the Sea Ganderma, since most of the varieties in the wild are poisonous.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was hyped the most for Inazuma and it didn't disappoint. If they only extended around the current stuff with events and lore and characters, I would be completely fine with it, tbh.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hey remember vagabond sword? also we're selling a healer burst DPS

https://twitter.com/Genshin_Intel/status/1421882820197191686?s=20

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

They're selling me how I built my Barbara

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

El Generico posted:

it'd be nice if the visionless got a champion

a rock lee equivalent

The fisherman guy in Liyue who effortlessly defeats all the Ruin Hunters.

dogsicle posted:

Fav is the only supportive 4* weapon you'd really use on Zhongli. high atk and it lets him go from burst to burst quicker or battery a teammate. Lithic and Deathmatch also work if you just want to push his damage.

but yeah, nothing in the 4* tier is going to help his shielding like BT or Homa.

What's "BT"?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 1, 2021

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
This is also for those who've been Qiqi'd.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

The fisherman guy in Liyue who effortlessly defeats all the Ruin Hunters.

What's "BT"?

Black tassel

MajorBonnet posted:

This is also for those who've been Qiqi'd.

Roll for Sailor Venus, get Qiqi'ed

:same:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

don longjohns posted:

But I thought he lost his ability to transform? Like how human is his human body now?

Zhongli was probably able to transform long before he received the Gnosis. He's got a non-human form and the ability to shapeshift into various human forms—according to a bunch of the Liyue tales about him—like the illuminated beast adepti that follow him. (Xiao's got a human form, but he's actually some kind of mythical bird.)

In the Chinese version, one of the NPCs says he normally appears in a half-dragon half-qilin form during the Rite of Descension, so that might be his true form.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dogsicle posted:

Kind of insane for Noelle...

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Farming handguards for Ayaka has been the slowest item farming I’ve done for any non-boss drop. It feels like their drop rate is lower than other enemy materials. I seem to only get one white handguard every 1.5 Samurai I kill, meanwhile a fatui will usually drop two items or a vishap will drop three and at least one will be rare.

I guess since Ayaka is the only character who can use them at the moment it isn’t too bad, but when they add more characters who need this as a drop I hope they increase the rate you can get them.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dogsicle posted:

"If your main DPS is Diluc or Razor you should gently caress yourself forever until you are dead" - Mihoyo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I guess since Ayaka is the only character who can use them at the moment it isn’t too bad, but when they add more characters who need this as a drop I hope they increase the rate you can get them.

Baal also uses billions of them

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Electro Traveler uses some handguards too but you only have to take his talents to 4 to get the full energy restoration values (this is with the +3 bonus from constellations, so we're missing part of that right now).

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Artifacts still frustrate the poo poo, same as they did when I played back at launch. Is there some easy guide or something I can follow that just lets me forget about them? Especially if I don't even have any 5" yet.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Artifacts are like the core of making a character good.

So no, you gotta deal with it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview

This is a good resource for figuring out what artifact sets and substats a particular character wants, along with weapon choice and talent priority. It should give you a good direction to go at least.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You will always have to engage with artifacts somewhat but if you are not looking to do well in abyss you really don't need to stress about having amazing substats and poo poo

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Wow, add me to the pile of people saying "gently caress having a long unskippable cutscene in front of a boss fight"

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I know Zhong Li was probably an adeptus before he became the geo archon but I like to think he was originally a geo slime or something, like Venti started life as a tiny anemo sprite.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Maybe I should burn through my 40 fragile resin on artifact domains because I have nothing but crap. I'm not too selective, I can be flexible with the primary stat like with Yanfei I'll take any 5* crimson witch artifact with Pyro Dmg/Crit Rate/Attack as a primary stat and hopefully at least two %-based substats. Instead I've gotten 25 5* lavawalkers artifacts and 10 crimson witch artifacts. I don't even want to think about how many wasted domain runs that amounts to.

Glad I haven't done the ascension quest to bump up to WL6 yet. Being able to drop down to WL4 to quickly grind out the machine battlefront was a big timesaver. I think I'll keep WL4 as an option for weekly bounties until I have at least 2 characters and weapons ready to ascend at level 80.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I got three billets this week, I should buy a lottery ticket.

2x Bow and Claymore, for the record.
Does the entirety of the game and all events only contain 1 bow billet? I have 1 bow billet and no craftable bows. The majority of my characters are sword users so as far as upgraded weapons I have 5 swords, 1 bow, 1 greatsword, 1 catalyst. Is there an Inazuma quest that gives you a free sword billet? I got one sword billet from the Inazuma tree.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Artifacts are like the core of making a character good.

So no, you gotta deal with it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview

This is a good resource for figuring out what artifact sets and substats a particular character wants, along with weapon choice and talent priority. It should give you a good direction to go at least.

This is something though, thanks, I don't mind working towards something as long as I know what it is. Compared to armor sets in other games, I just find everything about artifacts annoying, from the way you switch between them, to the UI, to the fact that they're just like a loving flower or a feather. I don't know, maybe it gets more interesting when you get top-tier artifacts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My honest advice is that you can easily cruise through the entire game on good 2 piece slots, like 2 piece gladiator. Most of the artifact min-max poo poo is just for making abyss runs faster which is not worth worrying about.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You really care about set type, and hope for a good or acceptable main stat. Three of my pyro characters have attack% hats because I've never had a crimson witch crit rate or crit dmg hat drop, despite dropping about 25 condensed on that domain thus far.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Tae posted:

Baal also uses billions of them

Pretty sure Sara does too :smithicide:

e; I was wrong, she uses masks. How appropriate.

Bland fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 1, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just comfortably working on the new material grind and trying to collect Sakura Blossoms, Onikabuto, Crystal Marrow, Naku Weeds, etc even though I'm skipping Ayaka and Yoimiya. We're getting like 7 new characters halfway through this month, gonna need a lot of stuff to ascend them.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Farming handguards for Ayaka has been the slowest item farming I’ve done for any non-boss drop. It feels like their drop rate is lower than other enemy materials. I seem to only get one white handguard every 1.5 Samurai I kill, meanwhile a fatui will usually drop two items or a vishap will drop three and at least one will be rare.

I don't understand why they work differently from other drops where instead of dropping 2-4 of their common with a chance at uncommon and rare, they drop 0-1 of their common and occasionally something more than that. While needing just as many as any other enemy to build a character.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ledgem posted:

I don't understand why they work differently from other drops where instead of dropping 2-4 of their common with a chance at uncommon and rare, they drop 0-1 of their common and occasionally something more than that. While needing just as many as any other enemy to build a character.

I'm getting the same at WL8. Do they drop even fewer at lower world levels?

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
New abyss 12 trip report:
For my teams at least the new 12-1 is the hardest floor now and 12-3 is completelly free. 12-3 is probably the easiest it has been since the second one with the geo shield hilichurls. The mangu kenki floor sounded scary but it went down like a chump to ayaka ults.

The kairagi and their cc immunity were a problem, I couldn't kill them together so I was not able to avoid one of them getting to second phase. Double spawn on both sides was an issue too.

But in the end it was a very fast abyss 12 run, much easier than the previous one imo.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You really care about set type, and hope for a good or acceptable main stat. Three of my pyro characters have attack% hats because I've never had a crimson witch crit rate or crit dmg hat drop, despite dropping about 25 condensed on that domain thus far.

Yeah, substat minmaxing is a special level of hell and for the really crazy people that just want to make their waifu/husbando as ultra powerful as possible.

There's a few different priorities depending on character but generally speaking you want:
  • An elemental damage goblet. This will generally be your 1 off-set piece because these are hell to farm.
  • ATK% Sands.
  • Crit Rate/Crit Damage Circlet
  • Anemo characters will want EM in all the above slots if you luck into them.

There's exceptions to the above of course and it depends on the character. Diona, Barbara, & eventually Kokomi will value HP% or Healing mainstats. Albedo & Noelle like DEF% Sands. And other edge cases. That google spreadsheet I linked before will always give you a good reference for those kinda cases.

As far as substats go you will farm for the next 5 years if you try to find the perfect combination of substats with high rolls. As long as you get at least one decent roll on some you should be fine.