Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Kurzon posted:

The cops will do what they are told to do, and so if the public exerts enough pressure they can make the cops serve the public interest. Besides, you can't compare what the French cops are doing to what happens in, say, China, which is a true authoritarian state. When you Americans call your country authoritarian, why is it you don't compare it to actual authoritarian states such as China?

You are the stupidest human being allowed to post on these forums holy poo poo shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

VitalSigns posted:

the white supremacist orgs at American cops keep joining
Be fair, that's a two way street.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

As a non-American let me assure you that your conservatives are lunatics and absolutely not the norm. The sanest, polite, most centrist and civil Republican - The least Republican Republican, basically - Would be considered a unsavory fringe figure in the conservative parties around here.

I mean don't get me wrong our conservatives suck but America's conservative movement is the only one who could have spawned something as utterly demented as Q.

People who say this should be required to disclose what country they come from because it's always like "Your American conservatives are lunatics, not the norm, not like our conservatives who are primarily concerned with immigration and the economy and HEY WAIT A MINUTE"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I'm from Australia and our right wing lunatics are suspiciously similar in policy and tone to the American right wing lunatics

qanon might have started in the US but it gained a foothold everywhere. these ideas aren't exclusive to a single country anymore, even if folks in the US tend to propagate them a bit more loud and proud

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's why they have to say "started" in the US because you've got Q people in Germany now

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Aqhtung!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Kurzon posted:

The cops will do what they are told to do, and so if the public exerts enough pressure they can make the cops serve the public interest.

I wonder how people can exert enough pressure to make cops serve the public interest?

It isn't by peaceful protesting, because cops will beat and murder peaceful protesters, and claim they were Antifa supersoldier thugs, and our right wing media will happily accept this story, and even less right wing places like CNN will at least present that as possible even if they don't outright push it like Fox News does.

It isn't by petitioning their elected officials, since not even most Democrats are willing to hold cops accountable for their actions or even do things that would help significantly like defunding the police or at least preventing them from buying up military gear and poo poo. Instead they'll get responses like giving the cops more money for "better training" which is loving useless because training won't help. Derek Chauvin was not somehow unaware that crushing a man's windpipe for nearly ten minutes would result in him dying, more/better training would not have prevented George Floyd's death because Derek Chauvin is a racist shithead who wanted to murder a man. And yet, "more/better training" is the only poo poo that pretty much any Democrat will offer, so this is a complete dead end to persuading cops as well.

So what the hell is left?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Q

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Kurzon posted:

France. Have you heard of Jean-Marie Le Pen? He's this far-right politician. In 2002 he ran for President against Jacques Chirac. He lost by 17.8% vs 82.2%. It was the biggest landslide in French history. The French people didn't even like Chirac all that much, but they were not about to put a neo-Nazi on the throne. Because of this, in 2016 I earnestly thought you Americans would elect Hillary Clinton if only to keep Trump out of office. I read that Trump was nominated by the votes of party extremists, and I assumed that the more moderate conservatives would reluctantly vote for Hillary because they had too much good sense to put a man like Trump on the American throne.
This post is just you admitting to not understanding US politics. It completely undermines your previous argument that you are well versed in US politics because you are on the internet.

I've witnessed police first had kettle BLM protestors into Proud Boys and then stand back.
I've watched them unload bait cars off a trailer.
I've seen them attack medics.
I've even seen them do loving toys for tots with proud boys. In that same town, they shut down BLM protests while allowing people to walk the streets with nooses.

Cops in DC cracked the skull of an elderly man. The whole department protested the fact that the cop responsible got put on leave.

It's rotten from root to fruit. If there are good cops out there, they aren't loud enough for anyone to hear.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

someone explain american law enforcement to Kurzon because I just cahn't.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I don't think this Twitter thread explains it all, but at the same time it all explains it.
https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1224881005120630787

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Acute Grill posted:

You are the stupidest human being allowed to post on these forums holy poo poo shut the gently caress up.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I think if you're allowed to call your government authoritarian it's probably not authoritarian. And I think the problem is police is similar to out problem with the medical system. It's so decentralized it's really hard to push through reforms.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lammasu posted:

I think if you're allowed to call your government authoritarian it's probably not authoritarian.

People were murdered by the government last summer for going into the street and saying that

But even if that weren't the case that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's not illegal in Russia to call Putin authoritarian so I guess he must not be.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Kurzon posted:

Unlike Weimar Germany, America is a mature democracy and mature democracies are more robust than you think.
When 100 million climate refugees show up at your borders you'll run at full speed to the voting booth to elect whoever will promise to murder them all the fastest.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

alf_pogs posted:

I'm from Australia and our right wing lunatics are suspiciously similar in policy and tone to the American right wing lunatics

qanon might have started in the US but it gained a foothold everywhere. these ideas aren't exclusive to a single country anymore, even if folks in the US tend to propagate them a bit more loud and proud

Im brazilian and right now out conservatives are very much like the american conservatives but on steroids, except here they are still in power and have open support from the military

And they are very high on qanon too, which is why I follow this thread

edit: 1) Im just saying: it can be worst and 2) qanon unfortunately is no longer an exclusively american phenomenon

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 1, 2021

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I know that QAnon or something based on and resembling it has become an international cult among Nazis, but how do foreign Qultists reconcile their extreme nationalism with the fact that the messiah of QAnon is the (former/secret current) leader of a foreign nation? Like it's not even like the Hitler worship where you have the gulf of time to help allow for you to reconcile it with nationalism. Donald J. Trump was until very recently the leader of America, and according to QAnon he still is. It's a cult devoted to the worship of a foreign politician as the messiah.

I assume these foreign Qults drop that element and stick to the broad strokes of it? In which case I have to ask if it's really QAnon at that point and not just another of countless forms of esoteric fascism/apocalyptic fascism?

Like I don't for a second think that QAnon has had enormous international influence and stuff, I'm just saying I'd be surprised if it's entirely accurate to say that QAnon is itself a global religion/movement rather than the impetus for one.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Here in Brazil they love Trump just as much as they love Bolsonaro (and Bolsonaro himself loves Trump) and they are actually expecting that Trump is coming back to power now on August and will somehow save Bolsonaro from the upcoming 2022 fraud and the international conspiracy against him

edit: have in mind that these people would love and approve if Brazil became an American colony. That's how their nationalism works

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I know that QAnon or something based on and resembling it has become an international cult among Nazis, but how do foreign Qultists reconcile their extreme nationalism with the fact that the messiah of QAnon is the (former/secret current) leader of a foreign nation? Like it's not even like the Hitler worship where you have the gulf of time to help allow for you to reconcile it with nationalism. Donald J. Trump was until very recently the leader of America, and according to QAnon he still is. It's a cult devoted to the worship of a foreign politician as the messiah.

I assume these foreign Qults drop that element and stick to the broad strokes of it? In which case I have to ask if it's really QAnon at that point and not just another of countless forms of esoteric fascism/apocalyptic fascism?

Like I don't for a second think that QAnon has had enormous international influence and stuff, I'm just saying I'd be surprised if it's entirely accurate to say that QAnon is itself a global religion/movement rather than the impetus for one.

Qanon is syncretic and even in the US people discard or add elements as they need. You’re right to see it as a promise of fascist violence, as that’s all it’s ever been.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
While there are probably literally countless versions of QAnon, I do feel like there is enough of a central framework that you can kind of create a definition for what is and is not QAnon.

-The world is controlled by degenerate liberal elites who do horrific things to children. They may do this because they are literally Satanic, or it may be for sci-fi reasons (ADRENOCHROME) or simply because they are degenerate pedophiles in it for the pleasure.
--These elites are often not explicitly the Jews, but are implicitly the Jews.
-Donald J. Trump is the messiah who will/has already cast down the liberal elites. He may be a time traveler, but the how and why of his powers are not important. If he has not already defeated the cabal, then when he does so it will usher in a utopian future. If he has already defeated them, then he is simply waiting for [reasons] to reveal this fact, and the literal apocalypse - in the sense of a revelation - will usher in a utopian age.
--In either case the faithful will get to revel in 'i told you sos' to the few surviving liberals who have not been liquidated, and will be rewarded for having kept the faith.
-While there is no explicit reason to not go out and start murdering liberals now, there is also no explicit call to action. Nothing is required of the faithful beyond their obedience and their hatred. Trust the plan, hate the Other, no actual meaningful action is necessary.

EDIT: And I think that last point is one of the more important ones. QAnon is, among other things, slacktivism for fascists.

RoboChrist 9000 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 1, 2021

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

1) I don't think Qanon types are big on logic or consistency and
2) I think one central tenet is that the (((bad people))) are running things in an international conspiracy and Trump is doing bad things to the (((bad people))) and once he defeats them then the normal nationalist leaders of various countries will be in control, but the (((bad people))) are currently stopping people like Bolsarano from running his country and doing good.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
They're not big on logic or consistency, but they are big on emotions. And 'the messiah is a foreign leader, not mine' is not a thing these people tend to find a happy thought. Plus, yeah, if we are going to use the term 'QAnon' to mean anything more than 'fascist' we're going to need to have some sort of logical or at least coherent definition of it. Otherwise what is this thread about?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

It's going to keep mutating faster than you can come up with a consensus definition, if you try to go at all narrow with it. Personally I'm liking your "slacktivism for fascists" take.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I know that QAnon or something based on and resembling it has become an international cult among Nazis, but how do foreign Qultists reconcile their extreme nationalism with the fact that the messiah of QAnon is the (former/secret current) leader of a foreign nation? Like it's not even like the Hitler worship where you have the gulf of time to help allow for you to reconcile it with nationalism.
The Hitler worship started before he even got cold (or arrived in Argentina or whatever they believe) because extreme nationalism is more than capable of being internally self contradictory and dumb as poo poo.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

-Donald J. Trump is the messiah who will/has already cast down the liberal elites. He may be a time traveler, but the how and why of his powers are not important. If he has not already defeated the cabal, then when he does so it will usher in a utopian future. If he has already defeated them, then he is simply waiting for [reasons] to reveal this fact, and the literal apocalypse - in the sense of a revelation - will usher in a utopian age.

EDIT: And I think that last point is one of the more important ones. QAnon is, among other things, slacktivism for fascists.

The "We already won" aspect of Qanon mythology will always fascinate me until my death because it's probably the most revealing thing about it. This isn't about ideology, tribalism or pseudo mysticism. It's all about giving yourself a license to be a gigantic rear end in a top hat to everyone around you and not feeling the slightest modicum of guilt over it because no matter what you'll be vindicated in due time.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

DarklyDreaming posted:

It's all about giving yourself a license to be a gigantic rear end in a top hat to everyone around you and not feeling the slightest modicum of guilt over it because no matter what you'll be vindicated in due time.

yeah thats just being maga

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I don't see why ignoring that QAnon says Trump is a magical savior would be a problem for foreign Q people, when the ones we have here in America are moving on without him anyway.

Like TheDonald.win changing its url to Patriots.win or whatever

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Qanon doesn’t have anything to do with q any more either. The whole thing started with their posts and used to be an exercise in decoding them and canonicity used to be a subject of debate. It’s been at least eight months since there was a q post and it’s been far longer since q or their posts have mattered at all.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What do you think ever happened to this woman praying to trump on inauguration day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmDAW6a5mvo

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Qanon doesn’t have anything to do with q any more either. The whole thing started with their posts and used to be an exercise in decoding them and canonicity used to be a subject of debate. It’s been at least eight months since there was a q post and it’s been far longer since q or their posts have mattered at all.

Ya after the account got taken over by the last people it turned into self aware bullshit, the tone was completely wrong

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
horse_qbooks

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The Watkins have the charisma and writing skill of dead-eyed sex tourists in SEAsia, they were total dog poo poo at being Q. Every other QAnon grifter had to rise through the ranks on their own merits, evolutionary selection on the basis of being able to spur Engagement. Entertain or die. But not the Watkins, who had it fall into their laps, and their position made them an easy conduit for billionaire dark money.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.

What do you think ever happened to this woman praying to trump on inauguration day?

Likely got scammed out of her money by someone promising the real inside story about how trump is actually still president.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

This bums me out man.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Death by stupidity (corona virus)

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

They all know what a gun is designed for and they're all waiting for their chance to use it that way, but they know they can't talk about that openly until the day arrives. From the start, pro-gun people are preparing for the race war described in the Turner Diaries. You can get them to say it if you push hard enough for long enough and they have to sit and listen, like at Thanksgiving. They don't all know what the Turner Diaries is, but the theory is in place for all of them.

The part that bugs me the most...

Say somehow the worst of the worst happened. They get their made in USA race war, all the people in charge have decided that all the subhumans (which is virtually everyone else) has to be murdered.

This isn't centuries past when black people were fighting with incredibly severe disadvantages. Yeah, things are still pretty poo poo for them now, but the era of when the white people had ALL the guns and ALL the knowledge is long gone. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if many, many black people have been expecting this to happen in some way for decades, and when it finally seems like it will pop off in this wretched hypothetical, they won't just stand there and take it. They'll run. They'll organize. They'll fight back. The days when the racists could just get up on horses and send dogs to run their half-starved slaves down so they could kill them at their leisure is done.

The Turner Diaries is pure racist porn; everything succeeds because the writer just wants to get to the 'day of the rope'. The mass murdering of near helpless victims who can't fight back, who DON'T fight back (who can't fight back because they're inferior etc etc). There would probably be some of that, but nowhere to the degree that these lot want. So they'll finally be keyed up to be murderous little cowardly shits and they'll find that there's no one to murder.

Guess who the worst of them will turn on? The weaker of their own. These people think a race war means that some colored people will attack your house at night and eat your kids while skinning you alive? No. It'll be the worst of the worst of the psychopaths who were given full permission to act without consequence, your 'fellow' whites, because drat it, they need a victim, they deserve one, 'they' said they could have one, you will do. The three percent of the true monstrous POS' would rip through the 97 other percent like a thresher through corn.

TL:DR A race war would likely mean the biggest monsters would soon be kicking in the doors of all the ironic 4channer and other internet racists and dragging THEM out to be hanged.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Aug 2, 2021

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

RubberLuffy posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1421137146761601024

So TRUMP just kinda confirming he gets his own info from online conspiracy nuts?

This is worse. The second part where Trump admits to deeply monitoring Q and Q adjacent internet spaces implies that he is deliberately manipulating them with known false narratives that he is coercing from government sources.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Murgos posted:

This is worse. The second part where Trump admits to deeply monitoring Q and Q adjacent internet spaces implies that he is deliberately manipulating them with known false narratives that he is coercing from government sources.

quote:

“You guys may not be following the internet the way I do,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document.

So.. that's where you came up with "closely monitoring" ?

Trump is a narcissist so of course he is reading Q-anon bullshit and given how bad his brain has gotten he's probably starting to believe he's the messiah, but I don't think of Trump as being capable of "closely monitoring" anything. He's way too lazy. Of course, he's repeating stuff back from his echo chamber, he's been doing that for years, he admitted he did the same thing with Hilary and the "lock her up" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Murgos posted:

No. Down this route lies Prester Jane's madness that Q is actually a government op, also all the fireworks last year were a government op, and anything else is an op. Trump doesn't admit to monitoring Q and you're being foolish. He's not even monitoring Q, he's got some intern on 4chan duty believing whatever dumb poo poo they read.