Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blues thief
Apr 1, 2013
He's having a very nice time today.

https://twitter.com/ted_pen/status/1421842796307156994

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Oh it doesn't end there!

https://twitter.com/RhonddaBryant/status/1421840799042580482

https://twitter.com/jmcevoy_2/status/1421842215731597318?s=19

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Actually I was the MP involved in turning a blind eye to the ethnic cleansing.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/650184561045995520

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

I love the craven 'pretend I've been threatened with violence' move, nice to see something pioneered by a local MP really catch on.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

JoylessJester posted:

I love the craven 'pretend I've been threatened with violence' move, nice to see something pioneered by a local MP really catch on.

He deleted the post about being hit with hammers, but in reply to the "they're rakes mates" he tweeted "it says hammers mate". He also seems to have no experience with the concept of sarcasm https://twitter.com/simon_vessey/status/1421800007011819525?s=21.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i’m glad this moron got traded to the mets

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wait, all of those self-owns were from today?... loving hell

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

When you're wrong the best thing to do is to be as wrong as possible, nobody likes a half assed idiot.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bump_fn posted:

i’m glad this moron got traded to the mets

Giants

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

When you're wrong the best thing to do is to be as wrong as possible, nobody likes a half assed idiot.

After a certain point reality overflows and nobody believes you're wrong, because surely no one can be that stupid.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just now realising that Hussein's podcast is a zero short.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

no that’s kris

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1421586723428048899

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What film was he watching?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

bump_fn posted:

can i get a source on this because i desperately want it to be true

I got my odd toff names slightly mixed up, it’s because of this woman who was the nemesis of Elizabeth the 1st and married Robert Dudley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lettice_Knollys

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the movie that nick cage jnvestigates in 8mm

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Fund raiser for The Flying Farage

Simon Williams (Men Behaving Dadly) has started this fundraiser for a new RNLI hovercraft.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/buy-a-new-rnli-hovercraft-called-the-flying-farage

Are there stretch goals for pintle mounts?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Z the IVth posted:

After a certain point reality overflows and nobody believes you're wrong, because surely no one can be that stupid.

Oh and this gem from 2011 that's suddenly been deleted after 10 years

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 1, 2021

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
NORMAN!!!

NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!! PUT ON THE NEWS NORMAN THEY'VE BROKEN A WINDOW OF A TOPSHOP, NORMAN!!! WHY AREN'T THEY SHOOTING THEM YET :mad:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

OwlFancier posted:

What film was he watching?

Birth of a nation

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

oh dear god the sycophancy

like i know i should expect this from the telegraph """journalists""", but the sheer naked slobbering sycophancy of this loving tweet kind of caught me off guard a bit. its like almost sinister or something, i don't know lol

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
This is about the closest to genuine journalism from a Brit that I've read in a long time
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/tried-morrisons-cafes-full-english-5706129.amp

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Is it a bit odd that Johnson briefed the press about his and Carrie’s pregnancy before his father?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Marmaduke! posted:

This is about the closest to genuine journalism from a Brit that I've read in a long time
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/tried-morrisons-cafes-full-english-5706129.amp

Thinking about how this chick probably did a 3 year journalism degree, followed by several years of local newspaper reporting in order to get the opportunity to write this article.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
That is the saddest full English I've seen in my life

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

weren't you watching the euros final?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Morrisons non veggie full English is pretty good actually imo

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Anyone know anything about Portsmouth & covid?

I've had to book a week off work for mid September for annual leave and my friend and I were thinking of going there. Seems enough to keep us entertained for 3 days.

I wouldn't be going at all if I didn't have this wretched airbnb refund voucher that has to be used before end of 2021 (even though it was a refund for a trip booked in january 2020 before covid was a thing - couldn't prove cancelled travel plans so they wouldn't give money refund.

And there's no guarantee that if there is another lockdown and we have to cancel this that the voucher will be reusable.

Shan't do airbnb again after this voucher has been used.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Very excited to have a sequel to Thangam Debbonaire being told to get in the sea & taking it as a death threat.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Which Dirk Gently show are you talking about? Tbh I like both but it’s a pity the more recent one is associated with Max Landis.

EDIT: Oh, the conversation moved on significantly. For some reason the pages weren’t loading for me.

Comrade Fakename fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 1, 2021

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Pistol_Pete posted:

3 year journalism degree, followed by several years of local newspaper reporting in order to get the opportunity to write this article.

and that article link :(

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
bit of dogging dirt for bristolians bored with beth banging on about budget breakfasts teehee

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
My favourite journalism was whoever found out you could use bread to construct your own sandwiches.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Comrade Fakename posted:

Which Dirk Gently show are you talking about? Tbh I like both but it’s a pity the more recent one is associated with Max Landis.

EDIT: Oh, the conversation moved on significantly. For some reason the pages weren’t loading for me.

I was talking about the BBC one with the two blokes from Green Wing (Guy and the holistic healing bloke), I wasn't aware there even was another one.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I was talking about the BBC one with the two blokes from Green Wing (Guy and the holistic healing bloke), I wasn't aware there even was another one.

With Elijah Wood. That's the only one I've seen and I really enjoyed it.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Yeah, not as my opinion counts for much (as we're currently bingeing the vampire diaries) but Dirk Gently was a lot of fun. Partner and I enjoyed it and we were both sad it got cancelled.

minema
May 31, 2011
Spent the weekend being shown round Bristol by our very extroverted friend, feel like I know more about their city than where I've been living for 8 years. Lovely city although the scooter things look like a bloody liability

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Apparently the viewership was astronomically low, like 500,000 for season one and 100,000 people for season two on BBC America. They were astonishingly lucky to get a second season and knew they weren't getting a third, so they made sure it got a proper ending.

I don't know why it was so unpopular, Max Landis wasn't completely toxic by then and it was excellent television. A murder mystery revolving around a kitten? Who didn't want that?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Yeah, there were two Dirk Gently shows in relatively short succession, one was a Sherlock-aping sort of thing with Stephen Mangan in 2012 that no-one watched because it ran on BBC 4 of all places. The other was made by BBC America but turned up on Netflix here in 2016, written by Max Landis and with Elijah Wood in the cast, and that was a bit of a Doctor Who riff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Can confirm Abi Wilkinson quite frequently deactivates and reactivates. I think it helps her get work done or something.