Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chris should take notes from today's episode of cumtown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Trabisnikof posted:

i know everyone hates radiolab but honestly a good 20% of the time the sound effects were good and helpful

an effect like in this unrelated video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjAqR1zICA0
a good 20% of the time still leaves a bad 80% of the time.

there isn't anything inherently wrong with sound effects if it adds something to the narrative or exemplifying something, say like an episode on Number Stations or something. but how does a bunch a random boops and beeps and gorilla hooting add to an episode about Typhoid Mary?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i do give credit to Radiolabs being essentially an podcast "before" there was podcasts, and there are some genuine good episodes on there like AIDS Patient Zero or Typhoid Mary, and it could be good but it's just dragged into the mud with terrible overproduction

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

shrike82 posted:

will is underrated in holding their podcasts together. matt and felix's other projects have been so-so - hell of presidents hasn't been great either

I think Hell of Presidents is one of the best things any Chapo has ever done.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

What if I don't give a gently caress about your president

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

chris wade is babby's first just-downloaded-Audacity producer but yeah that drags it down.

fortunately, i, being strong of will and mind, used to listen to Radiolab on NPR and so i'm immune to obnoxious sound effects in perpetuity from such horrific evil that is that show

*static white noise followed by loud ding dong*
THIS
*car tires locking up skidding and crashing into a wall*
IS
*loud cat rowling*
RADIO
*spooky dramatic synth bite*
LABS
*loud big ben clock striking gong*
TODAY WE WILL
*lightning strike sound effect*
BE TALKING
*loud firework exploding noise*
ABOUT
*machine gun fire noises*
AN APE
*soda can popping open loudly*
WITH
*10 seconds of long dramatic silence*
[multiple people talking over each other in chorus repeating the same word in a church reverberation effect]: SYPHILLIS, SYPHILLIS? SYHPILLIS!

maybe it's a bit?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
chris wade's soundboard nature owns, its fine. he could be so much more obnoxious with it

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Jonny 290 posted:

chris wade's soundboard nature owns, its fine. he could be so much more obnoxious with it

https://youtu.be/_3F2DsunRRQ

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

mcmagic posted:

I agree id heard of the party system periodization before but I’m dumb and the pod is the best level of academic decoding to make it make sense to me

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I've learned more about the Presidents from that show than I have from schooling. Which isn't saying much but there it is.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
matts also said that america as it exists now didn’t really start until after the civil war so it’s just getting to the most relevant parts

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Matt & Chris have excellent chemistry as ancient Jedi Master and mincing Padawan and the show is extremely digestible. I would recommend to anyone.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
i want chris to do more soundboards. the train sounds were far FAR to short in this weeks last episode. i know you frauds read this forum!!! more train sounds!!

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
he needs to borrow nick's soundboard

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i figured out how to set up my traktor deck as a soundboard for my stream lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

XMNN posted:

I just listened to the episode that's from (80) and it was really good, just them all chatting with adam explaining how going to israel made him antizionist

same thing happened to me at 14, but instead of birthright i was with a christian missionary group sent to convert them with puppet shows and we got chased out of neighborhoods by mobs lol

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

some plague rats posted:

Calm down Snake

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jetto Jagga posted:

Calm down Snake

lmao

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
“Joe, you’re the president of jack poo poo”

“Come on, Sam”

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jetto Jagga posted:

Calm down Snake

I couldn't remember the exact line so I gave it a shot instead of googling it, which is what plissken would do, and you know what? Close enough for government work

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

some plague rats posted:

Not My President. Anyway anyone else think the babe terrorist suicide hijacker from that movie is hot.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

mcmagic posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mcmagic posted:

i like the History is a Weapon talks on antifada more but these are second-best

if anyone has the premium eps of those i'd love to hear 'em

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i say swears online posted:

i like the History is a Weapon talks on antifada more but these are second-best

if anyone has the premium eps of those i'd love to hear 'em

its a crime they didn't just get together and make dedicated history is weapon podcast

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
squeeze matt dry, wring everything out of him

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The podcasting refractory period gets longer with age

Anyway I find the soundboard excess charming

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

there was a brief period where matt looked like he was physically better (in the vlogs) when he first moved to LA but he's back to looking like poo poo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
According to absolutely everyone who lives there, LA seems like an overcrowded and polluted shithole so that isn’t very surprising. I wonder, does Matt have a car? His condition makes it sound like he’d have issues working the peddles, but I know they make cars for people with unresponsive legs.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

squeeze matt dry, wring everything out of him

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I tried listening to antifada but it was too soy even for me, the soyest of boys

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I've liked the history episodes with Matt Christman but besides those it's not very good.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Antifada was one of the rare podcasts where I actively dislike it instead of just being meh

Too bad it doesn't actually pump me full of bimbofication soy

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

saw a copy of The Chapo Guide to Revolution book at Goodwill

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

Antifada was one of the rare podcasts where I actively dislike it instead of just being meh

Same, I tried to listen to episodes after matt or the trillbillies have been on and just can't. It's so incredibly boring, people like the war nerd do "academic" podcasts so much better.

Also one of the hosts went all in on the Alex Morse allegations despite them being disproven.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Also one of the hosts went all in on the Alex Morse allegations despite them being disproven.
god drat. that poo poo was sickening. I’m still mad about it

and lol the Stringer stuff was about the same and look what happened, Eric adams lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

here are the bush meme/posters discussed on the latest RWN

https://twitter.com/huntclancy/status/1421888803753668614?s=21

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i was surprised the guy didn't have anything interesting to say about the clancyverse - it seems like a target rich environment for jokes

the chapo episode where they review the office guy tom clancy series was pretty fun

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

According to absolutely everyone who lives there, LA seems like an overcrowded and polluted shithole so that isn’t very surprising. I wonder, does Matt have a car? His condition makes it sound like he’d have issues working the peddles, but I know they make cars for people with unresponsive legs.

i was in LA recently, and if i actually lived there i would ride a motorcycle. took me over 2 hours to go 5 miles on one of the interstates in the middle of the afternoon. motorcycles seemed to be the only ones getting places, because they can go between the lanes of essentially parked cars

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bust Rodd posted:

According to absolutely everyone who lives there, LA seems like an overcrowded and polluted shithole

… he lived in NYC of which these adjectives are even worse there. LA has an okay-and-improving metro and he has a semi-new girlfriend there that I’m sure has a car if needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
he’s rich as gently caress lol. drat you ppl forget this or something?