Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Monster was a Titan of manga and Pluto is still relatively obscure is why.

uhhhh....what

quote:

Pluto was a critical and commercial success, winning several awards, including the ninth Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize, and selling over 8.5 million copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Good soup! posted:

uhhhh....what

hope he gets his big break some day!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

They announced a Pluto anime years ago. They've been completely silent since that announcement, but I have faith it will appear someday.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I mean, Pluto is short compared to 20th Century Boys, Monster, Billy Bat, and Master Keaton, but it's generally one of the ones folks know if they know Urasawa at all. It's not Naruto or One Piece, but it's also not, like, some one shot that ran once in a contest magazine and has never been reprinted

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
They should make a movie out of the kaiju story in his Sneeze anthology

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Srice posted:

They announced a Pluto anime years ago. They've been completely silent since that announcement, but I have faith it will appear someday.

drat I hadn't even seen or heard about this, apparently Urasawa said he was working on "some anime" late last year according to a few news sites?? hoping he's talking about that

Trying not to get too excited because I was hoping for a while we'd see more Vampire Hunter D and well...

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Reread our dreams at dusk, still v. gay, still v. good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1417964449621848064?s=20

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hanukkah Harry sighs and draws his macabee

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
a young boy named akihiko longlastinglampoil is the reincarnation of the first hanukkah menorah

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hathaway was neat but now I want more, is more coming or?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

HootTheOwl posted:

Hathaway was neat but now I want more, is more coming or?

It's planned for a trilogy but there's no telling how long it will be till the next one. Part 1 was already delayed for a year due to covid.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Only like 4 episodes in but the new Godzilla netflix anime series (not the cg movies) is actually pretty good! It's got Jet Jaguar folks, we love to see it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
It did the impossible, it made me like Jet Jaguar. I don't understand how the "make Jet Jaguar invincible" thing worked, but I feel like it would make sense if someone explained it so that's good enough for me.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
i just learned syd mead did the industrial design for turn-a-gundam so im thinking i should watch that now

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i just learned syd mead did the industrial design for turn-a-gundam so im thinking i should watch that now

Turn A is very good.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

turn A, between the protagonist and the soundtrack (yoko kanno!!) and the mechs …. is ideal

anyways I started watching s2 of Beastars on Netflix and the snek is a whole mood. I too would be envious of limbs if I was a snake. I love it. gimme more scalies in a furry universe, struggling against their natures

wolfs has issued a correction as of 09:19 on Aug 1, 2021

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Gripweed posted:

It did the impossible, it made me like Jet Jaguar. I don't understand how the "make Jet Jaguar invincible" thing worked, but I feel like it would make sense if someone explained it so that's good enough for me.

some time travel poo poo mostly

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godzilla Zero Point was a frustrating watch because I immediately got the premise and where it was going, but as the show goes along it just keeps getting even more convoluted. Really feels like they should've shown more and told less.

Still good though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I gotta be honest, MHA finally including LGBT representation but doing it the way they did is so funny

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

I gotta be honest, MHA finally including LGBT representation but doing it the way they did is so funny

they did have a trans character that got killed off a long time ago

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

christmas boots posted:

they did have a trans character that got killed off a long time ago

They really shoehorned in that last moment of character development with her friend we never see again before she got obliterated lmao

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
What what happened?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dreddout posted:

What what happened?

It might be a translation problem, but the latest issue suggested that a major character is bisexual. It's Mineta

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
spoilers here but

the Mc is doing kind of a ff9 Zidane thing and trying to go it alone to a super unhealthy level and everyone else showed up to give their friendship speeches and beat some sense into him. the resident pervert said he “fell for him” because he still fought even when he was scared as hell.

https://twitter.com/redandblonde420/status/1421857438395928578?s=21

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
A creepy pervert attracted to all genders, how progressive!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's about time creepy perverted queers got some representation imo.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
there is literally nothing wrong with being a creepy pervert

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

why couldn’t the creepy pervert have a better less infuriating design

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

maximillian pegasus was a creepy pervert 100% but he was fly as hell it was cool

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Also, smelling like cum is cool.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

there is literally nothing wrong with being a creepy pervert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZQd5eYSC64

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

wolfs posted:

why couldn’t the creepy pervert have a better less infuriating design

why does his superhero costume have a diaper

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

KillerQueen posted:

why does his superhero costume have a diaper

It's supposed to be a bowl of grapes, but yeah it's terrible lol

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Man, Iron Blooded Orphans is infuriatingly dumb. I'm about halfway through season 2 and I think I'm done.

Hello mutinous child soldier war orphans! Would you like to accompany me on a noble mission to something something Martian Independence? No, no, don't worry about the material conditions that resulted in you becoming child soldiers in the first place. As slaves and kids forcibly coerced into a PMC who now control all of it's resources, surely you'd want to keep on being loving soldiers and not literally ANYTHING ELSE. Why don't you hurl your bodies at some plot relevant problems for a while, get very sad about the body count, but don't you dare stop! Here, as a reward, have (one) means of production. Now you're part of the system, so you'd better maintain it! Speaking of, wanna be loving kings? Just gotta play along with the internal politics of the inexplicably bourgeoisie blue-blood space fascists!

The most annoying thing is that the idea that there are other options than being mercenaries is kind of addressed, then immediately disregarded when the one character with that point of view bites it. Orga is a poor-man's version of Griffith, with none of the self-awareness that he could stop the mountain of corpses under his feet from getting taller any time he wanted. I get that that's kind of the point of Season 2, but he's so goddamned thick about it.

McKilligan has issued a correction as of 07:44 on Aug 2, 2021

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

It's great actually.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I am not entirely surprised that child soldiers who have spent most of their life fighting and not very much of it dealing with underworld politics do not end up doing very well when thrust into the limelight. Orga's drinking deep from the sunk-cost fallacy bowl and got suckered in by McGillis, but I can see why a literal child can easily be caught in the mire and can't find a way out even if it does seem obvious from the outside.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I get that season 2 is supposed to be about the downfall of Tekkadan through ambition, but I wish it had been handled with a little more care. Orga feels like he's just railroaded without much agency.

Opportunities are always presented to Orga and he always jumps at them, but there's never a point where anyone puts forth an alternative. It's frustrating because there's a good half dozen characters who actually have that viewpoint, but never bring it up.

I just wish there were more times where Orga's decisions were presented as decisions, rather than just the next plot beat. A few more people saying 'woah hold up, why are we signing on to fight and die for this? Could we... not? Is that an option?'

As an aside the thing that got under my skin the most was early in season 2 when they routed ALL communication between the Earth/Mars branches through one single rear end in a top hat they just hired who they completely failed to vet.

McKilligan has issued a correction as of 10:16 on Aug 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dr. Killjoy posted:

A creepy pervert attracted to all genders, how progressive!

the fanbase gets to see themselves represented