Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

i heard that happens if you play with uncapped framerate. i alt tabbed into amds control pannel and limited the framerate to 60 and it worked flawlessly. just dont use in game vsync. port is notoriously bad

:tipshat: i'll see if theres anything i can do, the in game vysnc is definitely terrible lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

metal gear solid. hard mode, otacon ending. 103 continues, 42 alerts. code name mammoth. yikes…

i’m much worse at this game than i was when i played it a few years ago but it’s still so much fun. might play it again soon to get the tux and try to get better at it again.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Sick phone game as well, casually grinding for metal slimes one handed.

:smugbird: :wiggle: :mmmhmm: :grin: :pervert: :D :smugdog:

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Pretty ordinary game but I'm a Star Wars freak so it held my interest. Some of the lightsaber duels were fun. The ending was stupid.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

ArfJason posted:

iconoclasts: all over the place. it doesnt really commit to any of its ideas in gameplay, the plot seems to go into interesting places at first but ultimately doesnt feel like it means much or does anything with any of the interesting parts, the pace is killed by a boring tower level full of elevators and slow crawling sections. sprite work is godly, as expected of a konjak joint, and some of the bosses were very fun. i dont think ill 100% it even if it means missing out on a cool extra boss. i feel bad slamming it cause konjak is an unsung indie hero, with noitu love being one of the first paid solo indie games using multimedia fusion, and he spent like 9 years working on this, but its mostly just ok.

dead space 2: great re4 clone. there a bit of lull in the middle section, and isaac sounds a bit too confident at times, and rarely frightened. ellie was cool though, the ending was great, the final boss battle is unbelievably stupid, and the game controls super smoothly. idk i cant really say anything that hasnt been said or anyone doesnt know about this one already. fantastic game

I just picked back up on iconoclasts last week. I originally quit at the tower section, so hopefully it doesn't happen again. it looks so good and the music is fun as hell for sure

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. 4/4 bottles. Fully powered Master Sword. One item slot left unfilled. 8 missing heart pieces.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

100 Games in 2021 Completion Percentage: 2%

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. 4/4 bottles. Fully powered Master Sword. One item slot left unfilled. 8 missing heart pieces.

holy poo poo

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - charming game, cool boss fights, but the touch controls are too much.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
23+ Abzu (All Trophies)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostradingus posted:

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Pretty ordinary game but I'm a Star Wars freak so it held my interest. Some of the lightsaber duels were fun. The ending was stupid.

I thought the intro and scrapyard level was really cool but the rest of the game turned me off pretty quickly.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Motorstorm apocalypse story mode. Really fun arcade racer with an incredible level of spectacle surpassing even split/second. I had no idea I would be racing through active war zones. Kudos to the sound design team especially

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

5. Song of Farca

I liked the story, and the presentation and style were cool, but I think I've been spoiled by detective games like Obra Dinn and Outer Wilds because the "click on everything to progress the plot" gameplay did basically nothing for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somg of Farka

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Somg of Farka

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Somg of Farka

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

12. Mario Golf: Super Rush (6/30)
13. Final Fantasy VII Remake: INTERmission (7/5)

That was a fantastic DLC. I think I’m gonna replay the whole game now. Mario Golf is kind of soft. Otherwise I’m gonna start playing more Returnal and Age of Calamity.

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (1/13)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (1/15)
3. Hitman 3 (1/27)
4. Cyber Shadow (1/31)
5. Yoshi’s Crafted World (2/6)
6. Bowser’s Fury (2/13)
7. Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection (2/28)
8. Picross S6 (5/7)
9. New Pokémon Snap (5/7)
10. Luigi’s Mansion 3 (6/24)
11. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (6/28)
12. Mario Golf: Super Rush (6/30)
13. Final Fantasy VII Remake: INTERmission (7/5)
14. VENDETTA (7/30)

This hit the switch download store and I’d never played it before. It was fuckin awesome

I’ve been trying to beat Returnal too, but i think I’m gonna put it aside. I absolutely love the gameplay but the runs have too much setup and stack the odds too hard against you. I think I’m gonna start yakuza 7 next

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Link to the Past

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

28b. Dragon Quest V, superboss defeated + bonus TnT board cleared

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oops, I always forget about this annual thread! Well, here's what I remember beating this year so far - I'll try to think of more later on:

Door Kickers 2*
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Control (just finished this one today)

Do Paradox games like HoI count? Since I've played through a full campaign of that, too (until the late '50s from memory, so definitely WW2+ haha) :D Either way, I've got a pitiful list compared to everyone else! I play too many 'endless' games, which doesn't help. I'm slowly working through my backlog on the side though, so hopefully I'll be able to chip away at my list throughout the year

* Early access, so I'm not sure if it counts. Has lots of mini campaigns - they'll eventually add some more missions (probably next year) but there's a good amount of content right now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I think the last game I played that has an actual ending was Nioh 2 and Ace Combat 7 lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i don’t think i’ve beaten a single game this year. mostly only been playing fighting games. and picross i guess so i might have finished one of those games. i don’t think i did though.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts. Pretty fun game if you like this genre like Sniper Elite, etc. It abandoned the linearity of the first two Ghost Warriors and the big Far Cry-ish open world of 3 in favor of a more Hitman style of several smaller open maps with multiple objectives each, which I think is the best style for this sort of game. Nowhere near as janky as past games either. It's a solid game to pick up and complete a contract or two in between other games.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Dragon Quest Builders 2. Definitely the best Minecraft-esque game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Touryst - 100%

Fun little walk around and do stuff game. Pretty simple but it tries and succeeds at a lot of different things. Easy enough to 100% but kinda anti-climactic. The voxel art is cool and looks really good in HD.

5 hours - 7/10

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2. Definitely the best Minecraft-esque game.

they should make a new one every year or two

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
Control (PS5)
Donkey Kong 94 (GBC)
Minish Cap (3DS)
Doom: Eternal (Switch)
Resident Evil 4 (Switch)
Celeste (Switch)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. A fun new take on LttP, it's set in the same light world as LttP far enough in the future that the events of that game are mostly remembered as legend, but with the dungeons and bosses remixed a bit. It's hard to say which one I liked better, they're similar in a lot of ways and the ways LBW is different are both positives and negatives--having full circular control over Link with the 3DS analogue stick feels a lot better than LttP's D-pad movement and makes combat a lot more fluid, but the item rental mechanic doesn't feel as good as finding the items in dungeons; the game's a lot easier (30 LttP deaths in my playthrough vs 2 in LBW) but I like the way they integrated the two worlds more so you have to travel between them frequently instead of LttP where aside from a few heart pieces it feels like once you get to the dark world you stay there 95% of the rest of the game.

The presentation's great, the graphics are cute and I appreciated that they kept all the designs the same as LttP even for things like the Zora that got new designs later in the series, sound design is wonderful, I liked the story of Hyrule vs Lorule. I can see why this is high on a lot of people's Zelda rankings. I think Zelda and SMT are going to be competing for my attention the rest of the year

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Lbws cool. Hilda and ravio ftw

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

b_d posted:

i don’t think i’ve beaten a single game this year. mostly only been playing fighting games. and picross i guess so i might have finished one of those games. i don’t think i did though.

i haven't beaten a game since... Super Meat Boy in 2017. but i'm here to tell you im proud of all of you. youre doing the lords work.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dragon Quest VI. Another kick rear end game, the real world/dream world stuff was awesome and the job system was really cool. Now that I’ve beaten all the Zenithian games I’d rank V on top of course since it’s a GOAT, then IV just slightly ahead of VI since I liked the characters a little more

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

19. HighFleet

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Aardvark! posted:

i haven't beaten a game since... Super Meat Boy in 2017.

:downsbravo:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Aardvark! posted:

i haven't beaten a game since... Super Meat Boy in 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lets hang out posted:

19. HighFleet

How was it?

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
25. Nicktoons Battle for Volcano Island (Hard, All A-Ranks)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mamkute posted:

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mamkute posted:

[[visibly losing composure]] Good job Mamkute.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Mamkute posted:

Dabura is the strongest opponent in the Future Trunks DLC, and the version of Future Trunks there is considered a separate character from the main story. Because of this, Super Saiyan 2 Future Trunks does not have access to god water and therefore, it would not be reasonable to expect the player to level him up to the point where he can match the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta from the Great Power Awakens DLC.