Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

I wanted to watch the Wyatt Family vs. Shield match from EC 2014. I ended up watching the main event too (Cena vs. Sheamus vs. Bryan vs. Christian vs. Orton vs. Cesaro) and this match is loving cool as poo poo. I know people crab on the PG era but loving hell the early to mid 10's had some banger matches.

Also go watch Orton vs ambrose vs Rollins vs reigns 2014 and Rollins vs Rollins vs reigns 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SalTheBard posted:

I wanted to watch the Wyatt Family vs. Shield match from EC 2014. I ended up watching the main event too (Cena vs. Sheamus vs. Bryan vs. Christian vs. Orton vs. Cesaro) and this match is loving cool as poo poo. I know people crab on the PG era but loving hell the early to mid 10's had some banger matches.

that's literally the ppv that got me into wrestling and I remember the sad response I got from my friends when I asked what I should look forward for for cesaro

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Shard posted:

Also go watch Orton vs ambrose vs Rollins vs reigns 2014 and Rollins vs Rollins vs reigns 2016.

Do you remember what shows those matches were on? I'm sure I've seen them before because I was watching WWE religiously back then.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

im assuming you meant to clip 1:30

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shard posted:

and Rollins vs Rollins vs reigns 2016.

I’m seeing double! 4 Rollins!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

Do you remember what shows those matches were on? I'm sure I've seen them before because I was watching WWE religiously back then.

2015 payback and 2016 battle ground

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I watched the first hour of Smackdown because I was doing dishes and there was a shitload of hand wash stuff.

In the first 10 minutes, I see Roman Reigns joking that John Cena is boring like missionary style, then John Cena saying that if someone keeps your interest with just missionary for 20 years that's a keeper, and then Baron Corbin coming out telling Cena that his dick doesn't work so his wife left him.

Oooookaaaayyy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kunabomber posted:

I watched the first hour of Smackdown because I was doing dishes and there was a shitload of hand wash stuff.

In the first 10 minutes, I see Roman Reigns joking that John Cena is boring like missionary style, then John Cena saying that if someone keeps your interest with just missionary for 20 years that's a keeper, and then Baron Corbin coming out telling Cena that his dick doesn't work so his wife left him.

Oooookaaaayyy

Attitude Era IS back, baby!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Blaise330 posted:

WWE comics is still going on? I thought that ended years ago.
Boom got the WWE license in late 2016 and did an ongoing series for about two years. They also did various one-shots (usually focused on Wrestlemania or NXT Takeover or some other big show) periodically during that time. It doesn't look like they've done anything in over a year, but the New Day graphic novel was still being worked on and is getting released as two separate comics in addition to the one-volume collected edition. As Gavok pointed out, there are lots of earlier instances of WWE/wrestling comics too, but I guess Boom still has the license and isn't doing that much with it.

Blaise330 posted:

I'm not entirely sure marvel has ever promoted a comic.
It would be super weird for Marvel to promote a different publisher's comic, but I also can't tell if this is sarcasm.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Anyone ever read those Ultimate Warrior comics he wrote himself where he's like transcending reality and fighting Santa Claus or whatever?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Drakkel posted:

Anyone ever read those Ultimate Warrior comics he wrote himself where he's like transcending reality and loving Santa Claus or whatever?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Paul about to have a loving heart attack if true

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1422054814968520704?s=20

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yep. I still like Randy.

Remember when he did the jumping jack just to troll the backstage guy that told him he needed more "babyface fire"? That was cool. Remember his "anger issues" feud vs Christian? That was also cool. Hell, anyone remember way back to "get well Randy"? That was very cool.

But I get your point that he only gets to be cool and fun when he is allowed to be different from the "Viper" that he has been for most of the last decade or so.

I also get your point about how soul destroying it must be to get tastes of artistic freedom, to try and expand yourself, only to be told to "shut up, say the lines, and do the same thing we have told you to do for the last ten years." But that applies to anyone working for the WWE, not just my beautiful boy Randy.

Randy's way better when he's off the leash too. Got to see him do a dark main at a show years ago where his opponent slipped and got hurt, so to distract the crowd while he was getting checked out Orton snagged a mic from the announce table and cut an off the cuff heel promo on how much he hated being snowed in in this lovely town instead of going back to St. Louis tonight.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
dear lord

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Fightful also has it (I assume that’s where Wrestling Inc learned it from). Obviously he walks in to AEW no problem if this is accurate, but boy does that overload things even more, but he’d fit right into Miro’s challenging undersized guys for his title deal.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

but who is going to bring him back to life in BTE canon

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Fightful also has it (I assume that’s where Wrestling Inc learned it from). Obviously he walks in to AEW no problem if this is accurate, but boy does that overload things even more, but he’d fit right into Miro’s challenging undersized guys for his title deal.

It is AEW canon that Cole has been dead for years

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

Paul about to have a loving heart attack if true
Eh they've been pushing him down the card for a while. I've honestly wondered if he was on the way out.

I'm interested though, he, Keith Lee and several others supposedly signed new deals when NXT went to USA, and those same deals have been exploited by calling people up to replace much higher paid people being released.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just for completeness' sake,

quote:

A major WWE contract was expiring recently in that of former NXT Champion Adam Cole.

Wrestling Inc reported that Cole's deal is up after Summerslam However, we've learned there was a whole lot more to that than just a contract expiring. There was an assumption internally that Cole's WWE contract expired in December, but WWE sources have reached out and noted that they became aware that the deal was actually up in early July. Despite that, we're told that Adam Cole expressed to WWE that he was willing to work through Summerslam weekend and re-evaluate things. WWE sources put over Cole for being open to doing that as opposed to just appearing on another program without any notice by WWE.

There was once word within WWE that Cole had actually signed a new deal when the USA Network agreement came to be, but that was not the case, despite the internal rumors.

Doesn't sound like he's thinkin' all that hard about leaving, tbh.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

A.M.E.N.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if he didn't say he's immediately re-signing after summerslam and wants to evaluate poo poo, I'd say that's a big cause for concern or at least that he's gonna ask for more monies

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

He should ask for a whole lot more money.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thing about Cole is, he's kinda done all there is to do in NXT and he's spinning his wheels BAD there, but god, he's so hosed on the main roster.

Like, he would just putter around for a year and then get cut anyway, no question. I guess make sure you get a no-cut clause if you re-sign, dude.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1422009155708141570?s=21

Lol that they won’t even do finisher finishes at the house show

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Looking forward to watching Karrion Kross bury Cole three weeks in a row on his way out, each time 24 hours after getting rolled up by Jeff Hardy or Shanky or whoever on Raw for good measure.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Alaois posted:

Are there any wrestlers with a spooky supernatural theme that just came on the market?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Follow the buzzards

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
WWE forgot when Adam Cole's contract was going to expire??? Don't they have a spreadsheet or something to keep track of things like that?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mooseinfants posted:

WWE forgot when Adam Cole's contract was going to expire??? Don't they have a spreadsheet or something to keep track of things like that?

they didn't even loving know when Andrade's contract was up or maybe it was Malakai, I forgot but this isn't surprising at all to me anymore

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

mooseinfants posted:

When Taz said “sloppy shop” like a year ago he was underselling it by a lot

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

loving fascinating. He could ask for more money, but that leaves him at greater risk of being cut by Nick Khan, he could go up to the main roster, but he wouldn't be able to stream on twitch.. staying in NXT is an option, but what is there for him, creatively?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

they didn't even loving know when Andrade's contract was up or maybe it was Malakai, I forgot but this isn't surprising at all to me anymore
They didn't know when Malakai's non-compete was up, they left it at thirty owning to clerical error

They then contacted Buddy Murphy about his and offered an extension if it was 30, which is precious, since he literally can't work for AEW while his paperwork is getting sorted out

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

mooseinfants posted:

They literally had no idea that Aleister Black was cleared to compete for several months. I don't think there's any exaggeration when people say this company is as much of a clusterfuck shitshow backstage as it is on screen

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Can’t remember if this guy is legit or not

https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1422068471018393600

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Oh yeah can't believe I'd already forgotten about that Malaki thing. lol wwe

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Drakkel posted:

They literally had no idea that Aleister Black was cleared to compete for several months. I don't think there's any exaggeration when people say this company is as much of a clusterfuck shitshow backstage as it is on screen

Can't wait to read about a former WWE performer talking about receiving an empty FedEx box sent from Hartford one day.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Golden Bee posted:

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1422009155708141570?s=21

Lol that they won’t even do finisher finishes at the house show

tweet makes it sound like this is the desired result by the fans?

What the gently caress?!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1422072155705991172

shane i guess. only one i can think of still on a part time contract.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Maybe Cole is comfortable and content doing what he's doing with WWE now.

What's up with WWE's administrative department with these lapses in contract stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Please respect Keith Lee’s privacy, Raj