Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

yea ok posted:

playing this game shin megami tensei nocturne. got up to this guy matador. taking a break

he's easy just learn the mechanics (debuffs are insanely powerful)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

oh aye i've beaten the game before hehe. just fun to be at the chokepoints

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Today I’m 32, I have one year to accomplish as much as Jesus did, look out money lenders

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I watched Doctor Sleep this morning - fantastic. I plan to buy both books and read them later too.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm reading Agents of Atlas from 2006 and it's surprisingly good!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've been working on my back and shoulders and have seen progress!

https://twitter.com/Shard01464880/status/1422002790050766849

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Lookin' real jacked brother!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shard posted:

I watched Doctor Sleep this morning - fantastic. I plan to buy both books and read them later too.

I loved this movie so much more than I expected. I am a hardcore Mike Flanagan fanboy, between this, Hush, and the two Haunting series.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

got the new job so I'll be running IT for drag car races. Its a lot of travel but I took a major bump in pay from my last gig so the hassle of being gone for a week at a time is worth it. Now I'll finally be able to get a futon in my office instead of a mattress that's survived several marriages and equally ill advised liasons(that were totally worth it at the time).

I also got gud at Warframe on PS4. I'm still a bby with assault rifles instead of bows but I'm using more of the high acc instead of the spray and pray types. So far, I've maxed out Excalibur(meh), Volt(yeah) and Limbo(kinda yeah).

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Get Mesa, Mesa number 1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CobiWann posted:

I loved this movie so much more than I expected. I am a hardcore Mike Flanagan fanboy, between this, Hush, and the two Haunting series.

Whenever it wasn't trying to remind the audience about The Shining I really enjoyed it, every time they reminded me it was a sequel to The Shining all I could think was,"Man I really want to watch The Shining again!"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Whenever it wasn't trying to remind the audience about The Shining I really enjoyed it, every time they reminded me it was a sequel to The Shining all I could think was,"Man I really want to watch The Shining again!"

whomever played young shelley duvall was fantastic

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Doctor Sleep was all right but felt a little confused at times imo.

Just recently rewatched The Shining and it’s real real good. Gotta say I agree with the Rob Ager take that Jack was molesting Danny.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

got the new job so I'll be running IT for drag car races.

Congrats! I hope the new gig isn't too much of a drag.

I'll show myself out.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it's actually pronounced Dr. Slump

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

whomever played young shelley duvall was fantastic

Yeah, she didn't look like her but she absolutely NAILED the mannerisms/underlying sense of anxiety and dread that Duvall showed (partly because Kubrick was a horrible monster towards her). The weird thing was the guy playing young Jack Nicholson, he looked nothing like him and acted nothing like Jack in The Shining, it really stood out.

The scene where Rose the Hat goes after Abra in her dream and finds something more waiting for her was probably one of the strongest scenes in the film.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, she didn't look like her but she absolutely NAILED the mannerisms/underlying sense of anxiety and dread that Duvall showed (partly because Kubrick was a horrible monster towards her).

You might be shocked to find that Duvall herself doesn’t agree with that take on things: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...hining-4130256/

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i wonder if shelley duvall is ever like "what the gently caress do people really think i'm that bad of an actress that the only way i could look scared in a movie is if the director was literally psychologically torturing me on set"

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I watched that Room 237 movie one time and my review is just this: y’all stoned.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

i wonder if shelley duvall is ever like "what the gently caress do people really think i'm that bad of an actress that the only way i could look scared in a movie is if the director was literally psychologically torturing me on set"

Oh there is no doubting she's a fantastic actor (just watch 3 Women and that's made abundantly clear), but I'd always heard that Kubrick really bullied and pushed her on the set of The Shining to force the performance he wanted - obviously from that article linked above that's been an overstatement though she does point out what a harrowing experience it was beyond any of the other films she made.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 2, 2021

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475052425926148117/689998933992538203/shelley.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

She's transplendent :hai:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Favorite ever movie

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My sciatic nerve is kicking my rear end this morning. Holy poo poo this sucks

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I always thought I’d eventually play or like a MechWarriors game. Twenty years later? Still nothing. What am I missing out on?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Captain Magic posted:

I always thought I’d eventually play or like a MechWarriors game. Twenty years later? Still nothing. What am I missing out on?

I remember liking MechWarrior 3 and 4 both quite fondly. 5... wait, 5 is on Game Pass? Well, let's see if it holds up. Not expecting it to, though.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You need the Steel Battalion controller to fully appreciate it

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

that's what I use to Post

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

A friend of mine had Steel Battalion. We played it power rangers style. I got to be in charge of the windshield and the ejector button

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

My cat has been throwing up for three days in a row now. I took him to the vet yesterday for the first time in his life. Him being an outside cat that I've been acclimating to be an indoor cat, which he's been super keen to just relax and sleep, was not happy being in a crate and less so being fed meds.

The docs yesterday were only able to do a little since he hasn't had his shots yet, and today he lost his appetite.

:smith:

I'm worried for him, they found ulcers on his gums yesterday and the doc thinks it could either be feline leukemia or AIDS. I haven't had a pet in almost 15 years till this little guy. I'm scared to lose him.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

yeah I think I’m okay without Mech Warrior

Jiro posted:

My cat has been throwing up for three days in a row now. I took him to the vet yesterday for the first time in his life. Him being an outside cat that I've been acclimating to be an indoor cat, which he's been super keen to just relax and sleep, was not happy being in a crate and less so being fed meds.

The docs yesterday were only able to do a little since he hasn't had his shots yet, and today he lost his appetite.

:smith:

I'm worried for him, they found ulcers on his gums yesterday and the doc thinks it could either be feline leukemia or AIDS. I haven't had a pet in almost 15 years till this little guy. I'm scared to lose him.

This sucks and I hope your friend is okay.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a crazy southern man bit spiderman's venom to become carneedge

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pet update: He's been staying at the pet hospital over night, he unfortunately does have FIV, and are currently checking his pancreas and doing a more thorough check on his tummy while sedated since he, surprisingly, wasn't a big fan of needles and strangers. Even though he's got Kitty AIDS with proper diet and keeping him relatively safe from other sicknesses he can live a pretty good cat life, and that's what I'd like to give him. Guy survived a hurricane as a stray last year, survived the Texas freeze just this past February, he deserves a decent life I think. :unsmith:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I hope he does well.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

masks mandatory at the office again even by yourself at desk. delta fail v_v

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Feeling like Max is pretty hard to play in the SOR4 DLC. His normal combo has lovely range and it feels like he doesn’t have the best invincibility frames. Give me tips. I’m getting whooped

Estel and Shiva both rule though. Excellent DLC, SOR4 continues to be one of the best games perhaps ever. All of it is a slam dunk

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

masks mandatory at the office again even by yourself at desk. delta fail v_v

That sucks, people are dumb. And everyone else has to pay for their incompetence.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

Feeling like Max is pretty hard to play in the SOR4 DLC. His normal combo has lovely range and it feels like he doesn’t have the best invincibility frames. Give me tips. I’m getting whooped

Estel and Shiva both rule though. Excellent DLC, SOR4 continues to be one of the best games perhaps ever. All of it is a slam dunk

I strongly disagree, his moves are easy to cancel into other moves and he hits as hard as ever

Some basic tips

Dash/blitz attack with weapons, it's very effective
Learn to cancel moves into other moves: do his power tackle into his ground slide, do his jumping attack into his jumping special move (it's a basically a frog splash)
When he does his jumping toss, he can toss the victim either direction, use it to watch your own back
Always do multiple power slides

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 3, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

King Vader is one of the coolest film makers I've seen on Youtube. You should check out all his stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YE0Z2L1e6M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That was mind splittingly awesome.