Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

CM Punk vs Cena at MitB 2011 was (at the time) probably the best match I'd ever seen. A lot of that was due to the storyline, the crowd, and the general feeling of being sick and tired of Cena at the time. But I'm sure it's still really good and should be mandatory viewing if you want to know why he's a big deal to a lot of people.

Punk vs Daniel Bryan at Over the Limit 2012 was also like most of Punk's WWE title reign - exciting stuff that WWE shoved in the middle of the card for no good reason.

CM Punk vs Cena on Raw (Feb 25th 2013) when Punk busted out a piledriver was also really, really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Shard posted:

Is Doc Sampson a better doc than he was in WWE? Because he sounded terrible in WWE

I'm hoping that since he has different directives, as in he doesn't have to keep the talent barely functional to perform 300 nights a year, his entire treatment program would be different from how it was in WWE.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the buildup to and the match punk vs cena mitb 2011 is probably the best wwe stuff since 97

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

punk vs brock from summerslam '13 is one of the best matches in wwe

that show also has bryan/cena so its worth watching

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's such a given fact of life now that it barely even registers but it cannot be overstated how incredible it was that they had a ratings-driving, buy-drawing, fan-beloved angle with the two hottest stars in the sport that was getting the WWE its first real mainstream press coverage for a wrestling angle in years and they decided the best use of it was bringing it to a sudden close to get Triple H and Kevin Nash over

there's so much about where we are now that comes from that goddamn angle

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Kunabomber posted:

Can't help but wonder how they're smoothing out the whole situation with him, Colt Cabana, and Doc Sampson... but I'm gonna figure that they're all adults and won't affect whatever they got planned.

Given how AEW's work environment has affected guys like Jake Roberts and Tully Blanchard, two notoriously difficult people to have around, I do wonder if some of Punk's abrasiveness will be smoothed out by not being in a toxic shithole locker room full of hazing and cliques.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

rantmo posted:

Are there any particularly good, or at least notable, Punk matches that would be worth watching? I wasn't watching wrestling when he was a Thing, though as a Chicagoan I certainly knew of him.

If you just watched a highlight reel of WWE punk matches you're not gonna understand why people felt really high on punk. If you put punk in the context of the storyline, the promo's, and especially who else was on the roster and was getting pushed hard he becomes wrestling jesus.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Shard posted:

Is Doc Sampson a better doc than he was in WWE? Because he sounded terrible in WWE

On the one hand he saved Jerry Lawler's life. On the other hand he let Matt Hardy continue.

Medicine is complicated I guess.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Punk also had an incredible promo versus Stone Cold that was so good they had to step back and go "This isn't actually leading to a match, it was just to promote a videogame"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jericho’s next labour will be convincing his wife that Biden is the president

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Rukus has finally uploaded the Andrade theme to his bandcamp and it sounds like he's done a fair bit of tinkering with it:

https://aewrestling.bandcamp.com/track/kill-the-messenger-andrade-el-idolo-aew-theme

this sounds really good! now if only I could loving hear it on TV lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DeathChicken posted:

Undertaker vs Punk at Wrestlemania 29 is pretty special just for the crowd reaction. Solidly 50/50 between both guys, until *one point* in the match

Bonus points for that reaction burning out the crowd so much that the following Brock vs Triple H match was dead silence

It helps that Brock vs Trips would have been poo poo even without Punk/Taker before it

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Punk also had an incredible promo versus Stone Cold that was so good they had to step back and go "This isn't actually leading to a match, it was just to promote a videogame"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhkd-KBWDw0

I forgot, this was really good.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

Man that was a good one. I hope punk has worked the rust off, it’d be a bummer for him to come back to all this hype and just suck.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Look forward to seeing Ric Flair show on Dynamite at some point, he just got released from his Legends contract

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

Look forward to seeing Ric Flair show on Dynamite at some point, he just got released from his Legends contract

Probably Andrade but holy poo poo if he managed The Wingmen

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__s-qW4h5IY

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I was thinking of this one but that too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjoYSRju5ww

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rantmo posted:

Are there any particularly good, or at least notable, Punk matches that would be worth watching? I wasn't watching wrestling when he was a Thing, though as a Chicagoan I certainly knew of him.

He had two incredible matches w/Samoa Joe in ROH

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
If Adam Cole goes to AEW, how do they bring him back on BTE? Use a necromancer? I think it cpuld make for a fun episode.

But yeah AEW would be best for him, even with the big debuts. He's great in NXT but that is as good as it is going to get for him there. If he was going to be on tbe main roster they would've done it already. Even if they did he would eventually be in Main Event purgatory.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

that picture of Flair and JR out to lunch looking like the comedy/tragedy masks the other day was foreshadowing

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
i dunno, how did they resurrect rick knox

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

Probably Andrade but holy poo poo if he managed The Wingmen

That commercial he and Peter did together was a long con!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1422229857128361989?s=20

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Michelle I Miss you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i wonder if ric asked weeks ago and then they finally give him his release the week after AEW runs Charlotte lmao

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Below average BTE this week apart from the Honk

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

"Man, Coffin Flop is my favorite TV show"-Orange Cassidy

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Shard posted:

Michael Sampson was with WWE from 2009 to 2013, so he was gone before Punk was. I may be wrong, but I don't believe he wasn't ever named by Punk and he wasn't part of the lawsuit from Chris Amman against Punk and Cabana. There may have been other horror stories I've forgotten, but most/all of those were about Amman.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edge & Christian posted:

Michael Sampson was with WWE from 2009 to 2013, so he was gone before Punk was. I may be wrong, but I don't believe he wasn't ever named by Punk and he wasn't part of the lawsuit from Chris Amman against Punk and Cabana. There may have been other horror stories I've forgotten, but most/all of those were about Amman.

I think Sampson gave him the z-packs? But yeah, it was mostly Amman.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I popped when Chuck watched YouTube on his ps5 because I'm watching bte on my ps5

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

disagree

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I actually really like the behind the scenes stuff so I found this one pretty neat with them practicing the entrance and the footage from ringside. Also OC's "Is that true?" got me good.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/SKWrestling_/status/1422099838057914371

Dunno how big this channel is but the Eurosport aspect is interesting.
Jinder MahalYuvraj Dhesi is All Elite

lmao

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

CM Punk vs Cena on Raw (Feb 25th 2013) when Punk busted out a piledriver was also really, really good.

I just wanted to emphasize this, because I was one of the "tired of Cena" brigade, and I'll give him full credit for working his rear end off there in that match. Punk busted out an old-school sitdown piledriver which had been banned from WWE (and which elicited a shocked response from Lawler on commentary, as it was his finisher for many years)...and then later in the match, Cena busted out a loving huracanrana. It's really, really good for a match that wasn't even on PPV.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Unfortunately objective, perhaps.

What?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

1)Nick Jackson's delivery as a heel is growing increasingly hilarious to me. I don't know exactly what it is, but I'm enjoying him.

2)This BTE was crafted specifically to make me meltdown again ITT

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I hope Tony at least waits until after The Plane Ride From Hell dark side ep before deciding to bring Ric Flair in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Abadon became aware of Peter's oath and accepted him