Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
What do you guys have for keeper rules?

My 12 year old league is looking to redo our keeper rules (because they suck), so looking for suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Alfalfa posted:

My 12 year old league is looking to redo our keeper rules (because they suck), so looking for suggestions.

The rule in my league is you can have one keeper - anyone drafted after the fourth round that you kept all year on your roster can be your keeper at the cost of bumping up one round

So if I drafted a dude in the fifth round last year and kept him all year I could use my fourth round pick this year to keep him

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 1, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Alfalfa posted:

In a league that I am in it is the round that you drafted them for a total of 3 years including the year they are first drafted, 1 per position, max of 3 keepers. FAs are keepers at the ADP for whatever site you like with similar rules for up to 3 years following the season they were picked up. I am not sure if this is anything exceptional, but it is the rules we have.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My keeper league rules are two keepers at the round they were drafted. Maximum of 2 years each.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

Yea, it was fun. Was there some offsite chat room for it? It was kind of quiet, but maybe it was just a quiet crowd since it is just a mock. I am pretty happy with my team. The only pick I would take back would be Fournette, I forgot it was start 3 WR and I would have rather had a 5th WR, but you need to drop someone for waiver moves anyway and it was only $2 so whatever. While I have not been in an auction league for something like 10 years, when I was in an auction league I never did that well and in hindsight it felt like my biggest flaw was thinking that my strategy was unique - that I was the only person eyeing the last 3 RB in a tier or trying to save money until the end for sleepers when someone else is doing the same thing. It feels like the first and last player (draft order, not player ranking) in a tier is over priced, but you can potentially get good value with players in the middle since other people don't seem to bid up player X as much because player Y is still there, who then gets bid up because oh crap that is the last starting RB.

So glad you made it!

Yes the chat was in our Twitch stream. We don't like to link it here since everyone in TAQ was soooooo nice about us spamming our stuff when we were starting up 4 years ago. PM me and I'll gladly share it. Would love to have your insight there !

dkj posted:

Who won?

Really, everyone won since it's a 10 team mock auction so everyone gets what they want. We ran the league through FBG rate my team at the end for shots and giggles and the team with the weird name ..ike plerg ferges ug or something "won"

We really loved all the teams though: iirc FBG gave you an A or an A minus

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

Go for dynasty

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I like the data that auction mock provided. It's definitely got me thinking for my upcoming auctions.

I would like one Brandon Aiyuk for $6 please. On every team. I have the money on me right now even!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

Auction league.

You get to keep (at $1 price) one player that you drafted last year for $15 or less, who remained on your team all year. This is very fun; both rewards drafting good sleepers and creates a hilarious bidding dynamic around the $15 range. People bid $16 just to spite someone out of a keeper.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Alfalfa posted:

In two different redraft leagues we do that you can keep a guy at the cost of a draft pick two rounds higher than they were drafted, and it goes 2 rounds higher every year. So for example in one league I drafted Antonio Gibson in the 7th last year so I can keep him for a 5th this year, then next year if I want to keep him again next year for a 3rd. In one league we keep one and in another we keep three. FA pickups can be kept for a 10th rounder and it follows the rules for going up in round cost every like just like draft picks. If someone cuts/drops a player and you pick him up you can keep for the round they were picked up in, so for example someone dropped D'Andre Swift after drafting him in the 6th so now after I picked him up I can keep him for a 4th.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
gently caress you Najee Harris

Signed,
Every dynasty player with the 1 overall

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ches Neckbeard posted:

gently caress you Najee Harris

Signed,
Every dynasty player with the 1 overall

What did he do? Just likely not vaxed or something beyond that?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think I'd rather have Chase than Harris.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Pain of Mind posted:

What did he do? Just likely not vaxed or something beyond that?

Dodging vax question and the Steelers had been using the wristband system which ID'd him as unvaxxed. Steelers have been generally great about getting vaccinated as a team.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I hope vax info is available after training camps for fantasy drafts, would be dumb to avoid someone like Hopkins and grab someone you like less because you know for sure Hopkins is not vaccinated, but then it turns out the player you grab is unvaccinated also, they just were smart enough to not tweet about it. I do value unvaccinated players a little less since they will likely end up missing games due to secondary exposure that vaccinated players will not, but it is hard to tell how that will impact drafts at this point.

Also, in my 10 team SF keeper league I am seriously considering Harris for my first round pick, just because so many good players are kept and I pick 6th and there are only 5 players left I feel are worth a first round pick. The unknown seems better than a flawed known, even if not as safe.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 1, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What happened with Najee Harris?

Also, seconding taking Chase over Harris.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

What happened with Najee Harris?

Also, seconding taking Chase over Harris.

Harris might be a vaccine refuser

I’m having a hard time trusting anyone on the Bengals at their ADP because Bengals

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Keith Atherton posted:

I’m having a hard time trusting anyone on the Bengals at their ADP because Bengals

Except Mixon because this year is his year.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

Except Mixon because this year is his year.

I cannot tell if this is serious or not.

The Case for Joe Mixon to be a Top 5 RB - 2019

Joe Mixon to be a Top 5 RB - 2020

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 2, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
It's his year every year. He'll break out sometime.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

sourdough posted:

Go for dynasty

lol I'm already in plenty of dynasty leagues and these guys aren't interested in that unfortunately.

Appreciate all the ideas and help everyone.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
We all realize Mixon peaked in 2018 right?

He's a fifth year RB with multiple 200 touch seasons. He already had his breakout. He's not ascending to godhood in 2021.

Just draft CEH folks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm joining a Superflex 12 team redraft league this year and now I'm really curious how that draft is going to look. I think QBs will still be valued higher but less emphasis will be placed on younger guys. Maybe I'll actually be able to have a Stafford share this year after all.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1422224805386981380?s=19

A tale as old as time.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Did they ever say what the injury was? Was it the plantar thing, or the linsfranc thing?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The eternal breakout candidate

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Spermy Smurf posted:

Did they ever say what the injury was? Was it the plantar thing, or the linsfranc thing?

Rapaport says he's having a bone removed. I think that's the plantar injury.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm joining a Superflex 12 team redraft league this year and now I'm really curious how that draft is going to look. I think QBs will still be valued higher but less emphasis will be placed on younger guys. Maybe I'll actually be able to have a Stafford share this year after all.
lmao I cannot find a website that lets me set up ADP rankings or mock drafting for a PPR 12 team non-dynasty superflex league

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Similar question to the above about keeper league rules except this would be our first time trying it out. What's the best way to get our feet wet and not overwhelm those who aren't as hardcore about it?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ayudo posted:

We all realize Mixon peaked in 2018 right?

He's a fifth year RB with multiple 200 touch seasons. He already had his breakout. He's not ascending to godhood in 2021.

Just draft CEH folks.

The Chiefs line looks like a revelation so far. Not only young and healthy and dominant but loving huge. It's not just new people it's a whole new philosophy and I imagine CEH is going to reap the benefits. Unless he doesn't, of course.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

lmao I cannot find a website that lets me set up ADP rankings or mock drafting for a PPR 12 team non-dynasty superflex league

I'll post our 10 human superflex mock next time I get a chance, so you can look at that data

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'll post our 10 human superflex mock next time I get a chance, so you can look at that data
<3 thank you sir!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Need a column in the draft applets that has a checkbox on whether or not a player has been vaccinated. You could replace the Bye week column with it.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

https://theathletic.com/2747226/2021/08/02/washington-camp-thoughts-terry-mclaurin-antonio-gibson-can-open-up-the-playbook/ posted:

Gibson was limited by turf toe last season. The injury appeared to bother him occasionally during minicamp and over the last five practices, though he insisted, “It’s been good. Just making sure I stay on top of it, treating it after practice. After the long days, it gets kind of sore, but other than that, I’m fine out there.”
Oh cool.

Cool cool cool.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

Need a column in the draft applets that has a checkbox on whether or not a player has been vaccinated. You could replace the Bye week column with it.

Replacing the bye week info with data that is actually usable? I'm 100% on board!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I traded Antonio Gibson for a 1.4 in dynasty

No regerts

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/status/1422589447430975492?s=19

Alright, Jonathon Taylor SZN is officially canceled.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Taylor looked really good in camp too, catching everything.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

kiimo posted:

Taylor looked really good in camp too, catching everything.

I could still talk myself into him at the right price, but it feels like every day we're one step close to a Miles Sanders in 2020 type season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I traded Taylor for Kittle in dynasty so I’ll feel a lot better if he doesn’t finish as a top 5 RB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I found out that you can fine tune mock draft settings on FantasyPros, so I can do the not-dynasty superflex PPR league mock draft there: https://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/football/mock-draft-simulator/settings/