Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jacks in public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Amazing. Perfect. Love it.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Can we talk about favourite deliveries for a little bit? Because all morning I've been thinking about Monarch's delivery of "I laugh at regular jokes like this: MwuahaHAHAHA!!"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
"Powerless in the Face of Death" has a few. I love Brock's tone when the lights go out and emerges from under his car on a creeper saying, "What now?"

Immediately after when he finds roughly 42%of Doc, Doc tries to throw something to see if his other arm is close enough that they'll hear it, and Brock intones "No" in adejected yet exasperated way that always makes me laugh.

The stinger of that episode has a great one from Monarch, when Doc's disembodied arm helps him up

"What?" So deadpan.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

That's the arm that he thinks is in the bathroom

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I hope you brought your rubbers because a ste-orm is coming

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sash! posted:

Shuttlecock is my favorite

Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Nightmare Coat

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You never welch on a bet, Dean. Be a maaaaAAAaann. Drink it ... n go'do bed.

tarlibone posted:

"What?" So deadpan.

It's what I always see in my head when someone goes WAT.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's "Jacks in public" and "Jackson Pollock"

So two cum jokes

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Orpheus going "...is that man dead?"

The Monarch saying "nobody told me!"

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Brock interacting with sasquatch.

You never told me sasquatch was a .. dude

Sasquatch doesn't have anything you haven't seen before.

Sasquatch is something I've never seen before!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Data Graham posted:

Jacks in public
This one never occurred to me. Jack used to be a nickname for John, so I assumed it was a play on John Q. Public. A joke they'd mirror with the names of the Mister branch.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nilbop posted:

Can we talk about favourite deliveries for a little bit? Because all morning I've been thinking about Monarch's delivery of "I laugh at regular jokes like this: MwuahaHAHAHA!!"
think I even posted it last page, but the Monarch frantically adlibbing "The Mighty Manotaur! Beware my Malevolent Murder Maze!"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I have trouble thinking of bad line deliveries in Venture bros so much good.

The only one that comes to mind is from the pilot Dr. Girlfriend saying "ready to launch".

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

think I even posted it last page, but the Monarch frantically adlibbing "The Mighty Manotaur! Beware my Malevolent Murder Maze!"

Then Phantom Limb goes and kills the retired Manotaur years later. Though I would have thought he could have pieced together that it wasn’t actually him that seduced Doctor Girlfiend by then.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Then Phantom Limb goes and kills the retired Manotaur years later. Though I would have thought he could have pieced together that it wasn’t actually him that seduced Doctor Girlfiend by then.

He was very drunk

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

“I mean, come on! He was in Depeche MoOoOode!”

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Splint Chesthair posted:

“I mean, come on! He was in Depeche MoOoOode!”

The entire monologue in the port-a-potty.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It's industrial espionage, you've come to steal our great ideas. You've been foiled; we have none!

It's the whole sad matter of fact way this whole thing is delivered as Billy already done with this poo poo lays it out.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Been rewatching Harvey Birdman and I think it makes a real good companion piece to Venture Brothers.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
So many of his lines are solid gold, especially the ones with the music playing behind him (and I need a sample of that music!), but...

"Do not be too hasty entering that room. I had Taco Bell for lunch!!"

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Every time I do a monarch voice I say THE POLAR BEAR FROM LOST

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Nilbop posted:

the triad being in awe of the extremely theatrical combat between torrid and outrider

really this entire segment is fantastic but torrid's incredible villan monologue followed by al's "that was 100% bad rear end"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0emWVXgdsVI&t=67s

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Riven posted:

"It was all Sound and Fury signifying Nothing" is probably my favorite line from that episode and that episode is jammed with great lines

tarlibone posted:

So many of his lines are solid gold, especially the ones with the music playing behind him (and I need a sample of that music!), but...

"Do not be too hasty entering that room. I had Taco Bell for lunch!!"

Yeah whenever he gets all overly dramatic while talking about mundane stuff is always funny, like when he's complaining about getting Hector's junk mail in the Venturestein episode

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
GIVE US the cuttle… fish…

Omnomnomnivore fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 3, 2021

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Whenever something really underwhelming is happening now, my wife and I both say “I…I have cuttlefish…”

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Riven posted:

"It was all sound and fury signifying nothing" comes into my head every time I fail to push a mess

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nilbop posted:

St. Cloud's delivery of "Sarah Michelle GelLAR" in season 1 was so memorable they made him into a recurring character.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

pixaal posted:

He was very drunk

It's kinda hard to believe the Monarch isn't coked up to the loving gills in most scenes, but I suppose true villainy is not needing to be.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FactsAreUseless posted:

St. Cloud's delivery of "Sarah Michelle GelLAR" in season 1 was so memorable they made him into a recurring character.

Which is kind of weird cause recurring St Cloud sounds and acts almost nothing like the Tag Sale version of St Cloud

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Riven posted:

Whenever something really underwhelming is happening now, my wife and I both say “I…I have cuttlefish…”
Give us the... cuttlefish :confused:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dugong! And it's not a costume!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Nilbop posted:

Hup, somebody loves the Monaaarch!

Et tu, King Gorilla?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nnnnnnice rear end, Sampson

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I uh, have a lot of extensions.

ColonelDimak
May 1, 2007

Guardian of the Salsa

limp_cheese posted:

Brock interacting with sasquatch.

You never told me sasquatch was a .. dude

Sasquatch doesn't have anything you haven't seen before.

Sasquatch is something I've never seen before!

This is one of my favorites,last line gets me everytime.

Brock and Sgt. Hatred talking about grass is also amazing.

https://youtu.be/T608_g07Jls

LUSH!

ColonelDimak fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 3, 2021

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
mroo ha ha?

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's kinda hard to believe the Monarch isn't coked up to the loving gills in most scenes, but I suppose true villainy is not needing to be.

S2 Monarch was definitely riding the white tiger, he was unhinged as hell for that entire season

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

My favorite long term joke payoff in the show is in Operation P.R.O.M. when 21 finally confesses his love for Dr. Ms. The Monarch, holding it in all this time out of fear of his boss/friend, and they are both completely nonplussed because they're swingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

When did this happen?
you were there!!! We were on top of you!

They are specifically talking about the Mind Infractor. Where the Moppets need to do a room check and they Garry makes out with her while Monarch is out like a light.