Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I mean we saw Starro in the trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Mr Hootington posted:

Hey foreign posters, spoil the squad movie for God's people (americans).

SPOILERS:

They save the day, but everyone but Weasel, Peacemaker, Bloodsport, Harley, Shark and Ratcatcher bites it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmWuCgJmxo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is CGI getting worse

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Zzulu posted:

Is CGI getting worse

It was always worse.

Edit: Just to be clear I like Venom and I hope this movie is as dumb fun as the first one.

Edit 2: Very slightly comic book related for Ryan pushing Deadpool in his other movies ads and Disney allowing it.
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1422183187510403073?s=19

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 2, 2021

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

This movie's going to rule.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

How does Carnage look so much worse than Venom?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I see they filmed at Alcatraz

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I wish I saw what other people saw in Carnage but I fully admit I've felt the symbiotes have been over-saturated in the comics for a while.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Gaunab posted:

I wish I saw what other people saw in Carnage but I fully admit I've felt the symbiotes have been over-saturated in the comics for a while.
He’s cool

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Zzulu posted:

Is CGI getting worse
More like CGI is being made in sweatshop conditions and it reflects that

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Gaunab posted:

I mean, it really helps if you first read about him when you were twelve.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

also helps if this starts playing in your head whenever he pops up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ8fD_hsnG0

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Just forget it's Carnage if you're not into him. It's Woody Harrellson going nuts, it's gonna rule.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the dysfunctional boyfriends teaser was more interesting tbh

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

This is true but Maximum Carnage as an event comic in the Spidey books burned even me out as a teen.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I have to ask.

What about the first Venom movie did people actually enjoy about it, and does this trailer look like the movie is going to offer you more of that?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jamesman posted:

I have to ask.

What about the first Venom movie did people actually enjoy about it, and does this trailer look like the movie is going to offer you more of that?

It was a goofy buddy movie/romcom about a guy and an alien monster becoming soulmates. Yes this looks like it has doubled down on that so I'm very excited. Add in Woody getting to just go off the rails and I'm even more excited. It's gonna be stupid garbage and I can't wait.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Tom Hardy’s weird performance plus the murderslime buddy/romance middle section were good trash. Everything else was bad trash.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/1422204700758323204?s=20

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I just really wish they had made Carnage a brighter more vivid red. We're gonna get stuck with two muddy blobs fighting each other again. I also wish they hadn't used a symbiot in the first movie because this is basically more of the same.

I'm excited because I want venom to kiss himself again and also watch woody go bananas

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Now the real question is who's Luigi, Ben, Caine, or Miles?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I think they left Deadshot out in the case that Smith wants to come back later. He'll at one point they wanted to give him his own flick.

Smith gonna demand they jam in poo poo about taking care of his kid in Suicide Squad sequel.

That or the power of hard work.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's definitely a problem that the non-Venom symbiotes are way too dark looking.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gaunab posted:

What did you like when you were 12.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jamesman posted:

I have to ask.

Hardy was good in it. The VO of the symbiote was unexpectedly funny. Tom Hardy jumps into a fish cage.

That's about it. The 3rd act fight is amazingly incoherent.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Shageletic posted:

Hardy was good in it. The VO of the symbiote was unexpectedly funny. Tom Hardy jumps into a fish cage.

The best fight is the one in the TV building where Venom is attacking SWAT through a bunch of smoke

The final fight at the end between Venom and Riot is terrible, and would be one of the worst comic-book end fights if not for the existence of Ang Lee's Hulk.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Soonmot posted:

I just really wish they had made Carnage a brighter more vivid red. We're gonna get stuck with two muddy blobs fighting each other again. I also wish they hadn't used a symbiot in the first movie because this is basically more of the same.

I'm excited because I want venom to kiss himself again and also watch woody go bananas

Between this and the Clifford movie is there some kind of filmmaking rule along the lines of "don't shoot roads in daytime" that forbids bright red cgi?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

mycot posted:

Between this and the Clifford movie is there some kind of filmmaking rule along the lines of "don't shoot roads in daytime" that forbids bright red cgi?

Isn't it because sometimes bright primary colors end up looking unpleasant for the eye or something? Like the reason Superman's has muted colors is because it would look really,really,really ugly?

*Points at Whedon's Captain America with bright blue and red, just for good measure*

I'm a graphic designer not a filmmaker!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If Green Jelly isn’t on the soundtrack, I’m out. And I really want to see this movie because not even the Babe movies had this much ham.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I feel like some of Carnage's shine as a character has been lost as Venom has grown to be less like a hulking muscled monstrosity and more like an oozing tentacle monster

These kinds of big action characters need to stay in their lane. It'd be like if Spider-Man started swinging a sword around, or if Wolverine started carrying big rear end guns everywhere.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

the dysfunctional boyfriends teaser was more interesting tbh

Yeah, that one made it seem like they had an almost, shall we say, symbiotic relationship. :v: This trailer makes it look like Venom is an rear end in a top hat just yanking Eddie around to do what it wants.

(Disclaimer: I have not actually watched the first Venom movie so I don't really know what their dynamic is in that one, all I know is Tom Hardy jumps in a lobster tank.)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

The best fight is the one in the TV building where Venom is attacking SWAT through a bunch of smoke

The final fight at the end between Venom and Riot is terrible, and would be one of the worst comic-book end fights if not for the existence of Ang Lee's Hulk.

At least the Hulk was built on an absurd amount of metaphor.

TAKE IT ALL

DAD

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Retro Futurist posted:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SjgAcENgfQ

I finished my Wonder Woman movie review~ :hist101:

It ended up being a lot more than about just the movie and ended up a primer on how the character has been portrayed through the years in general. But the general focus is on the Jenkins film. Next up I'ma take a break from movies to make an actual true deep dive on this character.

Genuine props to posters here 'cuz there's no way I'd ever be making these if not for the discussions about...everything...I've had or heard here. :sweatdrop:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Retro Futurist posted:

Miles is Mario, Peter is Luigi.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Retro Futurist posted:

gently caress I hate Ron Lim art from the early 90s.

Shageletic posted:

gently caress off dude I always wanted to see two lava lamps fighting on a rocket

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

gently caress I hate Ron Lim art from the early 90s.

Your are now my sworn enemy.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdzeqmMhJms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2H68_VDujI

Seems like Johansson might well lose this one, if what LegalEagle says is right. I guess with the "good faith and fair dealing" argument, Johansson has to prove that Disney did a simultaneous streaming release of Black Widow specifically to screw her out of money. This seems dubious, given how the release was delayed so much just so that an exclusive theatrical release might happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Fangz posted:

Seems like Johansson might well lose this one, if what LegalEagle says is right.

Get out of town!