Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
and the boomers love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

spaceblancmange posted:

call pferteen pferty pferty two

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
If I was PM I would simply not have problems in the first place.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

spaceblancmange posted:

call pferteen pferty pferty two

Lmao

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
If I was Prime Minister I would ban the Canberra Press Gallery and disband the Senate.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

If I was Prime Minister I would ban the Canberra Press Gallery and disband the Senate.

calm down, sheev

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

If I were PM, I actually would hold a hose, mate.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BrigadierSensible posted:

If I were PM, I actually would hold a hose, mate.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

GoldStandardConure posted:

calm down, sheev

The prequels are really starting to make sense in retrospect

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

Why would you ban your syncophants?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://twitter.com/Paul_Karp/status/1422153114631606275

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/juliette_io/status/1422172199172009984

https://twitter.com/chrisberg/status/1422290520756289537

Not a fan of this. Though I doubt they'll hit that threshhold before the lockdown actually drives numbers down anyway; the bigger worry would be that they decide to open up while still recording double digit case numbers and it just runs away from them again.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Vic,SA and Qld should go in on a big loving wall together, machine guns, anti-air, moat with crocs, the lot

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Solemn Sloth posted:

Vic,SA and Qld should go in on a big loving wall together, machine guns, anti-air, moat with crocs, the lot

For that kind of money they could just encase Sydney in a dome and annex the rest

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Blaming Sydney is a pretty Scomo thing to do.

Blame Scomos lovely hotel quarantine and vaccine rollout.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

NSW Police tell supermarkets to do their job

Shoppers in Sydney could soon be met by security guards at the door after supermarkets were instructed by police to employ people to enforce QR check-in codes.

NSW Police Minister David Elliott said police would hold a teleconference with supermarket bosses this morning to tell them "they must employ security guards".

"There is a need for some logic and this is a logical step as far as I can see," he told Nine Radio.

Big lol for a cop to instruct anyone on moral obligations to not strip search children keep people safe

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Here in Canberra the supermarkets are just using ordinary employees to enforce QR code’s and I don’t think that’s appropriate.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Laserface posted:

Nah NSW brought this on itself with contact tracing hubris. See every other state which has been dealing with hotel quarantine and low vaccination rates.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Here in Canberra the supermarkets are just using ordinary employees to enforce QR code’s and I don’t think that’s appropriate.

It's not. Neither is directing a business to employ security guards. Honestly surprised they haven't deployed the ADF to coles and woolies.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Laserface posted:

Vaccine rollout is why we're still vulnerable. Hotel quarantine is how it escaped. Being unable to bring it back down after it escapes? That's all on Sydney's lovely full-of-holes lockdown.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Vaccine rollout is why we're still vulnerable. Hotel quarantine is how it escaped. Being unable to bring it back down after it escapes? That's all on Sydney's lovely full-of-holes lockdown.

As a resident of NSW I say take off and nuke the site from orbit.

It’s the only way to be sure.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Wouldn't this mean the trans-Tasman travel bubble will be scrapped?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MikeJF posted:

While I fully agree we have dogshit lockdown at the moment, the measures in place last year did a lot better against the weaker OG variant.

it was two weeks too late and it was extremely pigheaded to think that we could treat delta the same way.

I dont understand why they decided that scaling up the measures was a better method than going full lockdown immediately and then winding things back as it gets under control. thats what worked last year.

My point is, and was, that blaming NSW government for what is the result of non existent or extremely poor federal policy is exactly what Scomo wants people to do, to deflect from his incompetence.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Laserface posted:

No thanks, I’ll blame Gladys for seamlessly moving from “we don’t need to lockdown” to “this lockdown thing is way too hard, 70% (of eligible population) vaccinated and we can let it rip”

Multiple other states have managed to deal with a delta outbreak without being colossal fuckups

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Budzilla posted:

Wouldn't this mean the trans-Tasman travel bubble will be scrapped?

I doubt they care since it's constantly on/off anyway.

New Zealand and the sane states will presumably also eventually get to a point where a high vaccination rate means we can reopen and let the virus circulate*, but the idea is to do this slowly, carefully, and with the ability to reinstate all those NPIs in case another nasty variant pops up. Not to let the situation careen out of control and then pretend that actually this is all to the good.

*(though I'm still pissed off that after we, NZ, Taiwan and China proved it's eminently possible to eliminate it, we have to live alongside the rest of the world who put border closures and a few months of hard lockdown into the too-hard basket, so now we just have to accept another flu-level virus forever)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Laserface posted:

My point is, and was, that blaming NSW government for what is the result of non existent or extremely poor federal policy is exactly what Scomo wants people to do, to deflect from his incompetence.

They both need blame in post-mortem, but the thing is, Gladys is the one who is continuing to be the fuckup right now when she needs not to be, and the one would be able to fix stuff at this current stage if she stopped being a fuckup, so that's where the attention is going at this second.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MikeJF posted:

They both need blame in post-mortem, but the thing is, Gladys is the one who is continuing to be the fuckup right now when she needs not to be, and the one would be able to fix stuff at this current stage if she stopped being a fuckup, so that's where the attention is going at this second.

gently caress Post mortem, hang both of them from the loving harbour bridge today.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

That was the least insane take in the Herald Sun.

There were antivax and Wuhan conspiracies published too. Always a new low lmao.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Eediot Jedi posted:

NSW Police tell supermarkets to do their job

Shoppers in Sydney could soon be met by security guards at the door after supermarkets were instructed by police to employ people to enforce QR check-in codes.

Fuckin Good. I think i said it itt before, like half the people i see at woolies entrances can’t be arsed taking 10 seconds to scan the qr code.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

i mean i hate scomo as much as everyone else but this is 100% correct, AZ is a great vaccine but some Labor people and the media have been treating it like a vial of poison, probably contributing to hesitancy among older people. Everyone needs to be more like Bill.

https://twitter.com/billshortenmp/status/1422405744062734336?s=20

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Can't we blame both levels of the LNP for their colossal dumbshittery?

Saw an article from SkyNews* from an "expert" stating Covid could mutate to be as deadly as MMR, killing a third of the infected BUT somehow not harming the elderly. It was a weird take. I won't link it because SkyNews.

*Not real news

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

It's not. Neither is directing a business to employ security guards. Honestly surprised they haven't deployed the ADF to coles and woolies.

Too fresh in their memories TM

freebooter posted:

*(though I'm still pissed off that after we, NZ, Taiwan and China proved it's eminently possible to eliminate it, we have to live alongside the rest of the world who put border closures and a few months of hard lockdown into the too-hard basket, so now we just have to accept another flu-level virus forever)

Yeah I loving loathe this poo poo. We could have elminated this poo poo. We chose not to and now everyone who can't get vaccinated, well gently caress you I guess.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Which person on the Ed staff wrote this one

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Konomex posted:

*Not real news

Much like how Fox News is an 'entertainment show' or whatever the gently caress

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Centusin posted:

i mean i hate scomo as much as everyone else but this is 100% correct, AZ is a great vaccine but some Labor people and the media have been treating it like a vial of poison, probably contributing to hesitancy among older people. Everyone needs to be more like Bill.

https://twitter.com/billshortenmp/status/1422405744062734336?s=20

Why do you hate independent medical advice so much?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Solemn Sloth posted:

Why do you hate independent medical advice so much?

ATAGI is a Kevin Rudd psy-opp

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

freebooter posted:

https://twitter.com/juliette_io/status/1422172199172009984

https://twitter.com/chrisberg/status/1422290520756289537

Not a fan of this. Though I doubt they'll hit that threshhold before the lockdown actually drives numbers down anyway; the bigger worry would be that they decide to open up while still recording double digit case numbers and it just runs away from them again.

The bigger issue is that it'll end up so prevalent that leaks into the states that actually had their poo poo together will be inevitable.

Sept-Jan will be an endless series of lockdowns across VIC, SA and QLD to deal with all the failure seeping out of NSW while Binchicken blames it on western Sydney ethnics who aren't getting vaccinated.

Best thing would be to withhold vaccine from Sydney and focus on getting the surrounding states immunised to a level that it can be contained to NSW.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Get me Pfizer tomorrow, hope Dan can keep the poo poo out of Vic for another five or six weeks then gently caress yous all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

QLD can lock down due to its own failures tyvm. But at least they will lock down