Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
isnt that the person who constantly makes poo poo up about id software

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

whaley posted:

isnt that the person who constantly makes poo poo up about id software

https://twitter.com/romero/status/1376142582783295489

https://twitter.com/romero/status/1364358051592097796

https://twitter.com/romero/status/1419209829839773696

https://twitter.com/romero/status/1376589991892164608

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

https://twitter.com/FluffyNuo/status/1376590572920651778?s=19

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lol every time i read these

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I mean,

https://twitter.com/prageru/status/1422339428555628547

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

This is two hot takes. Not every dictionary is a language dictionary. I have sociology, psychology and philosophy dictionaries and the later, being one of the better offerings, has entries atleast on the level of wikipedia articles.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

lol

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

The CCP ended slavery in Tibet. Tibet was a feudal theocracy. Liberals are dumb as gently caress.

Impossible to say if it was good or bad.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
https://twitter.com/liminal_warmth/status/1422234516047814656

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

These people have no idea how little 5 acres actually is.

For those still on the metric system: 5 acres is about the size of a suburban plot

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 09:17 on Aug 3, 2021

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

These people have no idea how little 5 acres actually is.

For those still on the metric system: 5 acres is about the size of a suburban plot
Looking it up, the average lot size is 0.14 - 1.6 acres depending on the state. If you're happy eating potatoes, you could feed like 40 people on 5 acres.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
5 acres is about 2 hectares or around 3 football fields

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sorry, when I hear "suburb" I'm actually thinking of exurbs where rich people live.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

If you're happy eating potatoes, you could feed like 40 people on 5 acres.

You can supplement diets a lot on 5 acres, but it's not going to be enough for full subsistence once you factor in how much of the land is actually arable and just how capital intensive you're trying to farm it (I'm guessing not much). If you're building individual living units that's also going to reduce the amount of land you can actually cultivate. The average "small" family farm is somewhere between 150-200 acres, and that's barely viable as a business practice. If four people are buying this plot together, most of them are still going to need day jobs, which severely reduces the available labor for cultivation.

By the end you may as well just have 4 people owning a big house together on a small-ish rural plot where you can cultivate a garden. A lot of people are already doing this, with whole families sharing communal homes and land.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sorry, when I hear "suburb" I'm actually thinking of exurbs where rich people live.

You can supplement diets a lot on 5 acres, but it's not going to be enough for full subsistence once you factor in how much of the land is actually arable and just how capital intensive you're trying to farm it (I'm guessing not much).
That's why you go for potatoes, they're pretty forgiving and incredibly high-yield.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you're building individual living units that's also going to reduce the amount of land you can actually cultivate. The average "small" family farm is somewhere between 150-200 acres, and that's barely viable as a business practice. If four people are buying this plot together, most of them are still going to need day jobs, which severely reduces the available labor for cultivation.

By the end you may as well just have 4 people owning a big house together on a small-ish rural plot where you can cultivate a garden. A lot of people are already doing this, with whole families sharing communal homes and land.
They just need to have their parents buy an apartment in Manhattan they can rent out.

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

tokin opposition posted:

Wrong and also gently caress off.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40279-020-01389-3

quote:

Here, we review how differences in biological characteristics between biological males and females affect sporting performance and assess whether evidence exists to support the assumption that testosterone suppression in transgender women removes the male performance advantage and thus delivers fair and safe competition. We report that the performance gap between males and females becomes significant at puberty and often amounts to 10–50% depending on sport. The performance gap is more pronounced in sporting activities relying on muscle mass and explosive strength, particularly in the upper body. Longitudinal studies examining the effects of testosterone suppression on muscle mass and strength in transgender women consistently show very modest changes, where the loss of lean body mass, muscle area and strength typically amounts to approximately 5% after 12 months of treatment. Thus, the muscular advantage enjoyed by transgender women is only minimally reduced when testosterone is suppressed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Oh look an unreviewed hit piece by a known TERF

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/GenderCynical/comments/gl0k8j/important_terf_research_fellow_emma_hilton_is/

gently caress off.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

wow very cool to have people sincerely posting professional grade TERF material, good job cpsam
e: when the authors' entire social media footprint is "transpeople need to be kept out of sports" to the exclusion of literally everything else, that is kind of a red flag
and both of those assholes post poo poo every 30 minutes

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021
wow thanks for the reddit reference, you win

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

you can review their social media history yourself, it is literally all they post about all day, for years. trans people are ruining the sport oh nooooooo

the empirical refutation for their entire body of work is that if "transpeople have an unfair advantage and are ruining the sport" then there would be some measurable outcome involving transpeople winning disproportionately, and there just isn't lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Charles Ingalls posted:

wow thanks for the reddit reference, you win

This ain't d&d fuckface

You don't deserve an effortpost

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021
that’s not how academic refutation works, they published an article with 111 references, attack those not their posting history on twitter

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the hot takes are coming from inside the thread!

terfs gently caress off imho

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Charles Ingalls posted:

that’s not how academic refutation works, they published an article with 111 references, attack those not their posting history on twitter

alternatively, eat poo poo nerd lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Charles Ingalls posted:

Oh no, please don't tell the cspam academic review board about me

It's almost like nobody is engaging with you seriously because a) we've heard all this poo poo before and b) mockery is the only thing that makes TERFs gently caress off

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021
well congratulations on reveling in intellectual dishonesty I guess, I’ll leave you to it

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
:byewhore:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

oh you gotta be a little bitch about it too lol :discourse:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Charles Ingalls posted:

welcome to The Ad Hominem Zone, bitch

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Charles Ingalls posted:

well congratulations on reveling in intellectual dishonesty I guess, I’ll leave you to it

no you won’t

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Charles Ingalls posted:

Don't come back bitch

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/CindyBlack3/status/1421569838510653440?s=20

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Charles Ingalls posted:

this might very well be the dumbest thing ive read in months, so congratulations in a way

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lol

even Bigger lol

Milo and POTUS has issued a correction as of 12:48 on Aug 3, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Cherri is a trans woman and I will fight you if u disagree

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

terfs are having an absolutely normal one about pratchett despite all objective evidence they're wrong but that one in particular "how would his daughter feel" as a reply to his daughter lol

https://twitter.com/adamndsmith/status/1422462734776610855?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Do people share changing rooms on TERF island?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it is customary to fingerbang whoever else is in the changing room yes, that's just how they say hello

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
speaking of changing rooms

https://twitter.com/nigelsleftboot/status/1421898383258800133

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

World's most normal people

Cis people need help