Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Almost a Super Hero Nikki A(lmost) S(uper) H(ero)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Seams posted:

So I guess they’re going ahead with the “Kross is a loser until he has Scarlett ringside” story.

Even the Undertaker was dominant when he was with Brother Love

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Digital Jedi posted:

RAW!

Mustafa Ali makes his entrance in Chicago
https://streamable.com/4jxu1m
MACE and T-Bar wasting no time going at their opponents
https://streamable.com/a5k9l2
Couldn't find the finish but Ali loses in his hometown

lol they wasted no time in putting it up on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2zjNge9Bpk&t=122s

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I don’t necessarily think AEW should sign Ric Flair but it would be funny.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I mean the fiery babyface "I didn't sign up to sit on the bench" promo in an upper tier indie writes itself.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

They don't regularly sell out many buildings, but it's cheaper and smaller than the United Center and they do well in the Chicago area. Plus it's their traditional building.
Funny that AEW, who is totally not WWE's competition, is running their B-show out of a sold-out(?) United Center in over two weeks. I realize it's because of Punk but in any case lol

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

I've been given this advice a lot in my career and it's always at the really dysfunctional companies. And in a way they're right, if you want to be happy in a dysfunctional work environment you have to figure out how to deal with that part of you that screams 'THIS IS loving STUPID'. But you know, when you work at a place that actually wants to grow and improve they generally think that passion is a good thing. Even if you're a job guy you can figure out how to be a better job guy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Maxwell Lord posted:

I don't think he'll get signed to a long-term contract or anything, but he will 100% be making appearances at some point.

Having him show up is one step closer towards a Horsemen reunion and TK has got to be drooling at the idea of that.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The natural angle for me would be to have Flair come in for like a month to manage someone feuding with Darby so we can put him across a ring from Sting.

Ooh, maybe if Darby feuds with MJF at some point.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
AEW should sign Flair and have him and Sting recreate the Shockmaster's debut on BTE and then not do anything else with him.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Zombie Lemur posted:

AEW should sign Flair and have him and Sting recreate the Shockmaster's debut on BTE and then not do anything else with him.

Well he IS Cody's uncle by marriage so they could probably get him to be fair.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Keith lee was better than karrion Kross on nxt and him still being better than him on raw is at least logically consistent

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Wait is his name just Riddle now

When you googled Matt Riddle his rape allegations came up so they changed it. When you googled Riddle....you just got riddles. When you googled WWE Riddle, you still got the rape allegations, but they did the change anyway!

Also, the fun facts of "rides a scooter around" and "Randy Orton is his best friend" are insulting to my intelligence to see actually written on screen.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Mace and T-Bar won a match!

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

it’s just bad.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Like, two years at this point? Ever since they took him of 205 Live and made him R-Truth's main rival for the 24/7 title. He got eaten by a shark at one point.

He was legitimately my favorite wrestler before he went to WWE and now I routinely forget he exists.

His contract has to be up at some point soon, right? Maybe Uhaa's too?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I get frustrated just reading this stupid acronym name.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TheKingslayer posted:

I get frustrated just reading this stupid acronym name.

She cut a long rear end promo where the closing line was something like "IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, YOU CAN BE ALMOST A SUPER HERO TOO"

I think Charlotte referred to Nikki's fans as wannabe almost superheroes too.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

She cut a long rear end promo where the closing line was something like "IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, YOU CAN BE ALMOST A SUPER HERO TOO"

It's no wonder the company bleeds viewers like it does. Vince loves calling you a sucker for wanting to root for a real hero.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blaise330 posted:

If you believe in yourself you can fall just short of being someone admirable is one hell of a message, I'll give them that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

reading this like trivia lol

lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

Why is Keith Lee in that awful singlet?

TheKingslayer posted:

It makes him look way more fat.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Maxwell Lord posted:

He's just running around backstage interrupting interviews wooing and elbow dropping his jacket and Tony is like "We didn't sign him, we have no idea why he's here, he keeps evading security"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

massive lol at Kross getting 50/50 jobbed to future perma-jobber keith lee before his title match with Small Joe

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Drakkel posted:

Well he IS Cody's uncle by marriage so they could probably get him to be fair.

Huh, I had no idea Fred Ottman was Dusty's brother in law.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Also lmao that they're waiting until Takeover to take the belt off Kross and he's just going on Raw as the NXT Champion and losing over and over again in the meantime.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1419143494548049921

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Blaise330 posted:

Mace and T-Bar won a match!

TEE BAR

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

One year ago today we had both Raw Underground and RETRIBUTION debut. Share your favorite memories.

https://twitter.com/jessithebuckeye/status/1293000997133004802

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Pylons posted:

One year ago today we had both Raw Underground and RETRIBUTION debut. Share your favorite memories.

Dabba Kato

Slap Jack

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A random WWE question very slightly related to one of their recent releases:

Is Mick Foley still drawing a paycheck from WWE? Is he on a Legends Contract?

Also does Dewey still work for them?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shane's commentary

"Yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeah!"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

A random WWE question very slightly related to one of their recent releases:

Is Mick Foley still drawing a paycheck from WWE? Is he on a Legends Contract?

Also does Dewey still work for them?

I don't think Mick is on a Legends deal, no.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DEAR RICHARD posted:

it’s just bad.

Beautiful and dangerous??

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pylons posted:

Okay, something about Retribution (and other vandalism type angles) that bugs me...

They're backstage at an arena, so all of the offices they trash and windows they break and walls they put holes in are the property of Madison Square Garden or the Cow Palace or whatever. They'd be dealing with the owners of the building, not the WWE unless they hosed with production equipment or something. And yet it's always portrayed as an attack on the company.

EDIT: gently caress, never mind, they were at the Performance Center, that makes sense.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Okay, something about Retribution (and other vandalism type angles) that bugs me...

They're backstage at an arena, so all of the offices they trash and windows they break and walls they put holes in are the property of Madison Square Garden or the Cow Palace or whatever. They'd be dealing with the owners of the building, not the WWE unless they hosed with production equipment or something. And yet it's always portrayed as an attack on the company.

I believe it was just Titan Towers they trashed. Generally if they do property damage, its a pretape deal and offsite.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

did they hire the company that gave us the TNA Turkey

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

coconono posted:

I believe it was just Titan Towers they trashed. Generally if they do property damage, its a pretape deal and offsite.

I meant in kayfabe, the idea that trashing an area of the arena would somehow hurt the company. Like when Orton destroyed the Legends Bar or whatever the gently caress that was when he wore Adam Bomb glasses.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

WWE is written like a soap opera or sitcom where they assume they have maybe four different "sets" for any given episode. so it's like Ring, Office, Big Hallway With Dumpsters In It, Parking Garage. then they go to an arena, hang up a couple posters of Vince or a logo, maybe stick a TV in the corner of a room, and pretend that wherever they are is where they have always been, so any damage done isn't vandalism of a regional sportertainment complex that didn't have a hockey game last night, it was a crime against Vince, and wrestling

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I meant in kayfabe, the idea that trashing an area of the arena would somehow hurt the company. Like when Orton destroyed the Legends Bar or whatever the gently caress that was when he wore Adam Bomb glasses.

I guess if you wanted to try and force logic into arena destruction, you could say that arenas don't want to host WWE anymore because their poo poo always gets broken by the definitely not Antifa group when they come around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Wazzu posted:

Also, the fun facts of "rides a scooter around" and "Randy Orton is his best friend" are insulting to my intelligence to see actually written on screen.

They’re just putting down the cue cards Vince has written to remember who people are now, like on The Office when Michael’s card about Dwight said “Tall” and “Beets.”