Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dodgeblan posted:

why is john cena the only guy who has to promote his superhero movie in the superhero costume

"has to"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

bout to risk it all for a hollywood super suit

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

who tf is mel?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

who tf is mel?
She showed up for a couple weeks in Brandi's Nightmare Collective, Brandi split off & Awesome Kong had to retire so she was stuck with Luther for a little longer, then I think when the pandemic hit just went back to her day job

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

who tf is mel?

The least important person in a faction that included Brandi Rhodes, somehow

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

RealFoxy posted:

She showed up for a couple weeks in Brandi's Nightmare Collective, Brandi split off & Awesome Kong had to retire so she was stuck with Luther for a little longer, then I think when the pandemic hit just went back to her day job

She was in the crowd at Daily's Place for a while, took part in the Women's Tag Tournament and then vanished off the face of the earth. I think she's started doing some indie dates recently but it's pretty clear AEW saw nothing in her for whatever reason.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The reason is that she sucked major rear end

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Whatever role they had in mind for her being a tall powerhouse type of wrestler you could just hand straight to Kilynn King and be infinitely better off

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

xbilkis posted:

The reason is that she sucked major rear end

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wonder how much they paid her to shave her head, and how long after that did she realise that whatever she got paid was all she was getting out of the whole thing because of how garbage she is at wrestling.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I feel sorry for Mel because basically everyone else that started poorly was able get over even if it was in a small way, but she's just so bad.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
do other places talk as frequently as SA does about mel or did they just all assume aew was letting her contract ride out over the pandemic and move on

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wtf.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I feel like the Melchat started because I posted Gallows needs to be on TV about as much as Mel. I’m sorry for what I have caused

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

a cyborg mug posted:

I feel like the Melchat started because I posted Gallows needs to be on TV about as much as Mel. I’m sorry for what I have caused

It's pretty surprising that you think Mel should be on TV every week but I respect your opinion.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

be careful or someone will come in to say how they like how Gallows annoys people by being terrible

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Lotta people ITT jealous that they're not cool enough to smizz wizz with the bizz clizz.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gallows shouldn’t wrestle but should instead have a 5-10 minute segment on every show to tell a random road story, because he is an incredible story teller.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Dynamite is such a fast paced show, I'm thankful for a Gallows match because it means I can take a 10 to 15 minute nap during the shoe and not miss anything.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I did a couple of searches and I don't think WWE trademarked "Shock the System"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

History Comes Inside! posted:

Gallows shouldn’t wrestle but should instead have a 5-10 minute segment on every show to tell a random road story, because he is an incredible story teller.

I really want an afterwards note about not to google Power Uti because that story took a fuckin turn.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

flatluigi posted:

do other places talk as frequently as SA does about mel or did they just all assume aew was letting her contract ride out over the pandemic and move on

The Board is really similar to SA except for tolerated chud posting by 1/20th of the members and worse gimmick accounts, right down to still talking poo poo about Rovert. Someone go check if they're on the Kidd Bandit train yet.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

El Generico posted:

I did a couple of searches and I don't think WWE trademarked "Shock the System"

Let’s just pretend they did

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I don't really get the Gallows hate, he's by no means a superstar but he seems to fulfill his big mean looking guy role pretty well.

I admit I've only seen his work on dynamite, and haven't seen him in any singles matches, but he seems to do his work just fine to me?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

watching elevation. kris statlander rules ok

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

hooman posted:

I don't really get the Gallows hate, he's by no means a superstar but he seems to fulfill his big mean looking guy role pretty well.

I admit I've only seen his work on dynamite, and haven't seen him in any singles matches, but he seems to do his work just fine to me?

He had a singles match against Kaz last Fyter Fest night 2 and his work wasn't... great. But I must admit, he is big, and does look mean.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Lana is filming The Surreal Life, which is still a thing I guess?

Also Gallows is good, we all lived through Kevin Nash we can appreciate Gallows.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Gallows is perfectly acceptable for the role he's in.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kidcoelacanth posted:

kris statlander rules ok

Can confirm

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Grem posted:

Lana is filming The Surreal Life, which is still a thing I guess?

It’s a revival, everything old is new again.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Everytime you guys mention Mel I think about the poster who was exiled from PSP

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Fuego did an AMA on reddit

Highlights include his favourite match being the one on Dark versus QT, Cody still lies about people because it's funny, and he (used to?) makes 2 grand a month off a backyarder trampoline youtube channel.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Everytime you guys mention Mel I think about the poster who was exiled from PSP

hahaha

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mel was critical in getting Japanese Deathmatch Legend The Original Death Dealer Dr Luther (Inventor of the Lionsault) brought on to AEW TV and for that I salute her.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Fuego did an AMA on reddit

Highlights include his favourite match being the one on Dark versus QT, Cody still lies about people because it's funny, and he (used to?) makes 2 grand a month off a backyarder trampoline youtube channel.

i used to watch KBW, KAGE and the Bama Kid were my boys. Looking at it now some of these matches are over 500000 views lol. The PPV has 2.4 million views drat Feugo is a draw

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
This card looks fun and I hope they do do Andrade/TH2 vs Death Triangle at some point.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I didn't hate Mel as Penelope Ford's tag partner but yeah, she was bad and hopefully her departure from the company wasn't acrimonious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Yeah

Ooh yeah

Its (no longer) time to smack a bitch up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCA-LaX0EoY