Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Boomer pensioners collect their 3k+ pensions while complaining about the youth not working hard enough. There is no other solution to the kestävyys ongelma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

doverhog posted:

Boomer pensioners collect their 3k+ pensions while complaining about the youth not working hard enough. There is no other solution to the kestävyys ongelma.

"It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people."

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
What are we to make of this collection of superstars competing for the role of the persu king?

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Spotted a twit thread about that earlier:

https://twitter.com/oula_silver/status/1419703091989991425

tldr: Riikka Purra is the designated heir, Ossi Tiihonen is the tinfoil hat favourite. But also there might be fights over other roles. Weeaboo nazi chick is angry she got booted off the municipal election list and is challenging for party secretary

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Boring, the usual antivaxers and other basic PS wait wha-

quote:

KRISTITTY PEREHDY LITTEÄÄSEEN MAAHAN

Now we're talking.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I wouldn't want a flat earther in charge of anything, but it feels like it might be fun to have a single conversation with them. Because you know they would love to explain all about the flatness of the Earth to you.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Isn't it nice how Timppa the Hutt has finally retired from politics and publicity and we don't have to see his face anym-

https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000008167205.html

quote:

PERUSSUOMALAISTEN entinen puheenjohtaja Timo Soini arvioi, että naispuheenjohtajan valinta olisi perussuomalaisilta iso riski, kertoo Uutissuomalainen. Soinin mukaan osa perussuomalaisista miehistä ajattelee varmasti, ettei asiasta taida tulla mitään.

”On ihan selvää, että kokoomus hyötyy asetelmasta, kun Petteri Orpo on siellä puheenjohtajana. Ei näitä sukupuolen perusteella äänestäviä paljon ole, mutta pienikin joukko riittää varmistamaan [kokoomuksen] voiton”, Soini sanoo Uutissuomalaisen haastattelussa.

Perussuomalaisten varapuheenjohtajaa Riikka Purraa pidetään puolueen puheenjohtajakisan ennakkosuosikkina. Soini sanoo olevansa varma Purran voitosta ja pitää puheenjohtajakisaa ”huonona kesäteatterina”.

Soini moittii haastattelussa myös ankarasti perussuomalaisten väistyvää puheenjohtajaa Jussi Halla-ahoa. Soinin mukaan Halla-ahon kantti petti, kun pääministerin paikka tai ainakin hallituspaikka alkoi siintää horisontissa.

”Heti, kun jätkä sai karttakepistä ensimmäisen kerran vähän näpeilleen, niin kapina loppui siihen paikkaan. Nyt hän menee nurkkaan viisastelemaan ja ampumaan pillillä palleroita”, Soini sivaltaa.

:allears::allears::allears:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/helsinki/status/1422582123945512970
"Huh, looks like we are heading towards a new corona wave. Anyway kids can go back to school yay!" :downs:

At least jab the teachers with the vax, fer crying out loud.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

"Huh, looks like we are heading towards a new corona wave. Anyway kids can go back to school yay!" :downs:

It's survival of the fittest made into a relatable class-room exercise! Pikku-Matti oppii paljon paremmin miten maailma toimii kunhan hän näkee Liisan ja Riston tukehtuvan omaan sylkeensä.

If I didn't know better, I'd think I just got myself a consulting gig at some Kok think-tank. :ohdear:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Aren't they already doing that? Delta variant is as tarttuva as vesirokko and everyone is gonna get it. Just get everyone vaxxed, gonna get my 2nd shot in 2 weeks.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Nuoriso sairastaa koronan korkeintaan flunssana ja jos opettaja ei ole joku 18v sijainen niin sillä on ollut jo tilaisuus ottaa rokotteet. Eikö tässä nyt ole ihan tarpeeksi uhrattu lasten ja nuorten elämästä?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bloom posted:

Nuoriso sairastaa koronan korkeintaan flunssana ja jos opettaja ei ole joku 18v sijainen niin sillä on ollut jo tilaisuus ottaa rokotteet. Eikö tässä nyt ole ihan tarpeeksi uhrattu lasten ja nuorten elämästä?

lähteet lainauksille

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

bloom posted:

I mean I feel you. We were promised (or something in that fashion) that this summer would be the final spurt towards freedom. I guess we're still on that way, but pandemics don't follow schedules.

That said I'm not exactly enthralled with potentially sending kids to environments where they can contract an easily contractable disease that might have long lasting health effects.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Paula Vesala and the rest of tapatuhma-ala promised us that it's totally safe to open bars and festivals. If our artists know how to keep drunk festival folk from exchanging bodily fluids with total strangers then maybe they should also be put in charge of education.

We're better off right now than during the previous waves, though, because most of the older cohorts are already vaccinated and the young anti-vacc idiots seldom get the worst effects. So it's less likely that our emergency rooms would run out of capacity. Not that there won't be deaths, though. But it is really dangerous to continue with etäopetus especially for kids who have trouble following even contact education.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 3, 2021

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I mean I think opening poo poo like that up until everyone had 2 shots was dumb, and someone should be held criminally responsible for the Russian football incident. However there comes a time when enough people have 2 shots and then you just go.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

there comes a time when enough people have 2 shots

That's gonna take a goddamn while.

Just take a look at our age group eligibility and realize that the whole "everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated" is hilariously not true anywhere in the world, including the US who are hogging all the shots, never loving mind Finland. We just don't have enough vaccine.

We're starting the "everyone" shot availability... this month. Then we wait three months. And well, everyone eligible going for their shots at the same time would promptly make us run out of capacity.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

doverhog posted:

Aren't they already doing that? Delta variant is as tarttuva as vesirokko and everyone is gonna get it. Just get everyone vaxxed, gonna get my 2nd shot in 2 weeks.

No they most definitely are not doing that yet. I got my first shot in June and will gey the second shot in September. I also started teaching classes a week ago, and I am now awaiting my test results, while suffering flu-like symptoms, yet again.

They loving should have vaccinated all of us as soon as they could have.

Warden fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 3, 2021

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

bloom posted:

Kuten tossa jo kirjoitin, niin sain ekan piikin kesäkuussa heti kun mahdollisuus avautui ikäisilleni, ja toisen saan syyskuussa, ja oottelen tässä taas testituloksia flunssaisena, ja koitan jotenkin saada kesäkurssit pidettyä etänä. Voin sanoa, että on aika saatanan perseestä

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

That said I'm not exactly enthralled with potentially sending kids to environments where they can contract an easily contractable disease that might have long lasting health effects.

Lapset voivat toki saada tartunnan, mutta tartunnalla ja sairastumisella on aika merkittävä ero.

Pitkälle covidille en anna kovin paljon arvoa kun kaikki siitä toistaiseksi näkemäni tutkimukset ovat olleet kyselyjä, joissa hyväksytään äärimmäisen laajat oireet eikä tunnuta otettavan huomioon psykosomaattisia vaikutuksia, joita tämä 1,5v jatkunut päivittäinen koronapaniikki on hyvin todennäköisesti aiheuttanut. Se, että nykyisessä ilmapiirissä ihmiset kertovat kärsivänsä uupumuksesta ja masennuksesta ei pitäisi olla yllätys kenellekään.

Eivät nämä rajoituksetkaan mitään ilmaisia ole, rahallisessa tai inhimillisessä mielessä. Vai eikö siitä ole mitään haittaa, jos meillä kasvaa sosiaalisesti eristetty sukupolvi joiden opiskelu on koostunut youtuben katselemisesta zoomissa?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bloom posted:

Lapset voivat toki saada tartunnan, mutta tartunnalla ja sairastumisella on aika merkittävä ero.

Pitkälle covidille en anna kovin paljon arvoa kun kaikki siitä toistaiseksi näkemäni tutkimukset ovat olleet kyselyjä, joissa hyväksytään äärimmäisen laajat oireet eikä tunnuta otettavan huomioon psykosomaattisia vaikutuksia, joita tämä 1,5v jatkunut päivittäinen koronapaniikki on hyvin todennäköisesti aiheuttanut. Se, että nykyisessä ilmapiirissä ihmiset kertovat kärsivänsä uupumuksesta ja masennuksesta ei pitäisi olla yllätys kenellekään.

Eivät nämä rajoituksetkaan mitään ilmaisia ole, rahallisessa tai inhimillisessä mielessä. Vai eikö siitä ole mitään haittaa, jos meillä kasvaa sosiaalisesti eristetty sukupolvi joiden opiskelu on koostunut youtuben katselemisesta zoomissa?

Ooksää tosissas.

Onpahan hevonpaskaa.

Pitkä covid todnäk on vaan se sama viirustartuntojen jälkitauti jota meillä nyt on näkynyt vuosikymmeniä. Plus hapenpuute. Oireet ainakin sopii.

Rokotuksia ei olla vielä saatu kaikille jos et oo 60+ tai reippaasti riskialtis. Kaikilla muilla rokotukset kesken.

Nyt se yhteiskunta kunnolla lukkoon toi piikki on helvetin huono uutinen.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Ihmisillä on sitten kova kiire. Kaikki mahdolliset kissanristiäiset on pidettävä NYT, pari kuukautta ennen kuin jokainen halukas on voinut saada toisen rokoteannoksen joka pudottaa pelkän sairastumisen mahdollisuuden aivan lähes nollaan, vakavasta taudista puhumattakaan. NYT on aika reissata ympäri maata, mitään ei voi lykätä! Lämpimästi tervetuloa, meillä on käsidesiä!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Fabulous Knight posted:

Ihmisillä on sitten kova kiire. Kaikki mahdolliset kissanristiäiset on pidettävä NYT, pari kuukautta ennen kuin jokainen halukas on voinut saada toisen rokoteannoksen joka pudottaa pelkän sairastumisen mahdollisuuden aivan lähes nollaan, vakavasta taudista puhumattakaan. NYT on aika reissata ympäri maata, mitään ei voi lykätä! Lämpimästi tervetuloa, meillä on käsidesiä!

Ei ees pudota tarttumisen riskiä lähelle nollaa Deltan kanssa.

Vakava tauti kyllä tippuu vieläkin yli 90% todennäköisyydessä tosin.

Katoppa Israelin dataa, niillä on niin hyvä rokotekattavuus että niiden data parasta laatua.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Warden posted:

They loving should have vaccinated all of us as soon as they could have.

I agree with this sentiment. Even if we generally follow age preference, maybe being in a vulnerable profession should count as +10 modifier to age or something like that?

Problems might arise from the healthcare sector not having up to date information about everyone's job situation, but that's a problem that can be solved by throwing a few billion euros to Tieto so they can cross-check two Excel files.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

bloom posted:

Eh, they'll be fine. Currently lukio is nowadays a corporate mandated uraohjus-hellhole that heavily favors "hard" sciences over humanities, so maybe it'll do them more good jumping out of that rat race. Vocational schools are no better.

So basically everything is poo poo anyway.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

Ei ees pudota tarttumisen riskiä lähelle nollaa Deltan kanssa.

Vakava tauti kyllä tippuu vieläkin yli 90% todennäköisyydessä tosin.

Katoppa Israelin dataa, niillä on niin hyvä rokotekattavuus että niiden data parasta laatua.

Ihan totta tämä, kunhan yritin vähän yksinkertaistaa tekstiä. Mutta joka tapauksessa deltaakin vastaan tartunnan saamisen riski on aivan valtavasti pienempi toisen annoksen jälkeen, vaikka ei suinkaan lähellekään nolla.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Eh, they'll be fine. Currently lukio is nowadays a corporate mandated uraohjus-hellhole that heavily favors "hard" sciences over humanities, so maybe it'll do them more good jumping out of that rat race. Vocational schools are no better.

This is a refreshingly weird take. What should they jump into? Twitch streaming is very popular these days.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Nenonen posted:

I agree with this sentiment. Even if we generally follow age preference, maybe being in a vulnerable profession should count as +10 modifier to age or something like that?

Problems might arise from the healthcare sector not having up to date information about everyone's job situation, but that's a problem that can be solved by throwing a few billion euros to Tieto so they can cross-check two Excel files.

It puzzles me that every year they managed to organize vaccinations against influenza for us in addition to the health care workers via our occupational health care, but not the covid vaccine.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I would take offense to that if you weren't hitting at least partially close to the mark.

Edit. At least, it feels like that sometimes.

Warden fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 3, 2021

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Warden posted:

I would take offense to that if you weren't hitting at least partially close to the mark.

Edit. At least, it feels like that sometimes.

Well, this is something I picked up while I was in adult night school, and how they changed the points system for university entrance tests by giving points of variable degree depending on what you studied. Finland being an engineer heavy country, you get the most points from STEM curriculums. This has resulted in students ignoring curriculums that only give low points or just streamlining their portfolio. Thus languages like german or france for that matter are suffering, since they don't fit in the students busy schedules. Add in brain farts from consultants giving academic freedom to students when they sure as hell aren't mentally ready for it and you have a mix that's gonna appear in PISA results for a long time.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Well, this is something I picked up while I was in adult night school, and how they changed the points system for university entrance tests by giving points of variable degree depending on what you studied. Finland being an engineer heavy country, you get the most points from STEM curriculums. This has resulted in students ignoring curriculums that only give low points or just streamlining their portfolio. Thus languages like german or france for that matter are suffering, since they don't fit in the students busy schedules. Add in brain farts from consultants giving academic freedom to students when they sure as hell aren't mentally ready for it and you have a mix that's gonna appear in PISA results for a long time.

I am well aware, since I teach humanities and languages.

And trust me when I say that I am quite unhappy with the changes.

Edit. Also, I've taught at adult night school, and liked it a lot. If given the choice of permanent position at adult night school or regular high school, I'd probably pick the former.

Of course, I am never going to get a permanent position with my combo of subjects. :shepicide:

Warden fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 3, 2021

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The reasoning behind long math being given highest score is that it's actually hard, so it shows motivation and intelligence, even if you don't actually care about math or are good at it. :shrug:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Yeah let's just sacrifice the youth. We failed so why should they get a chance?

endlessmonotony posted:

Pitkä covid todnäk on vaan se sama viirustartuntojen jälkitauti jota meillä nyt on näkynyt vuosikymmeniä. Plus hapenpuute. Oireet ainakin sopii.

Niin ja missä ovat olleet nämä vuosikymmeniä jatkuneet yhteiskunnan sulut?

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

doverhog posted:

The reasoning behind long math being given highest score is that it's actually hard, so it shows motivation and intelligence, even if you don't actually care about math or are good at it. :shrug:

That, and advanced math has 10 + 3 courses. Of course, the system of determining the base value the points based on the number of courses in national curriculum leads to a lot of stupidity. You get more points for religion than extra foreign language when applying to study a foreign language in university, for example.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bloom posted:

Niin ja missä ovat olleet nämä vuosikymmeniä jatkuneet yhteiskunnan sulut?

Samassa paikassa kuin näin nopeasti leviävät taudit.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

People who are good at math will still breeze through it but people who aren't will struggle a lot. Like, I had a much easier time with math than anything where I actually had to read poo poo and put in work.

It's a very different skillset than non-science subjects. It does not make sense to put a strong emphasis on math in career paths that don't require it.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 3, 2021

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

bloom posted:

Yeah let's just sacrifice the youth. We failed so why should they get a chance?

They'll have chances. Just because their lives didn't go from A to B as planned doesn't mean they have failed in their lives and there's no point in living anymore.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

doverhog posted:

By using that logic, most score should be given to swedish courses.

You really need motivation for that.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

doverhog posted:

It's "hard" because it is taught wrong, not because it is some selector for who is an ubermensch and who is not. If a child is good at languages, or geography, doesn't make them any "less hard working", "less motivated" or "less intelligent", and it's frankly insulting to insinuate so.

And yes I did pitkän matikan with a good grade, and you're still a bit of a butt, sir.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

One reason they moved away from entrance exams was to make the system more equal. In many places you had to take valmennuskurssi, which are private and cost money, to have a real chance of getting in. The course operators knew exactly what to teach so it was not fair. That was an argument for moving away from pääsykokeet.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Rappaport posted:

It's "hard" because it is taught wrong, not because it is some selector for who is an ubermensch and who is not. If a child is good at languages, or geography, doesn't make them any "less hard working", "less motivated" or "less intelligent", and it's frankly insulting to insinuate so.

And yes I did pitkän matikan with a good grade, and you're still a bit of a butt, sir.

You seem to have problems with reading comprehension, as I described the reasoning, but never said I agreed with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

doverhog posted:

You seem to have problems with reading comprehension, as I described the reasoning, but never said I agreed with it.

I can appreciate you not agreeing with it, why would anyone, but you presented it pretty straight-faced, so I posted a rebuttal.