Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Wow, Tom Brady has won a lot of super bowls, who knew?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Oh cool Tom Brady NFC West champ because he beat the Rams in a Super Bowl eh right

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Guys it's AGAINST NFC teams, of course they wouldn't count Brees' SBs because those were against AFC teams, the same reason they didn't count the Bucs SB win for Brady.

The point that's being made is that Brady has won against more NFC teams because he's won 6 superbowls against NFC teams with the Pats and then 3 playoff games against NFC teams with the Bucs. Brees has been in the NFC and "only" won 8 games against NFC teams.

It wouldn't have killed them to say that tbh as opposed to making it super vague

You know what another cool stat is.

Brady has lost more Superbowls than anyone else.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

It wouldn't have killed them to say that tbh as opposed to making it super vague

You know what another cool stat is.

Yeah that's fair it doesn't make a lot of sense as presented

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CyberPingu posted:

A whole bunch of Bills lost four, and a few guys from those teams also lost with other teams, notably Cornelius Bennett losing one with the Falcons in 1998 and Gale Gilbert losing five in a row after being on all four Bills teams and then the ‘94 Chargers as well.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

fartknocker posted:

A whole bunch of Bills lost four, and a few guys from those teams also lost with other teams, notably Cornelius Bennett losing one with the Falcons in 1998 and Gale Gilbert losing five in a row after being on all four Bills teams and then the ‘94 Chargers as well.

Yeah but football didn't start until whenever the cowboys last won theirs....the year after that

For....reasons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

poo poo is loving pear shaped in Minnesota.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah but football didn't start until whenever the cowboys last won theirs....the year after that

For....reasons.

gently caress the Cowboys

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

fartknocker posted:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

Like none of the current Cowboys have any superbowl losses. It's been a lonely January in Big D these last two decades.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgCY_o1SR3o

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GD_American posted:

Oh cool Tom Brady NFC West champ because he beat the Rams in a Super Bowl eh right

What

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Getting really ominous vibes from Bengals training camp tweets.

The defense has owned the offense for three or four straight days and there's no way they're that good.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

poo poo is loving pear shaped in Minnesota.

The Vikings & WFT are in a race to miss/lose the most games due to COVID-19.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Tom brady is the greatest of all time cheater

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

really queer Christmas posted:

Tom brady is the greatest of all time cheater

Maybe Drew Brees should have cheated some to leave behind a relevant legacy

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well that's one loving hell of a horrifying injury the 1st week of august.

https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/status/1422673683294965763

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Vrabel being a good coach is so fun considering how poorly actual coaches from the Belichick tree have faired so far, tho Flores is the current outlier (good for him tho!).

Vrabel could also be considered a Cowher disciple, as that's who drafted him and who he played for for 5 years before ever going to the Patriots

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Vrabel is fun and good, Campbell is fun and good, and all I want is a Meathead playoff game. Not even superbowl, just give me one with meaning. Feasting on kneecaps and chopping off dicks, the way god intended this game to be played.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Yeah I miss dumb, fun football

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dumb football is allowed as long as Derrick Henry isn't dead.

Yeah, go ahead and run some play action and hand it off to him 36 times in a playoff game.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

D-LINK posted:

Vrabel could also be considered a Cowher disciple, as that's who drafted him and who he played for for 5 years before ever going to the Patriots

I think playing and working for other coaches has been a big deal for Vrabel, but then again he's also worked for huge assholes like BOB and Urban Meyer, so who knows?

I wonder how much of Vrabel and maybe Flores too is they're just different personalities and separate the X's and O's from the personalities that come with it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Vrabel belongs to the Meat Head tree

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/1422693436210270208

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

BrownThunder posted:

Maybe Drew Brees should have cheated some to leave behind a relevant legacy

We tried that and it got a super bowl so agreed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

God that would rule.

Imagine a world where Big Ben falls apart in november and the Steelers suddenly become likable.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kalli posted:

God that would rule.

Imagine a world where Big Ben falls apart in november and the Steelers suddenly become likable.

Well, Dwayne Haskins is already forcing the Steelers to reconsider Mason Rudolph, so here's hoping

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm sure Vrabel learned a lot from Cowher smashing a hammer on his head and yelling at his qb to run the ball

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

I'm sure Vrabel learned a lot from Cowher smashing a hammer on his head and yelling at his qb to run the ball

Yeah, it's exactly what your team does

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
No my team throws deep all the time

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

This will almost certainly happen because the universe has a powerful sense of humor.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Miami does need a new relief quarterback with Fitz gone

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rivers was good last year, also

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Vrabel working the rules to help his team win while appearing like it was an accident is up there almost as high as patricia getting fired in the happy/cool football moments that have happened recently.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Vikings need a qb! Kirk with covid and our hero Rivers comes to rescue us.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Metapod posted:

No my team throws deep all the time

When you’ve got noted top ten QB Ryan Tannehill it’s what you should do tho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Vikings need a qb! Kirk with covid and our hero Rivers comes to rescue us.

I'm going to Vikings/Chargers in LA this year so this would make my day

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Vrabel being a good coach is so fun considering how poorly actual coaches from the Belichick tree have faired so far, tho Flores is the current outlier (good for him tho!).

College teams should try to poach his coaches just in case though maybe? Saban is Saban, promptly flamed out in the NFL because he was such a jackass but is the best college coach in history by a country mile. Bill O'Brien also did surprisingly well in an impossible situation at Penn State. Even while playing freshman Christian Hackenberg one year.

On the other hand....Charlie Weis (although I'd consider him to be more a part of Bill Parcell's tree).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Giovani Bernard showed up to camp clean shaven

I was promised a sweet ‘stasche :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

D-LINK posted:

Well, Dwayne Haskins is already forcing the Steelers to reconsider Mason Rudolph, so here's hoping

Speaking of lovely Steelers backup QBs, Duck Hodges might beat out Bryce Perkins to be the Rams 3rd string QB/practice squad guy