Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

It's good AEW quote day. Jericho was asked about Vince's competition quote.

quote:

“We’re not worried about what WWE is and we haven’t been since day one. We weren’t worried about what NXT did. The whole time with the NXT vs. AEW war, which ended in a total abysmal failure for NXT, we never once had a TV screen watching what they were doing when we were doing it. We didn’t know what segments they were in. We didn’t know any of that. Now, the WWE way is you’re watching what the competition is doing when they were on, we didn’t do that. And it was no disrespect. We just didn’t care. We were too busy worrying about our own company and about our own stories, and about our own show to care what anybody else is doing. And that’s one of the reasons why we did so well is that we were concentrating on AEW, not anything else.”

🤔🤔🤔

He's right about the war being an abysmal failure tho.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

That WWE doesn't consider themselves a wrestling company makes AEW the #1 wrestling company in the world by all metrics

This is v true and I wish Warner's press releases would start referring to AEW as the most watched wrestling company on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

STAC Goat posted:

WWE is still wrestling.
yeah...about that (ff to 0:26)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzltiVDVb5M

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wwe is a wrestling company no matter how much they try to say they arent to make themselves seem more high class and respectable prime time tv, because they sure as poo poo aren't an entertainment company

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNmQTl7lg5Y This is a really good road-to. Malakai's segment was great, Miro is loving incredible, even Lee Johnson came off with more confidence than he usually does.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alan_Shore posted:

That Best Friends BTE skit should be on Dynamite. It's short and it's funny. The crowd would have loved it and it helps get Yuta over too. Ah well

Just caught up on BTE and loved that. OC pausing, looking up and going,"Is that true...?" was an incredible moment.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sick Malakai promo -> Sick Miro promo is pretty good concise vindication that everyone was right about all the obvious high potential guys in WWE

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It’s hard for me to believe that Miro is Rusev, I can't remember a moment of him being half as good in wwe.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so the only real mention of the Nightmare Family younguns was that Cody doesn't have their best interest in mind but he does, i wonder who will join the spooky pervert? (Brock, it'll be Brock)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

so the only real mention of the Nightmare Family younguns was that Cody doesn't have their best interest in mind but he does, i wonder who will join the spooky pervert? (Brock, it'll be Brock)

Fuego

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Man... white-strap TNT belt is the best.

More belts with white straps plz.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this is really feeling like the Jericho retirement tour, and it's pretty freaking awesome

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

smarxist posted:

Envisioning Brock as a Goth Bobby Hill to Arn's Hank

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Just scored a floor seat to Rampage :hellyeah: in Pittsburgh lol

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Malakai being calm, collected, and completely unhinged is great. Miro being completely unhinged, completely unhinged, and completely unhinged is great.

I think I just like Psycho Killers in wrestling.

What I'm saying is "When is Tommaso Ciampa getting out of NXT"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

This shirt is really good but can I get one in purple with the colors reversed

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lethrom posted:

Malakai being calm, collected, and completely unhinged is great. Miro being completely unhinged, completely unhinged, and completely unhinged is great.

I think I just like Psycho Killers in wrestling.

What I'm saying is "When is Tommaso Ciampa getting out of NXT"

Malakai: "They don't know what they want, I know what they want"

Me: "Eh, not sure about that"

Malakai: "They want unprecedented levels of violence."

Me: :hmmyes:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

They had Moxley and he was the Lunatic Fringe.

They had Miro and they told him he wasn't over despite full crowds chanting for him.

They had Tommy End and had him team with Ricochet.

Don't know who had it worse.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

Malakai: "They don't know what they want, I know what they want"

Me: "Eh, not sure about that"

Malakai: "They want unprecedented levels of violence."

Malakai: They want spooky goths

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

ARMBAR A COP posted:

They had Moxley and he was the Lunatic Fringe.

They had Miro and they told him he wasn't over despite full crowds chanting for him.

They had Tommy End and had him team with Ricochet.

Don't know who had it worse.

Its been a while but I remember really enjoying the Black/Ricochet tag team. It did suffer from being a tag team being named "The Tag Team of <Name> & <Name>" though, so there was never a ton of chemistry there and it was never going to last.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Someone found this guys Twitter recently and he’s remarkably normal. He still likes WWE but he’s not one of the bad faith posters or anything like that.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PabstBlueRibbon/status/1422666092959387657?s=19

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

Malakai: They want spooky goths

Speaking directly to my head, heart, ears, soul, and everything else.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Someone found this guys Twitter recently and he’s remarkably normal. He still likes WWE but he’s not one of the bad faith posters or anything like that.
I figured as much. It's just that him saying "don't get it twisted I'm not a wrestling fan I'm a WWE fan :smug:" really hammers home the point that they desperately want you to see them as anything but a wrestling organization.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1422672052620652545

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Riders in the Sky

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1422674927107387396

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i bought a six pack for tomorrow.

maybe i'll order the pizza, your call dominos

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shard posted:

I don't think any wrestler's first match in a company, if they are an established name, should lose.

:wrong:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I want John Cena ro show up to promote Suicide Squad but he's in his Peacemaker costume and onky refers to himself as Peacemaker and they try to say it's John but he keeps sidetracking them.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Malakai Black and Thunder Rosa getting added to the shop are going to give Dark Order and Best Friends a run for the top selling items of the week, but Hangman/Dark Order merch is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Wrong thread woops

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Instantly bought this but I doubt it will arrive in time for the Pittsburgh shows

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody rhodes

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Just caught up on BTE and loved that. OC pausing, looking up and going,"Is that true...?" was an incredible moment.

If OC makes I Think You Should Leave references, I think we should all be able to.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Extremely brief Fight For The Fallen thoughts: as a show I didn't think it was quite as good as the previous week, opener was the MOTN, main event was good-not-great and mostly it was just enjoyable that this messy Spectacle was on TV, which is pretty cool. FTR vs PNP was probably best of the rest.

Surprised how much I enjoy JR in this environment: big improvement over him and Josh Barnett. Great promos from Miro and Moxley, and the Cody Black segment was very good. Bit disappointed Cody wore all white and didn't blade though...

Julia Hart seems real loving green. Which wouldn't be a huge issue if that wasn't the only woman's match of the show.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
now that they';ve done it both on dynamite and on dark, I've noticed that they're hinting at something. Fenix keeps putting Pac on his shoulders after victories before Andrade comes out.

I suspect that at some point, he's gonna do that, and then will electric chair drop/fall backwards with Pac and turn heel on him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't see where Andrade/Lucha Bros goes if not a Lucha Bros heel turn. It makes sense to me. I dig Death Triangle but they're never really been able to get out of first gear between shutdowns and injuries. They're just in this spot where they can be counted on for a great match fill in but they don't really have their own stuff. So a heel turn for thee Lucha Bros could give them a fresh spark and maybe propel them to go against Santana and Ortiz if they do win the tag belts as some anticipate. And it gives something for Pac to be angry about and have a bunch of great matches in a kind of cool mirror of Kingston's run.

The alternative is Andrade getting some other team but I dunno know who, I'm not itching for more bodies filling spots, and generic trios matches feels overly simplistic to me as character/feud directions. So I'm kinda pulling for the heel turn.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I feel like Julia! needs a nice moment of kicking Caster's rear end.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

forkboy84 posted:

Extremely brief Fight For The Fallen thoughts: as a show I didn't think it was quite as good as the previous week, opener was the MOTN, main event was good-not-great and mostly it was just enjoyable that this messy Spectacle was on TV, which is pretty cool. FTR vs PNP was probably best of the rest.

Surprised how much I enjoy JR in this environment: big improvement over him and Josh Barnett. Great promos from Miro and Moxley, and the Cody Black segment was very good. Bit disappointed Cody wore all white and didn't blade though...

Julia Hart seems real loving green. Which wouldn't be a huge issue if that wasn't the only woman's match of the show.

She's green as hell. She's 19. Everyone is green st that age.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Going forward all groups of wrestlers will be known as Vlogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

She's green as hell. She's 19. Everyone is green st that age.

I think the main note was it wasn't the strongest performer to put into the very limited 1 women's match slot that Dynamite typically has.

The most charitable reading I can give is that they're saving premium matches for when the women's division has more screentime/focus.