Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

how much is there? it looks so good

theres only one stage built for it, the tutorial, but every weapon is different and theres a fully featured shop and stats system, along with new moves. its a shame that since i first heard of it when it released it hasnt had anything added to it, but apaprently theyre making a new mod caleld treasure tech land with 2 full stages and a couple new weapons out as a demo. i might "czech" it out.

e: tho playing thru regular doom 2 was fun enough but youre a bit op lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
Blood: Death Wish is incredibly good and it's compatible with Fresh Supply. I recommend that if the original game's level design gets dull for you

e: Also there will be another episode released this year (but I wasn't good enough to beat the last one...)

Sir Mat of Dickie fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 19, 2021

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sir Mat of Dickie posted:

e: Also there will be another episode released this year (but I wasn't good enough to beat the last one...)
i think it's been moved to next year because the guy's renovating a bunch of the already-released levels while he's at it

https://twitter.com/BloodDeathWish/status/1363261727979233282
https://twitter.com/BloodDeathWish/status/1401367202960453633

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sir Mat of Dickie posted:

Blood: Death Wish is incredibly good and it's compatible with Fresh Supply. I recommend that if the original game's level design gets dull for you

i didn't know it was compatibile with fresh supply i thought u needed a source port and i'm exceptionally lazy nice

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXgBg2sEmqA
this looks very cool its got 16 episodes

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVzaN9K3TU

amazing

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

ArfJason posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXgBg2sEmqA
this looks very cool its got 16 episodes

Cool. Gonna wait to check out tho cause it sounds like it's still heavily in beta

However I did play these 2 alpha maps recently and they+the gameplay changes are sick https://www.celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=62065

Lots of interesting quake stuff recently. Alkaline is another cool one. Only 2 or 3 standout maps but visually it's great.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just beat Doom II and based on this thread I know I'm gonna try Ancient Aliens for sure...and probably Eviternity. what other wads should I d/l

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Going down.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I just beat Doom II and based on this thread I know I'm gonna try Ancient Aliens for sure...and probably Eviternity. what other wads should I d/l

I've never played it but I heard Sunlust is pretty good.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thats on my list but i kinda dropped hard ancient aliens cause every map is like 5000 minutes long and i was trying to no quicksave it. i had to give up after a while, and started saving here and there. i should finish it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
scythe is supposed to be good and have short levels i think

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Try Doom 3 OP.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Try Doom 3 OP.

doom 64 might be worth a shot. now that you mention it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

doom 64 might be worth a shot. now that you mention it

Doom 64 is cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[waking up from a 25 year long coma] id rather play doom 63 first

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've played like half of Doom 64, I should get back to it. The new cacodemons creep me out

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

[waking up from a 25 year long coma] id rather play doom 63 first

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Valiant is skillsaw (ancient alien guys) other big 32 map pack and its very good. He also released an 8 level episode this year called "Heartland" that's excellent but its only playable on Eternity Engine.

Eviternity is really good.

The Japanese Community Project is good and about the same difficulty as most of Doom2.

Back to Saturn X is good for a more uh vanilla I guess megawad although someoo of the maps are annoyingly long.

A good place to look is doomworld's cacoaward lists and/or threadds

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

scythe is supposed to be good and have short levels i think

scythe 1 is weird because its like easier than doom 2 in the first and parts of the 2nd episode, then the hell episode is really hard esp the last couple levels. Scythe 2 is really coool but insanely hard.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3 maps into Ancient Aliens and it's already cooler than anything in Doom II lol. Gonna try and pistol start all the maps I think

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Plebian Parasite posted:

I've never played it but I heard Sunlust is pretty good.

its pretty doable on some of the lower skills there's differences between monster numbers and placements for i'm to young to die/hey not to rough, hmp, and uv.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Doom 64 is cool

it is but it really suffers without archviles and revenants imo. there's so many knights/barons ;-(

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm not a huge fan of most giant gzdoom weapon/moster change mods but Paradise is really cool

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/106058-paradise-v21-multiplayer-release-10112020/

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
yeah i really liked paradise. its not too crazy or anything. it does get a little slaughtery a few times but it feels earned

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I managed to do pistol start UV in Scythe up to the last episode but then it just gets way too hard, I had to cheat to finish it. The stuff up to that point was fun, though. Levels are pretty short and sufficiently challenging. It makes the last episode all the more jarring when all of a sudden there's 1000 revenants and 100 cyberdemons in a map.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
There are some thread s on doonworld listing wads according to difficulty which can help if you're just starting the journey to ultraviolence pistol starts

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
there needs to be something like the quaddicted injector and you should be able to sort by difficulty and also you should get stuff from finishing maps.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
there's no difficulty ratings but i use this thing to organize wads. It can download directly from idgames as well (or just drag a zip in for anything not on there ) https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/69346-doom-launcher-doom-frontend-database-v331-52021/

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ancient Aliens Map 05 hosed me up, I need to practice fighting cyberdemons

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
finally finished shores of hell tonight. cyberdemon is a pretty easy bossfight but the two maps before it can gently caress right off on UV imo. took me a bunch of tries each

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I thought I was safe from Archviles in map 09 of ancient aliens but after 30 minutes and the cyberdemon corridor I met my end to a pair of them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

that trap can be turned real easy goon luck

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

gently caress

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

beating this one map no save felt like beating an entire drat game. and it's only map 09

might need an intermission wad lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

beating this one map no save felt like beating an entire drat game. and it's only map 09

might need an intermission wad lol

16 minute par lmfao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I see that "joshy" has another map in episode 3 of this megawad. Not looking forward to that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

joshy's cool and made 1/2 of speed of doom but to be fair i like the other mappers "darkwave3000" maps in that wad better