Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone had any luck grabbing the Empyre omnibus? I pre-ordered mine in April and my store still don't have it. Had a quick look on Amazon and they don't have any either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Previews says it comes out August 25th while the retail date at stores online shows September 7th. So you got a little while to wait.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

Previews says it comes out August 25th while the retail date at stores online shows September 7th. So you got a little while to wait.

So it's delayed everywhere then? That's a relief, thanks.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've started picking up some more Marvel paperbacks and I'm noticing a lot of the complete collections (such as Hickman's Fantastic Four) have out of print first and second volumes. Do those tend to cycle back in print fairly often or am i SOL?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm part of the The Omnibus Collector's Comic Swap and Community on Facebook, but planning to delete my Facebook account in the next week or so. Any suggestions as to other forums I can join for omnibus news and the like?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It's not quite a forum or group, but Near Mint Condition gets scoops about collected editions directly from Marvel and DC, so I think they're worth a follow. They help me keep up with OHC and omnibus releases better than any comic news websites.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I don’t know where else to talk about it but I just bought the Simon Bisley/Kevin Eastman Bodycount hardcover and I’ve never been so excited to reread a comic in my entire life. I am loving PUMPED to get this book.

radlum
May 13, 2013

JordanKai posted:

It's not quite a forum or group, but Near Mint Condition gets scoops about collected editions directly from Marvel and DC, so I think they're worth a follow. They help me keep up with OHC and omnibus releases better than any comic news websites.

Yeah; their content is good, but their scoops are the main reasons I follow them. I get genuinely excited whenever they make their Marvel Omnibus announcements and their recommendations are good to keep track of the monthly releases.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

ruddiger posted:

I don’t know where else to talk about it but I just bought the Simon Bisley/Kevin Eastman Bodycount hardcover and I’ve never been so excited to reread a comic in my entire life. I am loving PUMPED to get this book.

My copy has a misprint (they printed the same page twice), but I couldn't send it back for a replacement because I got it with a personalized sketch of Michelangelo on the inside and wasn't willing to lose that.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Looks like there has been a reprint of Invincible HC Vol 7. It's available all over again. I imagine they did a reprint to sell after the recent animated series. I've read up to Vol 11 and the series is kinda nuts and brutal with its characters. I don't love it but it occasionally has some pretty out there concepts that they run with for a bit.

edit: Also, look how close they came to nailing a uniform spine layout...

Jolo fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 3, 2021

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jolo posted:

Looks like there has been a reprint of Invincible HC Vol 7. It's available all over again. I imagine they did a reprint to sell after the recent animated series. I've read up to Vol 11 and the series is kinda nuts and brutal with its characters. I don't love it but it occasionally has some pretty out there concepts that they run with for a bit.

I hope that whoever hosed up the purple and yellow was at least criticized at the office party. Getting so close is almost worse than not having a pattern at all. I guess maybe they decided late in the game to have the colors mirror each other?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I hope that whoever hosed up the purple and yellow was at least criticized at the office party. Getting so close is almost worse than not having a pattern at all. I guess maybe they decided late in the game to have the colors mirror each other?

Psst, look at the color of the title on volume 9. :psyduck:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Oh god drat it

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't know what's in that volume but I'm going to guess the purple lettering has some significance.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

X-O posted:

I don't know what's in that volume but I'm going to guess the purple lettering has some significance.

I wondered about that while these sat on the shelf but when I got to that volume nothing stood out. He has costume changes over time but purple is never involved. I think it's just an accident and for some reason they matched the volume color onto the name also.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Uthor posted:

My copy has a misprint (they printed the same page twice), but I couldn't send it back for a replacement because I got it with a personalized sketch of Michelangelo on the inside and wasn't willing to lose that.

A full page, or one of the thumbnails in the back? I noticed in my copy they misprinted one of Eastman’s thumbnails and one of Bisley’s finished pages got pasted twice, but it looks like it’s in the page template so every copy will have it.

Other than that the book is amazing. And my copy has a signature and a little Casey drawing. :dance:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Jolo posted:

6 & 7 both being black is also annoying.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

The trade paperbacks color in the logo/title with different colors on each cover. I bet that's part of it. It's only yellow text on the cover and spine on the hardcovers.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

ruddiger posted:

A full page, or one of the thumbnails in the back? I noticed in my copy they misprinted one of Eastman’s thumbnails and one of Bisley’s finished pages got pasted twice, but it looks like it’s in the page template so every copy will have it.

Other than that the book is amazing. And my copy has a signature and a little Casey drawing. :dance:

I didn't notice/look at the thumbnails. One of the finished pages was printed twice, I think replacing the page that is supposed to be there. Been a while since I read it, I think it was the beginning of the car chase? I'll look when I get home.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

90s Cringe Rock posted:

6 & 7 both being black is also annoying.

Lol yeah I was gonna say that one.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The spines on the Savage Dragon Archives collection are sooo close to being uniform.

Vol. 10 also forgot to swap out the little Dragon figure (Malcolm Dragon is now the main character of the book since his father died, which is why he’s on the spine of vol. 9).

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I'm hearing that the X-Men Inferno Prologue omnibus just got pushed by three months which is devastating news to my bank account as there are already three other X-Men adjacent omnibuses I'd planned on getting in December :negative:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I’d be willing to put my mouth on something if anyone has a Ben Reilly vol 1 omni they are looking to move or if their shop has one on the shelves gathering dust somewhere.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That spine stuff is always funny. And good to see Invincible and Dragon, two of my favs ever. I keep my Invincible hardcovers stacked, and I keep all my trades stacked in piles on shelving since you can cram more. I just gotta know where they are on instinct.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

IST has the Death of Captain America omnibus by Brubaker on sale for $36 this week

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously, why is Squirrel Girl vol. 11 out of print? Why that volume specifically?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Seriously, why is Squirrel Girl vol. 11 out of print? Why that volume specifically?

Sometimes trades have tiny print runs for unknown reasons. Loki, Agent of Asgard vol. 2 was really hard to find for a while

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just grabbed two more Valiant HCs in Dallas TX, two more and I am all caught up.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Alhazred posted:

More importantly why did the hardcover editions stop!?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

frameset posted:

More importantly why did the hardcover editions stop!?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I have been reading through Hellblazer from the beginning and just finished up the last two trades they released. The whole John's evil twin raping Gema was just too much. I want to finish the story but if this is the direction it is going I don't think I'll bother. I think there is just one more trade to go?

Anyways. I'm selling some omniboo over in the SAmart. I might list some more stuff this week.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3978603

sporklift fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 6, 2021

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Shudder.

https://twitter.com/mollyjane_k/status/1435440515739176961?s=20

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Unlike some people here, I don't really have too much issue with varying spines, but oof. Every once in a while I see something that just gets me, and that one does.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Thing looks like he's looking up at the text like "yall hosed up"

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:piss:

This is worse than those Mighty Avengers HCs that all have different spines.

e: It gets better

https://twitter.com/mollyjane_k/status/1435464584865931265

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 9, 2021

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
anyone with the complete ex machina is used to disappointing endings already

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Hey, I have a silly question. I put in an order on instocktrades on the 6th on the recommendation of a few goons, and it still says "waiting to be processed." Is this normal? I'm ok being patient in terms of it actually getting here-- I'm doing a slow reread of Claremont's X-Men and I ordered the first Lee/Claremont omnibus, so it's all stuff I'll be getting to in a few months most likely-- but I just want to know if this is de rigeur or what? I know it seems to be a popular site for goon collectors?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've ordered there a lot and it's not unusual to see a big gap in order date vs processing date. Even for stuff they have stock of.

This is from my order page so, as you can see I've dropped a decent amount there so I definitely vouch for them.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Cool, thank you. I know the publishing industry is really being rocked by shortages and supply chain issues right now all across the board, I just wanted to get a second opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
I put in my first order with them on the 1st and am still waiting for it to ship. I sent them an e-mail and they basically said they're super swamped right now with a bunch of orders they didn't expect, along with having low staff but stuff is moving as much as it can. I did just check my order and the graphic under the items changed from "waiting to ship" to this new little icon under it:

So things are definitely moving, just a little slow right now.