Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Seams posted:

their next rap should be about how nice julia's vagina is

don't forget

AsInHowe posted:

- only compliment genitals if you have to talk about them at all
- you usually never have to talk about them though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

We’re gonna have 200+ beautiful new Discourse posts by 9:00am EST tomorrow, where the closest thing to a consensus will be that the croissants line is racist towards the French.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
AEW yanking it from the video is dumb since I'm sure it's out there already, i feel like an apology from creative in text form would be fine considering how many people were aware of this before it went out but if Max has to do some kinda apology thing and time off penance you may as well just poo poo can the Acclaimed , which would really suck.

Presumably the stuff with Julia is cleared with her and part of the angle, the Blonds beat their asses tonight for it while she cheered so that's whatever

the rest is shitposting, of a sort

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Max should rap the apology

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

NienNunb posted:

We’re gonna have 200+ beautiful new Discourse posts by 9:00am EST tomorrow, where the closest thing to a consensus will be that the croissants line is racist towards the French.

The loving French.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lot of people pro rape jokes itt

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

don't forget

Talking about vaginas, cocks and balls rules though.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Hell yeah brother

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I wish max had rapped about the withheld dna evidence and disbarred prosecutor

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1419719180950114308

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
is it ok to call him trump now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

You are hilariously sycophantic, bravo my friend.

Have you considered "Crying more" about it, "bitch"?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Bowens should stop Caster at the very first yo instead of the last word to avoid further controversy.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

StarkRavingMad posted:

The Biles joke is about her pulling out of several Olympic events due to having the "twisties," none of this other stuff about her has been in the media focus at all.
It hasn't been the focus in the midst of a bunch of Twitter/ESPN Yelling Heads show level 'discourse', like I said, but it's absolutely something that's not very hard to know about. She mentioned it directly in pre-Olympics interviews with places like the New York Times as both why she wanted to go back to the Olympics one more time (to win medals for herself/for a team that doesn't include Nassar) and I guess I was incorrect that she directly cited it as part of why she quit, but she did retweet one of the other abused gymnasts who said as much, and it was very much part (though not yelled as loudly in the sports sections I guess) of the media focus.

"The Twisties", not unlike the "yips" are a disconnect between the body and mind, which falls under "mental health", which, and I am not a psychologist or anything, may be affected by bad things that have happened to you?

I knew who Nassar was but didn't connect the two things until some people pointed it out shortly after she withdrew. It definitely hasn't been the dominant topic of conversation re: Simone Biles, a lot of that is just garden variety crypto-racist "spoiled athletes" stuff. You shouldn't feel bad for not knowing about it. None of you, to my knowledge, decided to use the subject for a diss rap.

Or I guess lol heel heat I've been gotten to

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

is it ok to call him trump now

just don't call him late for dinner!!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I feel like "Julia is okay with it" might be a stretch because unless she's literally coming up with those jokes herself she has to either accept it or risk being viewed as a killjoy/gimmick killer by the acclaimed. Kind of a lose lose for her.

That's just my opinion.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

the toxic aew locker room at it again

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

THATB

for the love of god THATB

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Everybody should know this
I'm as sorry as can be
Don't serve me my notice
I'm scared of NXT

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

I feel like "Julia is okay with it" might be a stretch because unless she's literally coming up with those jokes herself she has to either accept it or risk being viewed as a killjoy/gimmick killer by the acclaimed. Kind of a lose lose for her.

That's just my opinion.

When I make rape jokes at work nobody gets mad at me to my face and many of my male coworkers think they’re hilarious. I’m pretty confident that everyone is okay with my jokes.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

zimbomonkey posted:

That's just my opinion.

Everyone in the locker room is afraid of stepping on The Acclaimed's toes--BBT is high on them!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

zimbomonkey posted:

That's just my opinion.

That's fair, power imbalance probably has a factor in whatever degree she agreed to the lines, it'll be interesting to see how this is handled

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

That's just my opinion.

Jordan7hm posted:

When I make rape jokes at work nobody gets mad at me to my face and many of my male coworkers think they’re hilarious. I’m pretty confident that everyone is okay with my jokes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Yep. And a lot of people pro talking about teenage girl genitals itt.

Any suggestion of "well I'm sure they cleared it with Julia so it's fine" is total bull. Even if they did, you're a teenage girl in your first big gig in the wrestling industry and people come to you and put you on the spot to say "hey I want to do this line", you're not going to rock the boat and call it out as seedy, creepy garbage. You're unlikely to parse the kind of toxicity it immediately will give off to every woman who hears it on youtube. You're just going to listen to the supposed veteran and say "sure" to be agreeable and easy to work with. So no, do not try and pin this on Julia.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

All the victims and Julia actually wrote the rap, but now i’m mad at him for having a ghost writer.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Yo
Yo
Yo

My latest rap added 23 pages to the thread discourse
Like Tom Clancy I keep being problematic without remorse

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zimbomonkey posted:

That's just my opinion.

Yeah, the whole idea that a 19 year old female rookie unquestionably has the confidence, voice, and opportunity to speak up IF she's bothered (by an act that is a project of the owner) seems like a leap. It would also be a leap to assume she's offended and too afraid to say anything. I don't think we have any real insight into her feelings on the matter so she really shouldn't be used as a weapon for either side of the argument.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

zimbomonkey posted:

That's just my opinion.

Maybe she’s a pros pro but for weeks now they say stuff, she gives a big reaction to the camera and then tonight when the Acclaimed got beat up she’s giving a big rah rah cheerleader reaction for her guys. It’s possible she’s totally miserable but then the entire segment and some of the camera direction is built around it. Seems less likely than she’s playing a character and having fun rooting her team on while side eyeing the assholes.

So if she hates this the company is doing something super messed up.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

The only solution is MDK vs Platinum Max

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, the whole idea that a 19 year old female rookie unquestionably has the confidence, voice, and opportunity to speak up IF she's bothered (by an act that is a project of the owner) seems like a leap. It would also be a leap to assume she's offended and too afraid to say anything. I don't think we have any real insight into her feelings on the matter so she really shouldn't be used as a weapon for either side of the argument.

Agreed. I don't think completely denying Julia's agency is the right move.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Yep and it loving sucks

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'd be loving bummed if I went to a wrestling show and heard a heel do loving rape jokes about real life events man

I've been to shows where wrestlers called the crowd homophobic slurs for heat and it instantly kills any good memory I have of the show, would be the same reaction hearing that loving Duke line live. If I'd brought any wrestling-skeptic friends I'd be deeply loving embarrassed and ashamed that people in my hobby would think a line like that is okay to not just say in the moment but put on a loving taped show upload a week later

I don't think Caster should get fired but I absolutely think he should at least get a Sammy-style suspension and we deserve an apology not just for the lines but also that AEW editors and producers would think that is okay to upload as is

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

i get that rolling collective eyes at The Discourse is what we do here and all but rape jokes for cheap heat was both already lovely and already lame when the dudley boys were doing them a quarter of a century ago

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zimbomonkey posted:

I feel like "Julia is okay with it" might be a stretch because unless she's literally coming up with those jokes herself she has to either accept it or risk being viewed as a killjoy. Kind of a lose lose for her.

That's just my opinion.

I've been figuring she's okay with it since she mugs at the camera every week about it, and I'm also assuming at some point she's going to kick Caster in the balls to cap off the storyline, but you're right that unspoken pressure is a legitimate concern.

Edge & Christian posted:

It hasn't been the focus in the midst of a bunch of Twitter/ESPN Yelling Heads show level 'discourse', like I said, but it's absolutely something that's not very hard to know about. She mentioned it directly in pre-Olympics interviews with places like the New York Times as both why she wanted to go back to the Olympics one more time (to win medals for herself/for a team that doesn't include Nassar) and I guess I was incorrect that she directly cited it as part of why she quit, but she did retweet one of the other abused gymnasts who said as much, and it was very much part (though not yelled as loudly in the sports sections I guess) of the media focus.

"The Twisties", not unlike the "yips" are a disconnect between the body and mind, which falls under "mental health", which, and I am not a psychologist or anything, may be affected by bad things that have happened to you?

I knew who Nassar was but didn't connect the two things until some people pointed it out shortly after she withdrew. It definitely hasn't been the dominant topic of conversation re: Simone Biles, a lot of that is just garden variety crypto-racist "spoiled athletes" stuff. You shouldn't feel bad for not knowing about it. None of you, to my knowledge, decided to use the subject for a diss rap.

Or I guess lol heel heat I've been gotten to

Yeah, all of what I've seen about it has been other gymnasts saying that it's real, a lot of high level gymnasts get this at some point, and it's super dangerous for someone doing the kind of high level moves she is doing, and that it absolutely sucks that it happened to her at the most heartbreaking time. I haven't seen anything in the media connecting it to previous sexual trauma which is why I figured the rap was just going for the kind of non-empathetic "spoiled athletes" heat you're talking about which was a lot of CHUD-types initial response

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
buncha mizzarks

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
It's gonna be great to have the United Center show marred by a horribly rapped Brad Aldrich joke.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CarlCX posted:

i get that rolling collective eyes at The Discourse is what we do here and all but rape jokes for cheap heat was both already lovely and already lame when the dudley boys were doing them a quarter of a century ago

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

If Max was a real pro, he would've rhymed something with Krzyzewski instead of making a Duke Lacrosse joke

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
just... there's a lot of things you can talk about out there that are lovely but aren't rape level lovely. You don't have to talk about rape. You just don't.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

I don't think Caster should get fired but I absolutely think he should at least get a Sammy-style suspension and we deserve an apology not just for the lines but also that AEW editors and producers would think that is okay to upload as is

Why would he get punished by AEW if it's been okayed? They said yes. It's on them.
Allowing him to go out and say that, seeing the reaction to it and then punishing him for what they gave the OK to, is dogshit.
He should probably apologize for coming up with it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I still can't believe Britt Baker wasn't fired for her fat shaming or mockery of rural health systems.