Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

gently caress WWE but there is no loving way anyone here would be caping for rape joker max caster if he wasn’t aew, the lack of self awareness is wild you can love something and not strive to interpret it through some bizarre prism of “the good guys”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Youve never had a situation where a boss told you something was OK but you knew it really wasn't?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oil! posted:

I still can't believe Britt Baker wasn't fired for her fat shaming or mockery of rural health systems.

is that rape?

Are you struggling to understand the difference between one and the other?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

gently caress WWE but there is no loving way anyone here would be caping for rape joker max caster if he wasn’t aew, the lack of self awareness is wild you can love something and not strive to interpret it through some bizarre prism of “the good guys”

EMF is right and this is loving embarrassing lmao

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
It is okay to say, "Hey, AEW might have hosed up with this one and I hope they do better"

I don't want to see a world where they do that over and over again because no one is willing to call them on it. Would it make me tune out? Probably not, but I would certainly mute or skip over any acclaimed segments.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

luchadornado posted:

Youve never had a situation where a boss told you something was OK but you knew it really wasn't?

Not personally, no, but obviously it happens. Should I get punished for it, it'd be bullshit since it would be them covering their rear end.
All I'm saying is that they shouldn't throw it all on Max when they're, at the very least, complicit.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yes absolutely thirding this. Rape is bad to joke about and there's no way anyone here would be okay with it if it happened on the other brand.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

Yes absolutely thirding this. Rape is bad to joke about and there's no way anyone here would be okay with it if it happened on the other brand.

Pretty sure the people here who are ok with it would be ok with it on either brand.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I think it was over the line and i hope they respond more / better than trying to remove it from a video that's already been beamed to tens of thousands

the booth even seemed pretty shocked after the Duke Lacrosse line so the levels of editorial failure are pretty amazing

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

The Biles joke is about her pulling out of several Olympic events due to having the "twisties," none of this other stuff about her has been in the media focus at all

As long as I live I honestly don't think I will ever get over this post

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

Pretty sure the people here who are ok with it would be ok with it on either brand.

Well then I've misjudged a lot of people.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

AsInHowe posted:

It's gonna be great to have the United Center show marred by a horribly rapped Brad Aldrich joke.

Something something "cover you up like Stan Bowman".

Caster's rap was really lovely and went too far. There's some places you don't need to go for heat.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

neoaxd posted:

Not personally, no, but obviously it happens. Should I get punished for it, it'd be bullshit since it would be them covering their rear end.
All I'm saying is that they shouldn't throw it all on Max when they're, at the very least, complicit.

I don't think anyone is saying it should be all thrown on Max. I am seeing a lot of people criticising AEW for letting it air six days letter when they had ample opportunity to edit it out.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Zombie Lemur posted:

Something something "cover you up like Stan Bowman".

Caster's rap was really lovely and went too far. There's some places you don't need to go for heat.

i'm swinging a bat and swinging my dick
got you cornered at my place like i'm Brad Aldrich

luchadornado posted:

yeah, if this were WWE, they'd sexually harass and intimidate the old fashioned way, by making the women get cartoonish breast implants

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

a e double yooooooou!!!!!!!!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

a e double yooooooou!!!!!!!!

the acclaimed!!!
are awry!!!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

your friend wicka posted:

I mean all of the TV coverage I've seen about it has focused on mental health generally and the twisties specifically, I don't see what's weird about that post. The American Olympic broadcast has perhaps unsurprisingly not been eager to pursue a possible link to the famous monster who was involved with USA Gymnastics and abused its biggest star

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
More like *googles opposite of Acclaim*

The Obscure?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

neoaxd posted:

the acclaimed!!!
are awry!!!

Look at this fake fan

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MJeff posted:

More like *googles opposite of Acclaim*

The Obscure?

Min Caster

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

AsInHowe posted:

i'm swinging a bat and swinging my dick
got you cornered at my place like i'm Brad Aldrich

yeah, if this were WWE, they'd sexually harass and intimidate the old fashioned way, by making the women get cartoonish breast implants

Hopefully we only get nice, wholesome jokes about Patrick Kane beating up a cabdriver and not the um..other Patrick Kane stuff.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

she's having confidence issues from the whole year and personal stuff she's been through that involve her mental health and was off her game and afraid of drastically injuring herself so she pulled out of the olympics and everyone is talking about it in the news

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

xbilkis posted:

I mean all of the TV coverage I've seen about it has focused on mental health generally and the twisties specifically, I don't see what's weird about that post. The American Olympic broadcast has perhaps unsurprisingly not been eager to pursue a possible link to the famous monster who was involved with USA Gymnastics and abused its biggest star

The Larry Nassar scandal is one of the most widely reported and well known stories in the history of sports and it is in the background of literally anything to do with US gymnastics. To suggest it hasn't been "in the media focus at all" is without a doubt one of the single dumbest and wrongest statements I have ever read in my whole entire life. Flat Earthers make a better point. Let this one go my man

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

xbilkis posted:

It is an incredibly loving well known scandal lmao

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The Larry Nassar scandal is one of the most widely reported and well known stories in the history of sports and it is in the background of literally anything to do with US gymnastics. To suggest it hasn't been "in the media focus at all" is without a doubt one of the single dumbest and wrongest statements I have ever read in my whole entire life. Flat Earthers make a better point. Let this one go my man

oh you know what the post meant, my bad. i thought you didn't get what the "twisties" was. TBH, anytime i've seen news stations on TV talking about Simone pulling out of the olympics no one mentions the nassar case or what the mental health issues could be besides "the twisties"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Digg this post

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is any of this even gaining traction or becoming a thing outside of this thread/subforum?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lots of pro-indigenous genocide folk in this thread.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Is any of this even gaining traction or becoming a thing outside of this thread/subforum?

Does it make it any less lovely if it hasn't?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Denise Salcedo tweeted an emoji at it. That's all i seen.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

I sure hope everyone who is mad here is also posting in a place AEW actually reads.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Zombie Lemur posted:

Hopefully we only get nice, wholesome jokes about Patrick Kane beating up a cabdriver and not the um..other Patrick Kane stuff.

Sensitivity training taught me a bad joke hurts
Tony's keeping me off TV like his name's Bill Wirtz

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dango Bango posted:

At the very least it got enough pushback for them to edit it out of the show, at least according to some. I have not checked to confirm that.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Does it make it any less lovely if it hasn't?

Of course not.

xbilkis posted:

Drake Wuertz was right there...

e: now that I actually Google Bill Wirtz, :golfclap:

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 4, 2021

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I sure hope everyone who is mad here is also posting in a place AEW actually reads.

I am endlessly complaining on the Fulham subreddit

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

xbilkis posted:

this is a great post.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I am endlessly complaining on the Fulham subreddit

I said a place Tony reads, go try f4w boards

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

xbilkis posted:

The Bill Wirtz line is genius and I'd pop like the huge dork that I am if I heard someone make that reference.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I have no idea who Larry Nassar is and my entire knowledge of SImon Biles is a vague knowledge of lady who pulled out of Olympics for mental health reasons. I don't listen to the radio or have tv so maybe that's why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I am Shahid Khan. My dumb nerd son has a lot to answer for, to me, his father.