Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

tweet my meat posted:

### Holy Handbuff, Paladin!
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Prismatic Jewel Kit
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (2) Encumbered Pack Mule
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannermanl
# 2x (3) Catacomb Guard
# 2x (3) Goody Two-Shields
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (4) First Blade of Wrynn
# 2x (4) Invigorating Sermon
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (6) Cornelius Roame
# 1x (6) Highlord Fordragon
#
AAECAZ8FBJHsA6L4A9j5A6qKBA39uAPruQPKwQPK0QPM6wPn7AOH9AOI9APw9gPz9gOq+AOVoATJoAQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I run a lot of cycle so I don't have too many fuel issues as long as i don't blow through my resources too quickly, it's also at a pretty low rank so it's a lot of bad players and bad day 1 experimental decks.
How have the sermons been working for you?

I ran into a few quest mages who just froze me out until they finished their quests, then burned me down. Flurry was pretty strong against me since it doesn't pop divine shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

fanny packrat posted:

How have the sermons been working for you?

I ran into a few quest mages who just froze me out until they finished their quests, then burned me down. Flurry was pretty strong against me since it doesn't pop divine shields.

I had a lot of trouble against mage and I'd guess I just got lucky to win. Freeze is a pretty good counter because you have a lot of rush minions and minions that want to pop their shield.

Sermons have been pretty nice actually, slow to be sure, but I can usually find a spare moment to play it with how hard this deck dominates the board and it buffs everything except minions that already died so it's usually gonna get a ton of value and maybe even a bit of tempo from the board buff to offset the loss from playing a slow 5 mana spell.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Lol was playing Fatigue Warlock and was going back and forth with a Pirate Quest Warrior and it wasn't until we were in the fatigue state that I realized my deck's win condition. Pulled out the W without even thinking about it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Blasmeister posted:

Had something so absurd like 4 legendaries in my first 15 packs that I checked there wasn’t some known bug with the odds, the next 30 def evened my luck out a bit but still happy. Did open a Varian so I’m now much less tempted to give Blizzard money for the tavern pass

Just noticed that Varian is listed as modified and thus fully dustable. I guess that's intentional to stop this happening. Well played.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Good to know that Ignite shuffles into your deck before Chandler draws, so you can chain it with the one ignite. Possibly better just to run the one so it ramps faster.
I made an Ignite deck that is 1 ignite and 29 minions. The minions generate cards (babbling book, wand thief, scorpid etc), draw cards (Roame, Thalnos), or best of all draw spells (Starscryer, Frostweave dungeoneer even though you won't get the icicles). Also added some discounts (Kindling elemental, Arcane luminary). Still will need some testing. But the main aim will be just get off as many ignites as you can while generating everything else you need. If you can get a kindling down to prime your chandler then you could get 3 off with 10 mana. Arcane luminary and Chandler, if you still had the kindling elemental, is only 2 Ignites, so you if you can have a luminary survive and keep the kindling discount for the chandler you could actually get 6 off in a turn if you've Ignited once already and gotten it back to hand. Which would be at a minimum, lethal (3+4+5+6+7+8=33). That's a tough ask, but you can set up multiple burn turns if you uses your chandlers wisely.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
drat, my only legendary in 27 packs was Benedictus. My worst luck ever I think. Guess I'll try to make it work.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Sir Lemming posted:

drat, my only legendary in 27 packs was Benedictus. My worst luck ever I think. Guess I'll try to make it work.
Shadow Priest seems pretty fun for day one; I don't know how it will hold up once more aggressive things get refined but it works right now. I still hate playing against Priest because more than any other class it feels like their deck only contains Discover cards.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This game is about to become as bad as it has ever been soon but I dont give a poo poo because the Sword of a Thousand Truths is so loving great lmfao

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Good to know that Ignite shuffles into your deck before Chandler draws, so you can chain it with the one ignite. Possibly better just to run the one so it ramps faster.
I made an Ignite deck that is 1 ignite and 29 minions. The minions generate cards (babbling book, wand thief, scorpid etc), draw cards (Roame, Thalnos), or best of all draw spells (Starscryer, Frostweave dungeoneer even though you won't get the icicles). Also added some discounts (Kindling elemental, Arcane luminary). Still will need some testing. But the main aim will be just get off as many ignites as you can while generating everything else you need. If you can get a kindling down to prime your chandler then you could get 3 off with 10 mana. Arcane luminary and Chandler, if you still had the kindling elemental, is only 2 Ignites, so you if you can have a luminary survive and keep the kindling discount for the chandler you could actually get 6 off in a turn if you've Ignited once already and gotten it back to hand. Which would be at a minimum, lethal (3+4+5+6+7+8=33). That's a tough ask, but you can set up multiple burn turns if you uses your chandlers wisely.

It might be crazy but the quest also draws spells specifically. With enough generation such as Scorpid, imprisoned socressses, and the importer, you might be able to trigger the quest twice for two more ignites.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Hunter Quest has been my only legendary from close to 40 packs (so I must be getting another one soon). No idea where it'll end up in the meta but it does feel functional.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
was losing with every new deck i tried today

maybe bad draws

then won with doom shaman go fig

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Shwqa posted:

It might be crazy but the quest also draws spells specifically. With enough generation such as Scorpid, imprisoned socressses, and the importer, you might be able to trigger the quest twice for two more ignites.

Unfortunately I don't have it, so not testing it yet. It would be extra cycles and would beef up the ignite once it's all completed.
Another line to play: Generate a potion of Illusion then play chandler and luminary and potion them for 10 mana (5, 3, 2 [discounted from 4]) and then you can cast 8 Ignites next turn if it's in hand (or you have a 0 mana fire spell generated).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hunter Quest has been my only legendary from close to 40 packs (so I must be getting another one soon). No idea where it'll end up in the meta but it does feel functional.

Biggest problem with it is lack of draw/card generation to really take advantage of the final hero power.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

RatHat posted:

Biggest problem with it is lack of draw/card generation to really take advantage of the final hero power.

Yeah any generation or draw really helps. Lock and Load was one of the first things I added.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Shwqa posted:

Haha whoever wish me happy birthday in the kibler stream is amazing.

I remembered. :unsmith:

Russad fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 4, 2021

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
While I only got one poo poo legendary I did get two boars

So now I gotta figure out a deck for them

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spent all my gold on packs since I didn't want to get the pre order bundle, did pretty well with ~120 since I didn't buy any in Forged.

Golden Shaman quest
Final Showdown
Jaxon
Atondias
Find the Imposter
Jace
Golden Maestra

Most of those are... Not at all interesting but I guess it's dust.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Does golden Maestra give you the golden version of the hero portrait?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
So Shadow Priest is fun to play, although I'm using the more aggro style and not the Control deck VS theorised.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

BIG HEADLINE posted:

(Varian, King of Stormwind :smith:)

You can dust this for full refund right now

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Pardot posted:

You can dust this for full refund right now

Yeah, but wouldn't I have to craft his non-Golden equivalent since I've no plans to buy the Battle Pass?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Currently 10-2 with this deck, it’s an absolute powerhouse.

### Quest Mage Best Mage
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) First Flame
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 1x (1) Sorcerer's Gambit
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Ignite
# 2x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Combustion
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 2x (4) Fire Sale
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (5) Apexis Blast
# 2x (5) Refreshing Spring Water
#
AAECAauwBAKU0QPo9wMOwbgDgb8Dx84Dzc4D99ED1OoD0OwD0ewDp/cDrvcDsvcD/J4E/Z4E6J8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
Hey guys, remember spell mage? Well he's back, in pog form.

:(

Padical fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 4, 2021

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They gotta nuke Flow into outer space, they should've done it before but they definitely gotta do it now lol

I'm having fun, but not really feeling how uninteractive a lot of the decks being played are right now. Really concerned about what stuff looks like in a week when stuff is refined.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I can't believe Stealer of Souls is real. Runed Mithril Rod was also a mistake.
I've been comboing through my entire deck on like turn 7/8, and no match has really been that close. I'm assuming once some face hunters show up this will get kept a little more in check but for now its biggest enemy is how long Stealer's animation takes.

### depravity
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) The Demon Seed
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (2) Darkglare
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Soul Shear
# 2x (2) Unstable Shadow Blast
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Free Admission
# 2x (3) Runed Mithril Rod
# 2x (3) School Spirits
# 2x (4) Demonic Assault
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (4) Stealer of Souls
# 1x (4) The Dark Portal
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAr+5A4T7Aw61uQO2uQPLuQOsywPN0gOV3gOT5AOI7wOK7wO98QOB+wOD+wOxnwTnoAQA
#

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Yeah from the few games I've played against it and some streams, it seems insane how quickly the warlock quest can be completed.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Watching the streams and looking at the set...

How the gently caress do you print the Mage quest and ignite, or warlocks ridiculous poo poo, and give classes like Druid...a lovely taunt?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

Watching the streams and looking at the set...

How the gently caress do you print the Mage quest and ignite, or warlocks ridiculous poo poo, and give classes like Druid...a lovely taunt?

It’s really a shame. I wanted druid to be good but it’s just kinda… there.

Quest mage is the strongest deck I’ve ever played. I went like 16-4 or something crazy tonight.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

It’s really a shame. I wanted druid to be good but it’s just kinda… there.

Quest mage is the strongest deck I’ve ever played. I went like 16-4 or something crazy tonight.

That warlock deck posted above is even better than the mage deck. It can win by turn 6 if you get the nuts, otherwise turn 7 or 8. Its going to get nerfed hard.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

That warlock deck posted above is even better than the mage deck. It can win by turn 6 if you get the nuts, otherwise turn 7 or 8. Its going to get nerfed hard.

I’ve run into one of them, it’s really good. I still won but it was really close.

I think this is a good game to end the night on. Cram session drew me 8 cards :getin:

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Firebert posted:

They gotta nuke Flow into outer space, they should've done it before but they definitely gotta do it now lol

I'm having fun, but not really feeling how uninteractive a lot of the decks being played are right now. Really concerned about what stuff looks like in a week when stuff is refined.

Came here to post this. Unreal how much the games feel like DRAWDRAWDRAW, win from hand. Any sort of deck based around minions that at some point need to hit face are poo poo decks.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

I've played dogs version a bit (https://twitter.com/dogdog/status/1422643576211533825) and had a decent winstreak against quest hunters, but against classes who can build multiple boards you're in trouble. There's also an aggro version out there with nightshade + hand of guldan and less healing, but I have no idea how to play it against pressure decks. Do you have any streamers or youtube videos that can teach me how to play? I'm bad at any deck that's not curvestone.

Quest Mage seems like my jam but I'm not making the mistake of crafting the top deck on day 1 of the expansion again, especially when a supporting card is the problem and I won't get a dust refund.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 4, 2021

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
That list Dog posted is a more refined version that will likely do better once some aggro decks actually show up. The main thing you need to do is just empty the deck and have a Stealer of Souls out with a backfire/hand of guldan, because then you're able to pop off and complete the quest around turn 6 or so. I imagine the version posted earlier will be less effective once everyone stops playing hearthstone solitaire but the mithril rod/stealer of souls/backfire package is good enough that there will be multiple nerfs I think.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

What does pog mean? It's been mentioned twice in the last page and it's making me feel old.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Currently 10-2 with this deck, it’s an absolute powerhouse.

### Quest Mage Best Mage
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) First Flame
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 1x (1) Sorcerer's Gambit
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Ignite
# 2x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Combustion
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 2x (4) Fire Sale
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (5) Apexis Blast
# 2x (5) Refreshing Spring Water
#
AAECAauwBAKU0QPo9wMOwbgDgb8Dx84Dzc4D99ED1OoD0OwD0ewDp/cDrvcDsvcD/J4E/Z4E6J8EAA==
#

Built this because I got the three quest weekly and it's fun, but I sure am seeing a lot of Warlocks. Not sure which one of us is more degenerate but I'm gonna go with them.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

GTO posted:

What does pog mean? It's been mentioned twice in the last page and it's making me feel old.

It's been diluted to basically mean nothing but originally it meant "Play Of the Game"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

GTO posted:

Both were used in different, largely unrelated forms. The first being a reference to the 1995 episode of popular long-lived animated series The Simpsons in which character Bartholomew (Bart) Simpson sells his soul to his bespectacled friend, who in turn trades it at a comic book store for pogs (a cardboard disc game popular in the early 90s) from the 80s sitcom ALF. The quote in question: "Remember ALF? He's back... in pog form"

The second form of pog has become a popular slang term on video game streaming site Twitch. It is a reference to the emote entitled "PogChamp" featuring a facial expression somewhere between excitement and surprise. The origin of the phrase refers to a video in which the original subject depicted in the emote wins a game of pogs. The emote has since been changed on Twitch to no longer depict the original subject, after they spread conspiracy theories in response to the the January 6, 2021 riot at the US Capitol. The phrase still remains a popular expression of excitement and/or pleasant surprise among Twitch users, many of whom, amusingly, may have no knowledge of the pog boom of the 90s.

Language is funny

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Also: me from 78 packs - 4 legendaries. Friend in 53 packs - 7 legendaries. All I can say is that for me, it could have been worse.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Considering adding a full Auctioneer Jaxon trade package into my Elwynn Boar hunter. I already run a couple of trade minions because I'm loving desperate for cycle in the deck, so I figure Jaxon wouldn't impact things too badly and the tracking effect could be pretty handy for pulling out specific combo pieces. It sounds a bit janky, but I really like the idea so I think I might put Jaxon on the crafting list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

gandlethorpe posted:

Both were used in different, largely unrelated forms. The first being a reference to the 1995 episode of popular long-lived animated series The Simpsons in which character Bartholomew (Bart) Simpson sells his soul to his bespectacled friend, who in turn trades it at a comic book store for pogs (a cardboard disc game popular in the early 90s) from the 80s sitcom ALF. The quote in question: "Remember ALF? He's back... in pog form"

The second form of pog has become a popular slang term on video game streaming site Twitch. It is a reference to the emote entitled "PogChamp" featuring a facial expression somewhere between excitement and surprise. The origin of the phrase refers to a video in which the original subject depicted in the emote wins a game of pogs. The emote has since been changed on Twitch to no longer depict the original subject, after they spread conspiracy theories in response to the the January 6, 2021 riot at the US Capitol. The phrase still remains a popular expression of excitement and/or pleasant surprise among Twitch users, many of whom, amusingly, may have no knowledge of the pog boom of the 90s.

Language is funny

Thanks, this is great. I remember pogs from the 90s, loving that there is such a weird cultural heritage around them.